Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What is the effect of vortices? How would the cooling and humidifying of that vortex compare to what a Protégé would do?

Thanks
I am sure there are people who have a better answer, but I mostly just like the way they look. 🙂

I would think there would be less diffusion with the recycler and vortex than with the frit. I would also expect it would be a little easier to pull on the recycler shown above. I suspect more flavor might come through too.

Although the fab in the Vertex probably has some of those same advantages.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me also comments to confirm or correct.

GoldenBud

What is the effect of vortices? How would the cooling and humidifying of that vortex compare to what a Protégé would do?

Thanks
It's way smaller than the Protege but it seems to have a lot of surface area, if I'd to pick some bubbler I'd choose the Vertex I think

I think the Protege will cool the vapor better but it's huge hehe all it's not suitable for small tables etc

GoldenBud

Are you thinking of the Prodigy? The Protégé has a 5 inch base and is only about 12 inches tall.
I dunno the Prodigy? I know Prophet for dry, Protege huge bubbler w/ water, and Vertex which is smaller than Protege

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I dunno the Prodigy? I know Prophet for dry, Protege huge bubbler w/ water, and Vertex which is smaller than Protege
This is the Prodigy:
View attachment 14439View attachment 14440View attachment 14441View attachment 14442

Cloud Connoisseur Prodigy.
It will be available in about a month. Will have left or right handed carbs that will have a cork or plug also. Will also have carbless version. I will have pictures of the bowls that will go with it soon. I will post a function video tomorrow ❤️
I will have more info on pricing tomorrow ❤️❤️❤️

edit- first picture does not have the carb
It's about 30% bigger than the Protégé, I think. Maybe someone has a side-by-side picture somewhere?

Anyway, Protégé is just a lil guy about the size of the Prophet.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For what it's worth, the protege is a bit larger at least with the wide base it can hold a lot of water, although compared to the prodigy less of course since that thing was huge!

The comparison question was not about vertex vs protege though anyway it was about the recycler...

Thanks

So the vortex is a classic recycler feature, often referred to as the klein style, and it can be similar to having a secondary neck perc above initial perc, however the function is unique when it is a proper recycler, which entails an uptake and drain... These features keep the water moving, so the perc diffuses through the uptake to create the vortex down the drain, so there is a constant cycle of water conditioning the vapor (vertex is a fab egg which has some recycling feature this way, although it does not have distinct uptake and drain, the entire egg becomes both at the same time) so protege has swiss holes about it, which can become part of the perc with similar fab egg style function although not exactly recycling... with enough water in the protege, the swiss holes sort of become extra natural perc, which is also what happens in the vertex, so enough water can sort of have some cycle effects but not quite recycling... Finally there's the actual difference between the percs, protege has frit disc fountain perc, which is quite unique with wide versatile air flow depending on the water level and how you draw, it offers smooth diffusion but breaks up the flavor more, vertex has large four hole shower head perc so there is only slight resistance and more flavor retention that is then affected by the extra egg holes however more... TBD the exact perc used in the new full recycler, but it is probably something similar, inline facing up with a few openings (you don't want too much diffusion with a recycler because it's about preserving the flavor and smoothing out with more water however for herbs you do want a little bit and a smooth pull so I'm expecting this one to be pretty well made for heavy heading plug-in flower vapes)

I am sure there are people who have a better answer, but I mostly just like the way they look. 🙂

Yeah the way they look is a huge part of the appeal, but with the proper uptake and drain, you can experience the recycling function well too!

I would think there would be less diffusion with the recycler and vortex than with the frit. I would also expect it would be a little easier to pull on the recycler shown above. I suspect more flavor might come through too.

Yes should be less diffusion, with more constant water action, less bubble stack but more movement, Yes likely flavor shining through as a result though we will have to see about that exactly.. I'm also not so sure about the easier pull although it certainly seems to be effortless!

Although the fab in the Vertex probably has some of those same advantages.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me also comments to confirm or correct.

Yeah as I explained about more about how the fab differs, and how it can be similar, truly each one of the CC glass pieces are very unique!

dimmusp

For what it's worth, the protege is a bit larger at least with the wide base it can hold a lot of water, although compared to the prodigy less of course since that thing was huge!

The comparison question was not about vertex vs protege though anyway it was about the recycler...

