Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Knightsofcamelot

Has anyone on this thread tried one of these? I use to dab on a quartz banger with a torch back in the day, but I like the idea of an enail with a SiC or sapphire dish for flavor and ease of cleaning.

If there's already a thread for this can someone link it I couldn't find it.

Knightsofcamelot,
Reactions: LesPlenty

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@cybrguy Q-TIP and the ISO...the ISO is so your friend...I've been using every banger I have every night and use the method I told you...all my bangers look brand new. I just wait till they are just below 200*F and do the dunk and some Q-Tips to clean any excess and then try with a rag and Q-Tips to where the rag can't go. (use 91% ISO and up) :science:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Has anyone on this thread tried one of these? I use to dab on a quartz banger with a torch back in the day, but I like the idea of an enail with a SiC or sapphire dish for flavor and ease of cleaning.

If there's already a thread for this can someone link it I couldn't find it.

Here you go:

The “SEARCH” feature, upper right is helpful, important to use the drop down menu to limit and target your search.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
it does make a good dab rig, if only I could figure out the dabbing part. I'll be in the concentrate for noobs thread bitching

b0e2JoG.jpg

I hadn't seen a banger n cap like that before! Yeah I really just don't think cold start is worthwhile personally... Messing around with DabLamp for em now but eh I just need a proper temp on my hot start I think!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
just had a bit of a fail ........ but what a fail!!! thought id do a little experimenting with my banger and a up and down heating, this never goes right lol just had a giant rocket hot dab and the high was stratospheric but getting there was painful :lol: dusted my bigshot off on its smallest setting and was shooting for a 1 min 30 sec heatup and 30 sec cool down. banger started throwing of orange flames so I chickened out 15 seconds early, waited 30 seconds and I hit my first obstacle, I accidentally forgot to take the carb cap off while heating :doh: and it was to hot to hold for long so I put down my rig and went across the room for my cork coaster to put it on, I eventually got to loading my dab, recaped and took my hit I wasn't at the end of my draw but vapour looked like it thinned out? went for my exhale blew a cloud so thick I couldn't see through it and it burned. looked in my banger ands this

fnziRN6.jpg

there was a big dab in there and it was gone with a little staining on the walls

lZ576Uu.jpg

had like a 5 minute cough and the dab sweats, by the time I was done coughing I was super stoned :ko:

vinnyzan

For those of you using Enails, what kind of nail are you using ?
I have a newvape 16 hole titanium nail, an auber rdk 110 with 20mm coil. I want something that works better, not sure if I should just start fresh and get a whole new setup or just get a new nail/coil and keep my controller.
I was initially looking to stick with newvape but the T bucket even with black friday sale is more than I'm looking to spend. I think when I put everything in my cart (coil,carb cap, nail, post, dish) it was +$350. Is there a better bang for my buck nail that others around here can vouch for ? Should I look to get a new controller too ? Again not happy with the way my setup is working, not sure if it's just the nail, the nail and coil or the whole thing.

I know some of you aristocrats only dab off of the finest gems but I'm sure you can recommend something at different price points.I haven't quite made up my mind on how much I'm willing to spend. I can't justify the money for the T-bucket though...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tend to prefer a Dnail SiC Halo more than anything else for my enails
I agree, so easy to keep clean.
I also favor 710coils for coils.
Nice second choice for a banger and heating coil, the Auberins PID controllers are great...the RDK300b is one of the best but I was cheap and got the RDK200 and it has worked flawlessly, just does not have boost mode, still. able to adjust the PID to match different surface temps perfectly if you want.

vinnyzan

I tend to prefer a Dnail SiC Halo more than anything else for my enails. So tasty and easy to maintain. You will never need another nail. I also favor 710coils for coils. I started with the Dnail controller and moved to a MaxVapor controller last year.
If I went with Sic does that dish need to be replaced frequently ? Both the sic halo and nimbus are out of stock on the website. Mini nail has something similar onsale, have you heard anything about how the two compare ?

CANtalk

Lots of enail options and styles out there :whoa:. I feel blessed using an isolated all glass air path and everything vape (nail too), plus no burn/fire hazard. In this type of setup, a cold start ~365 F dab brings the goods :luv::science::evil:.

Fwiw, with your Auber PID it's excellent and easy to simply go with 20mm quartz bucket (w/ ur 20mm coil). It would dab impressively without much spendy. Plugs right in too.

Good luck with the search @vinnyzan!

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk

SiC will never have to be replaced. I've had mine for YEARS- looks as brilliant as the day I took it out of its case.
I find many enail materials won't need replacing when taken care of and clean excellent. A $10 boro glass nail has done the job here for a long time. On the other hand, all these materials are susceptible to drop breakage. Been there done that :ugh:... and seen it with sic dishes here. I hate losing nails from mishandling, but it seems to happen to many of us. I've gotten better and I'm happy it's been a $10 glass nail in this setup :razz:.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
For those of you using Enails, what kind of nail are you using ?
I have a newvape 16 hole titanium nail, an auber rdk 110 with 20mm coil. I want something that works better, not sure if I should just start fresh and get a whole new setup or just get a new nail/coil and keep my controller.
I was initially looking to stick with newvape but the T bucket even with black friday sale is more than I'm looking to spend. I think when I put everything in my cart (coil,carb cap, nail, post, dish) it was +$350. Is there a better bang for my buck nail that others around here can vouch for ? Should I look to get a new controller too ? Again not happy with the way my setup is working, not sure if it's just the nail, the nail and coil or the whole thing.

