Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anybody here who had a custom unit done?
Like you suggested an idea and they made a design of that? What are the "limits"?
Does that cost like an art edition, somewhere in that range or even more depending on complication?
I'm trying out this vapirtoo writing. :)

lol no I don't think anyone has, no one seems to take the opportunity while it was still open, because last year when it got really busy with the two big sales in 2020, so they have completely closed off custom orders (I had inquired when my 2020 Black Friday order had arrived broken if I could upgrade it to a custom bandit that had an octopus for the heater sphere, I shared my mock-up photo drawing here if you skim backwards btw) because they take too much time and energy to do, I'm sure they are very expensive though depending on how custom, especially if you look at some of the crazy designs that have been done in the past (check their Instagram and this thread)

Welcome to FC, I saw your other post in Ask FC, I don't know of anyone in this thread who has the mini standard actually... I have the mini OAB and standard OAB however, there is no difference in how hot or harsh the hits are, everything is just smaller all around :tup:
I have a oab and regular. The ideal temps are a little different. The OAB takes a higher temp and I prefer the ball placement on the regular Vapbong. But they’ll both hit the same. Like trucks.

Shit Snacks

I have a oab and regular. The ideal temps are a little different. The OAB takes a higher temp and I prefer the ball placement on the regular Vapbong. But they’ll both hit the same. Like trucks.

I was specifically talking about the mini versions btw, but yeah I have an old original OAB with the heater placed like the standard vapbong on the side, it's been a while so I need to use it again, mostly been using the new orientation with my other OAB and the mini... They all have different preferred running voltage for me too :tup:

JollyGreenGiant

Anybody here who had a custom unit done?
Like you suggested an idea and they made a design of that? What are the "limits"?
Does that cost like an art edition, somewhere in that range or even more depending on complication?
I'm trying out this vapirtoo writing. :)
I inquired about this, and they allegedly no longer do custom orders.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Here’s another function vid. This was around .1g or so, running at 11v fully heat soaked. This is pretty much how I use my Aromatizer these days. One giant hit immediately followed by a cleanup hit / clearing the chamber. Done.

Thanks for this timely video. I have been ignoring my VB for too long. The b1 has been taking all my attention recently but you vid inspired me to fire it up.

Love it.

Beautiful and functional. Very much like me....

Btownie

Solo II, VapBong "Tree Frog"
Newbie question: When I am warming up my vapbong, should I leave the empty bowl-ball on it to heat up? I thought I read that you should not keep them together when you aren't using the piece. Thanks in advance oh wise ones.

Btownie,
Reactions: BigJr48
@Btownie You should leave the bowl off the unit unless you’re actively hitting the vape. If you leave it on while heating up, it’ll eventually get too hot to touch.

I would also leave it off when the unit is turned off and idle. Especially if there’s water inside the unit. Apparently the water can condense up into the heater and potentially cause issues this way.

JollyGreenGiant

Well - @letter never sent hasn't steered me wrong thus far, and hit it out of the park with the TB recommendation - so I just ordered the Mini VapBong Art Edition in Cappuccino Ice. The style reminds me of Japanese Ceramic/Pottery designs and had been my favorite of this recent art edition drop. Hopefully, I can snag an even lower key OAB style at some point, like the Elephant.

cappucino-ice-mini.jpg

Shit Snacks

Well - @letter never sent hasn't steered me wrong thus far, and hit it out of the park with the TB recommendation - so I just ordered the Mini VapBong Art Edition in Cappuccino Ice. The style reminds me of Japanese Ceramic/Pottery designs and had been my favorite of this recent art edition drop. Hopefully, I can snag an even lower key OAB style at some point, like the Elephant.

Awesome choice, that is the one I was hoping you would grab, eventually! By the way the elephant is not an OAB style, it is a unique custom style, I think they did make two different elephants at two different times, but I may be thinking of a different art piece actually not 100% right now...

JollyGreenGiant

Awesome choice, that is the one I was hoping you would grab, eventually! By the way the elephant is not an OAB style, it is a unique custom style, I think they did make two different elephants at two different times, but I may be thinking of a different art piece actually not 100% right now...

Thanks! It was between the Cappuccino Ice and the Sonic - but it sounded like the Mini's hit just as hard, aren't any harsher, and the design on the Cappuccino Ice Mini is more laid back/lowkey. I figure one or two small faux Orchids kept in the stem - and the Cappuccino Ice Mini looks like a flower vase, so when it's not in use - it better blends into the scenery and adds a little additional "flair" if you will.

androponic

vaped.
Hey that light green two armed bandit that was last to go from Collyland and ended up being part of vgoodiez' recent drop, well the person that bought it needs money so it is for sale again in case anyone is interested!
https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/s8vodx
back up again for anyone interested its a beauty! from the seller:
“Only used once, going through tough times and just need the money. Pictures don’t do this thing justice. Willing to let it go for what I paid and I’ll include shipping. Thanks for looking.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/sade56

JollyGreenGiant

back up again for anyone interested its a beauty! from the seller:
“Only used once, going through tough times and just need the money. Pictures don’t do this thing justice. Willing to let it go for what I paid and I’ll include shipping. Thanks for looking.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/sade56
Anything special or superior about the 2 armed bandit, relative to the VapBong or one arm?

Shit Snacks

Anything special or superior about the 2 armed bandit, relative to the VapBong or one arm?

@NimChimpsky?? I saw you had the two-armed on your list, it is something you need at least, seems like a slightly longer mouthpiece dry path above the water (the other arm with the holes is just there it's not vapor path btw) and you get the bowl in the front so it's mostly a form factor thing?

NimChimpsky

@NimChimpsky??
Yea Snacks hit it, mostly just slight form factor differences. I think my two arm is the most beautiful and elegant in my arsenal so that's why I chose that one but it performs basically the same as a regular Bandit. So they are indeed 'special' but I would not say any model I own is 'superior'. Mine all function very similarly, all fantastic, with the Viking being the most unique in terms of performance due to its puck herb chamber (vs ball on the others).

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Is there a video or a best practice for cleaning an OAB? The VB is just a big open bong shape but I was surprised how narrow the down stem of the OAB is. I got a decent pair of bottle brushes so I guess I should just get some hot soapy water in the mix and see what happens to start with

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Janine recommended apple cider vinegar for cleaning. But i think youre asking about brush technique and not cleaning method. Shake and ISO works too
Thanks, that's a good call about the cider vinegar if it helps get rid of the sticky and doesn't make the ceramic smell. I'd prefer to avoid both ISO and shaking with my Collyland pieces I'm pretty sure

Top Bottom