Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
PXL-20230429-190915965-2.jpg
Anyone know if CC is planning to do another run of colored Vertex like GY's above?

olivianewtonjohn

I am absolutely floored by the protege v2. I am not sure on the mechanics but it hits soooo smooth. And has two different water levels that both work well. Worth the wait. Just wish communication was better, now waiting on the right sized ash catcher to ship to me.

I sent the 14mm ash catcher that was sent to me instead of 18mn to the same address it was sent from. Now USPS is saying insufficient address and I have to correct it. What's the best way to get in contact?

Bababouy

I sent the 14mm ash catcher that was sent to me instead of 18mn to the same address it was sent from. Now USPS is saying insufficient address and I have to correct it. What's the best way to get in contact?
I’d reach out to iDB on instagram or discord. If you need a discord link shoot me a dm, everytime we post publicly we get spammed.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am absolutely floored by the protege v2. I am not sure on the mechanics but it hits soooo smooth. And has two different water levels that both work well. Worth the wait. Just wish communication was better, now waiting on the right sized ash catcher to ship to me.

Replying to an email from Cloud Connoisseur should work too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
havent had much luck with email so far

How much time goes by with silence? Did you send back the mistakenly shipped adapter before you heard anything? You just assumed you could send it to the return address?? (the inline frit perc is awesome)

Shit Snacks,

fropones

Is there a summary post somewhere of Protege vs Vertex vs Dante, etc? I was checking out either the pre-order of the Protege v2 or the Vertex or Dante that I see up on the site now.

Shit Snacks

Is there a summary post somewhere of Protege vs Vertex vs Dante, etc? I was checking out either the pre-order of the Protege v2 or the Vertex or Dante that I see up on the site now.

Yes, I've written it here, and in the discord several times... The new ProtegeV2 has inline frit into swiss holes so that becomes part of perc depending how much water you fill, smooth with still flavor retention, form factor, amount of water held, Vertex has four large holes non-formed perc, swiss in the downstem and on the outside so it almost always becomes part of the perc though varies depending on the water level, it is almost like a double inside out straight fab, open flow with minimal diffusion, Dante has a circ perc showerhead with slits for smooth pull and diffusion, up through ratchet bloop discs to further break up and almost recycle similar yet different to the vertex Swiss... Probably a bit smoother with more diffusion and less flavor retention comparing Dante to Vertex, so ProtegeV2 could be in between, though it has the different form factor moreso (and Dante is the smallest)

cannasoor

… inline frit into swiss holes … non-formed perc, swiss in the downstem … almost like a double inside out straight fab, … circ perc showerhead … ratchet bloop discs

:whoa::science:

@Shit Snacks , I am always in awe of your deep and ready-to-hand knowledge in this area (and your generous sharing), but also just now completely intimidated by your terminology. With lots of reading I am slowly getting the ideas—another year or so and I may have both the resources for a purchase and the chutzpah to ask for your advice!

In all seriousness, though, do you know any references (more likely online ones than dusty old textbooks) which cover some of the basic ideas and jargon, for those of us trying to catch up?

(Mind you, someone called me out for a “weed PhD” in another thread because I posted a diagram of how to fold a Kleenex and shove it through a stem with a wooden stick :lol:.)

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
:whoa::science:

@Shit Snacks , I am always in awe of your deep and ready-to-hand knowledge in this area (and your generous sharing), but also just now completely intimidated by your terminology. With lots of reading I am slowly getting the ideas—another year or so and I may have both the resources for a purchase and the chutzpah to ask for your advice!

In all seriousness, though, do you know any references (more likely online ones than dusty old textbooks) which cover some of the basic ideas and jargon, for those of us trying to catch up?

(Mind you, someone called me out for a “weed PhD” in another thread because I posted a diagram of how to fold a Kleenex and shove it through a stem with a wooden stick :lol:.)
Have you checked out this thread for some help with terminology?

:tup:

cannasoor

Have you checked out this thread for some help with terminology?

:tup:

Thank you!! Checking it out even now!

(Tempted to search for “ratchet bloop discs” — hmm, it must be “Glass 102” for that! :lol:.)

cannasoor,
Reactions: Ramahs

Shit Snacks

Haha thank you for the kind words, you copied quite a sampling there yeah it is a mouthful! I don't know of anything like that, the jargon is also not universal honestly, there are so many different artists around the world doing different stuff and calling it different things, depending who taught them etc, then there are a lot of mistakes especially internationally with language barriers and supply chain communication on top of terminology being used in different ways for different things... My knowledge was absorbed from everything reading here and around other places and trying so many different pieces personally.

Tempted to search for “ratchet bloop discs” — hmm, it must be “Glass 102” for that! :lol:.

Yeah you kind of need to think about vapes as an example, think about how complicated they are, all weed paraphernalia in general, all the different terminology and designs, took a long time to learn it and there was no specific encyclopedia listing it with universal definitions and applications, right??

Still probably the best would be all my contributions here, and from others where I learned first, with examples shared, it's tricky cuz there's not always photos or links that are still working however...

I can break the above down for you though, discs go in the body of a piece as the perc, however they work better when there is another perc below them (inline or shower head with slits or whatever) and ratchet just means it has slits like a gear instead of honeycomb holes or a plain disc... Bloop refers to a style of rig that uses a simple disc, fewer holes or slits, like there are four in the Dante discs, there are many heady artists who make bloopers, so the disc will often only have two holes to four holes typically, that way the water is forced to restrict through and pump out, then it sits on top of the disc before quote unquote blooping back down at varying speed depending on the piece... Does that help???

Top Bottom