Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

coolbreeze

Wait...someone said that they melted a screen a few posts back.
I don't understand why we are not talking about this.

I mean...it would seem that either the claim is bullshit, which for some reason has been left quietly un-called-out, or something insanely fascinating just happened that we should all be talking about.
The Vapbong's a funny thing. One poor soul had to quit it because it kept knocking him out. One VB was oozing blood like a holy relic. If you heard the voice of God coming from your burning Vapbong screen, would it surprise you? You just never know what's gonna happen next!

passenger

is this thing on?
Every time you hit the Vapbong, a parallel universe spawns, did you know?

Edit: Gotta say, I had a faulty OAB once, it was sweating out ceramics. They (Daniel at the time) took care of me and the replacement rocks since years without any fault at all. As the others I got over time.

coolbreeze

Burning screen, voice of God.
You folks are too much, my wife and I were just
chided for watching the Ten Commandments .
Holy Passover BatMan!
2 years and I have never even combusted in my Vapbongs!
Melting screens!!!! INDEED
Next thing you know it'll be raining frogs!
download.jpg

stonedmallone

Every time you hit the Vapbong, a parallel universe spawns, did you know?

Edit: Gotta say, I had a faulty OAB once, it was sweating out ceramics. They (Daniel at the time) took care of me and the replacement rocks since years without any fault at all. As the others I got over time.
Sweating out ceramics?? Yeah mine doesn't do that, but does evaporate. After I fill it, after 8 hours or so if I lift it up the table will have a slight dampness to it and the bottom will be slightly moist. I got mine around the time I heard there was some humidity issues so I attributed it to that. Other than that it's never effected the performance at all.

passenger

is this thing on?
Along the crazings at the bottom it got a little damp and white powdery dust build up which rebuilt after cleaning every time. As it came from the inside I am guessing it was part of the ceramics, mine was from that period like yours by the way. It did not build up inside, it was "sweating it out".
That was the only Vapbong I had problems with and the customer service (Daniel & Felix) was excellent to me. The replacement I got is running rock solid after 2 years without any problems.

stonedmallone

Along the crazings at the bottom it got a little damp and white powdery dust build up which rebuilt after cleaning every time. As it came from the inside I am guessing it was part of the ceramics, mine was from that period like yours by the way. It did not build up inside, it was "sweating it out".
That was the only Vapbong I had problems with and the customer service (Daniel & Felix) was excellent to me. The replacement I got is running rock solid after 2 years without any problems.
Interesting, I probably should have reached out too when I first realized too lol.

stonedmallone,
Reactions: coolbreeze

SquirrelMaster

So it's not normal to sweat? I don't remember noticing any white dust but my VapBong definitely leaves water where it sits. It drains the water level noticeably over a couple days.

coolbreeze

So it's not normal to sweat? I don't remember noticing any white dust but my VapBong definitely leaves water where it sits. It drains the water level noticeably over a couple days.
I don't leave water in mine but using it for several hours/all day leaves no sign of dampness. I think they're intended to be completely sealed with glaze inside.

passenger

is this thing on?
My regular one has always water in it, changed and cleaned on a routine, without signs of dampness. The faulty one I used with distilled water only but changed to tab water with the replacement. No ISO or anything, just water and sometimes a drop dish soap to clean.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah mine don't get moist on the outside either, I do have them sitting on soft coaster so I wouldn't know necessarily if there was a little bit on the bottom, but in my experience having left them with water for extended periods of time it was never an issue... There could potentially be condensation depending on the temperatures of the surroundings??

coolbreeze

Yeah mine don't get moist on the outside either, I do have them sitting on soft coaster so I wouldn't know necessarily if there was a little bit on the bottom, but in my experience having left them with water for extended periods of time it was never an issue... There could potentially be condensation depending on the temperatures of the surroundings??
I was just gonna say, I do get condensation if I put cold water in it.

coolbreeze

As requested, melted screen:
He brought the goods!

I'll be honest, the only screens I've seen like that are one from back in the smoking days that had been used, reused, torched ten times and reused again and again. I've had some I need to fold over to cover the holes, or move way off to the side to find a piece large enough to cover the bowl's hole.

That's not just a blasted screen, it's a blast from the past!

I have to ask, was it a heavily used screen? was it weak when you began your bowl?

It looks like someone took one hell of a hit!

coolbreeze,

PossumMD

I am not in a position where I can vape inside. Had been used a max of 3x before combustion.

PossumMD,

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
He brought the goods!

I'll be honest, the only screens I've seen like that are one from back in the smoking days that had been used, reused, torched ten times and reused again and again. I've had some I need to fold over to cover the holes, or move way off to the side to find a piece large enough to cover the bowl's hole.

That's not just a blasted screen, it's a blast from the past!

I have to ask, was it a heavily used screen? was it weak when you began your bowl?

It looks like someone took one hell of a hit!

Just like a stainless steel spring in a magazine, it is not compression that wears out the spring over time, but the heating & cooling of the spring. This is why I dont personally recommend tourching the screens but giving them a quick soak in iso, rinse, & dry to maintain the longevity of the screen life. Im assuming that the constant heating & cooling from normal use probably degrades the strength of these screens over time naturally to the point where a combustion would cause a screen to totally degrade & break...

Shit Snacks

Seems like the screen itself is somehow defective if it couldn't withstand normal temperatures although depending how high the temperature is how long slow the hit is I suppose the heat could build to a certain degree although a proper metal alloy should be fine so yeah only thing that seems to make sense ultimately to me at least!

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Did the price on these skyrocket or do I have a bad memory?

To aquire them in North America usually ranges from $500-$600 but when Collyland (the distributor) & Jaxel's Art (the artists) had a falling out, Collyland decided to liquidate stock at lower than what it cost to even produce. Maybe this is what your referring to?

Jaxel's Art is now its own company, with the artists setting their own pricing, and receiving all of the profits from their hard work going forward, which allows their family to survive and the Vapbong name to live on! 💪

Shit Snacks

Did the price on these skyrocket or do I have a bad memory?

The prices have fluctuated a lot over years, from the beginning, between the sales, and yes the liquidation sale... Now they are back to normal again which is pretty high because of the work put in, but also the performance

Top Bottom