• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cool Music to Vape to - Part 2

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've noticed a lot of the people who used to contribute to the Music thread no longer do so. I've also been painfully aware of how long it takes to load. So I am opening up a new thread for music lovers to post in. The difference is that instead of posting the video, you will post a link to the vid like this....

The Afghan Whigs - Matamoros

This way, YouTube wont embed the video; which it does when we post the video itself. Hopefully, this will keep the load time down and this thread more enjoyable and easier to access.

While not as visually stimulating as coming on and seeing the vids, I'm hoping that this will enable the poster to post as many vids as they would like in a post; perhaps even creating a mini play list for the day if desired, rather than posting multiple vids on a page. The old thread will be locked but still in the Lounge for those who would like to go back and listen to some of the great music posted there.

So let's get this started..... :D

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

System of a Down - Chop Suey

Last edited:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
That's too bad @momofthegoons :( I enjoyed the format of the other posts without too much slow load time even with my pissy 4.5 mbps service.

Not a fan of hitting links (personally), without the visual the embedded player offered.

Oh wellz.... I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'll pass now I guess :rip:

EveryDayAmnesiac

perhaps even creating a mini play list for the day if desired

Challenge accepted, Mommie Dearest. Making soundtracks was my bread and butter. Like, for realz.

I'll get started tomorrow. :D

I may even get self-indulgent enough to post a little ultra-personal history. :rockon:

But for now... here's a catchy little diddy from a guy I was lucky enough to hang out with a few times through an old friend of mine. If you like quirky, modern, and deceptively clever music that reminds you of a mix of the Beach Boys and ELO and Alan Parsons and Pavement... then check out Grandaddy's career.

Grandaddy - Stray Dog And The Chocolate Shake

I hate how you have to watch YouTube ads when you link vids! :\

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That's too bad @momofthegoons :( I enjoyed the format of the other posts without too much slow load time even with my pissy 4.5 mbps service.

Not a fan of hitting links (personally), without the visual the embedded player offered.

Oh wellz.... I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'll pass now I guess :rip:
Well damn.... that wasn't my intention with this at all.

I'd like to hear from more members and if this is not a popular decision, I'll be happy to close this thread and reopen the other.

I already know how @Blueberryyumyum feels.... :cool: but some of you others please feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

It's not a bad idea, but I think it may ultimately just be a "pick your poison" problem.

Music threads are hard to begin with. Gotta catch people at the right time in the right mood and with time to spare. Seems like a crapshoot. Hard not to take it personally though! :lol:

I know there's probably tons of good music I've passed through just because I wasn't "in the mood." Sad, really.

I feel like a Music thread, with a one-video maximum, with embedded videos, would be the best prospect. But... I also have little, if any, idea what I'm talking about. I am a stupid asshole, remember.

So... shit. I don't know.

Maybe threads for different genres? Threads with different themes? Threads with just different... vibes?

Or maybe, FC just doesn't really want a regular Music Thread or threads? :shrug:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel

For me the issue wasn't internet load time (even on my 2-3 mbps connection) but rather the crappy amount of RAM in my computer. Having that thread open along with my usual dozen other tabs makes my whole computer slow down…

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Good morning FC! Not too many people have weighed in on this.... @Seren @grokit @Vicki @Deja Vu @t-dub @Ansel @Gray Area @farscaper @thisperson @Higher than a Pterodactyl @FlyingLow .... just to name a few.... What are your feelings?

One thing I didn't realize is that you have to watch the commercials at the beginning which sucks. However, the page does load faster....

I thought I'd start the day off with a little music from one of my favorite old bands... this seemed sort of fitting for the day. Off their album "Fearless."

Family - Between Blue and Me

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Good morning FC! Not too many people have weighed in on this.... @Seren @grokit @Vicki @Deja Vu @t-dub @Ansel @Gray Area @farscaper @thisperson @Higher than a Pterodactyl @FlyingLow .... just to name a few.... What are your feelings?

One thing I didn't realize is that you have to watch the commercials at the beginning which sucks. However, the page does load faster....

I thought I'd start the day off with a little music from one of my favorite old bands... this seemed sort of fitting for the day. Off their album "Fearless."

Family - Between Blue and Me

I completely missed this thread! I just got a new computer, and I'm still learning how to use it. (Microsoft Surface Pro 3, my first type of laptop like this)

I'm not even sure I know how to post just the link because I copy and paste the link from Youtube, it posts the video in the thread.

I've already been to the Microsoft store yesterday, and going back again today. I'll ask them, lol

Vicki,
I'm concurring with Smokum here,who makes two good points IMAO.
I also have no problem with slow loading and out of principle never click on a 'mystery'-link.
Can't we have the good of both worlds,as in reopening the old one and keeping this for a fasterloading alternative?
My two cents. :)

Seren

Away with the fairies
:\ ... on a personal level, I LOVE the idea of a new thread. The videos on the original thread haven't been showing on my PC for months now :cry:

:hmm: ... However, from a Forum viewpoint I can't help but agree with @smokum & @Havelock Vetenari. The format of the old thread is far more appealing to the eye & more of a pleasure to navigate (if your PC can handle it).

I really liked your suggestion though @momofthegoons of using this thread to post playlists. If the old thread were kept purely for single video posts, & this one for multi-track links - that may work!? :shrug: :2c: :)

Edit (after reading @paytonpenn's post): if using a spoiler on every post means the cool music thread (vol. 2) will load easily, then that could be a pretty good compromise I reckon :tup:

Anyway, here are a few tracks from a british rock duo - Royal Blood. The sound these guys produce is superb for a two-piece.....

Royal Blood - Out Of The Black

Royal Blood - Figure It Out

Royal Blood - Careless

:rockon:

Last edited:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I really liked your suggestion though @momofthegoons of using this thread to post playlists. If the old thread were kept purely for single video posts, & this one for multi-track links - that may work!?
shrug.gif
2c.gif
smile.gif
I like this idea. This thread could be renamed something like "Post a Playlist", and that way those in each camp would be satisfied and each thread would serve a unique purpose beyond the "link vs embed" differentiation. That would keep this from becoming "Cool music for people with busted ass computers and internet connections!" :dog:

I understand it may be kind of a hassle but couldn't people just put videos in a spoiler link if they wanted to show more than one while not creating a lengthy post.

This is actually a good idea too, if those who really miss the embedded videos don't mind it and if it really doesn't load into ram at all until the spoiler is clicked...

I'm gonna go test this out in the sandbox thread.

Hmm, it seems to me like the embedded players get loaded into memory as soon as the page is loaded, before the spoiler is ever revealed. I'm basing this on staring at the memory usage monitor on my computer while loading the sandbox page, noting how it loads relatively slowly, closing it, reopening, revealing the spoilers, and noting how quickly the players appear when I reveal them…

If anyone else thinks they can figure it out more empirically you can find my test posts here. I tried to match the number of videos I found on one of the pages in the old music thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
it seems to me like the embedded players get loaded into memory as soon as the page is loaded,

That's a shame because it seemed like a nice solution.

I went back to the beginnings of the old music thread and noticed that it was set up as a link thread, rather than an embedded thread. It was quite popular even then (actually more people frequented it then than they have in the last year). Since I've received mixed feelings from everyone, I think that we need to give this a try. :)

This vid has a short, strange interview in the beginning, but is a good, live, early performance...

The Rolling Stones - Little Red Rooster

Continuing on...

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Crossfire

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me the Breeze

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
@momofthegoons

I like the idea. I always loved the music threads but I browse from a mobile device pretty much all the time. For some reason my iPhone and and both my IPad's crash when they try and load too many embedded videos. Drives me nuts :rant:

More trimming last nite so we went through a lot of music. The Bay Area hip hop legend Mac Dre was in heavy rotation. This has always been one my favorite tracks but he has so much quality music.

Mac Dre- Me Damac :rip: Andre Hicks :rip:

Top Bottom