cool movies to watch vaped

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Frank Zappa's 200 Motels has just been released on DVD and if you haven't seen it, it is a MUST.
As Howard Kaylan advises, grab a copy now while you can, before the Zappa Family Trust decides to block its distribution as they are prone to doing.

3006ss7.jpg

jeffp,

lwien

jimbo said:
I just watched Martyrs the other day, one creepy movie...
Yeah. Just saw that last night. Very disturbing movie. Tough to watch.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Just watched "Day of the Beast", they have it on youtube in ten parts. A black comedy from spain about a Priest who discovers the day in which the antichrist will be born, He must do as much evil as possible so he can make a pack with satan so that he can stop the birth. Highly entertaining and amusing

DevoTheStrange,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Funniest and favorite- the wackness
Most thought provoking- waking life
Scariest- Shutter, after I watched this movie I couldn't sleep for 3 days.

wowthisisrandom,

edamame

vaporist
Taking a day off :D time to stay home and watch some movies.

Trying to decide between the following:

Bronson
[REC]2
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
Shutter (original ver., based upon prev post)

edamame,

edamame

vaporist
Ended up watching [REC] 2, WOW. The movie night with both movies back to back will be scheduled shortly.

Haven't seen Chopper yet, but I've heard good things about it. I'll definitely have to get to Shutter soon too.

edamame,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
-The Lord of the Rings trilogy
-The Dark Knight
-American Psycho
-A Clockwork Orange
-Rear Window

AgentofChaos,
jimbo said:
Watched 'Naked Lunch', excellent David Cronenberg film, bizarre!
I own that movie, and it is astonishing at how dissimilar it is from the book, yet how much of it that it gets right when it comes to conveying the mood, and the feeling of the book. I think ol' Will B. had his hand in helping along with the script, though I might be wrong. Great movie to watch vaped. Ultra weird.

SkeletonLips,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Four directors whose movies you must see. Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Welles and Wood.

chucku,

sour

I watched Splinterheads last night while vaked, it reminded me of Adventureland a bit. Romantic dramedy that takes place at a carnival. It was pretty good despite sounding like pansy material.

sour,

hopandstop

chucku said:
Recently became a fan of Kurosawa... was never exposed to his films before. Netflix is the savior yet again.

I know this is for movies, but a great show I've recently become addicted to is the Michael Palin documentary series. From Pole To Pole, Around the World in 80 Days. Just great stuff.

Also gave Survivorman a try. Not too bad at all. Really like how they stress how difficult it is to not only survive, but film yourself (from multiple angles, mind you) as well.

And chucku, I have to add, that's a very cute dog. I'm a huge dog lover, having 3 rescues and fostering as well.

hopandstop,

sour

hopandstop said:
chucku said:
Recently became a fan of Kurosawa... was never exposed to his films before. Netflix is the savior yet again.

I know this is for movies, but a great show I've recently become addicted to is the Michael Palin documentary series. From Pole To Pole, Around the World in 80 Days. Just great stuff.

Also gave Survivorman a try. Not too bad at all. Really like how they stress how difficult it is to not only survive, but film yourself (from multiple angles, mind you) as well.

And chucku, I have to add, that's a very cute dog. I'm a huge dog lover, having 3 rescues and fostering as well.
Survivorman is great, as is Les Stroud!

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yea Lwien I really enjoyed shutter. Scary as balls tho.. Saw it vaked with some friends. When I saw natres decaying body I wanted to puke and crap my pants at the same time

And yea sour, away we go was awesome vaked.. U should try watchin brief interviews with hideous men it has john krasinski from away we go, is pretty funny, and thought provoking aswell. Survivorman is kool too, learnin how to make a fire with a video lens is sweet

Movies and TV vaked is always awesome :)

wowthisisrandom,

chucku

Charles Urbane
hopandstop said:
chucku said:

The dog would be Pepe. He is a stray my gf and I took in on Boxing Day, 2003. Her mom let him on the front porch while we were at the theatre catching Bad Santa. We have not been able to get rid of him since. (he is actually one of the greatest dogs I have ever met)

chucku,

NathanBlades

Fear and Loathing in los Vagas awsome movie! Kinda like cheech and chong with Jonny Depp as the main role. Very cool movie :lol:

NathanBlades,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"The Sinful Dwarf" (1973)

A great example of 70's Dwarfploitation cinema.

tsd_olaf.jpg

jeffp,

chucku

Charles Urbane
NathanBlades said:
Fear and Loathing in los Vagas awsome movie! Kinda like cheech and chong with Jonny Depp as the main role. Very cool movie :lol:
Actually 'Where the Buffalo Roam' is the same story as Fear and Loathing with Bill Murray playing the Hunter S. Thompson role. See it. Great movie but also different than Fear and Loathing.

chucku,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
The Fall - It is a really crazy movie, tons of eye candy, especially if you have a Blu-ray setup. Pretty good story too, can't reccommend this film enough.

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Awesome dark comedy about the cold war with so many brilliantly acted parts. Make sure you're SUPER ripped for this one, total classic.

Big Trouble in Little China - Dude. Kurt Russell vs. Ancient Chinese Black Magic. Do I have to say more?

Moon - Very suspensful, you get the twist right at the beginning...or so you think! It's about a man stranded on the moon with no contact with other humans, the story is far bettert han I have explained it.

Amadeus
- It's about Mozart, man. Tons of music, crazy people, some nudity. People going insane. You can't really lose with this either.

I've gone too far!

Infinite Cosmos,
Just watched an awesome movie to be vaped to. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon is both hilarious, and unsettling. It's about a guy who is like Jason, or Mike Myers, or Freddie, one of those kinds of killers. A camera crew follows him around and he is being constantly interviewed by this woman who is in charge of the project. It shows him getting ready for his "big night" of mayhem and murder. Absolutely hilarious acting from the main character. And the end is well thought out as well. I recommend. If you have netflix, you can stream it.

SkeletonLips,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Infinite Cosmos said:
The Fall - It is a really crazy movie, tons of eye candy, especially if you have a Blu-ray setup. Pretty good story too, can't reccommend this film enough.

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Awesome dark comedy about the cold war with so many brilliantly acted parts. Make sure you're SUPER ripped for this one, total classic.

Big Trouble in Little China - Dude. Kurt Russell vs. Ancient Chinese Black Magic. Do I have to say more?

Moon - Very suspensful, you get the twist right at the beginning...or so you think! It's about a man stranded on the moon with no contact with other humans, the story is far bettert han I have explained it.

Amadeus
- It's about Mozart, man. Tons of music, crazy people, some nudity. People going insane. You can't really lose with this either.

I've gone too far!
Good movies!
Loved Moon, got the chance to see it at the movies.

Netflix pulled a fast one on me.. I get updates that my acct is going to re-activate, and I put it back on hold for another few months- have not really had the time to watch movies & stuff. Well, this time they didn't send the message- just billed & sent!
So- Monday I'll have Tale of Two Sisters. Looks pretty good.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1143939-1143939-tale_of_two_sisters/

Streaming David Attenborough's The Life of Birds.. going to get my $$ worth of watch it now stuff..

indigal,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
I wish I had got to see Moon in the theaters. It caught my interest immediatley during the previews before District 9, it seemed very 2001-esque. What an awesome movie to be baked and just take in.

Very nice, I've wanted to see that movie too. I'm a movie junkie.

Anything with David Attenborough is gold. Pure gold. Have you had the chance to ever see the Galapagos documentary from BBC 2? It's beyond excellent.

Infinite Cosmos,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I agree- Planet Earth & The Life of Mammals were both fantastic series too.. there are few people that do nature narration so well. I'm sure I've seen the Galapagos ep at some point.

Edit-
I can report Tale of Two Sisters is pretty decent. Great color/texture/drama. If you like the Korean horror suspense psycho-thriller genre, it's worth a view.. vaked of course.

indigal,
Top Bottom