Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Verax

It's Werking! :)

20191027-012421744-i-OS.jpg

Will post more later, but I just took my first rip out of it. (I accidentally left it at full temp, after I was doing a safety burn off (like I do with any new vape), and the hit was HUGE. Was not hot at all, left my bud a nice golden brown after one big hit, and it knocked me on my ass. I dig this thing! It's soooo different than anything else. The herb chamber is huge and awesome. Will write more after I use it more, and after I recover from that first hit! ;) Happy to answer any questions people have as well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Will post more later, but I just took my first rip out of it. (I accidentally left it at full temp, after I was doing a safety burn off (like I do with any new vape), and the hit was HUGE. Was not hot at all, left my bud a nice golden brown after one big hit, and it knocked me on my ass. I dig this thing! It's soooo different than anything else. The herb chamber is huge and awesome. Will write more after I use it more, and after I recover from that first hit! ;) Happy to answer any questions people have as well.

Fucking epic :rockon:

I know its kind of designed to be stirred but I'm curious how even the extraction is without stirring.

Also wondering how it ranks on the FLAVOR scale! :p

Verax

Fucking epic :rockon:

I know its kind of designed to be stirred but I'm curious how even the extraction is without stirring.

Also wondering how it ranks on the FLAVOR scale! :p

Heya! The heating seems pretty even, but there is one slightly darker spot, as you can see below. That does align with how the heater is positioned on my unit. I think I may be able to move it slightly more center, and I may try to do that at some point. For reference, in the photo below, that is 2 delta 3d studio scoops of weed, spread over the screen, and not stirred. I was at 8.9 volts, and took 4 hits. That darkness is my preferred for a vape session. The bowl could hold a massive amount of weed. I'll report back with some thoughts on min / max load, but I think we will probably find best results with the screen mostly / all covered.

20191026-DSC03428.jpg

On flavor - it seems great. I would say it's on par with any other top tier desktop vape through water. You lose a little flavor from the water, but the air path is just purely porcelain. It's a pleasant experience, and really... down to earth? I dunno, I feel something kind of primal with a big heavy porcelain piece.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

20191027-012421744-i-OS.jpg

Oooohhh. Beautiful Vapbong!

Thanks for the initial reports. I'm highly interested in your future posts once you've had a chance to get comfortable with it.

Verax

First off - I think this could probably be moved out of the "Upcoming and unreleased" section, and into the main thread, right? They have their website, on hand inventory, and everything works. :)

A few more notes after a couple more bowls.
  1. There is very little draw restriction. It's one of the most free flowing air paths of any vape I've tried. The only 2 inhibitors of airflow are about twenty (yes, 20) small holes for air intake into the heating chamber, and the herb chamber screen, which is about the size of my thumb. As you can see from the pictures above, both of those areas have amazing airflow, those holes on the heater are probably 1/8 inch or so. With 20 of those, you can pull in a huge amount of air.
  2. Stirring is optional. I'm using the grind out of a medium plate BCG, and using 2 scoops of a delta 3d studio scooper, spread across the screen. Right now, I'm "stirring" it with my finger once, half way through the bowl. (a "bowl" right now for me is 4-6 big draws). I don't really think it "needs" stirring, but since it's so new, I'm mostly just experimenting, and want to see what's going on in there between draws. ;)
  3. I don't like the voltage adapter. It uses a dial, which is difficult to dial in precise voltage because the dial is so small. Also, to turn it off, you spin the dial all the way to the far left on the knob. This means that you always have to re-find your voltage. As opposed to a dedicated power switch, and you could leave the dial at your desired voltage. My work around will be to attach this to a smart plug, so I can turn it on and off with Alexa. (which strikes me as an odd juxtaposition of technologies. Smart adapter driving a rather humble porcelain device... but I digress...)
  4. Ease of use. It's super easy to use, and seems really low maintenance. I just brush out the herb chamber after use while it's still warm, and everything comes off great. It's super easy to load / stir / unload, and you can use as much or as little material as you want. You really don't have to think about much while you are using it. (I've left herb in the weed chamber for 20 minutes while the unit was on, and no sign of any browning) So, that all adds up to a very nice, care-free experience, letting you focus on whatever else you are doing / thinking about.

