Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hopefully it's better quality then this pos glass...

Damn, I mean it is the same glass, did you get this one from the initial batch? Looks like your center rod doesn't have the indent spikes, like mine, since the first batch of these color ones accidentally didn't have it... Anyway so you have one of the first color prophets, which could help explain if there was a slight defect in the construction...?

However I would like to know more details about how it broke, you were just shaking it with alcohol? Not even salt or anything? It never had a knock or anything like that?? You see when you post something broken calling it a POS without more detail like saying how it broke it leads to a lot more questions...

This is wild. So the center column broke off while soaking? That's wild. I assume you already contacted iDB. Defective, I guess? What does it look like where the center piece is off? A clean cut?

Yeah not enough info, possible that it could be defective, but really some sort of knock of something would be involved to help it break off I would think... Mine is secure

Isopropyl breaks glass??? Big bummer. Must have been a bad splice.

Yeah no it doesn't hence confusion lol

Last edited:

GratefulDread

Very strange.. Is glass similar to solder where a connection can appear to be made but underneath it didn't actually fuse together? :hmm: Never heard of this happening.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Very strange.. Is glass similar to solder where a connection can appear to be made but underneath it didn't actually fuse together? :hmm: Never heard of this happening.

Things like that can happen in the process of making glass, making the connections then annealing etc. So if its something structural then often breaks before it would get to the customer, however it is possible that it could happen soon after? But there would usually then be something to cause it if it had been functioning securely first I would think even if it were defective technically from build... And the point is this could happen from any glass manufacturer at any time, just look at CaliBear and TAG and even GooRoo you will see reports exist (just like defective vapes)

Shit Snacks

Cold could do it too. I learned that the hard way.

No water in it at all, but left it in the garage by accident over night, base cracked right off the body.

Oh, yeah, hot or cold, any sudden change in temperature, can exploit a weakness from manufacturing or even damage fully secure glass that was not defective (I had actually wanted to try putting a straight fab of mine in the freezer for icy dry hits a while ago but I was always afraid to actually try it lol)

ChooChooCharlie

Vertex-meets-FTPro-May-1st.jpg

Edit -- haha, drunken oops with pic staging, ... forgot the herb bowl ... what a nice clear hit, no bud, no resistance...lucky I didn't drop it and break under my current tequila influence

Last edited:

onesixty2

This vertex is an awesome shape, it's just super easy to travel around the house or take with you somewhere. Swiss holes are just.. perfect. Had some friends try it out (along with the Zirconia Zeal) who aren't frequent smokers.. each of them were able to enjoy a smooth hit and didn't feel like it was harsh at all.

sadeinmytapedek

This vertex is an awesome shape, it's just super easy to travel around the house or take with you somewhere. Swiss holes are just.. perfect. Had some friends try it out (along with the Zirconia Zeal) who aren't frequent smokers.. each of them were able to enjoy a smooth hit and didn't feel like it was harsh at all.
I agree. I love the portability of the vertex. Im still trying to get used to the harshness since Im coming from bigger glass that allows more water. It may be that my hits are too big. I tend to go for one hit extractions so i can def feel the difference. Im still enjoying it very much but this shows me that I probably wouldn't do to well with dry glass like the Prophet.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Now the question is…..when will everything be back in stock?
Being from Australia, I was thinking the same. Internation freight costs are pretty high so only having to pay for that once would be good. I wonder if we could place an order for all the items we need and get them held until the order is complete before posting.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Ramahs

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Being from Australia, I was thinking the same. Internation freight costs are pretty high so only having to pay for that once would be good. I wonder if we could place an order for all the items we need and get them held until the order is complete before posting.
I asked iDB to combine shipping on my Protégé order and my Zeal pre order and he was very accommodating. The shipping costs of the combined order came little under 70$ so I'm not sure if it's really worth the wait though.

onesixty2

How's the chug on the vertex?
Audible, it's quite fun.

I would relate it to feeling like a stationary bubbler, something airy and easy to hit. There's just barely any draw resistance, so the water gets moving around fast.

Did my first cleaning round after a heavy first weekend of use-- wasn't too bad even without the DD yet.

ChooChooCharlie

Vertex has a wide open draw, those four huge perk holes in bottom of downstem don't hurt. I use dry, and the convoluted swiss fab pathway tunneling adds surface area with turbulence, allowing more wall contact, more frequently. Don't think the cooling spikes in the mouthpiece are necessary, condensed cloudiness not appearing inside of MP

My beef with the design is using an injector vape natively. Even with FT heat shield, heat rising from coil gives your forehead a sauna. Most "drop-downs" won't fit, can't clear the ledge around the recessed 18mm female joint. I just ordered an ash catcher from CC, it doesn't drop, more horizontal, so hoping it fits Vertex. I've read that a dropdown for the Vertex is on the way

In a similar ergonomic improvement effort, I ordered a right angled flared 18mm male MP from OGB, custom request not listed on site. It should give me a better (for me) holding/viewing position, similar to my Roor sidecar design. Moves face away from heat bath too. I'm weird and vape while standing near window, rig on dresser top, no stooping.

neoncheesecake

Been testing the Vertex with the TM2. Not sure it's best for use with the TM2, it seems like it's maybe too much glass. It doesn't milk up like I hoped it would. I've run out of really dank weed so maybe that is a contributing factor as well. We have a lot of mids in the stash right now.

I think I will be setting it aside until I get my Halo.

Shit Snacks

Most "drop-downs" won't fit, can't clear the ledge around the recessed 18mm female joint

You seem like the type of person that should own a fancy drop-down like me now! I'd suggest ordering a swooper from Rick birdberry like the ones I have they all fit everything I have so I won't need anything specific just for vertex... Excited for mine!

doesn't milk up like I hoped it would.

Well the internal volume is not wide open, milking up an egg is not like milking up another rig, also can depend on water level etc along with other factors like the load and potentially the vape or its settings, TBD?

Top Bottom