• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Part of my problem is that its all been gray market in NY

Unfortunately there's no real way to know, whoever is selling it to you could be calling it whatever, not to mention whoever is making it could be calling it whatever, so if you trust the people, know the sources and their knowledge then sure. Otherwise take it all with a huge grain of salt as all the different names become overlapped and used interchangeably by many people...

florduh

Isn't that where micro-dosing or moderation comes in? There is always CBD.

For sure. I'm not a disty-head myself. I'm just don't hate it like a lot of concentrate-heads do. When I'm talking about on the go use, I'm referring to carts. There are times where one little toot on a rosin cart would make me a little too high for the situation. A little toot on a disty cart never does that for me despite having a much higher THC %.

It's nice to have different tools in the box.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Different trates for different times.

Carts are great by the bedside, in the car (passenger ;)), around the barn, at the beach. I only use live resin carts because I prefer the flavor. I'm not interested in the terp flavored disty carts because I don't want the additives. Pure distillate works fine, but the taste sucks.

For dabs, I like live resin and hash rosin. I'm a flavor chaser and like terpy but not so saucy that it makes a mess.

I use bubble hash for topping herb. When you want to turbo charge your favorite flower. :nod:

Shatter and cheaper stuff for making edibles and tincture.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
A question about water hash. I was told to keep it in the freezer, when taking it out for use do you need to let it warm up first before scooping out a little?

florduh

A question about water hash. I was told to keep it in the freezer, when taking it out for use do you need to let it warm up first before scooping out a little?

I would. Immediately opening the frozen jar could introduce moisture.

I don't know if this is the best place for this, but I'm trying to spark a little more concentrate discussion around here.

If solventless hash teaches us one thing, let it be an understanding that trichomes are what we are after. The entire trichome head and not the plant. Not the leaves or buds or flowers or stems, not the pistils or stigmas, or any other plant feature that cannabis shares with many others. Consider the plant the carrier, the same way a rolling paper carries herb, the herb carries trichomes.

This website is written by.... I guess I'd call him a "solventless extremist". While I agree with most of what he writes, I'm more of a solventless enthusiast than an extremist.

Plenty of interesting posts there. I appreciate people taking their hash seriously.

Oil420FL

I would. Immediately opening the frozen jar could introduce moisture.

I don't know if this is the best place for this, but I'm trying to spark a little more concentrate discussion around here.

This website is written by.... I guess I'd call him a "solventless extremist". While I agree with most of what he writes, I'm more of a solventless enthusiast than an extremist.

Plenty of interesting posts there. I appreciate people taking their hash seriously.
Thanks for an interesting link. A bit funny that the link the writer includes about the 2016 bioavailability study concludes that inhalers are the Most Efficient [I guess vaping comes in second]. I tried an inhaler once: tasted so bad that I coughed up the entire hit.

Re concentrate discussion: My Doc told me more concentrates/less herbs [thinking it's fewer hits] for my lungs. But if the effects don't last as long, it doesn't really help. So I'd appreciate recommendations for an indica concentrate with effects that last more than a couple of hours.

florduh

Thanks for an interesting link. A bit funny that the link the writer includes about the 2016 bioavailability study concludes that inhalers are the Most Efficient [I guess vaping comes in second]. I tried an inhaler once: tasted so bad that I coughed up the entire hit.

Re concentrate discussion: My Doc told me more concentrates/less herbs [thinking it's fewer hits] for my lungs. But if the effects don't last as long, it doesn't really help. So I'd appreciate recommendations for an indica concentrate with effects that last more than a couple of hours.

Have you tired any of the hash/live rosin options in FL? As far as longevity of effects, that will be your best bet. 710 Labs is reliable. But they're a pain in the ass to order from in The Free State. For a budget option, I've been impressed with Surterra.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have you tired any of the hash/live rosin options in FL? As far as longevity of effects, that will be your best bet. 710 Labs is reliable. But they're a pain in the ass to order from in The Free State. For a budget option, I've been impressed with Surterra.
I think you said you were going to be in NYC for a while this year. I've noticed that Empire Cannabis has 710 Labs rosin - sometimes. They are kinda spotty in general with concentrate availability.

florduh

I think you said you were going to be in NYC for a while this year. I've noticed that Empire Cannabis has 710 Labs rosin - sometimes. They are kinda spotty in general with concentrate availability.

710 Labs is a go to brand for me. Decent price points and dependable quality.

Is Empire a grey market outfit? The only reason I ask is.... 710 Labs packaging is available for sale from China.

In any case I'm glad solventless concentrates are making their way to NYC.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
710 Labs is a go to brand for me. Decent price points and dependable quality.

Is Empire a grey market outfit? The only reason I ask is.... 710 Labs packaging is available for sale from China.

In any case I'm glad solventless concentrates are making their way to NYC.
Yes, grey market, but they are kinda trying to present a legal-look, unlike most of the other shops. My impressions have been of a caring group, but hey, it is New York! - full of intrigue!

It's hard to say how long the 1400 cannabis grey stores will continue in NY, but jeez so far there are like 2-1/2 legal rec stores in NYC, very expensive and limited. Can't explain the high pricing other than greed, since there has been a shit ton of product getting old on grower's shelves because the retail roll out has been so protracted.

florduh

It's hard to say how long the 1400 cannabis grey stores will continue in NY, but jeez so far there are like 2-1/2 legal rec stores in NYC, very expensive and limited. Can't explain the high pricing other than greed, since there has been a shit ton of product getting old on grower's shelves because the retail roll out has been so protracted.

If my experience in LA post adult-use legalization is any indication, it will take a while. It was wild though. There were grey market dispos I'd frequent...until one day I'd swing by after work and they'd be padlocked with a notice from the cops on the door.

I'm rooting for NYC though. You have to drive to get anywhere in Cali. Having easy access to public transport is much more convenient for a dabber on the go.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm a concentrate noob so I guess this is the right place to ask questions. Always been a flower guy but I've read about supercharging your flower with concentrates.

I've done a bit of reading and would like to try some rosin

Looking for tips on how to use the stuff. Been using the following vapes in my rotation (all portables and no water rigs) Airvape Legacy Pro, Dynavaps, Neo, Vaponic, IQ2.

Any suggestions on how to use and which vapes would work best?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm a concentrate noob so I guess this is the right place to ask questions. Always been a flower guy but I've read about supercharging your flower with concentrates.

I've done a bit of reading and would like to try some rosin

Looking for tips on how to use the stuff. Been using the following vapes in my rotation (all portables and no water rigs) Airvape Legacy Pro, Dynavaps, Neo, Vaponic, IQ2.

Just sandwich a half-rice-grain size ball of rosin the the middle of your flower bowl...and vape on!
It's no more complicated than that, until you want to get more efficient with your rosin use (by migrating to using a nail to consume your rosin).

Okla68

The ALP does fantastic Flower/Sandwiches using Flower covered with a pinch of Rosin and topped with the Pad or screen or just covering wirh more flower. Set at 464 F Session, 10 minutes.
If your resin is as good as mine, youll either be up zingging or melted into the couch. Blowing out major Terpy clouds!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You can get a "taste" of the experience with an inexpensive, battery powered Terp Pen (I use the larger XL version). Very easy to use, no flames, no "rig". From there maybe you could decide whether to get something more heavy-duty.

Rosin is now becoming more widely available in cartridge and pod system vapes, that's what I'm hoping comes to my neighborhood soon!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@TigoleBitties

Not tried yet, mine will be with me tomorrow. But gets excellent reviews in its own thread.
And no coils!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Wow. Thanks for all the advice ppl. Much appreciated.

So there's the "flower sandwich" method and then dedicated concentrate rigs.

I was leaning toward the sandwich method bc I'm not interested on consuming just concentrates at this point but was looking for a way to improve my flower experience. Would I really be "missing the boat" on concentrates (specifically rosin) if I don't try it on a dedicated rig or in a terp pen?

The ALP does fantastic Flower/Sandwiches using Flower covered with a pinch of Rosin and topped with the Pad or screen or just covering wirh more flower. Set at 464 F Session, 10 minutes.
If your resin is as good as mine, youll either be up zingging or melted into the couch. Blowing out major Terpy clouds!
That sounds really nice. Is max temp necessary? Won't any flower get charred?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom