Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

PresentAffect

Love my VapBong, but recently have experienced an issue. Sometimes I leave the unit on for an extended amount of time, and I've read that others here do the same. However, two days ago I came home to realize the unit was off despite still being plugged in.

The DC regulator was on but no numbers displayed, and of course the Vapbong itself was no longer preheated. I unplugged everything to discover that if I plug in only the regulator and turn it on, numbers will display correctly as if it's working, but the moment I plug it into the Vapbong, it seems to short out and turn off, as if the unit isn't plugged in at all. I have no experience with electronics - is this something I could fix at home, or should I try to buy a new power unit?

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Love my VapBong, but recently have experienced an issue. Sometimes I leave the unit on for an extended amount of time, and I've read that others here do the same. However, two days ago I came home to realize the unit was off despite still being plugged in.

The DC regulator was on but no numbers displayed, and of course the Vapbong itself was no longer preheated. I unplugged everything to discover that if I plug in only the regulator and turn it on, numbers will display correctly as if it's working, but the moment I plug it into the Vapbong, it seems to short out and turn off, as if the unit isn't plugged in at all. I have no experience with electronics - is this something I could fix at home, or should I try to buy a new power unit?

I would reccomend picking up another voltage adapter & testing to see if it is just the power supply as they are the most likely component to fail, but are pretty cheap & can be found on Amazon https://a.co/d/gYUsQmi

If not then the vapbong itself may need repair & in that case we offer DIY repair kits or in house repair service if necessary.

Feel free to PM if you need any further assistance! 🤙

PresentAffect

I would reccomend picking up another voltage adapter & testing to see if it is just the power supply as they are the most likely component to fail, but are pretty cheap & can be found on Amazon https://a.co/d/gYUsQmi

If not then the vapbong itself may need repair & in that case we offer DIY repair kits or in house repair service if necessary.

Thanks! Will try purchasing another voltage adapter (thanks for the correct terminology!) to see if that resolved my problem. Glad there is a CONUS servicer for these units, I love my VapBong but not sure I would be able to send it off to Europe for servicing or repair. Worst case scenario would be breaking the ball or the unit itself.

PresentAffect

Interesting, I reached out to Jaxel directly and they suggested I purchase the new heating element/repair kit from you. Before I spend any money doing so, would it help if I uploaded a video of my issue? Or would the symptoms be the same for both a power supply failure and a failure of the heating component? A little disappointed I have to spend possibly another 50 USD for this, since I have had the VapBong less than one year.

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Interesting, I reached out to Jaxel directly and they suggested I purchase the new heating element/repair kit from you. Before I spend any money doing so, would it help if I uploaded a video of my issue? Or would the symptoms be the same for both a power supply failure and a failure of the heating component? A little disappointed I have to spend possibly another 50 USD for this, since I have had the VapBong less than one year.

They have more experience with faulty units than I do obviously. However, I have had 1 unit out of 13 I own personally that needed repair & nothing like that occurred on any of my voltage adapters, which is why I lean towards the voltage adapter being the likely issue as this is the only mass produced peice of equipment & is outsourced from China where standards of production are obviously lax. We have also found that component to be the most likely source of the issue when it comes to experience.

I suggest following my advice & purchasing the voltage adapter through Amazon, so if it turns out to be the unit you can return for free. This is why I did not start by reccomending you purchase anything through me as I obviously cant do free return, although I have voltage adapters available as well. As mentioned earlier if this is not the case we do provide DIY repair kits & or repair services and of course will be happy to do whatever we can to help.

Please feel free to PM if you need further assistance 🤙

@Jaxel did a custom for Troy/420Vapezone, which he showed off on a stream, and I really like this new body style, the bubble bandit. Looks like it'd be super easy to handle and also easy to clean!

Ripstar

@Jaxel did a custom for Troy/420Vapezone, which he showed off on a stream, and I really like this new body style, the bubble bandit. Looks like it'd be super easy to handle and also easy to clean!

Very cool! Love the color too.

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer

Yes, the Bubble Bandit is Jaxel's Art newest & smallest Vapbong model to date. It has been very popular amongst customers & hard to keep in stock along with the new Wonderlamp model, which is similar to the classic in function, but less phallic in aesthetics...

Very cool! Love the color too.

& the color is "Magma" which is also one of our most popular Cobblestone Glazes as well. I believe we only have one Old School OAB left in this glaze at the moment!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I follow on Instagram to see all these that jaxel make! Jerry got a classic bandit custom too... Remember there is actually a new thread for these now that maybe should just be merged with this one??

vapirtoo

Still rocking my two Vapbongs, my first had the kick hole carb.
Both have slightly different signatures with the older carbed one
able to leave a scorch patch in the bowl, while my new one has
a more even burn that never scorches the bowl eventhough using more power.(9.7 vs. 10.8)
I'm still amazed at the ease of use and vapor quality.
My pot addicted cat-18yrs.- loves the clouds!!

