• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cooling stems for Splinter, Stempod, Tubo, Lil Bud, Mil

Hippie

Yes - I picked up a selection pack like these

The basket screens can be bent to fit if it's close

510vaporent

My baskets fit in the dhgate stem without modifying. That’s why I figured the baskets would not fit tight if I filed down the joint as the hole would get bigger. I would like to be able to file this stem down and use it in my Milaaana 3 if possible. The stem I bought actually has four dimples so it is kinda like a medium length XL8R

510vaporent,

510vaporent

My m3 sits my Dhgate adapters no issues except for clearing the battery screw nut.

I am receiving my mi3 today so I wasn’t sure if it would or not. I was under the impression the milaana 3 only worked with the 19/19 stems

510vaporent,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
I am receiving my mi3 today so I wasn’t sure if it would or not. I was under the impression the milaana 3 only worked with the 19/19 stems
That is what I heard also perhaps mine is a oddball?
Measured my adapters and the average is 23mm and all fit snug and sealed without moving the units screen at all.
My 25MM dry stems seal tight no issues so you may be ok.

arb,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah it does, but there is variance in glass so you could get lucky, just be very careful when you test fit, and be sure it actually is fitting properly, to be extra cautious for any glass damage. Mi3 is supposed to be sized to fit 19/19 stems with rimmed basket screens.

Shit Snacks,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yeah it does, but there is variance in glass so you could get lucky, just be very careful when you test fit, and be sure it actually is fitting properly, to be extra cautious for any glass damage. Mi3 is supposed to be sized to fit 19/19 stems with rimmed basket screens.
I do not use rimmed basket screens.
💡

arb,

Shit Snacks

I do not use rimmed basket screens.
💡

Yeah I have both, some of my other stems I use in Mi2 do not fit in Mi3 though, so in my experience at least it is very variable!

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

my tubox is not working for now, cable issues, was second handed, the DHGate MP will fit Stempod Si too right? thanks

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Got these custom dimpled stems from Oregonglassblower.com to use j-hook style with my Tinymight. Really impressed so far.
View attachment 1796

Nicely done my friend!

Looks like you got him to make a real proper classic jayhook style, both just the plain tube without a mouthpiece? I've found that my triple right angled j hook does a better job of cooling than my shorter five spiked bent cooler, but I bet both of yours do a great job of cooling!! Still only $45 a pop? Or did the complexity of these set you back further? I think he can also make the spikes alternate horizontally as well as vertically, which could offer even more cooling...

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nicely done my friend!

Looks like you got him to make a real proper classic jayhook style, both just the plain tube without a mouthpiece? I've found that my triple right angled j hook does a better job of cooling than my shorter five spiked bent cooler, but I bet both of yours do a great job of cooling!! Still only $45 a pop? Or did the complexity of these set you back further? I think he can also make the spikes alternate horizontally as well as vertically, which could offer even more cooling...
They were more expensive than the stock ones he sells but still reasonably priced.

These two OGB stems are ideal for my use. We designed them 7" long so I could use them comfortably like a pipe without having to hold the Tinymight up around my forehead. Another upgrade is the slightly larger 15mm ID tubing which keeps the draw resistance to a minimum. I'm happy with the dimples just up and down because it might help with cleaning.

I've used them with the Tinymight and Splinter ZV2 so far and the cooling is crazy good. I'm used to the long XL8R stems from RBT and I have one or two old custom ones so even there I notice the benefits of the thicker annealed glass.

Arbornaut

Just posted in the TetraP80 thread about how I wish I had one of the long bendy spiked stems. Lamart site used to carry them, but have been sold out and no longer available since April or so. I figured I'd jump on this thread and inquire about it with you all.

Any alternative sources for something similar? The main things are that it has a bend, and has spikes, and is large. I have the short bendy spiked stem, but don't use it often because it gets a bit too warm during a normal session. I really love using the RBT XL Kooling stem, so adding a bend to something like that would make it even better I think.

To be even more specific - if anyone knows a source in Canada that would best. Shipping seems to be a bit challenging these days, especially ordering things from the U.S.

Cheers!

Shit Snacks

Just posted in the TetraP80 thread about how I wish I had one of the long bendy spiked stems. Lamart site used to carry them, but have been sold out and no longer available since April or so. I figured I'd jump on this thread and inquire about it with you all.

Any alternative sources for something similar? The main things are that it has a bend, and has spikes, and is large. I have the short bendy spiked stem, but don't use it often because it gets a bit too warm during a normal session. I really love using the RBT XL Kooling stem, so adding a bend to something like that would make it even better I think.

To be even more specific - if anyone knows a source in Canada that would best. Shipping seems to be a bit challenging these days, especially ordering things from the U.S.

Cheers!

I don't know how his shipping is to Canada, but Oregon glass blower per above, can make you a bent spiked cooler in 18 mm female or I'm sure he can do it 18/22 male for the tetra... He does great work!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Arbornaut

Arbornaut

I don't know how his shipping is to Canada, but Oregon glass blower per above, can make you a bent spiked cooler in 18 mm female or I'm sure he can do it 18/22 male for the tetra... He does great work!

Thanks! I'll contact OGB and inquire about shipping to Canada then. Ive checked out the website and the stuff looks dope. I'm surprised there are no spiked stems already stocked. Would you be able to ball park based on your experience how much a custom piece like that would cost?

Shit Snacks

Thanks! I'll contact OGB and inquire about shipping to Canada then. Ive checked out the website and the stuff looks dope. I'm surprised there are no spiked stems already stocked. Would you be able to ball park based on your experience how much a custom piece like that would cost?

Yeah I worked with him to create the spiked options, and was suggesting one that he could list in the store regularly, but who knows how long that will take? Bossman just did a custom order after mine, maybe they will remain customs? Anyway it should be around $45 for a custom, but it will depend how complex you want it (he works well off of hand-drawn diagrams!)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Arbornaut
Top Bottom