Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

GratefulDread

Hi folks,

Been a minute since I've posted to this thread. I had a second and thought I'd add a few updates. Amazingly, I still have not needed to buy a Core 2 of any kind. My highly modified Core 1 is still going strong, with the battery still holding a charge through multiple sessions. I use the damn thing every day and only need to charge it every 2 weeks or so.

Anyway, they now have a 2.1 version that includes a non-rebuildable V5 cup. Not quite sure how this is an upgrade from the regular V5 Core cup, and there is a 2.2 version where the lip of the ceramic cup is a smidge taller than the metal housing. This allows you to wipe your dabber off on the edge of the cup without getting concentrate in between the cup and the housing.

On DT's discord, there is some talk of a Core 3 on the horizon, Not quite sure of all the upgrades, but one thing they were discussing is a switch to Replaceable 18650's! That would be one hell of an upgrade! I will update if I hear anything new.

Finally, for those looking for new glass options. There have been a number of recyclers that have become available on DT's website. Besides the recyclers, there is a new cone shape that mimics the Peak.

and on other sites, such as HVT and discountenails.com, such as these
I really like the larger version here. The cost is quite reasonable, but I do hear that it adds some height and weight to the overall footprint. I might be pretty happy with my older flat top perc design for now.

So there you go. I'll end with a somewhat recent review of the Core 2 by Cewpins. He certainly vapes a lot and has a lot of positive feedback on the Core. Be well!
Any updates regarding Core 3 rumors?
I'm considering picking up the Core 2.1 (or 2.2?) for my first e-rig.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Any updates regarding Core 3 rumors?
I'm considering picking up the Core 2.1 (or 2.2?) for my first e-rig.
They said possible production is about 6 months away if all goes well. They are still in design phase.

For now, you can't go wrong with a Core 2. Anything as good will probably cost more. I don't really know what the 2.2 gets you over the 2.1 The 2.2 V5 is not rebuildable which I would think is not as good, but I haven't really researched it enough.

zikzak

Matt should give some of his long time customers a few sneak peeks at those designs. :)

Sometimes it's hard to catch his IG reels/stories to catch a glimpse when he does publish those sneak peeks of the past.

zikzak,

GratefulDread

They said possible production is about 6 months away if all goes well. They are still in design phase.

For now, you can't go wrong with a Core 2. Anything as good will probably cost more. I don't really know what the 2.2 gets you over the 2.1 The 2.2 V5 is not rebuildable which I would think is not as good, but I haven't really researched it enough.
Thanks for the update.
I'll probably go with the 2.x then.
I was under the impression that neither the 2.1 or 2.2 atomizers are rebuildable. Is that incorrect?
Not totally clear on the differences myself. But the 2.1 version is much cheaper for me up here in Canada so I'll probably just go with that.

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks for the update.
I'll probably go with the 2.x then.
I was under the impression that neither the 2.1 or 2.2 atomizers are rebuildable. Is that incorrect?
Not totally clear on the differences myself. But the 2.1 version is much cheaper for me up here in Canada so I'll probably just go with that.

Honestly, I'm not sure on the 2.1 and 2.2 thing. If you go into the website, you can check in the discord. It looks like what Matt is selling now is a Core 2 with a rebuildable V5 heater which he calls the nicedreamz? It must be the rebuildable style because the pictures have the allen screws on the posts so you can swap out heaters, and he is also selling heater cups to swap out for that V5 unit.

I will say that I eventually gave up on making sure the whole cup is white and clean, inside and out. I was taking the V5 apart so I could try and clean the chazz on the outside of the cups, and in the process causing problems for myself. The only times I've had to replace a cracked cup is when I tried to remove and clean them perfectly. I get by for months by just swabbing out the cup with a dry qtip and iso cleaning the bubbler every few days. As long as you swab out the cup right after using when it's still hot you can keep the inside perfectly white and clean. When it starts looking like reclaim is getting the best of the bowl area, I will do a more thorough cleaning (once every few months), which is unscrew the V5 and plop the whole thing in iso along with the carb cap, then swab out the screw in chamber area with iso. I then rinse and shake the V5 to get the excess water out, and dry what I can.

Overall, it just doesn't get that dirty for me as long as I swab after each session and iso the bubbler regularly. I use smaller dabs and don't overload it. If I was a big blob dab guy I'd be focused more on banger dabs than erigs.

In terms of bubbler, I did splurge on a few upgraded models. My fv right now is the flat top perc. I was eyeing some of those recyclers, but I don't think it improves the experience much more.

I've tried the Evolve Cricket, several pens, the Sai, the Qomo, the V4, the motar, and the lightning pen. Nope, not even close. I have considered the Proxy but didn't think it would be better. What does the Peak pro get you? Bluetooth and extra flashing lights for $250 more? The Core is still where it's at for me. And I use a TM2 for flower.

Thankyou10 will get you 10% off.

Last edited:

GratefulDread

Honestly, I'm not sure on the 2.1 and 2.2 thing. If you go into the website, you can check in the discord. It looks like what Matt is selling now is a Core 2 with a rebuildable V5 heater which he calls the nicedreamz? It must be the rebuildable style because the pictures have the allen screws on the posts so you can swap out heaters, and he is also selling heater cups to swap out for that V5 unit.

