Cleaning glass tips and using the microwave

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don’t vape with bangers, so that’s a bit different then my use of SGC, on my glass water rigs. Of course without a good supply of water, preferably HOT, then you might taste something from an incomplete rinse. I also have quick-on hose adapters to a silicone hose, and then a male glass joint, usually I’m using 14mm., point being my water source is hot, and the connections I make allow for a decent pressure. I can walk away and 5 minutes later, clean, no smell. The other positive, is it’s advertised as non toxic, etc., but the MDS sheet is available to download, and I was satisfied. I’m also assuming you were using the “CLEAR” version I linked to, because they don’t add fragrance to this version, unlike most of their other products. It’s also much cheaper than the 99% ISO, that I use for some small things, it’s not particularly healthy to be exposed to often.

So there’s two sides, folks can choose their own path….. :)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pardon that last post... meant to post my response in another cleaning thread where it was suggested to use simple green + heating plate for Quartz cleaning.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Pardon that last post... meant to post my response in another cleaning thread where it was suggested to use simple green + heating plate for Quartz cleaning.

I read some of that post you mention, but didn’t get involved, because if one reads the data sheet on SGC, there is a fairly low temp it can be heated to, and it’s just not something they go out of their way to recommend, as it probably doesn’t make much difference. I use hot water when I use SGC as it’s a gallon of concentrate.

Now one the other hand, “Dark Crystal Glass”, is the one that works best when heated, and is reusable up to a point, but it’s much more expensive then the single use SGC. I keep a small bottle of that for the rare cleaning of something like a DV “cap”, to remove the baked on resin, that ISO doesn’t work on. Heat source, a coffee cup warmer. I try and use whatever products work best for a given task.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom