Considering a Flowerpot B2

Veritas629

Thanks for the opinions on the B2 with dabs. You might have saved me from an expensive, but poor choice. Do any of the "ballers" fit my desire for an all-in-one system that is equally good for flower and dabs? Admittedly, I'd like to have a less cluttered coffee table with my own end-game vape that does it all. But sometimes you just need more than one tool...

Veritas629,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Vaporware

…the lack of design elegance in the shovelhead is irritating AF; I hate cleaning it. (And fuck a $6 screen while I'm ranting; the rad-cheaper herbo TI ones from @VGOODIEZ fit and function just as well.)

I’m not saying it couldn’t be improved, but what exactly makes it so irritating to clean for you?

I’m not saying you’re wrong about your complaints, but while some details bothered me my impressions from buying their gear in the ShowerHead and VRod eras was much more favorable.

I’m not sure about the screens they’re selling now, but the old double weave titanium screens I got from them have worked for me since…late 2017 I think? I’ve never had to replace one, and they’re much more firmly seated in the bowl than other flimsy screens would be.

I’m not saying they’re perfect, but if they still sell something similar to what I have I’d happily pay $6 for one and avoid buying and replacing a bunch of other flimsy ones. :2c:

Thanks for the opinions on the B2 with dabs. You might have saved me from an expensive, but poor choice. Do any of the "ballers" fit my desire for an all-in-one system that is equally good for flower and dabs? Admittedly, I'd like to have a less cluttered coffee table with my own end-game vape that does it all. But sometimes you just need more than one tool...

If you like heating your concentrates with convection in a bowl then any of the “ballers” should get the job done.

If you want the more common conduction method of heating dabs, I don’t think any of the “ballers” (or anything else I can think of) will give you the best possible dabs and still work for flower.

If you weren’t looking for the best of both worlds I’d say something like the VRod (I’m assuming the B2 is similar for concentrates) will get you great performance with flower and good performance with concentrates, but if you want the best in each category I think you have to look at 2 setups.

Veritas629

I've never held a baller vape in my hand, so maybe I'm misunderstanding how they work. From the diagram it looks like the dab dish sits inside and just above the same titanium head as the heating coil. I'm assuming the whole titanium piece gets hot and transmits that heat conductively to the dish. The dish gets hot and conductively transmits heat to the dab which then vaporizes and flows through the rest of the device. To my inexperienced mind that sounds like conductive heating. Am I missing something or am I right, but it simply is not the most delicious way to consume concentrates? I guess I'm asking, why is it less than ideal?

OP: If I'm derailing your thread too far, just say and I'll start a fresh thread!

ChartB2_8942e342-0367-4e12-8a90-20362d69ee34_1024x1024@2x.jpg

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I’m not saying it couldn’t be improved, but what exactly makes it so irritating to clean for you?
The decidedly non-aerodynamic interior to start with; the thick top edge of the adaptor tube gunks up because it's bluff. The way it sticks up proud of the (flat?! gmafb) bowl bottom also acts as a resin trap while simultaneously restricting flow around the edge. The shape of the screen ledge makes it difficult to keep clean.
I'd be more tolerant if it was $25,.but at $60 it should be better.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
The way it sticks up proud of the (flat?! gmafb) bowl bottom also acts as a resin trap while simultaneously restricting flow around the edge.
I know what your mean, its not ideal.

I tend to drop the adapter post down half a centimetre so that it is not flush with the screen which 'helps' the situation somewhat.

DadaBoo,

felvapes

Good to hear user experience always
More than one voice/experience on a topic is always useful

If you want to dab and make the most of it - get a dedicated dab rig

Ballers rock for flower and you can do trates as a secondary function

Dabs are better going through the heat process once - not twice at different temps

GoldenBud

I've never held a baller vape in my hand, so maybe I'm misunderstanding how they work. From the diagram it looks like the dab dish sits inside and just above the same titanium head as the heating coil. I'm assuming the whole titanium piece gets hot and transmits that heat conductively to the dish. The dish gets hot and conductively transmits heat to the dab which then vaporizes and flows through the rest of the device. To my inexperienced mind that sounds like conductive heating. Am I missing something or am I right, but it simply is not the most delicious way to consume concentrates? I guess I'm asking, why is it less than ideal?
the dab are being heated by conduction
the flower is being heated by convection (cold air comes in and is getting hotter because of the heater, which contain beads because it's a cheap way to raise the heater's weight/surface area)

Vaporware

@Veritas629 Yes the B2 uses conduction to vaporize dabs, but the vapor path for concentrates goes down through the heater, the bowl, then into the glass or whatever you have the bowl in.

Most dedicated dabbing setups heat with conduction and the vapor exits directly into your glass piece without going through a heater.

Personally I don’t find the VRod (the B2’s predecessor) to be bad for dabbing, but I don’t have experience with a standard dab rig to compare it to. I’m willing to believe people who have directly compared them and thought that the vapor’s trip through the heater degraded it to some degree though.

If that’s true, the B2 probably has a greater negative effect due to its more complicated vapor path through many more heated surfaces.

That doesn’t necessarily make it bad, and you may be completely happy with the B2 like I was with the VRod, but if you are looking for the very best way to dab I think a dedicated setup for that should be better. Fortunately, they can be cheap depending on what you want. :)

Trackrat

I own a B2, but not the dish or cap. I also own a few e-rigs. I like to use the proper tool for the task at hand. But I also have thrown a crumb of concentrate on top of the flower and for me, it's really a trip.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I heard these ball vapes can really raise your tolerance if your not careful. Thats the only thing I would be cautious about. Otherwise, I would love to get one sometime.
Truth. Used to have just vapcaps and used *maybe* .35g/d.
Then flower prices went crazy (in a good way) and I got a B1 (and a B2, because why wonder when you can know).
I don't even bother with the dynas now; they don't even make a dent.
But I also have thrown a crumb of concentrate on top of the flower and for me, it's really a trip.
Yes. I like this way better than B2 dabs, personally.

feralcomprehension,

ldta

Update: I received my B2 heavy bundle from VGoodiEZ about a week ago and have been dialing it in and getting used to it.

High level: I’m super happy with it. I was looking for the bong experience and it certainly delivers that. Turn on the pid, pack a bowl, place the heater head on the shovelhead bowl and start drawing, add the carb cap as desired, easy.

I’m not aware of any flavor deficiency, especially when compared to smoke from a bong. Maybe I will develop a taste for that later, but for now I love that my B2 is very sturdy, easy to use, and cool looking. I didn’t have to buy glass so it’s a nice addition to my ganja ecosystem.

Vgoodiez put everything together so I had a plug & play experience. I did make a small cedar block holder for the shovelhead bowl & carb cap to make it easier to put things down while using the B2.

I love rituals, so for me the B2 experience is fun and rewarding. I’ve mostly used flower only, but adding concentrate on top of the flower works great too. I have no intention to ever use the dab dish.

Adding some random pics below:

cvs8floz

Or there is this I've been looking at
It's the AliExpress shop that supplies qshop with stuff - has the pids, handles, coils, ruby packs etc and a Ti head at a much more affordable price
AU $92.44 21%OFF | Grade 2 Titanium Tiodw V3 Housing Fit 20mm Heating Coil for Tobacco and Dry Herb
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL4bHHA

I went ahead and ordered this Ti head plus 2 glass bowls, order arrived last Friday 3 weeks ahead of schedule. It does fit the newest CH coil but not older coils from 1-2 years ago. After heat soaking it for over an hour, I vaped exactly one bowl, the metallic taste was awful, never tasted anything like that, couldn't even taste the weed. It is also lighter than expected compared to all the CH heads I own (Showerhead, Weedeater, B1). No idea what the material is but I don't trust it and it tastes awful and I am never going to use it again. The 2 glass bowls look nice but they are too deep like all the injector bowls, the material sits too far from the heat. I think I am done buying injector heads, I tried the Pinky (also awful taste), the Qaroma (not enough heat) and the B0, which is the best of the bunch but still inferior to the B1.

637vape

Update: I received my B2 heavy bundle from VGoodiEZ about a week ago and have been dialing it in and getting used to it.

High level: I’m super happy with it. I was looking for the bong experience and it certainly delivers that. Turn on the pid, pack a bowl, place the heater head on the shovelhead bowl and start drawing, add the carb cap as desired, easy.

I’m not aware of any flavor deficiency, especially when compared to smoke from a bong. Maybe I will develop a taste for that later, but for now I love that my B2 is very sturdy, easy to use, and cool looking. I didn’t have to buy glass so it’s a nice addition to my ganja ecosystem.

Vgoodiez put everything together so I had a plug & play experience. I did make a small cedar block holder for the shovelhead bowl & carb cap to make it easier to put things down while using the B2.

I love rituals, so for me the B2 experience is fun and rewarding. I’ve mostly used flower only, but adding concentrate on top of the flower works great too. I have no intention to ever use the dab dish.

Adding some random pics below:
what temps are you using? I’m considering picking up one soon now that I have some extra pids I’m not using.

felvapes

I went ahead and ordered this Ti head plus 2 glass bowls, order arrived last Friday 3 weeks ahead of schedule. It does fit the newest CH coil but not older coils from 1-2 years ago. After heat soaking it for over an hour, I vaped exactly one bowl, the metallic taste was awful, never tasted anything like that, couldn't even taste the weed. It is also lighter than expected compared to all the CH heads I own (Showerhead, Weedeater, B1). No idea what the material is but I don't trust it and it tastes awful and I am never going to use it again. The 2 glass bowls look nice but they are too deep like all the injector bowls, the material sits too far from the heat. I think I am done buying injector heads, I tried the Pinky (also awful taste), the Qaroma (not enough heat) and the B0, which is the best of the bunch but still inferior to the B1.
My mate has one and has none of these issues
It works great and tastes fine
You say the pinky is shit and tastes bad
Everyone else says the opposite
It fits a 5 wrap coil that all the other heads seem to take and no bigger would fit in them

The bowls I put a screen closer to the heater with any baller
I have a few ballers and a number of DIY version I have designed
Never had any of the issues you mentioned

I call user error or just anti baller that isn't CH (which are good units too)

felvapes,
Reactions: Karnath

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wanted a B0 but the shipping cost to Oz was about the same as the head from Ali, works a treat and I did not bother with the dab dish as it Twaxes pretty good for concentrate use, US$60 delivered,
Got my 100x4mm (it holds about 170x3mm) ruby balls coming from here (the video was done with a mix of sizes of ruby and SiC as the natural agate that was on the same site cheap tasted nasty!)
And a cheap coil to suit my Auber,
So about US$135 all up if you have a PID...great value IMO.
This bowl works great,
Got these coming for more bowl trials,

Last edited:

ldta

cvs8floz

My mate has one and has none of these issues
I only comment on vapes I actually own. I was grateful for the link to Aliexpress you posted, I come here mostly to discover new things or techniques and see it as the strength of this forum. I paid $85.94 for the head and 2 bowls which I will probably never use again, I am not at all bitter about spending the money, but I also feel that my honest opinion shouldn't be dismissed as "user error" and hope others will find value in my comments.

felvapes

I only comment on vapes I actually own. I was grateful for the link to Aliexpress you posted, I come here mostly to discover new things or techniques and see it as the strength of this forum. I paid $85.94 for the head and 2 bowls which I will probably never use again, I am not at all bitter about spending the money, but I also feel that my honest opinion shouldn't be dismissed as "user error" and hope others will find value in my comments.
Fair enough
There's a post above everyone seems to like to ignore that has a user of the same vape and they seem to enjoy it
Apologies for saying it's user error then

felvapes,
Reactions: Karnath

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the metallic taste was awful, never tasted anything like that,
I doubt you tasted the Ti but some people can, maybe the coil or manufacturing oils were more to blame? What balls did you use? The agate balls from the same site did affect the taste...a lot. Before the first use I ultrasonic cleaned the agate and Ali Ti head in water, then iso, then water again before using and it tasted naff. I swapped out the agate for ruby and SiC. I could taste about the same amount of metal as my Dnail SiC Nimbus with the Ti WPA...none, a very neutral taste from the vape setup, pure clean pot taste only at a bargain price without the safety concerns of a pinky etc spilling balls.
I only have a Ceroma to compare with ball vapes but the Ali Ti with the same balls from the Ceroma I have tastes cleaner to me.:2c:

Texus

I doubt you tasted the Ti but some people can, maybe the coil or manufacturing oils were more to blame? What balls did you use? The agate balls from the same site did affect the taste...a lot. Before the first use I ultrasonic cleaned the agate and Ali Ti head in water, then iso, then water again before using and it tasted naff. I swapped out the agate for ruby and SiC. I could taste about the same amount of metal as my Dnail SiC Nimbus with the Ti WPA...none, a very neutral taste from the vape setup, pure clean pot taste only at a bargain price without the safety concerns of a pinky etc spilling balls.
I only have a Ceroma to compare with ball vapes but the Ali Ti with the same balls from the Ceroma I have tastes cleaner to me.:2c:
We are talking an Ali Express product here, where the manufacturers may not be working with the quality if Ti needed or may use processes that leave stubborn residues that shouldn't remain (and likely aren't too healthy to heat and inhale).

but I also feel that my honest opinion shouldn't be dismissed as "user error" and hope others will find value in my comments.
Might I suggest the Ignore User functionality if the forum? It had made this thread much more palatable for me.

Life is too short for people who think they know better than you but don't have any direct experience with the device in question. Especially ones that then double down and accuse your reports of your direct experience of being due to bias.

Top Bottom