I know some of you aristocrats only dab off of the finest gems but I'm sure you can recommend something at different price points.I haven't quite made up my mind on how much I'm willing to spend. I can't justify the money for the T-bucket though...
love my Vrod ! being able to do concentrate or flower or both at the same time gives me a lot of versatility with how I medicate. it does both very well. I prefer a quartz dish over sic, find flavour is a bit brighter. got my quartz dish from dnail, it was a factory second and fairly priced.

vinnyzan

Thanks for all the insight guys, I actually had a quartz banger for my enail and it worked better than my TI nail. I was able to use lower Temps and wouldn't have a bunch of oil left over on the nail.
The banger had a little post on the side where the coil would sit. One day the post broke off while in use(not sure how actually, maybe it just weakened over time from heat) and the coil fell onto my wood table and almost started a fire instantaneously. I see nowadays they have little clips to prevent that from happening. I'll definitely take a look at some quartz bangers to hold me over until I can snag something from d-nail. Last time I looked years ago, there wasn't a way to secure the coil to the banger so I kind of ruled it out.

As far as torching goes I never really got the hang of the timing (always too hot or too cold) and I absolutely hated having to mess with butane cans.

CANtalk

Thanks for all the insight guys, I actually had a quartz banger for my enail and it worked better than my TI nail. I was able to use lower Temps and wouldn't have a bunch of oil left over on the nail.
The banger had a little post on the side where the coil would sit. One day the post broke off while in use(not sure how actually, maybe it just weakened over time from heat) and the coil fell onto my wood table and almost started a fire instantaneously. I see nowadays they have little clips to prevent that from happening. I'll definitely take a look at some quartz bangers to hold me over until I can snag something from d-nail. Last time I looked years ago, there wasn't a way to secure the coil to the banger so I kind of ruled it out.

As far as torching goes I never really got the hang of the timing (always too hot or too cold) and I absolutely hated having to mess with butane cans.
Ahhh, I see. Good feedback and thx for sharing. I reread your original posit after this one and better understand your request now. I'm not into torches or PID enail coil setups for vaping either, because of the burn/fire hazard (especially when high... and I get very high). Sorry to hear about that experience. Those setups are otherwise quite awesome and still have many fans. For other & safer enail dabbing options, there are a number of reasonable evapes across various price ranges that people enjoy dabbing with. Da Buddha is inexpensive and has fans (w/ concentrates kit). It's a glass enail and setup, usually used with a whip (some of their other vapes are similar, e.g. the silver surfer). A Ditanium with its enail setup is pretty sweet at a good price as well (can be used with a whip or glass, though glass use is a bit awkward). The Ditanium has a quartz glass dab surface, or Ti option. There's the VapeXhale EVO too, a premium powerful desktop in a small safe footprint & with an all glass setup for dabbing. And fwiw, all the vapes mentioned so far are good with vaping cannabis flower too... nice & flexible combo vapes. Then there are dedicated edab rigs like Puffco, etc. They have their fans and seem to be getting better and better... check them out @vinnyzan. The used vape marketplace has all sorts of interesting combinations of those things with various discounts as well. The are some just / soon being released new dabbing vape options too iirc.. keep an eye on the upcoming desktop evape forum, etc.

What else do y'all recommend recommend for evape dabbing that's not an exposed coil setup? I'm sure I missed a few.

There are many many vaping, dabbing and enail dabbing options out there, each one with unique attributes, advantages and disadvantages. So think about what YOU want and prioritize in dabbing, and see what dabbing evape (or 2-3) hits the spot. As they say, there's an ass for every seat 👍. Check it all out and find the seat you really want. Hope this helps and GLWS(earch)!

Have a nice Sunday night

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Ispire Wand (induction heated) is a great butane alternative that is gaining in popularity as peeps learn about it and they have just released an All-In-One unit called the Daab.

How do you like your wand compared to a SiC Halo hit?

I’m bored and pressed some rosin yesterday and was seriously thinking of springing for the Daab, but the cups seem kinda small for me compared to a full sized setup. I like the idea of convenience, but been around this block before with lots of devices and skeptical the performance can compare with the high surface area nails I’m used to.

I’m thinking about getting a terpometer instead.

I agree that butane sucks, but the radiant heat added to a torched dab is incomparable to anything else. It took me a long time to figure out what the difference was and it’s that! My enail can run at the same floor temperature as a torched banger but you can feel that the radiant heat is missing on the enail. Still solid, but not quite as dynamic of an experience. The e rigs all seem to respond the same way since the heat transfer just isn’t as full bodied as what a torch can provide.

I would still recommend a SiC Halo for someone that doesn’t want to do much maintenance. I’m not a fan of the titanium components but it’s a workhorse for sure.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How do you like your wand compared to a SiC Halo hit?
It is more like my quartz banger than my Halo...the Halo seems to have more fuller bodied hits with smaller amounts than either quartz variant but I also get the odd Ti hit off my Halo centre post when my vision gets a bit blurry later at night and hand one eye co-ordination eludes me. :lol:
I’m not a fan of the titanium components
I am still waiting for their 'All SiC' version to get out of beta...been like that for a year or 2 now.:hmm:

Top Bottom