• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

florduh

I’ve been vaping more oil than flower this week for the first time in a while. I usually hit everything natively through glass stems.

This isn’t scientific or anything. Just my observation. But... the smell coming from my flower vape glass stems is a little gnarly after a few days. Not exactly an ashtray smell, but maybe ash tray light?

The glass stems that have been exposed to a similar amount of concentrate vapor... they don’t really smell bad at all. Just sort of a slightly sweet reclaim smell.

There’s been a lot of talk about flower vs concentrates from a health perspective. And I don’t think smelly stems proves anything. But it sure seems like I’m inhaling cleaner vapor with concentrates. At least, I know which stem I’d rather my lungs smell like.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
There’s been a lot of talk about flower vs concentrates from a health perspective. And I don’t think smelly stems proves anything

Well it proves the combustion that occurs at nominal flower vaping temperatures. Even more telling is what happens when water curing AVB....... 👻

IME most people who don’t use extracts just wont ever notice it.

Being able to press rosin and vape the exact same resin in a dry herb or oil device is extremely telling.

Even higher temp flower vaping tastes like smoking a bong with a lighter to me. It’s sort of annoying to be so picky but I guess I’m just in a crabby dabby mood again 👾🦀💨💨
I haven’t vaped any flower in a few days cause my allergies have been driving me crazy.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
942087-EC-A3-A8-474-E-A1-C4-B1-BFBBD4031-D.jpg

Posted my Light Saber in a different thread but this is probably a better spot. This setup is embarrassingly good…… might even call it an E-rig killer 😅😅😅

florduh

might even call it an E-rig killer

"...make Q-tip Manufacturers FURIOUS with this One Weird Trick!"

With most Free States selling dabbables in syringes, I'm kind of surprised no one has made a high quality, reusable cartridge yet. It really is a lovely way to medicate, but the e-waste and materials quality a disposable product necessitates bothers me. I remember Up-Tech tried, years ago. It was a garbage product that basically heated concentrate into liquid form and shot it into your mouth.

Although, now that I think of it, most e-rig users are tossing unrecyclable atomizers into landfills too.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
"...make Q-tip Manufacturers FURIOUS with this One Weird Trick!"

With most Free States selling dabbables in syringes, I'm kind of surprised no one has made a high quality, reusable cartridge yet. It really is a lovely way to medicate, but the e-waste and materials quality a disposable product necessitates bothers me. I remember Up-Tech tried, years ago. It was a garbage product that basically heated concentrate into liquid form and shot it into your mouth.

Although, now that I think of it, most e-rig users are tossing unrecyclable atomizers into landfills too.

An ultra premium full rebuildable cartridge platform would be epic! I admit I looked into it briefly but it would take some real capital to pull off right. Honestly might as well build the matching battery to go with it too cause these cartridges desperately need TCR like yesterday. IMO this equipment is the real bottleneck, making the oil without dilution or additives isn’t even hard anymore. The arbitrary “variable voltage” is crap though, too easy to overheat cause it’s not compensating for any previous hits. The experience is still enjoyable but temp control is so obvious idk why nobody is doing it.

And this light saber setup is ridiculously pleasing 🐡🐡 at first I thought it was too clunky, but I kinda like the size now, it feels like taking a bong rip. Everything happens so fast, it would be hard to think of another vape that works so quickly, it’s very close to smoking in that instantaneous regard. Especially since it’s locked and loaded, all those excuses of “vapes take too long” goes right out the window!

you don’t even really feel the vapor and you get nice visual feedback that confirms you are getting some, I swear the problem with vapor is a lot of people don’t feel it so they take these long pulls and then explode, when in reality this thing milks up instantly.

I also feel like I can get more medicated this way as I can inhale more vapor, comfortably without irritation.

I definitely remember the Trinity!
Good concept, W9 was ahead of the curve but I don’t think it was really dialed in. So much has changed since then in the concentrate processing too, they only knew how to make rosin carts by terping them way up to adjust the viscosity. I don’t think people were even decarbing for those 🐥🐥🐥

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
This isn’t scientific or anything. Just my observation. But... the smell coming from my flower vape glass stems is a little gnarly after a few days. Not exactly an ashtray smell, but maybe ash tray light?

The glass stems that have been exposed to a similar amount of concentrate vapor... they don’t really smell bad at all. Just sort of a slightly sweet reclaim smell.

There’s been a lot of talk about flower vs concentrates from a health perspective. And I don’t think smelly stems proves anything. But it sure seems like I’m inhaling cleaner vapor with concentrates. At least, I know which stem I’d rather my lungs smell like.
Well it proves the combustion that occurs at nominal flower vaping temperatures. Even more telling is what happens when water curing AVB....... 👻
Even higher temp flower vaping tastes like smoking a bong with a lighter to me. It’s sort of annoying to be so picky but I guess I’m just in a crabby dabby mood again 👾🦀💨💨

I feel the same.

I used to enjoy flower, particularly the caramel-like flavor I would get through my vapcaps. But over time I found flower vaping to be a bit stinky with dirty little bits everywhere.

Concentrate vaping has less noticable smell to me and others in the house, at least an odor that doesn't linger as long. I can watch my glass Dynavap stems get coated with a clear and almost colorless reclaim over time. After a while I would swab it out with a piece of cotton and vape that. The times I've gone back to try flower, the flavor has not been as pleasant as in the past. I much prefer the flavors and aroma from the resins and sauces I use now. And it just feels cleaner.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay as a noob to concentrates (on demand - thank you Dabpress) I am still learning the ropes.

Before, I would head out and vape 2-3 bowls from either my VG or Vapvap in a session. Most evenings would entail at least 2 sessions (up to 4 sometimes)

Now that I have my press and rig, its 1 (maybe 2) dab rips and I am donezo. I made the mistake (a couple of nights in a row) trying to either do more than a couple of dabs, or doing multiple sessions.
I sleep good AF, but waking up - I still feel high, like an over medicated edible high... Not complaining, but fuck... :rockon:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I sleep good AF, but waking up - I still feel high, like an over medicated edible high... Not complaining, but fuck... :rockon:
I can get that as well. I suffer from Insomnia so I know what its like trying to put yourself down enough to go to sleep but I found what helps me most is just a regular session very close to bed and doing breathing exercises in bed. one of the best I took from the Wim Hoff method (not sure I spelled that right) you take several slow deep breaths, then exhale and hold your breath just for whatever feels comfortable, you should not be gasping for breath by the time you want to inhale. repeat and try to hold your breath a little longer each time, you can make a little game of it lol just do not make it uncomfortable or its not relaxing. helps me a lot more than over medicating the next day which can leave my groggy.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I moved from Texas to Oregon a few weeks ago. And now, with all these high-quality concentrates available to me (I rarely had access to concentrates in Texas), I've barely touched flower in the last few weeks since I've been here. I've been dabbing concentrates.

I'm currently researching wax pens for on the go, because I haven't been too impressed with the cartridges available.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I moved from Texas to Oregon a few weeks ago. And now, with all these high-quality concentrates available to me (I rarely had access to concentrates in Texas), I've barely touched flower in the last few weeks since I've been here. I've been dabbing concentrates.

I'm currently researching wax pens for on the go, because I haven't been too impressed with the cartridges available.

Quite good.

Would love to have access to the variety you have available......

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Quite good.

Would love to have access to the variety you have available......

LoL. Yeah. I already have a tiny refrigerator I just bought for my desk, sitting here next to my monitor with half a dozen (I plan to expand that number, lol) kinds of concentrates in it. 😁

IMG-2428.jpg

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I keep all my concentrate in the freezer and take out what I need and store that at room temperature.
Rarely is any concentrate at room temp in black glass jar for more than a couple of weeks. I don't notice any drop in taste, just occasionally my hash rosin gets more crumbly.
Do you guys notice a difference over a few weeks with rosin.....?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I keep all my concentrate in the freezer and take out what I need and store that at room temperature.
Rarely is any concentrate at room temp in black glass jar for more than a couple of weeks. I don't notice any drop in taste, just occasionally my hash rosin gets more crumbly.
Do you guys notice a difference over a few weeks with rosin.....?
I keep mine in the butter dish area in our back up fridge which is a older fridge and doesn't run as cool as it use to. however the last time I dabbed I for got to put my stuff back in the fridge...... maybe 2 weeks ago :doh: the live rosin turned from a consistency of soft hash/ butter left out at room temp in the winter texture to dry and crumbly:(. just did a nice dab of it and it certainly hasn't lost any of its potency:smug: but the flavour was not the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing??? didn't taste milder but certain aspects of the flavour actually tasted stronger while other flavours were milder??? different than I remember but I've only had 1 and maybe my mouth just tastes funny right now??? so I guess I'm just going to have a dab day and find out:lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I have more than six variety in the fridge, just the main fridge, in the deli drawer actually, I think some I've had for a year even? The problem is I've got too much indica hybrid when I use sativa hybrid more lol also I use herbs much more of course so the dabs just last a long time for me and I haven't noticed any change to their texture or quality or whatever... A few different brands, mostly live resin sauces sugars diamonds, but also a dry sift live rosin and a distillate.

florduh

I really like the Divine Tribe 5. But I think it's more for home use. Or for on the go when you have a couple minutes, rather than a couple seconds. It just gets hot as fuck. If I tried to take a quick hit and put it back in my pocket like a cart, I'd burn my dick off.

If you're not happy with the pre-filled carts, maybe look into making your own carts out of your favorite live rosin. @invertedisdead posted an easy method in the rosin post process thread. You can buy higher quality carts than dispos generally use, either all-glass or all-ceramic. For on the go use, you'll never beat the speed, discretion, and size of a cart setup.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Another +1 on the concentrates in the butter dish. :lol: It's a happy little world in there, full of happy little jars.

Great move @Ramahs. You went from a craft cannabis wasteland to the Land of Shangri La. :spliff:

In a matter of days (or hours), Divine Tribe will be selling the Core 2 with the compatable V5 heater. That is my next purchase as the OG Core and V5 have been my in-home DD for a while now. Others have starting selling them, but I prefer Matt's customer service.

For traveling out, I still use my little OG terp pen. I don't mind a cartridge pen if it doesn't have additives.

Top Bottom