So the vortex is a classic recycler feature, often referred to as the klein style, and it can be similar to having a secondary neck perc above initial perc, however the function is unique when it is a proper recycler, which entails an uptake and drain... These features keep the water moving, so the perc diffuses through the uptake to create the vortex down the drain, so there is a constant cycle of water conditioning the vapor (vertex is a fab egg which has some recycling feature this way, although it does not have distinct uptake and drain, the entire egg becomes both at the same time) so protege has swiss holes about it, which can become part of the perc with similar fab egg style function although not exactly recycling... with enough water in the protege, the swiss holes sort of become extra natural perc, which is also what happens in the vertex, so enough water can sort of have some cycle effects but not quite recycling... Finally there's the actual difference between the percs, protege has frit disc fountain perc, which is quite unique with wide versatile air flow depending on the water level and how you draw, it offers smooth diffusion but breaks up the flavor more, vertex has large four hole shower head perc so there is only slight resistance and more flavor retention that is then affected by the extra egg holes however more... TBD the exact perc used in the new full recycler, but it is probably something similar, inline facing up with a few openings (you don't want too much diffusion with a recycler because it's about preserving the flavor and smoothing out with more water however for herbs you do want a little bit and a smooth pull so I'm expecting this one to be pretty well made for heavy heading plug-in flower vapes)

Yeah the way they look is a huge part of the appeal, but with the proper uptake and drain, you can experience the recycling function well too!

Yes should be less diffusion, with more constant water action, less bubble stack but more movement, Yes likely flavor shining through as a result though we will have to see about that exactly.. I'm also not so sure about the easier pull although it certainly seems to be effortless!

Yeah as I explained about more about how the fab differs, and how it can be similar, truly each one of the CC glass pieces are very unique!
Oh my, so much to think about, thank you @Shit Snacks !

I'm wondering which CC water pipe would reduce coughing and throat / lung irritation the most when combined with a Tinymight 2... 🤔

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
@iDRINKBLEACH Shipping to EU is crazy bruh... I had that ash catcher in the cart and stopped dead at checkout...
they auto calculate it using usps going off of weight and dimensions of the product. I can check ups for you if you want to reach out in a DM. UPS can sometimes hit receiver with broker fee but I’m unsure if who and where they do that with. This is part of the reason I’m trying to get my products to vendors. I can ship large packages through ups at great rates for weight and size of the package but smaller ones don’t get much a discount with the shipping software.

onesixty2

I'm wondering which CC water pipe would reduce coughing and throat / lung irritation the most when combined with a Tinymight 2... 🤔
I have the Prophet and Protege, and use the TM2 with them both. Using Ed's TNT WPA, I loaded a bowl of CBD for both Prophet and Protege just now. Session mode, don't stop hitting till the vapor is gone. Fresh enough battery through both bowls that the roasts came out even. Using 6 setting on the TM2.

Prophet: Very small, surprisingly effective at cooling. Immediately flavor heavy. You feel it more against the back of your throat, but it feels cool for the most part. The 90 degree turns this thing has really works wonders for cooling. if you've never used a 90 degree jhook, you can't really compare it easily.. the vapor feels cool when it hits your mouth, you just get steamroller hits off it. The irritation starts on the back-half of the bowl, but isn't bad to me. The heat is more noticeable the longer a session goes on for. If you want dark roast, you'll certainly taste a lot of popcorn near the end. This glass works best on low temps or with terp chasing in mind.

Protege: It's just a heavier piece in general, everything about it. Bigger footprint, heavy base, thicker. I'm not gonna come anywhere close to describing it as well as it has been just a few posts back, but you barely feel the vapor out of a Protege. If your intention is to have the most diffusion and least feel, Protege > Prophet, currently.

They are honestly tough pieces to compare as they were designed for different functions. Most diffusion? Protege or maybe the upcoming glass, time will tell. Most flavor? Prophet, and I don't see that changing due to the dry nature of it. You really can't go wrong, but if you are concerned about irritation a Protege is a definite safe bet, without considering the unreleased Vertex or recycler that showed up recently.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Thanks @iDRINKBLEACH

I love it and it looks amazing, the cooling is insane (I'm able to use my B1 at normal temps while I'm sick and my throat is on fire) and the hits are so smooth, instant new favorite <3
Heck yeah, I’m glad to hear it was able to help you enjoy vaping more ❤️🔥

It’s been a bit hectic here in South Dakota, with all the packing and everything we had some wildlife move in within this last 8 months, a couple rabbits that could get into the 1/2 basement and squirrels in the attic, thankfully got them out and sealed out. Thankfully I’ll be heading back home to Texas Tuesday morning, it’s so fn cold here right now in the 20s-30 during the day. Horrible time to come back. Excited to get back home and get back to business.

Razhumikin

I know you said the vertex would be shipped to you this week, so is there an update on this? Do we have an eta for when they will arrive and possibly when we could start recieving them?

Razhumikin,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Been confirmed, I will have tracking in two days. With air flight shipping I will update as soon as I get an estimated delivery time on it. Sorry this one took a little. Because of Vertex build one guy can only manage to do 2-3 a day and threw off the regular timing with past orders.

Nbsdsailor

Been confirmed, I will have tracking in two days. With air flight shipping I will update as soon as I get an estimated delivery time on it. Sorry this one took a little. Because of Vertex build one guy can only manage to do 2-3 a day and threw off the regular timing with past orders.
Business must be good👍

Nbsdsailor,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom