Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've bought from both POTV and Vgoodiez and neither of them ever hit me with anything like what I got from the CC system. The signup and checkout processes went smoothly and without problems with each of them.
That is exactly my point. It only happens when you screw something up. I have never sent a picture of my ID to any of those stores and they all use the same age verification software. So trying again should work.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I've bought from both POTV and Vgoodiez and neither of them ever hit me with anything like what I got from the CC system. The signup and checkout processes went smoothly and without problems with each of them.

Edit: I just tried to do the preorder again. I didn't mess anything up and I'm not using a VPN, but I still got the same BS. What a shame.
You should clear your cookies before you try again, if a cookie was set that indicates you need to confirm your ID, it will come up until the cookie is cleared.

Bababouy

I decided to treat myself to something nice, so I tried to preorder an Influx and a Dante. During the course of the checkout process, the system commanded me to submit an image of my current drivers license or other govt-issued ID. For buying a piece of glassware? Really? I've bought other glassware elsewhere and nobody else ever needed to slam me around with any commandments like that.

That was the end of my attempt to order. I backtracked out of the checkout, emptied my basket, said farewell and cleared my browser history. I was sorry to see that happen. Too bad for me and too bad for CC, too.
I hadn’t thought about it before but I do get the pop up as well. I had already submitted my id for purchasing nicotine products in the past with the same service so all I have to do is enter my birthdate. It’s been pretty common in my experience purchasing online.

The pact act is annoying but I do understand people wanting to maintain compliance.

I did some research into cleaning bubblers and it seemed the common practice was running a mixture of salt and isopropyl alcohol through the item (shaking it up good, leaving it submerged in the solution for a while, etc) and then draining and rinsing the item thoroughly with clean water. Is this a desirable and adequate method for complicated pieces like the Dante and the Influx? These two pieces are a lot more complex than the simple bubblers I saw cleaned with the method I described.
I find that warming up the isopropyl before hand makes a world of difference. I soak the bottle in hot water and only use salt if it’s really bad.

Bababouy,

onesixty2

Edit: I just tried to do the preorder again. I didn't mess anything up and I'm not using a VPN, but I still got the same BS. What a shame.
Bummer for you, having to provide your proof of age is pretty basic for buying vape shit. Welcome to 2022 I guess

also whats the big deal? you're already going to be providing your name and address when doing the order.. and this is all verified and checked through a third party, but you were smart enough to recognize that, at least maybe?

Last edited:
onesixty2,

Ned Bogan

Bummer for you, having to provide your proof of age is pretty basic for buying vape shit. Welcome to 2022 I guess

also whats the big deal? you're already going to be providing your name and address when doing the order.. and this is all verified and checked through a third party, but you were smart enough to recognize that, at least maybe?
The issue is that turning images of personal ID loose on the internet doesn't fall within the boundaries of what I consider to be sensible online personal security practices. Doing that is what I consider to be arming online predators who'd love to have my personal info. I'll take a hard pass on that idea. I'm smart enough to recognize the existence and intent of the predators and see the sensibility of not making myself an even bigger and easier target for them. Maybe after you've had somebody dive into one of your CC's and have a shopping spree you'll understand why I feel that way. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?

Ned Bogan,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I understand not wanting to send a photo of your ID. Also you don't have to? I literally never have done that for any site and I have bought nearly every item that Cloud Connoisseur sells.

You probably just fucked up your birthday. Just clear your cookies, or use private browsing mode, and try again. Or don't.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Rather email contact IDB when he can I'm sure he'll help you sort it out... Kind of cluttering this thread now lol there actually was a thread specifically about this general identification verification software use somewhere on FC before pretty sure...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
The issue is that turning images of personal ID loose on the internet doesn't fall within the boundaries of what I consider to be sensible online personal security practices. Doing that is what I consider to be arming online predators who'd love to have my personal info. I'll take a hard pass on that idea. I'm smart enough to recognize the existence and intent of the predators and see the sensibility of not making myself an even bigger and easier target for them. Maybe after you've had somebody dive into one of your CC's and have a shopping spree you'll understand why I feel that way. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?
I actually don’t see when this happens, or the information given. Reasons for it happening is your personal information is not matching with what info is on your card this could be as simple as missing middle initial that’s on drivers license or bank account or abbreviation of street names etc. It is annoying when it happens to people but it is required by law with being adult products for 21+, my bank, and merchant account.
The verification I use is agechecker.net it verifies 90% automatically by cross referencing the data provided. This is the same used by many in the community I believe, CH being one for sure.
@onmahgrizzyy
It is a very tight fit for old one where some might work and others will not. The new drop downs are the way to go with top fed downstems

Madtater

I have purchased from POTV, VG and CC and have never even been asked for my ID.

Weird that it is asking you.

Honestly, if it is asking you, i understand your hesitation. I wouldnt want to do that either.

Slartibartfast67

tl:dr-prophet is a great vape focused dry rig

I have had my prophet for two months now, and it has become my daily driver with both my anvil and freight train pro, although sometimes I use the FT through water instead. The anvil still hits hard but the prophet provides a lot of cooling in a small package. I haven't tried a dynavap through it yet but it seems like it would be a good fit. The prophet provides good cooling and great flavor in a small, easy to clean and use package.

I pretty much follow Shit Snacks' cleaning regime described above, although I have a small set of brushes I can use to speed things along. I clean mine a couple of times a week so I don't let it get super dirty. I find the dry rig a lot more convenient because I don't have to be as careful to not spill water, etc.

My only regret is there weren't any color ones available when I bought mine and I got a clear one ;-)

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I have purchased from POTV, VG and CC and have never even been asked for my ID.

Weird that it is asking you.

Honestly, if it is asking you, i understand your hesitation. I wouldnt want to do that either.
I’ve had a few people from the community tell me it asked and I know they purchase from other vendors frequently. Just for reference, I did a test purchase on my store and it asked me for my ID. My name on my personal stuff uses my middle initial which i accidentally left out and it flagged me. It is a shame there isn’t anything I can do about it, but with laws and agreements I’ve made to operate my hands are tied and just have to let the system do what the powers at be want.

@Slartibartfast67 im glad your enjoying it, sounds like you got the right setup to put it to work every which way.

nicknobody

That ID thing happens to me and I don’t type my info in wrong lol

It’s been the last year or so where I’ve had to start doing it. It’s only the first time at a site or the first time since the last year

I hate it but I haven’t found a way around it

Back in topic…

Do you think the Xeric flat will cool as well as the up right jhook version?

I like the idea of any device fitting without any ash catchers or drop downs..

Thanks

nicknobody,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
That ID thing happens to me and I don’t type my info in wrong lol

It’s been the last year or so where I’ve had to start doing it. It’s only the first time at a site or the first time since the last year

I hate it but I haven’t found a way around it

Back in topic…

Do you think the Xeric flat will cool as well as the up right jhook version?

I like the idea of any device fitting without any ash catchers or drop downs..

Thanks
I’ve been told this could be from address changes, name changes things like this.
Tbh I don’t think it does. You would be extremely surprised by how much heat that bend takes and absorbs vs a straight path.

Slartibartfast67

@Slartibartfast67 im glad your enjoying it, sounds like you got the right setup to put it to work every which way.
I am enjoying it, thank you.

Funny story, I was kind of skeptical of dry rigs. Then I accidentally hit one of my glass pieces dry, and I was like "Oh, ok. I see." And then I tried all my glass pieces dry. Some worked great, some not so much. A piece especially designed and made for dry vaping? Yes please.

nicknobody

If you only used herb (never concentrate) would you want an Influx in your kit vs any other cc rig? It sure looks neat. I’m a little worried about cleaning the Dante? Logs, torch vapes portables and the occasional ball vape is what it would be paired with 99% of the time

nicknobody,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
If you only used herb (never concentrate) would you want an Influx in your kit vs any other cc rig? It sure looks neat. I’m a little worried about cleaning the Dante? Logs, torch vapes portables and the occasional ball vape is what it would be paired with 99% of the time
I will probably never have a kit with a piece of glass instead I’m trying to offer exclusive pieces like Dante to the store for people to choose. I’m a true believer in there is no perfect glass only perfect for that person. Dante is a well rounded piece very much like Vertex where it sits in the middle of dry and wet. It really depends how n yours needs for comfort ability. Protégés for cooling, prophet for flavor being dry, Vertex and Dante sit between those. Influx preserves flavor, not quite as well as prophet or Vertex but provides more smoothness

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm sure iDB can answer this better than anyone, because he has an influx in hand but a recycler can be really nice for preserving flavor. Lots of good info in this thread like this post:
For what it's worth, the protege is a bit larger at least with the wide base it can hold a lot of water, although compared to the prodigy less of course since that thing was huge!

The comparison question was not about vertex vs protege though anyway it was about the recycler...

So the vortex is a classic recycler feature, often referred to as the klein style, and it can be similar to having a secondary neck perc above initial perc, however the function is unique when it is a proper recycler, which entails an uptake and drain... These features keep the water moving, so the perc diffuses through the uptake to create the vortex down the drain, so there is a constant cycle of water conditioning the vapor (vertex is a fab egg which has some recycling feature this way, although it does not have distinct uptake and drain, the entire egg becomes both at the same time) so protege has swiss holes about it, which can become part of the perc with similar fab egg style function although not exactly recycling... with enough water in the protege, the swiss holes sort of become extra natural perc, which is also what happens in the vertex, so enough water can sort of have some cycle effects but not quite recycling... Finally there's the actual difference between the percs, protege has frit disc fountain perc, which is quite unique with wide versatile air flow depending on the water level and how you draw, it offers smooth diffusion but breaks up the flavor more, vertex has large four hole shower head perc so there is only slight resistance and more flavor retention that is then affected by the extra egg holes however more... TBD the exact perc used in the new full recycler, but it is probably something similar, inline facing up with a few openings (you don't want too much diffusion with a recycler because it's about preserving the flavor and smoothing out with more water however for herbs you do want a little bit and a smooth pull so I'm expecting this one to be pretty well made for heavy heading plug-in flower vapes)

Yeah the way they look is a huge part of the appeal, but with the proper uptake and drain, you can experience the recycling function well too!

Yes should be less diffusion, with more constant water action, less bubble stack but more movement, Yes likely flavor shining through as a result though we will have to see about that exactly.. I'm also not so sure about the easier pull although it certainly seems to be effortless!

Yeah as I explained about more about how the fab differs, and how it can be similar, truly each one of the CC glass pieces are very unique!

Although if I could only own one Cloud Connoisseur piece for flower, it would be the Prophet. They are all fantastic but the Prophet is basically a mandatory dry piece. It's really so easy and great.

Top Bottom