I will say that I eventually gave up on making sure the whole cup is white and clean, inside and out. I was taking the V5 apart so I could try and clean the chazz on the outside of the cups, and in the process causing problems for myself. The only times I've had to replace a cracked cup is when I tried to remove and clean them perfectly. I get by for months by just swabbing out the cup with a dry qtip and iso cleaning the bubbler every few days. As long as you swab out the cup right after using when it's still hot you can keep the inside perfectly white and clean. When it starts looking like reclaim is getting the best of the bowl area, I will do a more thorough cleaning (once every few months), which is unscrew the V5 and plop the whole thing in iso along with the carb cap, then swab out the screw in chamber area with iso. I then rinse and shake the V5 to get the excess water out, and dry what I can.

Overall, it just doesn't get that dirty for me as long as I swab after each session and iso the bubbler regularly. I use smaller dabs and don't overload it. If I was a big blob dab guy I'd be focused more on banger dabs than erigs.

In terms of bubbler, I did splurge on a few upgraded models. My fv right now is the flat top perc. I was eyeing some of those recyclers, but I don't think it improves the experience much more.

I've tried the Evolve Cricket, several pens, the Sai, the Qomo, the V4, the motar, and the lightning pen. Nope, not even close. I have considered the Proxy but didn't think it would be better. What does the Peak pro get you? Bluetooth and extra flashing lights for $250 more? The Core is still where it's at for me. And I use a TM2 for flower.

Thankyou10 will get you 10% off.
Yeah after doing a bit more research I think I'm going to go with the rebuildable heater.
Sounds like the main weakness with the Core currently is battery life?

BabyFacedFinster

Yeah after doing a bit more research I think I'm going to go with the rebuildable heater.
Sounds like the main weakness with the Core currently is battery life?

I've really not had any concerns with the battery in my unit. I should say that my unit is actually a OG Core not a Core 2. Before the Core 2 came out, I upgraded the bubbler, carb cap and the V5, so it looks like a Core 2 but still uses the OG base. I haven't bought another because the battery is still going strong.

I don't know if you mean battery life between charges or overall life? I looked back at my orders and I bought the Core in April of 2021. I use it almost every day for 1-2 medium dab sessions. A single charge will last me more than a week, but I usually charge before it dies. There is no warning light so when it dies, it's sudden. It doesn't have pass through charging so you need to wait about 2 hours for a full charge, so I usually plug it in once a week.
I'm actually amazed at the life of my battery. Maybe some people got a shitty one?

Last edited:

GratefulDread

I've really not had any concerns with the battery in my unit. I should say that my unit is actually a OG Core not a Core 2. Before the Core 2 came out, I upgraded the bubbler, carb cap and the V5, so it looks like a Core 2 but still uses the OG base. I haven't bought another because the battery is still going strong.

I don't know if you mean battery life between charges or overall life? I looked back at my orders and I bought the Core in April of 2021. I use it almost every day for 1-2 medium dab sessions. A single charge will last me almost 2 weeks, but I usually charge before it dies. There is no warning light so when it dies, it's sudden. It doesn't have pass through charging so you need to wait about 2 hours for a full charge, so I usually plug it in once a week.
I'm actually amazed at the life of my battery. Maybe some people got a shitty one?
Okay well that sounds fine to me. I saw a couple complaints about it on Reddit, but they didn't go into detail.
I'm fairly good about keeping things charged and I work from home so I doubt it would be much of an issue for me.
Thanks again!

BabyFacedFinster

Okay well that sounds fine to me. I saw a couple complaints about it on Reddit, but they didn't go into detail.
I'm fairly good about keeping things charged and I work from home so I doubt it would be much of an issue for me.
Thanks again!

One last thing, and this might speak to the battery life. I never run it in session mode. This is just me. I hate running any vape in session mode because I don't like to cook my weed when I'm not inhaling. Session mode would leave it on longer and would kill the battery sooner.

I use it on-demand and cold start dabs. I have mine set on the 3rd highest setting. This might vary in the Core 2. I load it and start it heating. Before I let it buzz to signal "up to temp", I start puffing until I start getting decent vapor. This will come before it buzzes. I then hit the button once to shut it off. Once it's at the temp I prefer I just press and hold the button just long enough to get the hit I want and then off the button. After about 3-4 hits I swab out with a qtip. It's an in and out process for me. If I want a slower session, I'll vape flower in my TM2.

Sorry to ramble, but I've been through a lot of vapes and many of them forgotten. I have a small handful that I'm pretty passionate about. The Core is funny because it's the only one that's chinese mass produced, but with Matt's help they just got it right.

Be well and enjoy.

Ricky420Bobby

Hey I have that recycler. You have to fill the water to where the glass from the intake tube meets the actual tube. You need a little more water and it will recycle I thought the same at first.
Hey I’m looking into buying this recycler also but I found some new ones that came out too so do you only have this recycler and or more for the core? Thanks hope to hear back from you soon!!

Ricky420Bobby,

kegstandman420

Hey I’m looking into buying this recycler also but I found some new ones that came out too so do you only have this recycler and or more for the core? Thanks hope to hear back from you soon!!
I only have the 1st 1 with the blue/green perc. I also have the hydra tube attachment which I had my glass blower make a 14mm female to tubing and then another piece that goes from tubing to 10mm male. I can use my core on all my 10 mm rigs and hydratubes.

kegstandman420,
Top Bottom