Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fyi. I officially had my Xoom account closed for trying to purchase from Collyland. Apparently It's their policy to punish both the store and the people who purchase from the store. It is not a total loss for me, but wanted to to warn others who may need the service for more than vapes.

I'm sending the warning as the sale didn't even go through. I only tried to pay. I just got an email saying my account was restricted. I got to write one email explaining that I was unaware seller was banned. Then they closed my account.

I am frustrated that there is still not a good avenue to spend money across countries for these items.

Also love Daniel! They were great and totally patient and understanding. This is all a Xoom issue. Collyland slays it daily.

Wow Xoom sound like a garbage company, I'm fortunate my bank made it easy for me, I think that may be the best avenue to pay...

Sucks to hear about these payment issues. We're all just trying to buy some art. :)

Still living around 10v here... yes, the power supply gets pretty warm, but I'm not too worried about it. I do keep it on a hardwood floor in a well ventilated area. My unit currently lives on a coffee table next to a couch in my chill space - that's where I always use it.

Tonight I turned the power supply on at 11v, and it settled around 10.2v. I usually turn the vape on when I get home from work, but it's often 2+ hours until I actually use it. I typically fill the bong with 10oz of water, lately it's been distilled. The water gets dumped out every night before I go to bed.

Loaded up around .1g and basically killed it in one hit. Nice clouds, great taste, and no irritation at all. Seems like I've got things pretty well dialed in at this point!

The second hit on that bowl was pretty light, and the third hit produced almost no vapor and a completely toasted flavor, even after dumping the load and crushing it up very finely before the final hit. Even medium brown AVB. This is how extraction should be. I love this thing! Just the perfect fixture/centerpiece in my rotation, with the best ritual.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
@letter never sent - Amen, brother!

Perfect extraction from the Aromatizer at (almost) any volume / voltage.

To all my friends Play with voltage and the load sizes. I was dialed in with huge loads (0.25 to 1.00gr) at 10.0v. That's the ONLY way I used it for over a month straight. I got a wild hair and did a tiny load (under 0.10 gr) at 10.7. Then I did some ground herb (I usually do hand torn nugs). Very enjoyable. That was a long time ago. Now, I just do whatever comes up.

This thing is a beast and almost impossible to screw up. Once you understand the airflow, water levels, when to remove oven nut, use of carb, etc. It's very forgiving. Just communicate with the device - check your roast, interact with the cannabis, mess with the water, stick your finger in there, crush it between your fingers, smell it, taste it, love the herb, love the bong, love yourself.

If I'm on the ball and paying attention I can go anywhere from 8.5v to 11.5v and 0.08gr to 1.5gr with full extraction and no burn. That's not bragging. It's praise of the device. It's flexible, forgiving, designed beautifully and easy to use.

Most other vape devices have preset low, med, high settings. The bowls are set to a specific size. They click on and off. Not these pieces of art. Explore the freedom, variety, and personalization the Aromatizer offers.

vapirtoo

Almost impossible to screw up!
Indeed, I almost lost my precious by hitting the
table with my butt and hearing a hissss as the water
from the bowl ran into my heating coil because my
VB had fallen 20 inches onto the.... RUG!..... Whew no worries.
11.0-11.7 are my main temps after 3 months of daily use.
All other vapes are shelved except my launch box.
Everyone that uses the VB wants one!

notams

toke down Babylon
@vapirtoo Nooooo! It literally fell off the table? Jee-zuz! That's scared me just reading it. The hissing sound of water in the heater, wow, scary. That'll haunt me. Everything cool now?