That's it for now. I'm working on getting a setup for a usage video. I don't really do videos, so will take some trial and error logistically, and will likely be pretty terrible. :)

Got inspired, and took a couple more shots, including up inside the heating chamber:

20191027-DSC03482.jpg

20191027-DSC03509.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Verax I don't want to take you away from your video, your posts above just made me wonder: what about cleaning, did they give you instructions? Or are the inside meant to age and mellow over time, like a dutch coffeeshop? I LOVE the surface texture and colour of yours and to my eye, feels like a sculpture and could/should be displayed as art. After looking at these more than once I can't believe I just realised that this may be the most stealthy vape of ALL TIME!!! I guess I couldn't forget the snake, Bart Simpson & Cookie Monster type exteriors but Verax's images have made me see this vape in a new light and I'm really glad to hear the performance is there as well. Please give us more when you can!

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Damn, had somehow landed somewhere at an after hour few years back, the guys living there had this strange device, called it "The Donald". What I found quite embarrassing was the fact you couldn't get access to the heater and/or electronics other than breaking at least a part of the device. You have this sphere the material comes in, but the other of the vape is one single part fired clay with the electronics integrated. Maybe they have changed this?

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Ramahs

Alexis

but there is one slightly darker spo
That is a very acceptable dark spot, if we could even call it that IMO.

so I can turn it on and off with Alexa
Haha, "Alexa, turn on my Vapbong you bitch!" :lol:

I'm working
You mean, "I'm verking" right? ;)

I'm working on getting a setup for a usage video. I don't really do videos, so will take some trial and error logistically, and will likely be pretty terrible. :)
I'm sure you will get the hang of it pretty quick. And I'm sure we will thoroughly enjoy whatever you can paste together as we do your refreshingly warming and enthusiastic posts in every thread we see you.

Looking forward to hearing more. :tup:

Last edited:

Verax

@Verax I don't want to take you away from your video, your posts above just made me wonder: what about cleaning, did they give you instructions? Or are the inside meant to age and mellow over time, like a dutch coffeeshop? I LOVE the surface texture and colour of yours and to my eye, feels like a sculpture and could/should be displayed as art. After looking at these more than once I can't believe I just realised that this may be the most stealthy vape of ALL TIME!!! I guess I couldn't forget the snake, Bart Simpson & Cookie Monster type exteriors but Verax's images have made me see this vape in a new light and I'm really glad to hear the performance is there as well. Please give us more when you can!

There were no instructions whatsoever. On cleaning, I’m planning on just iso on the vapor path, and a quick iso dunk on the herb chamber. Totally agree on its stealth. It just looks like modern art.

Damn, had somehow landed somewhere at an after hour few years back, the guys living there had this strange device, called it "The Donald". What I found quite embarrassing was the fact you couldn't get access to the heater and/or electronics other than breaking at least a part of the device. You have this sphere the material comes in, but the other of the vape is one single part fired clay with the electronics integrated. Maybe they have changed this?

Yeah, that’s a great point. Maintenance might be difficult. I’m not sure how the heating element is attached. That being said, I doubt they form the ceramic around the heater in creation, but rather it’s more likely that they add it in after it’s fired in the kiln. (So it should be serviceable without breakage I would think) I am not sure though.

That is a very acceptable dark spot, if we could even call it that IMO.

Haha, "Alexa, turn on my Vapbong you bitch!" :lol:

You mean, "I'm verking" right? ;)

I'm sure you will get the hang of it pretty quick. And I'm sure we will thoroughly enjoy whatever you can paste together as we do your a warming and enthusiastic posts in every thread.

Looking forward to hearing more. :tup:

Thanks, this stuff is fun!

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Yeah, that’s a great point. Maintenance might be difficult. I’m not sure how the heating element is attached. That being said, I doubt they form the ceramic around the heater in creation, but rather it’s more likely that they add it in after it’s fired in the kiln. (So it should be serviceable without breakage I would think) I am not sure though.

Of course you're right here. Burning the ceramic with the heater and wires and stuff already inside shouldn't work. Would be interesting how they are assembling device and heater though :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Verax Great insights,looking forward to the video :)).
I know those PSU, i have one of them and it is as shitty as you mention and also it got worse with time ,i can almost swear by it, not even a gentle breeze is enough ot just a tap on the table to offset it half a volt. Sadly this is the case with most KNOB regulated stuff... i have 3 other models using a 10k potentiometer and one that uses 100k and they are a bit too easy to offset. I prefer buttons or multiturn potentiometers those tiny blue blocks that get regulated with a screwdriver.
If you are a tinker and not afraid of peeling a few wires i can recommend you which gear to get from ebay or somewhere else :),just shoot me a pm . IMO for you situation it is best to get a buckboost board with inbuilt multi turn trimmer/potentiometer. They are a bit annoying to adjust cause you need a tiny screwdriver,but at the same time they will never move from the number set. :).
Do you have a wattmeter (wallplug like kill-a-watt) ? Can you tel how much power draws at 9v or 12v ? if it is below 36w (3A) there are pretty comfy button operated options.(like this one http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/page-30#post-1418112)

Verax

@Verax Great insights,looking forward to the video :)).
I know those PSU, i have one of them and it is as shitty as you mention and also it got worse with time ,i can almost swear by it, not even a gentle breeze is enough ot just a tap on the table to offset it half a volt. Sadly this is the case with most KNOB regulated stuff... i have 3 other models using a 10k potentiometer and one that uses 100k and they are a bit too easy to offset. I prefer buttons or multiturn potentiometers those tiny blue blocks that get regulated with a screwdriver.
If you are a tinker and not afraid of peeling a few wires i can recommend you which gear to get from ebay or somewhere else :),just shoot me a pm . IMO for you situation it is best to get a buckboost board with inbuilt multi turn trimmer/potentiometer. They are a bit annoying to adjust cause you need a tiny screwdriver,but at the same time they will never move from the number set. :).
Do you have a wattmeter (wallplug like kill-a-watt) ? Can you tel how much power draws at 9v or 12v ? if it is below 36w (3A) there are pretty comfy button operated options.(like this one http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/page-30#post-1418112)

Yeah, I have a few PSU's, but I like this included one the least.

I use this one for all my log vapes:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EGYRP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cord on the Vapebong is not quite the right size to accomodate.

I'm pretty handy, and have my own workshop, and am comfortable with doing my own electrical work in my house, but I don't have a soldering iron, or do much with small electronics, other than build my own computers.

I'll likely try to investigate alternatives at some point. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Verax

OK, made a 10ish minute video on usage. Please excuse the quality, first time I've done anything like this. I felt compelled though, as it's a REALLY cool unit.

(it looks like the last couple of minutes got cut for some reason, but there wasn't much there anyway, hah!)

Happy to answer any questions, or take pics of anything in more detail. :)

Also... I missed the perfect opportunity for "It's Weerking!".

One other note: it came in a really nice pine box. :) Was a nice touch.

20191027-010609928-i-OS.jpg

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OK, made a 10ish minute video on usage. Please excuse the quality, first time I've done anything like this. I felt compelled though, as it's a REALLY cool unit.

(it looks like the last couple of minutes got cut for some reason, but there wasn't much there anyway, hah!)

Happy to answer any questions, or take pics of anything in more detail. :)

Also... I missed the perfect opportunity for "It's Weerking!".

One other note: it came in a really nice pine box. :) Was a nice touch.

20191027-010609928-i-OS.jpg
Great vid, Verax. Thanks for doing it. :tup:

Question: Why do you remove the bowl to clear the hit instead of just taking your thumb off of the carb?

:peace:

Verax

I just cleaned the bong part of this thing last night. It's a bit of a pain, compared to a separate water pipe, because you have electronics in with it. It's manageable, and I'm sure I'll find techniques to make it easier / better, but it was a little more work to make sure ISO, rinsing, etc did not get into the heating chamber, and the plug.

Still... I'm finding myself reaching for it over all my other vapes this evening.

Top Bottom