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Excited to be hosting soon a 'Conscious Cannabis Ritual' using the VapBong as the consumption device! So fitting with its ceremony-like function.

Over 3 years since I got a VapBong and it's still my #1 without a doubt.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Thank you for being a loyal supporter and sharing these works of art with others! 🙏 3 years & going strong 💪 Love to hear it!

No glass screen that I am aware of, but a simple 3/4 inch stainless steel screen is the optimal choice at the moment.
Dumb question, and I’m hoping VapBong users can chime in:

Would a 3/4” titanium screen be better? For higher temperatures and to eliminate the concern regarding the types/grades of stainless steel?

I’m looking for the absolute safest option available. The VapBong suits my needs/requirements for a vaporizer, but I just worry about that screen.

I know that I’m blowing it out of proportion, but I can’t help it.

Any recommendations for the highest quality screens that are compatible with the VapBong? I’d prefer glass or quartz but I know that’s not an option.

How do you burn it off without using temperatures too high for the screen with a butane lighter?

Asthmatic Newbie,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Dumb question, and I’m hoping VapBong users can chime in:

Would a 3/4” titanium screen be better? For higher temperatures and to eliminate the concern regarding the types/grades of stainless steel?

I’m looking for the absolute safest option available. The VapBong suits my needs/requirements for a vaporizer, but I just worry about that screen.

I know that I’m blowing it out of proportion, but I can’t help it
What could be the possible problem with stainless steel in this application? I would think titanium would be worse as many people are allergic to it. None of my pans are titanium but many are steel.

What could be the possible problem with stainless steel in this application? I would think titanium would be worse as many people are allergic to it. None of my pans are titanium but many are steel.
My problem isn’t with the stainless steel - more so how do I guarantee it’s true stainless steel and not some other alloy being sold as stainless steel?

How can I ensure I get 316 grade stainless steel instead of 304 grade?

How do I make sure that I find high quality stainless steel screens without some unknown toxic coating?

I know I sound absolutely paranoid! But I’m really sensitive to metals (based on experience with piercings) and have a lot of experience with metals not being as advertised.

Asthmatic Newbie,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My problem isn’t with the stainless steel - more so how do I guarantee it’s true stainless steel and not some other alloy being sold as stainless steel?

How can I ensure I get 316 grade stainless steel instead of 304 grade?

How do I make sure that I find high quality stainless steel screens without some unknown toxic coating?

I know I sound absolutely paranoid! But I’m really sensitive to metals (based on experience with piercings) and have a lot of experience with metals not being as advertised.
I think you will find that with titanium too, but you'll probably pay more too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any recommendations for the highest quality screens that are compatible with the VapBong? I’d prefer glass or quartz but I know that’s not an option.

The ones that used to come with it were pretty low quality, but you can buy spares a lot of places, I've gotten them from eBay and Amazon, they claim their stainless steel but as for how you can know for sure, I would have no idea... Do your research trust the reviews that's what I try to do you can also buy them from Delta 3D Studios and I trust him a lot! His are thicker more robust though which could be a negative in this application in the ceramic in my experience though (I use them more for injector bowls)

How do you burn it off without using temperatures too high for the screen with a butane lighter?

Why would you burn it off? Some people like to burn their screens with a torch to clean, but I don't, I only use iso alcohol and scrub with water... You could try turning up the VB with an empty bowl to blow through the clogs with a lot of heat but yeah you're basically not getting it fully clean anyway so I'm not sure exactly what your question is then??

If you want to use glass and quartz, there are a lot of other options for heavy hitter vapes, but the aromatizers are still so unique and effective!

The ones that used to come with it were pretty low quality, but you can buy spares a lot of places, I've gotten them from eBay and Amazon, they claim their stainless steel but as for how you can know for sure, I would have no idea... Do your research trust the reviews that's what I try to do you can also buy them from Delta 3D Studios and I trust him a lot! His are thicker more robust though which could be a negative in this application in the ceramic in my experience though (I use them more for injector bowls)

Why would you burn it off? Some people like to burn their screens with a torch to clean, but I don't, I only use iso alcohol and scrub with water... You could try turning up the VB with an empty bowl to blow through the clogs with a lot of heat but yeah you're basically not getting it fully clean anyway so I'm not sure exactly what your question is then??

If you want to use glass and quartz, there are a lot of other options for heavy hitter vapes, but the aromatizers are still so unique and effective!
I didn’t have a specific need or desire to burn it off; I just wasn’t sure if that was something I was supposed to do.

Thank you so much for the recommendations regarding the stainless steel screens. I really appreciate your help.

I ordered a Bubble Bandit last week and I’m very, very excited about it!

My Bubble Bandit arrived today! Here’s a glamour shot before setting it up.

I’ve found that just under 1/4 cup of water is optimal/max capacity for the smallest boi in the VapBong lineup.

IMG_8721_jpg.jpg

Top Bottom