I bumped mine super hard and splashed water out of the down spout into my AVB dump bowl. It looked really cool when i moved it around. The water sort of floats under the AVB and makes it look like lava. I wouldn't suggest either bumping your device or spilling water - but, I would recommend putting a bit of water in your AVB bowl just for gits and shiggles. I held the bowl in my hand and swirled it around for waaay too long, sort of hypnotic. Pain in the ass to clean it up though.

cptofnthng

after using my OAB for a month every other day, i gotta say, its almost too heavy hitting for me. and i tend to vape more weed once its running, because of the ease of drawing, the nice bubbling, etc. but im also a bit paranoid while using it, afraid to drop the bowl/eye. i think it will only be a every once in a while vape for me.

vapirtoo

Great piece there Taz. Crisp picture!
NoTams
All is good after the 28 inch freefall of my precious; the sacred nut was not involved.
WTF! The heater coil seems unaffected, and I now keep it in the middle of the table
as my wife instructed me to do eventhough it makes hitting it awkward with leaning in
over the table.( whips in the future? )
CPTO.....
I know what you mean about overkill ease. Sorry but you will not be able
to stay away unless you have ironclad discipline. I gave up and in and now rarely
turn my VB off.
I have started grinding my herb just to get that heavy hit right from the start.
Hand shredding is ok, but a rough grind really brings out the surface area.

Ripstar

@vapirtoo When you say "rough grind" what do you mean?

I have a Brilliant Cut Grinder medium plate and I find it too fine for my taste. Anyone have experience with BCG coarse in the Aromatizer?

Edit: adding - "Rough Grind" is a great name for a punk rock band.
I like it for smaller loads. I have been enjoying my new flowermill, which can do a much larger grind depending on your plate, which has been great for the OAB

Anyone have experience with BCG coarse in the Aromatizer?
Yes! I have tried all 3 plates and I definitely prefer the coarse one. The medium and fine plates aren’t terrible either but I think coarse is best. I feel like a grinder delivers really big hits and the ability to finish a bowl quickly.

Also, this is one of the only times I really like to use the coarse plate so I just like to have the opportunity :lol:

But hand “grinding” is really fun too and a different experience. It’s nice to handle the herb and remove needing one more element for a session. It’s a more connected experience and it takes me back to the old days before I even thought about using a fancy device to consume!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I use my medium plate, without flipping upside down at all like I normally do, the grind is pretty coarse for me, perfect for my bandits although it really does depend on the herbs themselves... I've had it work well with a finer grind and more coarse, though neither were preferable to me for a go to...

Last edited:

vapirtoo

My coarse grind is like sesame seed size bits eventhough I just read a thread in here about the slow ritual
of hand shredding and carefully separating and unfolding individual buds and leaves. I could get into that,
but now my rough grind is great.
HaHa I used rough because I forgot how to spell "coarse".
Hey Notams
Rough grind sounds like Gov. Cuomo.

realmoosesoup

Rough grind sounds like Gov. Cuomo.

rimshot GIF

Nice.

I've been lurking for a while but finally put in the order this week. Looks like payment went through, and now need to hold my breath on shipping to the US. NY, actually (land of the rough grind).
I saw a video of Dr. Colly himself suggesting not grinding. Separating some bud, then after some initial vaping, taking it out and crushing it. The first few hits should dry it out, so crushing it should expose more surface area.
I got a boomers stainless steel grinder recently. I really liked it in concept, but the output is pretty coarse. I tried that in some of my other devices and it didn't work great, but I'm thinking it'll work well in the vapbong chamber. The grinder itself it just a bunch of sharp blades, so it's more of a slicer. Kind of an interesting design, but there's no swapping plates to change the grind.
Anyway, back to scrolling through the thread until the shipping notification, then I can obsess on that.

notams

toke down Babylon
@realmoosesoup Welcome! Great to have you here.

Not to get too deep in the weeds on the whole grinding thing, but...

I hate when I'm done pulling a bud apart and my fingers are sticky and dusty - that's medicine, expensive medicine, wasted. Same thing with the grinder. After a few ounces I'll do a deep clean and scrape off sticky gunk. Shit. That was medicine, expensive medicine, wasted.

So, I try to manipulate and molest the bud as little as possible whether with my fingers or a grinder, thus my interest in / purchase of the BCG coarse grinder.

However, there is another option that I often utilize. Another "grind" option: do nothing. Just use the small nugs that are pinky fingrrnail size. This is a pic of some stuff I bought recently:

Note how many pieces are perfect to just pop in and many others only need to be pulled in half. So, if you buy from a dispensary that allows you to view the product prior to purchase select the popcorn nugs for another "grinding" option - the do nothing option.

Edit: adding - oh, and I'm slumming, this shit was cheap $79/oz (!!). But... It's WOOORKING.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I hate when I'm done pulling a bud apart and my fingers are sticky and dusty - that's medicine, expensive medicine, wasted. Same thing with the grinder. After a few ounces I'll do a deep clean and scrape off sticky gunk. Shit. That was medicine, expensive medicine, wasted.

There’s probably more medicine wasted in one unabsorbed exhalation than what would get stuck to your fingers. Anything you blow out is medicine that didn’t absorb.

vapirtoo

As I remember, Dr. Colly was trying to stretch his stash by not grinding. My stash
has gotten better, so I can waste some medicine now and then. Sticky fingers are
troublesome, so it is better the less bud you touch. Notams popcorn buds is a great work around.
Hey Moose,
we have all been there stalking the delivery people, fiending for that package.
The wait and frustration will be worth it!
I'm still rocking 11.4-11.7 all day and night.

realmoosesoup

> $79/oz
Really? Damn. I actually drive up to MA to buy periodically. NY is legal now, but it'll be forever until there are rec sales here. After taxes, it's like $400/oz, if you buy an oz with bulk discount. Otherwise it's like $50-60 for 1/8oz, pre-tax. Now, I'm not really a heavy weed consumer, and I'm thankful that stuff is available. Still, though, really hoping prices go down when NY, NJ, and CT come online.

>Same thing with the grinder.
I have a big plastic grinder from Storz & Bickel. It actually works pretty great to break it up for their devices, but if the weed is remotely sticky, it's just gunked in there. I usually bust that thing out once every few weeks, and the first thing is brushing off the dried film that the last grind left. It's a fair bit of material. The boomers grinder is different. Basically razor sharp teeth. The output is somewhere between buds you pull apart and a classic grinder, so I'm hopeful it'll break up the buds without leaving a lot of material inside.

> As I remember, Dr. Colly was trying to stretch his stash by not grinding. My stash has gotten better, so I can waste some medicine now and then.
I'd have to dig up the video, but his argument was that if you really grind it up, you'll get big clouds early, but a lot of what's in the vapor isn't absorbed and you exhale it. If you take it in slower, you'll absorb more of it over time. That's what I remember, anyway. I only watched it a few days ago but can't find it. Anyway...

Excited to be here! Looking forward to trying out the device.

SatanLovestoVape

I have been vaping whole nugs in my OAB lately. It does not work right away, but after the second puff, the vapor production is unstoppable. The flavor of vaping whole nugs makes my taste buds dance. After a couple of hits, it is time to break the nug up naturally by hand. I grind it up, and the bud is still chunky enough to cover the screen. Another round of vapor production begins. Whenever that stops producing vapor, I take the herb out and grind it my fine BCG as my last round.

notams

toke down Babylon
@realmoosesoup $400/oz? Ouch! My prices are medical, Colorado, per purchase limit is 2oz I usually get a full lid of the $150 then 2 half lids of the $135's. That'll set me up for a few weeks. So, about $10 per day - which blows my mind when I do the math. Damn, I spend a lot on this shit. Then I blow out a tasty exhale turn up the music* and think, "what was I saying?"

*in this case : Richie Havens, Live at the Cellar Door. Excellent album, I highly recommend.

@invertedisdead re: exhaling medicine. I've often wondered what the "absorption" rate is for vaping. I've heard or read somewhere that the actual amount of medicine we truly end up with is much less than we'd like to think. Sad, huh?

Top Bottom