Cloudius Atomic9

Bazinga

I have twice used the Atomic9. Hate the 2 minute shutoff - a real PITA !! I must say that for an inexpensive vaporizer it does do the job. Haven't tried the grinder yet.

Bazinga,
Reactions: arb

chillmike

I have staunchly held the same line until recently I bought a Vivant Ambit at similar price point and I'll just say I am not disappointed. While I would not want it as my daily driver, it is really small and great to take out and about and should it need to be ditched it's less than a Dynavap M and a Stash.

hey whats up yamon? now i know this might be a little off topic (on topic: anybody with more prolonged usage for the atomic9? at first glance, it looked like a cheap knockoff of the cap, like others mentioned, but after looking deeper, it looks like it might be promising, but was hoping to find more user experience here), but i was intrigued by what you said about the Vivant Ambit... I too own one, and am dumbfounded how more people aren't suggesting it for a perfect cheap portable option... I found it to be an amazingly good quality vape for how cheap it is, the only downside being the battery, but is to be expected due to how cheap it is... I think it's best described as a spiritual brother to the Fury/Fury Edge family, with it accomplishing harder hits even! that's the main reason I use it over my Edge, when I want a faster extracted, bigger hits sesh (of course, I get like 10-12 amazing hits from the Edge on a sesh/bowl, and a little more than half that for the Ambit). Plus, dosing caps, and the Fury Vape Press, as well as the glass stems that dont use the adapter, that go straight into the Fury bowl, with the glass screens in them, all are interchangeable with the Ambit as well, which is amazing.... anyways, I saw that you also owned a Vivant Alternative. I was wondering how you thought that vape performed and if you could compare it at all, and if it was at all worth looking into, if I enjoy the Ambit as much as I do... just haven't found many who have owned both, so was just wondering what your thoughts were on it? anyways, as far as the atomic9 goes, the removeable residue/cooling chambers sound good (im guessing this is part of the vapor path), especially since that makes it possible for alternative material replacements, meaning alternatives for the vapor path... am i right on that? and what is the material they have standard for that removeable chamber?? and i am especially curious about the mouthpiece cooling pathway... is it actually good? is there actually a maze to make it cooler, or did i misunderstand that? and for the dual layer heating... is it actually better? how much better is it compared to normal conduction, if you're more of a convection user?? does it really provide vapor that is satisfying to a convection-lover? really want to hear more of a detailed evaluation on this vape, since if its good, it's a really affordable option, and would like to know if it's worthy of recommendation at all....

chillmike,

junny89

Honestly no idea mate, all I know is that there is a cooling chamber In the middle you can remove and the mouth piece is pretty funky and there seems to be a zig zag path to cool the vapor.
Still runs hot at high temps but it’s still a sturdy entry vaporiser. Again I was aiming more for the grinder but they had a combo sale on. Couldn’t resist. Again for the price pretty cool and cleaning is pretty easily done too. That removable chamber in the middle really does help.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
hey whats up yamon? now i know this might be a little off topic (on topic: anybody with more prolonged usage for the atomic9? at first glance, it looked like a cheap knockoff of the cap, like others mentioned, but after looking deeper, it looks like it might be promising, but was hoping to find more user experience here), but i was intrigued by what you said about the Vivant Ambit... I too own one, and am dumbfounded how more people aren't suggesting it for a perfect cheap portable option... I found it to be an amazingly good quality vape for how cheap it is, the only downside being the battery, but is to be expected due to how cheap it is... I think it's best described as a spiritual brother to the Fury/Fury Edge family, with it accomplishing harder hits even! that's the main reason I use it over my Edge, when I want a faster extracted, bigger hits sesh (of course, I get like 10-12 amazing hits from the Edge on a sesh/bowl, and a little more than half that for the Ambit). Plus, dosing caps, and the Fury Vape Press, as well as the glass stems that dont use the adapter, that go straight into the Fury bowl, with the glass screens in them, all are interchangeable with the Ambit as well, which is amazing.... anyways, I saw that you also owned a Vivant Alternative. I was wondering how you thought that vape performed and if you could compare it at all, and if it was at all worth looking into, if I enjoy the Ambit as much as I do... just haven't found many who have owned both, so was just wondering what your thoughts were on it? anyways, as far as the atomic9 goes, the removeable residue/cooling chambers sound good (im guessing this is part of the vapor path), especially since that makes it possible for alternative material replacements, meaning alternatives for the vapor path... am i right on that? and what is the material they have standard for that removeable chamber?? and i am especially curious about the mouthpiece cooling pathway... is it actually good? is there actually a maze to make it cooler, or did i misunderstand that? and for the dual layer heating... is it actually better? how much better is it compared to normal conduction, if you're more of a convection user?? does it really provide vapor that is satisfying to a convection-lover? really want to hear more of a detailed evaluation on this vape, since if its good, it's a really affordable option, and would like to know if it's worthy of recommendation at all....
If you already own an Ambit, I'd recommend going for a quality portable over another cheap throwaway. Now if we could get back on topic?

YaMon,

floribud

I picked up one of these about 3 weeks ago. Thanks to VapoSpy and DankRiot it was $48 shipped. First off yeah, I don't think anything in the sub $60 range can touch it for vapor quality and efficiency. It can rip though a bowl pretty quickly. However, I don't really like it on high temps for very long. As always I've been looking for the perfect dog walking vape. Something I can slip in my shorts and use inconspicuously. First I tried the Pax3, but the bowls too big and it takes to long to work through it, unless you crank it up super high(but then it tastes like ass) and finally it smells loudly. Never sure what neighbor I might run into and the Pax just literally stinks. Tried the Airvape XsGo and that thing just doesn't taste right after a minute or so (but I liked the cooling mouthpiece) Tried the VLeaf Go, but the bowls too small and I find it unusable without some glass. Then for a while I was using the Yocan Vane. I thought I really liked the Vane. The heater is quick, at low temps it's not too hot and the flavor was pretty good for something that super tiny and light as a feature. However, there's no really cooling in the mouthpiece. So if you like to "finish off" at a high temp it could get painful. So then I learned about the atomic9 and it's cooling chamber. Sure it's made of silicone, but I figured why not, options are limited when your making a palmable vape. Anyway, it turned out the Atomic 9 is just about perfect. I've been doing two sessions at 35? whatever the low setting is, and then a 39? or 410 to finish it off depending on my mood. After these 3 6 miniute sessions my herb basically looks like coffee grounds, yet it's only right at the end where it loses flavor. That hybrid heater and the cooling path really work well together.

Sure there are issues. You'll only get 6-7 two minute sessions (2 bowls) for each charge, so this definitely not for the heavy hitters. The LEDs are way too dim to see in any kind of daylight. And finally the temp numbers (printed on the side)I so small I have no idea of what they are. Seems to take about 45 seconds or soo to heat up, slower than most newer vapes. The scoop doesn't work well since the mouthpiece is on a hinge and only opens up 90º so you'll probably have trouble scooping out of your grinder, and finally, even if you do scoop up enough herd you'll still need some kind of tool (at least a toothpick) to get your herb in the chamber.

Having said that I have a tamp-n-scoop from Delta3DStudios. two scoops(maybe 1.5) of that will fill the bowl. I generally use a coarse or medium grind and I don't tamp much. Sometimes just tap it to make sure the herb is filling up the gaps. Going with tight pack makes the airflow too restricted and probably would interfere with the convection. As long as grind is at least medium and very loosely tamped, there's great airflow and flavor AND it cooks remarkably evenly, with no need to stir. Overall this is now my number 1 dog walking vape, and sometimes I even use it in the house. I'm just really surprised but at the low setting it brings out tons of flavor. After using this for a while I tried but couldn't go back to the Vane, the cooling mouthpiece is just so comparatively civilized. Even when set to much higher temps than the Vane. Anyway hoping Cloudius reworks the Hydrology with perhaps a bigger version new hybrid bowl, more than 2 minute sesh time and decent battery life ... I'd pre-order that!

floribud,

gangababa

Well, I ordered an Atomic 9 vaporizador.

In Uruguay, choice of vaporizadores is limited and prices are high due to a 60% tariff.
Curiously, for country with legal cannabis, aduana (customs) prohibits me from ordering vaporizers, but some can be found locally.
I ordered from Vaporseni.com, located near Montevideo.
A Mighty costs $510, a DaVinci IQ is $360, a Boundless CFX is $255 while a Pax 2 costs $230.
This device cost me $100 US, but I did get COD delivery on a Sunday no less.

I have not loaded it yet. It was on the charger for perhaps 45 minutes and has been cycled empty a few times.
The vape feels fine in the hand; the heating chamber seems smaller than the Airistech Herbva X or the Airvape XS Go.

Cloudious apparently changed the cooling chamber design. This unit is two pieces without a screw-on metal cap; there are no threads on the other part.
In the two part cooling chamber, the soft silicone center piece has a vapor path that zig-zags up and down around it's circumference. From there the vapor continues inside the plastic mouthpiece. Purists will not want this vape.
Apparently air enters the vape through four tiny holes seen on the residue tray side, to pass through the load as it is used.

The cooling chamber can be put into place with the vapor path aimed directly at the mouthpiece opening, or rotated to be aimed at the sloping side of the mouthpiece. The inside of the mouthpiece can be wiped clean with a cotton swab and ISO.
Four tiny Philips screws hold the two part mouthpiece plastic together (shell and cooling chamber/ hinge plate).
Disassembling the entire vape likely requires removing three visible pins on the sides.
Air holes and one silver pin (below hinge) seen in the picture. My vape also has pins at the bottom, both sides.
24280222_907251e9-ed16-4cbb-96eb-d38c135fb6fd_1024x.jpg

gangababa,

floribud

Purists will not want this vape.
Apparently air enters the vape through four tiny holes seen on the residue tray side, to pass through the load as it is used.
Yeah silicone and plastic are not the parts everyone is looking for, but as long as you grind coarsely and don't pack it too tight, I think this is a wonderfully performing personal vape. The 2 minute cycle and short battery life won't make it good for sharing but the silicone cooling maze is effective. I don't see "big clouds" but my ABV is nice and dark, so I'm assuming the cooling path helps a lot of the vapor to stay inside me, sort of like the Firefly, rather than being exhaled. Let me know what you think of it when you give it a try...

floribud,

gangababa

A few days of use and a few observations, while reserving judgement due to too few uses.

First, the 'bowl' volume of the Atomic 9 is virtually the same as the volume of my Airistech Herbva X, my Airvape XS Go, and my Solo stem.
I packed each of the latter three, then removed and repacked into the Atomic 9. Essentially all four are the same. But not all vapes are the same.
The Atomic 9 darkens the cannabis as much as does the XS Go, which is a harder hitting vape.

My limited experience with the four mentioned vapes and with an original DaVinci Ascent, I see considerable differences in how much resin collects in the vape and not in my lungs.

My Solo stems collect a lot of resin but they are easily cleaned. The Solo is very easy to fill, clean and maintain.
The Ascent is the worst for getting sticky around the bowl, the seals and in the stem. It is the most difficult vape to maintain and clean.

The Herbva X is easiest to fill due to its flat metal top surface, and the bowl has remained the whitest. Considering the stems short length and straight draw, it is not too hot. The stem cleans easily in an alcohol soak. This vape fails to deeply darken the load, even at highest temperatures.

The XS Go mouthpiece gets blocked with resin and needs be soaked in alcohol, but the vape itself, with its easily filled bowl, doesn't become sticky. However, either heat, alcohol or both have caused the soft-touch finish to flake off of the plastic case near the bowl. The mouthpieces actually melt from heat.

I have not been successful trying to clean the already stained Atomic 9 bowl; the cooling chamber hasn't yet needed cleaning.
I will applaud the Atomic 9 cooling chamber; it works. I have stepped up the temps over six minutes ending at the highest temperature and I have vaped fresh bowls at the highest temperature. The vapor has not been hot. When I open the still hot vape to empty it, I can flick anything off the filter with a finger, the cooling chamber and the empty bowl are not dangerously hot to the touch, unlike (say) a Solo stem.

The Atomic 9 feels good in the hand. The cleaning chamber is is not easy to remove and one risks scratching the metal finish. I am not fond of the hinged cover design which, as with the Ascent, gets in the way when cleaning the vape.
The scoop!? Well, I have no use for this gimmick and wonder if it can be removed. The silver button for sliding the scoop looks like it could be a screw.

Now I am off for more field testing.

gangababa,

floribud

The XS Go mouthpiece gets blocked with resin and needs be soaked in alcohol, but the vape itself, with its easily filled bowl, doesn't become sticky. However, either heat, alcohol or both have caused the soft-touch finish to flake off of the plastic case near the bowl. The mouthpieces actually melt from heat.
I've got and XS Go too, and after about 1 minute I start tasting weird chemical sort of tastes in my vapor. That's the main reason I kept looking for another, out in public walk around vape.

I agree the Cloudious9 darkens my herb very well, which is surprising because the vapor is never to hot in my throat. I usually swab that chamber with dry Q-Tip when the bowl is still warm to keep it clean and maybe use ISO once per week

floribud,
Top Bottom