Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Kins

Still waiting on them to get their credit card processor fixed so I can pay. Just hoping the timing is good because I rarely have the money to purchase something so expensive.

Kins,
Reactions: fak

BestBuds

The Dude
l5IbxIm.jpg

GUESS WHAT GOT HERE! :rockon:Holy shit, I am blown away by the beauty and craftsmanship. I cannot wait to break it in!
My favorite glaze. Unbelievably beautiful my dude.

jbm

I’d avoid temp stepping with this device, much better keeping the same temperature for each session and experimenting with dosage, grind consistency and draw speed instead.
I agree. It's hard to really give definitive voltage levels with these, there's so many variables: the construction unique to each individual device, the ambient temperature, the grind (or lack thereof - this thing is great with just a nug tucked inside the oven,) the amount of water in it, to name just a few. Plus all the usual convection variables like draw speed etc. It's not a great device if you're looking for precision, but on the other hand you can spend a lot of time experimenting, enjoying, and really making it your own. No two of these is really alike, I would imagine. As such it gives a certain meditative ritual quality to its use.

NimChimpsky

I’d avoid temp stepping with this device, much better keeping the same temperature for each session and experimenting with dosage, grind consistency and draw speed instead.
Yea draw speed is a crucial way to control the hit. I set my voltage where a very slow draw will get my AVB dark brown (~11-11.7V). I often start a fresh bowl with a moderately fast draw and slow each subsequent draw down till the last one is very slow - sort of mimics temp stepping.

Also, I find you dont necessarily have to cover the screen completely either. Someone posted a pic before where they just filled the back half of the bowl/screen (where that darker spot sometimes gets on slower draws) to get more of an even 'one-hitter' type session. I've had success with this also, though I normally just fill the whole bowl up and stir every hit or 2.

Freaking love these things.. and loving the pics!! The Monsoon and Pagoda glazes are gorgeous!

DogBoy

know fear
...there is definatly more of a Jamacian than German aspect going on here...

...I was kindly informed that my order is GTG...

pigstoleo

Relax mate, aren't they thinking for us when splitting shipments? Refer to quotes below:

Don't worry. I think Daniel doesn't send them all out to America in one day. He wants to avoid getting the attention of customs. Customs doesn't re-pack it securely enough when they open it up. So Daniel will split the shipping to America into two or three days. We want everything to reach you in one piece. Love Janine

After Australia everything goes normally. Don't worry, Daniel has to ship two pallets further. He has prepared everything and sends all packages out one by one. If you have not received a shipment message today, it will come. We know that. The anticipation makes you feel quite anxious. 😁

Mine's still in germany although it was picked up by UPS on the 23rd (2nd pallet shipment batch i believe). 🤣 Still excited, but I don't mind the wait, am just thankful that I get to own the Aromatizer at all. Their decision to space out shipments surely benefits us from lowering the risk of a broken vapbong and a longer wait.

Cheers to them for doing so for us. 🤙🏻

As Janine said, it will arrive after all. 😌
Shan't we be thankful for that alone. 😛

I'm sorry to hear that your order happened to be on the 3rd pallet shipment.

I'm not sure if it is dependent on luck or if we are ordered by our order date/time.

Either way, take heart mate! I'm pretty sure you'll recieve your Aromatizer earlier than I will anyway (Australia 🤣🇦🇺✨).

Enjoy when it comes 🤭

Peace friends ✌️

Last edited:

DogBoy

know fear
...I am cool with whatever pallet it is on...as long as it is on one...!!!...

...methinks is is pretty savvy the shipping, eh...mine was one of the last ordered...

...they even honored my 2ed order change request and hooked me up with a Pagoda Green aromatizer...

...they had been removed as a pre order option and I had ordered an Obsidian one...but I had originaly ordered Cappacino Mint...

...I had not noticed that they had responded a month ago...they must be used to stoners though...

...I was afraid there was some problem with payment or that he was good buddies with cluad43 or something...

Last edited:

pigstoleo

...I am cool with whatever pallet it is on...as long as it is on one...!!!...

...methinks is is pretty savvy the shipping, eh...

...they even honored my 2ed order change request and hooked me up with a Pagoda Green aromatizer...

...they had been removed as a pre order option and I had ordered an Obsidian one...

...I had not noticed that they had responded a month ago...
Aye, sounds a dream mate, good on you for that. 😁

Such surprises are always welcome aren't they. 😉
Just saw the pagoda green, its a beaut fosure.

I have yet to recieve my first Aromatizer, still I'm already thinking how beautiful it'll be if there was a Van Gogh's starry starry night art edition. 🌃

Hopefully Janine and Daniel could help me out with that when I'm ready for a custom art Aromatizer. 🤭

DogBoy

know fear
...methinks that sounds like a great Idea...!!!...I would like to steal it for a custom bandit...!!!...

...IMHO the Aromatizer would be a good format for the concept...maybe less so the 'Bandit...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is actually a glaze called starry night, it is a dark blue with green splotches from the melting pebbles, some people also thought that the night sky glaze looks van gogh, it is dark blue with grey splotches, then there is also Koi Pond for blue with green and orange, or possibly the blue azure... There are a lot of variety if you look up the mayco glazes, but you never know how they're going to come out each individual time, and they run out so they don't always have everything in stock. Always different depending on the timing, and I think they are specifically limiting now to use only consistent glazes they are more comfortable with so they know they don't have as much risk to make them... Customs are also a big if for now, but yeah if you just keep an eye out, you may find one for sale already made in a glaze that looks like what you want!

pigstoleo

...methinks that sounds like a great Idea...!!!...I would like to steal it for a custom bandit...!!!...

...IMHO the Aromatizer would be a good format for the concept...maybe less so the 'Bandit...

I was thinking that the Aromatizer could be in the form of the cypress tree in starry starry night, but with a starry starry night glaze. (Not sure the practicality or if it is possible yet.)

I'm sure Janine and Daniel will be able to advise and help us achieve our custom art editions when we are ready for our next Aromatizer. It was such an amazing idea for them to produce custom/art pieces - I can see myself developing VAS but only for different glazes and editions of Collyland aromatizers, instead of wanting after different devices. 🤣

If a device works and you love how it works, it works! Art collecting however... Could never have enough of these maybe 😛

There is actually a glaze called starry night, it is a dark blue with green splotches from the melting pebbles, some people also thought that the night sky glaze looks van gogh, it is dark blue with grey splotches, then there is also Koi Pond for blue with green and orange, or possibly the blue azure... There are a lot of variety if you look up the mayco glazes, but you never know how they're going to come out each individual time, and they run out so they don't always have everything in stock. Always different depending on the timing, and I think they are specifically limiting now to use only consistent glazes they are more comfortable with so they know they don't have as much risk to make them... Customs are also a big if for now, but yeah if you just keep an eye out, you may find one for sale already made in a glaze that looks like what you want!
Oh wow, sorry the page just updated. Thanks for the info shitsnacks!! You really are the most knowledgeable about 420 paraphernalia 🤣 I would like to thank you for your other posts on FC threads too! They are really helpful. Cheers mate 😁🤙🏻

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh wow, sorry the page just updated. Thanks for the info shitsnacks!! You really are the most knowledgeable about 420 paraphernalia 🤣 I would like to thank you for your other posts on FC threads too! They are really helpful. Cheers mate 😁🤙🏻

Haha thank you for the kind words! There are definitely many other FC members with more knowledge than I, but it is an honor to be considered among them! I try to give back to the FC community I learned from

Oh by the way you can use the "quote" button on the bottom of each post, to collect posts, and then in the field at the bottom when you type your post there is the "insert quote" button, so you can reply to multiple people in one post instead of back to back posts (also good to have you here!) :tup:

notams

toke down Babylon
Loving all the new arrivals. Keep the pics coming.

Word for newbies... Don't worry about combusting. It happens. It's easily cleaned up and remedied. And... It will not happen at all after a few days.

I burnt several loads in the first week. But, not once since then and I run a LOT through mine. Seriously, 5 fires in the first few days then absolutely zero for 2 months plus after that.

It becomes very intuitive to get the right tempo. Just dance with her for a while and you'll get the same rhythm. Voltage? To nug or grind? Whip or not? Fast or slow inhale? Water or no water? When to remove the ball? Carb issues. When to stir? .... Oh, it's so fun discovering how all the variables dance together.

Happy discoveries fellow dongbongatizers.

.d

Tried it without water to feel the taste better, I do not recommend it unless inhaling reaaaally slow... It's kind of too strong/warm to be enjoyed the same. Destroyed me in a good way, but I think I will sacrifice a little flavour for the easy use :)

Any tips for changing the screens? I am kinda scared to just remove the screen, anybody got any info from collyland on screen changing? I only got 1 in the package and saw that you can clean it with a flame jet torch (hope the vertigo is ok) but I didn't see how to remove it from the bowl first heh.

Shit Snacks

Tried it without water to feel the taste better, I do not recommend it unless inhaling reaaaally slow... It's kind of too strong/warm to be enjoyed the same. Destroyed me in a good way, but I think I will sacrifice a little flavour for the easy use :)

Any tips for changing the screens? I am kinda scared to just remove the screen, anybody got any info from collyland on screen changing? I only got 1 in the package and saw that you can clean it with a flame jet torch (hope the vertigo is ok) but I didn't see how to remove it from the bowl first heh.

Just push it through, it is soft enough you will have to reshape it again, eventually it will need to be replaced. I prefer to use iso alcohol and rinse with water instead of torch myself... And if you search in the thread at the top for screens, you should find several links to buy spares! I got mine from Delta 3D Studios, and they are nicely rigid and the coarseness of the mesh seems to need minimal cleaning somehow so they last a while before I need to swap and I have plenty to do so :tup:

Last edited:

stonedmallone

not that I'm able to get one right now, but which model should I get? the original or the one armed one? which do you guys prefer

stonedmallone,

NimChimpsky

not that I'm able to get one right now, but which model should I get? the original or the one armed one? which do you guys prefer
Truly, both are wonderful. I think I slightly prefer the Bandit form factor - if/when I get a 3rd it will likely be a Bandit. However, I use both regularly - fired up my Aromatizer (VB) last night and was blown away as always by the performance.

stonedmallone

Truly, both are wonderful. I think I slightly prefer the Bandit form factor - if/when I get a 3rd it will likely be a Bandit. However, I use both regularly - used my Aromatizer (VB) last night and was blown away as always by the performance.
amazing, may I ask why you prefer the bandit?

stonedmallone,

NimChimpsky

amazing, may I ask why you prefer the bandit?
I mainly vape at my desk and the Bandit is easier to hit while seated - I have to stand or tilt my Aromatizer to hit it seated at my (rather tall) desk. Also the airflow is slightly more restricted (still very open though) compared to the VB, which is I think the widest airflow vape I've ever used. Again, I'd fight to the death for the honor of either.

fak

The Dude
Looks like my package won't be making it tomorrow as initially indicated, it's still @ the airport in Koeln waiting to leave German customs :(

Top Bottom