Cosmic Xtractor

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi , this vape seems to be nice but i don't understand why it's in DIY section and not in portable vaporizer.
Good vape

Because he is not a company manufacturing them for sale really, it is more of a DIY project, that you are able to buy complete builds ready made, but you could also be buying the materials to do it yourself...

Berzzerkker

Because he is not a company manufacturing them for sale really, it is more of a DIY project, that you are able to buy complete builds ready made, but you could also be buying the materials to do it yourself...

I have great admiration for anyone who can turn a hobby into a small income source.

Especially when the product is useful & loved by all who use it!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Mine has arrived. The wood is popping, the grain is something else.

IMG-20220127-191902-01.jpg

Can I use any 18mm stem or do I have to use 19/22? Got some lamart stems, but dont want to damage the screen.

Whats the recommend TCR?

Won't get to try this untill tomorrow, but from my unboxing impressions - it looks like a upgraded splinter.

Last edited:

FearAndLawyering

any 18mm should work with it / should be enough clearance on the heater. TCR varies, I like to start with 90 and work my way up. there may be a burn in period over a couple days, Im sitting at 112 / 358F on my daily driver but thats pushing it dark.

yeah that chechen (carribean rosewood) really pops. I really like how that one turned out. I didnt measure for it but it turned out being a perfect fit for lost vape grus mod - I think its 30mm width? narrower than I tend to go but I think that was by request (I dont remember)

rvarick

sorry, I need to make a guide or something but it sounds like your settings aren't quite right

in temp control mode the wattage is the speed of the heat up. picture a triangle where the sides are resistance, TCR and temperature. these all combine into your final real temperature. probably your locked resistance is too high. what you'll want to do is unscrew the cosmic from the mod, turn the mod on, screw the cosmic on (making sure not to hit the fire button). and the live resistance shown on the screen is going to be your cold resistance.

if you switch it on or off the base, you will need to set a new resistance (the base adds some)

once its dialed in, it should be easier to use. 2 clicks to start autofire and heat up in about 2 seconds @ 70W. Ive rolled it back on mine personally to 65W and I'm going to update the config to reflect that. I'm also going to do a 2nd profile for mod+base to make it easier

im running locked cold resistance, 65W, 358F, 112 TCR and getting near combustion... right where I want it. coffee brown. but a more conservative 90-100 TCR if you're looking for flavor
How do I go about adjusting the wattage down (from 70) in ArcticFox when running TCR? I couldn’t find how to adjust wattage there, just TCR value or resistance.

Edit: Figured it out from a google search, which pointed me to a Reddit comment, by none other than @FearAndLawyering!

I had to temporarily set the tcr to power dominant (instead of temp), back out, adjust the wattage down, and then flipped back to temp dominant. The lower wattage stayed 👍.

Currently running my CX (Blue Mahoe, no glass) on a Grus mod (like the one pictured above). The form factor and performance with this mod is great!

Last edited:

FearAndLawyering

Personally I prefer a little thickness to the wood, more substantial, the burl is purdy!
its a shame, its really interesting looking stuff but the guy I got it from cut it all weird. most of it probably not big enough to do a body at all, I will figure out other uses (stem/dab tool handle/stand/etc). 2nd pic shows how its not squared

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My lamart stub cooler stem did not fit well on the CE. They span freely and were not tight at all.

I am using a eds tnt 19/22 wood stem. This is working great and is seated quite firm. I had two of these stems but included 1 in a trade. Shame.

The extractor itself works great. It takes quite a few puffs to get the material really toasted. However I don't mind puffing away on it as it as it has a lovely woody taste. It's like with an old gentlemans pipe.

It's does tend to hot spot for me and needs a couple of stirs. Not a problem as this is more of a home portable for me. On my two battery gen 3 dual and eds stem its too big to take out.

The wood grain on the rosewood is something else, a little brick butter and it's popping really well.

All for $130. Bargain

FearAndLawyering

Couple sneak peaks:

A side project for my side project - thermal camera for QC'ing heaters :)

working on the guts of an all in one unit (AIO) - using a wismec r80 board, with a 21700 battery sled, thin atomizer to show the potential footprint of the internals - basically two batteries wide. I'm also looking at shortening the heaters - this all adds up to a smaller, more portable unit while maintaining a good battery life.

no pics yet, but also working on a new heater mesh folding rig. the old one was good, but I think it can be better.

enrarit

Couple sneak peaks:

A side project for my side project - thermal camera for QC'ing heaters :)

working on the guts of an all in one unit (AIO) - using a wismec r80 board, with a 21700 battery sled, thin atomizer to show the potential footprint of the internals - basically two batteries wide. I'm also looking at shortening the heaters - this all adds up to a smaller, more portable unit while maintaining a good battery life.

no pics yet, but also working on a new heater mesh folding rig. the old one was good, but I think it can be better.
An AIO?

Yes please.

FearAndLawyering

Production is going slow, between weather and some lingering family health stuff. but a couple small updates. Ive been trying my hand at some poker tools. I put a nub on the end that fits a basket screen for tamping and they've been really handy. and ones a scoop for other vapes (injector desktops)

before wax -
after wax -
some bodies -
------------------

and I think a mini PSA is in order - I don't want to cause a panic but I think we might be seeing the end of arctic fox mods soon. theres a bunch of things coming together that seems to be working against them. Im not even sure about continuing work on an AIO that depends on AF mod boards. the gist of it is:
- PACT act / vape mail ban
- china vape ban
- RDA vapes falling out of favor vs pods
- devices being discontinued
- manufacturers not releasing firmware for new devices
- chip shortage (some mods that launched supporting AF have switched from STM chips to novoton chips and they literally can't run AF, buyer beware)

none of the new wismec mods have supported AF yet, and the new mods that do support AF are being discontinued (rp80, grus) or switching chips (thelema solo)

BakedDiogenes

and I think a mini PSA is in order - I don't want to cause a panic but I think we might be seeing the end of arctic fox mods soon. theres a bunch of things coming together that seems to be working against them. Im not even sure about continuing work on an AIO that depends on AF mod boards. the gist of it is:
- PACT act / vape mail ban
- china vape ban
- RDA vapes falling out of favor vs pods
- devices being discontinued
- manufacturers not releasing firmware for new devices
- chip shortage (some mods that launched supporting AF have switched from STM chips to novoton chips and they literally can't run AF, buyer beware)

none of the new wismec mods have supported AF yet, and the new mods that do support AF are being discontinued (rp80, grus) or switching chips (thelema solo)

Are DNA chip boards also affected? Seems like they were put to good use in the Elites.

BakedDiogenes,

Gdash

Your woodworking skills have continued to improved since you began this project and it's amazing to see how far these have come in such a short amount of time. Each batch looks better than the last. Can't recommend the CX enough.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yo I am sending @FearAndLawyering a mod so he can build a base for my Espeon to go with my CX...

Does anyone here have his mailing address perchance??

I want to go to the post office soon and he hasn't replied to my message yet so I am just antsy! lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom