• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Conduction Vapes Get Me Higher, You?

What Type of Vape Consistently Gets You Highest?

• Conduction

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Convection

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Hybrid - conduction leaning

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Hybrid - convection leaning

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • A Different Type of Heating (please specify in comments)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don’t Notice A Difference

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Dunno, Don’t Care, As Long As I’m High

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Neither get me higher, they are just different.

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yup, I said it. After almost 10 years of vaping with several vapes in my quiver, I find I consistently get higher with my conduction (and conduction-heavy hybrid) vapes.
That isn’t to say I CAN’T get wrecked with convection, just not nearly as often or consistently.

I still absolutely mix it up because I don’t want to get that high most of the time. Plus it is really important for me to rotate vapes, because it helps keep my tolerance in check. When I use the same vape (of any heating type) over and over, I tend to have to step up the amount of weed to get same high which I actively try to control.

What is your experience?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Jill you are spot on, mixing between device types is exactly what I do, and I do notice the different effects. That’s why I think it’s important for newbies to vaping, learn and try, conduction, convection, and hybrid. Though the lines between them can get blurry, if someone wants to actually learn before spending lots of money, they could take their time and actually read some of the detailed threads here.... that’s what I did, and most of my devices are top shelf. Sure, I have some that I’ve given away or put away, but I’ve learned WHY.....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that's why there's a place for everything and why we all have some many in our collections? It really depends, the FW7 smacks me hard, on demand conduction with some hybrid convection... But the TM with its pure convection on demand also wrecks me reliably lol Vapman pure conduction off the station is fun, like sessions in the IQ2, but they don't really get me where I want to be exactly?? Meanwhile Collyland convection is killer, as is my pure convection Cloud Connoisseur Halo (and I am expecting another level from my soon to come Atlas) so I think it is really also a thing of power, if someone makes a desktop hybrid (maybe it exists lol) with a large bowl and a lot of power and every type of heat, pure materials of course, well that's probably the best maybe if you want the ultimate effects out of your herbs?? Subjectively!! ;)

BuzzDanklin

Yeah that's why there's a place for everything and why we all have some many in our collections? It really depends, the FW7 smacks me hard, on demand conduction with some hybrid convection... But the TM with its pure convection on demand also wrecks me reliably lol Vapman pure conduction off the station is fun, like sessions in the IQ2, but they don't really get me where I want to be exactly?? Meanwhile Collyland convection is killer, as is my pure convection Cloud Connoisseur Halo (and I am expecting another level from my soon to come Atlas) so I think it is really also a thing of power, if someone makes a desktop hybrid (maybe it exists lol) with a large bowl and a lot of power and every type of heat, pure materials of course, well that's probably the best maybe if you want the ultimate effects out of your herbs?? Subjectively!! ;)
I think flowermate was working on a conduction desktop at one point but I don't think anything ever came of it. I always thought that would be an odd but interesting idea.

As far as what vape gets me the most medicated that would have to be the Flowerpot so my vote goes for convection.

Robert-in-YEG

Yup, I said it. After almost 10 years of vaping with several vapes in my quiver, I find I consistently get higher with my conduction (and conduction-heavy hybrid) vapes.
That isn’t to say I CAN’T get wrecked with convection, just not nearly as often or consistently.

I still absolutely mix it up because I don’t want to get that high most of the time. Plus it is really important for me to rotate vapes, because it helps keep my tolerance in check. When I use the same vape (of any heating type) over and over, I tend to have to step up the amount of weed to get same high which I actively try to control.

What is your experience?
Conduction......

Robert-in-YEG

CANtalk

Interesting topic. For me, the strongest vape I have is the most powerful one. Plus, I find top level vapes in a particular style (e.g., desktop, or portable, convection, or conduction, evape, or butane) reasonably comparable for power and for getting me the most high. Choosing which is best between them then comes down to personal preferences in more minor vapor signatures (flavors, etc), how one likes to use a vape and its ecosystem, etc.

For example, I group a premium evapes together, like the Supreme V3+, Herborizer, Flowerpot and VapeXhale EVO. They're highly rated with happy owners, plus reasonably similar in general concept (convection), power and quality vapor production. Cheaper vapes go down from there for me in power, and portable evapes too (ymmv). OTOH, there's the Sublimator, another premium evape option but fairly different in the way it vaporizes and very very expensive. And many say its high is different (as reported here).

I don't mix vapes either fwiw. No need here and I don't want to spend money on more things that do the same thing... get me high. Instead, I like to get haf by not vaping very often and sticking with weekend vaping (two to three days a week in a row or less). That's a minimum four day-in-a-row break, every week to reset tolerance. I microdose too, so my tolerance is even lower and these things together keep cannabis very potent :science:. By doing small amounts of cannabis in combination with regular breaks to keep my tolerance low, I'm even able tell the difference in high from strain to strain and batch to batch. It's interesting. Fwiw, used to be a daily vaper and high doser too here. For a change in high and vaping, I like to have different strains (I currently have 15+ varieties). For more variety, I often change the order I vape strains in. I also like to vape concentrates once in a while too for even more variety. For even more variety one can also change the vaping routine up (e.g., temp settings and steps, one hitters settings). There's so much variety in vaping cannabis and from person to person, it's like snowflakes ❄️❄️. Imo, a premium quality vape helps.

I have much respect for conduction vapes. I'd rather do conduction in a portable vape than convection... love what it brings and the portability! For at home, I go desktop with convection (and lots of power). Cheers.

HAF on my vaped first bowl after the weekly break here, so sorry for any spelling/grammar issues. Been trying to clean the message up :).

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

pretty-chill

To me, conduction feels more similar to combustion. I think I get more interesting and complex effects from pure convection vapes but I get more "familiar" effects from conduction vapes. For me, a dynavap run at a fairly high temperature feels quite a lot like smoking a joint for example. When I'm hanging out with friends, I prefer to use my dynavap for this reason, especially because the effects feel a little bit more "full-bodied" and social overall. That being said, when I'm hanging out alone at home, I prefer convection vapes and find that the effects can be a lot headier and almost psychedelic. I have a personal theory that convection vapes allow you to inhale a portion of acidic cannabinoids that have not been exposed to heat long enough to have decarboxylated. On the flipside, conduction vapes expose cannabinoids to higher levels of heat for a prolonged period of time before inhalation begins, therefore most if not all of the cannabinoids inhaled with conduction vapes have probably been decarboxylated. It is a common misconception that acidic cannabinoids are not psychoactive, and while I think that in isolation they are not very psychoactive at all, they certainly have the potential to alter the effects of decarboxylated cannabinoids, thereby altering the overall psychoactive effects. I have a feeling that part of the "entourage" effect actually depends quite heavily on the presence of acidic cannabinoids and that this is why convection vapes feel more complex to me yet also more balanced which I also perceive as a little bit less impactful/stony.

I tried testing this theory by making edibles that were 75% THC and 25% THCa. The overall effects felt quite similar to the effects I get from convection vapes. Certainly headier and more clear-headed than fully decarbed edibles. I also recently got to test this theory again somewhat unknowingly when I picked up a rosin cartridge. It felt much more similar to convection vaping flower than normal distillate cartridges and upon checking out the CoA, I discovered that 40% of the cartridge was composed of THCa. I was running it at 2.4 volts and I think at this low voltage, I was inhaling a good amount of THCa. Obviously, some heavy confirmation bias going on here for me as it confirmed my personal theory so some blinded testing is in order. Long story short though, I think this is a big difference between conduction and convection vapes, and I think this helps explain some of the differences between them in terms of the character of effects. So personally, I wouldn't say one is more potent than the other, but what matters for me, is that both have different overall character of effects.

GoldenBud

Convection for me
The terpenes taste is muted IMHO with a conduction device, and I think the terpenes help the overall effect. I use VapCap a lot these days just to save my money (tiny chamber...) , but usually convection all the way. I feel with conduction that the herb is getting oxidized before I take a hit.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
To me, conduction feels more similar to combustion. I think I get more interesting and complex effects from pure convection vapes but I get more "familiar" effects from conduction vapes. For me, a dynavap run at a fairly high temperature feels quite a lot like smoking a joint for example. When I'm hanging out with friends, I prefer to use my dynavap for this reason, especially because the effects feel a little bit more "full-bodied" and social overall. That being said, when I'm hanging out alone at home, I prefer convection vapes and find that the effects can be a lot headier and almost psychedelic. I have a personal theory that convection vapes allow you to inhale a portion of acidic cannabinoids that have not been exposed to heat long enough to have decarboxylated. On the flipside, conduction vapes expose cannabinoids to higher levels of heat for a prolonged period of time before inhalation begins, therefore most if not all of the cannabinoids inhaled with conduction vapes have probably been decarboxylated. It is a common misconception that acidic cannabinoids are not psychoactive, and while I think that in isolation they are not very psychoactive at all, they certainly have the potential to alter the effects of decarboxylated cannabinoids, thereby altering the overall psychoactive effects. I have a feeling that part of the "entourage" effect actually depends quite heavily on the presence of acidic cannabinoids and that this is why convection vapes feel more complex to me yet also more balanced which I also perceive as a little bit less impactful/stony.

I tried testing this theory by making edibles that were 75% THC and 25% THCa. The overall effects felt quite similar to the effects I get from convection vapes. Certainly headier and more clear-headed than fully decarbed edibles. I also recently got to test this theory again somewhat unknowingly when I picked up a rosin cartridge. It felt much more similar to convection vaping flower than normal distillate cartridges and upon checking out the CoA, I discovered that 40% of the cartridge was composed of THCa. I was running it at 2.4 volts and I think at this low voltage, I was inhaling a good amount of THCa. Obviously, some heavy confirmation bias going on here for me as it confirmed my personal theory so some blinded testing is in order. Long story short though, I think this is a big difference between conduction and convection vapes, and I think this helps explain some of the differences between them in terms of the character of effects. So personally, I wouldn't say one is more potent than the other, but what matters for me, is that both have different overall character of effects.

WELL WRITTEN!

CANtalk

Still haf here and on the stream of sativa consciousness, sorry for any spelling/grammar issues again :razz: .

Edibles are very different from vaping in experience & with first pass metabolism. Anyone care detail the metabolic pathways for THC and THCa in the liver vs vaping cannabis with no first pass metabolism? It's different.

Interesting and things still come down to personal preferences and everyone's different, as well a spectrum. People present with different metabolic differences too, etc. Myself, I don't get a good broad spectrum entourage high from any type of cannabis edibles, though the masses report it's pretty wild compared to smoking/vaping. That sucks for me... but at least low tolerance vaping really f's me up :lol: :science:. I haven't seen much of a difference between heating methods in the couple first fresh draws, conduction vs hybrid vs convection... side by side too. A little, but not a lot. Overall, I prefer full convection vaping by a bit and it was a no-brainer style to buy for at home use, where I vape most predominantly. For portable, I like what a small small conduction evape brings for very a similar taste & high experience, with big utility/discretion. Premium conduction ultraportable evapes really impress me for their small trade-offs and super small sizes. And I'm coming form a premium high power desktop full convection isolated glass air path evape. And still, everyone is different.

Fascinating reading here of across the map vape style fellow enthusiast vapers 🌠! Find ur groove and enjoy :nod:!

Fwiw, like @mccringleberry!, I get far "more interesting and complex effects" from strain choice and freshness/quality than by the heating method (with a quality vape). Strain type and quality/freshness is probably most important to me too, though I do like the added cherry on top of an excellent convection vape (unless I have to lug it around, currently). Let's talk cannabis batches, strains and shoot the breeze on the sativa, indica and the 'what's in your vape right now' FC threads 👍 . Everyone is welcome to & should join in ;).

Have a great weekend

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

It is 0640h as I write this, I am having a cup of tea, and enjoying some White Widow in a Tera v3.

It is very early morning, I just got out of bed, but I do not want to get completely blasted as I have work to do. As a convection vape, the taste is very good, the vapor is smooth and definitely not harsh. Being a convection vape , I have notice that the herb doesn't cook much, unless there is airflow. Unless I start restricting the airflow using the hole at the bottom, psychoactive effects are definitely less for me. I like that I can take as long as I want to finish the bowl; no matter how many times I re-heat the vape, the herb is never scorched.

Once I have had my tea, I will switch to the Solo II. It will likely scorch the weed, but I will be a bit scorched too. The Solo will deliver psychoactive effects, and it hits harder than the Tera.

The V3 Pro is convection, and I get similar results. To get psychoactive effects from the V3 Pro, I have to restrict the airflow to get enough vapour to produce effects.

Flowermates work well for me; I am very happy with the effects they deliver. The Starry v3 hits hard for me, as does the Arizer ArGo. These are all conduction vapes.

Robert-in-YEG

download.png

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Greenleaf88

Depends the high im going for but if I had to choose the best tasting best consistent hits in my collection would be my og sticky brick, but I don't have a vape like the atlas my next purchase after my next lol.

Greenleaf88,
  • Haha
Reactions: bossman

BakedDiogenes

Convection all the way. I have a few conduction heavy roasters, but I’ve found over the years I just prefer the taste and effects offered by convection heating.

These days, my cannabis use is less about getting high and more about trying different varieties of flavor not truly offered by combustion, or (in my opinion) muted by conduction vapes. It is similar to the way I consume beer, though there’s more of a tea-like ritual involved. I like to try different varieties of beer not because they get me shitfaced, but because I enjoy variety.

Getting a buzz on, wether alcohol or weed, is secondary to why I roast my shit.

Razhumikin

Convection all the way. I have a few conduction heavy roasters, but I’ve found over the years I just prefer the taste and effects offered by convection heating.

These days, my cannabis use is less about getting high and more about trying different varieties of flavor not truly offered by combustion, or (in my opinion) muted by conduction vapes. It is similar to the way I consume beer, though there’s more of a tea-like ritual involved. I like to try different varieties of beer not because they get me shitfaced, but because I enjoy variety.

Getting a buzz on, wether alcohol or weed, is secondary to why I roast my shit.
I feel exactly the same way, i view vaping as a mostly aesthetic experience.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I use my conduction/hybrid vapes (Dyna & Fw7) more regularly and in more situations. As mentioned, this is the style of vapor nearest to combustion, and the results are consistent and easy to achieve.
But I get my biggest rips with my powerful pure convection vapes (Runt & HerboTi).
When I vape a flower with my herboti, I can feel the same instant physical effects as with a dab (though less intense), which amazes me every time.

In the end, the 2 types of cooking are interesting because they offer a spectrum of experience and effects widened and this, in more circumstances (inside/outside, alone or with friends, in the morning or in the evening etc...)
The winning combo is definitely a quality vape and quality herbs!
When i speak about quality of herbs, they are not necessarily the most powerful if to cultivate them chemicals are used (which are possibly more dangerous vaped than smoked?)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I'd say convection gets me higher and conduction is getting me lower :D.
I am usually more capable to multitask with convection while with conduction I can usually only focus on one thing (tv, talking, fc rabbit hole:rofl: , etc)

For me getting wrecked/stoned is not being higher.
Yeah, I guess everyone has their own definition - for me I guess I am meaning the full body/mind takeover high.

It really depends, the FW7 smacks me hard, on demand conduction with some hybrid convection...
Yes, the FW8 is probably my next vape, in no small part because of you. You should really start getting a commission :lol:

But the TM with its pure convection on demand also wrecks me reliably lol Vapman pure conduction off the station is fun, like sessions in the IQ2, but they don't really get me where I want to be exactly??
Funny, for me TM never wrecks me while the IQ2/Miqro have absolutely gotten me there. (Not to say I don’t love my TM)

I think it is really also a thing of power, if someone makes a desktop hybrid (maybe it exists lol) with a large bowl and a lot of power and every type of heat, pure materials of course, well that's probably the best maybe if you want the ultimate effects out of you
For example, I group a premium evapes together, like the Supreme V3+, Herborizer, Flowerpot and VapeXhale EVO. They're highly rated with happy owners, plus reasonably similar in general concept (convection), power and quality vapor production.
I have to admit I have never used a desktop vape, so definitely possible the power would easily get me there regularly, even with convection.
I live in a small space and plugs while vaping has always put me off, but one of these days I need to just go there.
I wish I hung out with people who had vape collections for me to experiment, but alas I am the one always letting others experiment with my (somewhat) limited collection.

Conduction......
:cheers: Yay! According to the poll, there are more of us than I thought!!

I don't mix vapes either fwiw. No need here and I don't want to spend money on more things that do the same thing... get me high. Instead, I like to get haf by not vaping very often and sticking with weekend vaping (two to three days a week in a row or less). That's a minimum four day-in-a-row break, every week to reset tolerance.
Agreed, I go through stages where I am vaping every night and stages where I am only vaping a few times a week. But even then, I still notice a big difference between vape signatures. But my tolerance is very easy to keep in check when I regularly skip a few days.

I'm even able tell the difference in high from strain to strain and batch to batch. It's interesting.
The strain and the quality of the bud and dosage amount makes the difference for me. Heating type has no influence at all. I've been completely underwhelmed with certain buds on both delivery methods. Also been compelely wrecked with both.
I really don’t notice the difference between strains when I actively try to document effects. However, I get my stuff through illicit means since my state still has not gotten recreational up and running. Once I am able to regularly purchase certified strains, I will try logging the effects to see if there are consistent distinguishable differences for me.

To me, conduction feels more similar to combustion.
I think I get more interesting and complex effects from pure convection vapes but I get more "familiar" effects from conduction vapes.
Yes, I think the high is a little “heavier“ with conduction, which is more in line with my combustion experiences.

I tried testing this theory by making edibles that were 75% THC and 25% THCa.
Ahh - a person after my own heart. Love to :science:

Some really well said responses in this thread, but I found myself wishing their was a poll option for, "Neither get me higher, they are just different." Great thread tho.
You got it! The wonderful moderators have added the option for you (and others!)

Razhumikin

I am usually more capable to multitask with convection while with conduction I can usually only focus on one thing (tv, talking, fc rabbit hole:rofl: , etc)

Yeah, I guess everyone has their own definition - for me I guess I am meaning the full body/mind takeover high.

Yes, the FW8 is probably my next vape, in no small part because of you. You should really start getting a commission :lol:

Funny, for me TM never wrecks me while the IQ2/Miqro have absolutely gotten me there. (Not to say I don’t love my TM)

I have to admit I have never used a desktop vape, so definitely possible the power would easily get me there regularly, even with convection.
I live in a small space and plugs while vaping has always put me off, but one of these days I need to just go there.
I wish I hung out with people who had vape collections for me to experiment, but alas I am the one always letting others experiment with my (somewhat) limited collection.

:cheers: Yay! According to the poll, there are more of us than I thought!!

Agreed, I go through stages where I am vaping every night and stages where I am only vaping a few times a week. But even then, I still notice a big difference between vape signatures. But my tolerance is very easy to keep in check when I regularly skip a few days.

I really don’t notice the difference between strains when I actively try to document effects. However, I get my stuff through illicit means since my state still has not gotten recreational up and running. Once I am able to regularly purchase certified strains, I will try logging the effects to see if there are consistent distinguishable differences for me.

Yes, I think the high is a little “heavier“ with conduction, which is more in line with my combustion experiences.

Ahh - a person after my own heart. Love to :science:

You got it! The wonderful moderators have added the option for you (and others!)
Id be happy to lend a fellow new yorker a vape. If youre interested dm me.

Top Bottom