Christmas and new vapes

Medivapequeen

I've been looking for something to replace my mighty for a while as and I'm looking at getting a new vape for Christmas. I've seen the Angus halogen vape that looks quite interesting although quite unknown to take a gamble on until more people have them but it's itching the VAS.

I've heard Taffee are possibly making something new? As I loved the bowle but the battery wasn't good enough for me. Or are there any interesting upcoming vapes I've missed?

I currently have portable wise

Xmax V3
Mighty
Airvape legacy pro
Dynavap Vong and ufo induction heater and an FMJ

Desktop wise
Volcano hybrid
Ceroma
Taroma Lite

I've tried the TM1 but didn't like it. Is there anything else available or in the works that may be able to replace my mighty atm? I was looking for something relatively easy to use but that has some power behind it as I use ball vapes as my desktops.

I was pretty set on the Angus but I'm going to wait for more people to get them. At this point I'm just thinking get another mighty or the + as my current mighty is a few years old and isn't working as well as it could.

I thought the airvape legacy pro may be my new vape but I just don't like the cooler vapor and I seem to get less hits with it than my mighty. I'd love a taffee with replaceable batteries or passthrough as I felt it gave me great hits but didn't last long enough battery wise.

Thank you

Last edited:

Finessseee

Angus seems like the move unless you want to upgrade to the Mighty+ , Tafee Bowle 2 won’t be out any time soon unfortunately.. seems like they’re behind on things right now so I wouldn’t expect it until at least Quarter 2. You already have a fantastic lineup of vapes IMO, I’d stick with the Angus / Mighty+ , unless something else new is releasing soon? Arizer Air Max is pretty awesome as well.

Medivapequeen

Angus seems like the move unless you want to upgrade to the Mighty+ , Tafee Bowle 2 won’t be out any time soon unfortunately.. seems like they’re behind on things right now so I wouldn’t expect it until at least Quarter 2. You already have a fantastic lineup of vapes IMO, I’d stick with the Angus / Mighty+ , unless something else new is releasing soon? Arizer Air Max is pretty awesome as well.
Thank you. I'm torn at the moment between the Angus or another mighty or + but I've seen a few negative reviews and some positive for the Angus so do I risk it or wait for reviews. I don't want buyers remorse on Christmas day

I was pretty set on the Angus until reading about hot batteries and seeing some disappointing videos. It looks great but will it be durable. Ideally I'd like something better than the mighty portable wise but I haven't found anything that's scratched that itch really except the taffee bowle but the battery made it a nightmare in the end.

Finessseee

Thank you. I'm torn at the moment between the Angus or another mighty or + but I've seen a few negative reviews and some positive for the Angus so do I risk it or wait for reviews. I don't want buyers remorse on Christmas day

I was pretty set on the Angus until reading about hot batteries and seeing some disappointing videos. It looks great but will it be durable. Ideally I'd like something better than the mighty portable wise but I haven't found anything that's scratched that itch really except the taffee bowle but the battery made it a nightmare in the end.
I thought I heard about storz and Bickel announcing a new vape soon, but it could’ve been a miscommunication on the white classic volcano, I’d hold out until Black Friday and see if any new news pops up over the next few weeks! If you get a new Mighty+, at least you already have your old Mighty accessories to pair up with it. Good luck!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've tried the TM1 but didn't like it. Is there anything else available or in the works that may be able to replace my mighty atm? I was looking for something relatively easy to use but that has some power behind it as I use ball vapes as my desktops.
What was it you didn't like about the TM? Was way the device worked, the vapor, or the general user experience? I ask because I noticed to you have an ALP which a lot of folks have similar UX complaints about buttons and such about that device.

After my TM, my most powerful portables are probably my Splinter or Cosmic Xtractor, but they can be a bit fiddly at first. I can always recommend my FW7, but he stopped making them. If you aren't on the list, a FW8 probably won't happen for you before Xmas.

I think you might be right that there is not a new portable for you this Xmas. Maybe you'd like to branch out to another desktop? Maybe a log? :-)

Medivapequeen

What was it you didn't like about the TM? Was way the device worked, the vapor, or the general user experience? I ask because I noticed to you have an ALP which a lot of folks have similar UX complaints about buttons and such about that device.

After my TM, my most powerful portables are probably my Splinter or Cosmic Xtractor, but they can be a bit fiddly at first. I can always recommend my FW7, but he stopped making them. If you aren't on the list, a FW8 probably won't happen for you before Xmas.

I think you might be right that there is not a new portable for you this Xmas. Maybe you'd like to branch out to another desktop? Maybe a log? :-)
I struggled to get even hits with the TM1 it was just scorching my herb. I tried baskets and screens but in the end I just found it too fiddly for not much reward so I gave up on it.

The airvape legacy pro on paper is great but after a few weeks of using it I just found it wasn't cooking the top of my herb and needed stirring and it's messy when you open the lid for out and about. I know there are dosing caps coming soon for it so I may give them a try but I just found it lacking in power compared to the mighty. Maybe it's the cooler hits I don't really like so less vapor as I like quite a lot. I'm used to ball vapes so like that quite hot hard hit.

I'm not looking for something too fiddly really. Could be semi portable like the taffee. I'd love a FW8 although I've seen a few posts about buyers remorse with them no idea why as I've only heard good things about it.

Desktop wise I'm pretty set the ceroma and taroma seem to be enough at least for now and I have an Elev8r so I really need something portable so I'm not running upstairs all day to the taroma.

Medivapequeen

I thought I heard about storz and Bickel announcing a new vape soon, but it could’ve been a miscommunication on the white classic volcano, I’d hold out until Black Friday and see if any new news pops up over the next few weeks! If you get a new Mighty+, at least you already have your old Mighty accessories to pair up with it. Good luck!
That's true I tend to go a bit accessory mad so have about 8 cooling units, the dosing cap maker set and loads of screens etc for the mighty. Although I still don't think the minor upgrades warrant the price for the plus tbh which is why I thought Angus something different but it may just be shiny VAS talking.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

At this point I'm just thinking get another mighty or the + as my current mighty is a few years old and isn't working as well as it could.
Nah don't get another one that's boring :p /s of course, you can do whatever you want. But I do think it's worth waiting for Angus to get into a bit more hands, as it is a new (and imo superior) experience compared to Mighty.

Another you could look into is PhatPiggie's Thermal Accumulator.https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermal-accumulator-by-phattpiggie.52933 I am hyped for it and it should drop pretty soon (limited first batch afaik). I expect (or hope :lol:) it's gonna be my last vaporizer purchase this year.

E: from your wants and needs Anvil might also work for you. Heavy hitter.

Medivapequeen

Nah don't get another one that's boring :p /s of course, you can do whatever you want. But I do think it's worth waiting for Angus to get into a bit more hands, as it is a new (and imo superior) experience compared to Mighty.

Another you could look into is PhatPiggie's Thermal Accumulator.https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermal-accumulator-by-phattpiggie.52933 I am hyped for it and it should drop pretty soon (limited first batch afaik). I expect (or hope :lol:) it's gonna be my last vaporizer purchase this year.

E: from your wants and needs Anvil might also work for you. Heavy hitter.
It is boring it's why I wanted the Angus. Do you have one? I love the Vong, ufo and my small bubbler but it's just not very portable with the glass or I'd take it everywhere. Although I'm crap with butane so unless the anvil works with IH I'd be crap with it.

I'll have a look at Phattpiggies thermal accumulator thank you I've not heard of that one before.

Kaptan

I was pretty set on the Angus until reading about hot batteries and seeing some disappointing videos.
From what I’ve read on the Angus thread, it seems only one person reported hot batteries and most others that have a unit advised their batteries were barely warm after back to back sessions. I don’t think there is a real concern here regarding hot batteries. It’s possible that the person with the hot batteries was not using cells that were up to the task as batteries are not included. In addition, most of the videos posted in the thread had vapor pumping out that is comparable to TM2 performance. I’m generally not very interested in session vapes as I much prefer on-demand, but I’m keeping my eye on the Angus.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Do you have one? I love the Vong, ufo and my small bubbler but it's just not very portable with the glass or I'd take it everywhere. Although I'm crap with butane so unless the anvil works with IH I'd be crap with it.
Anvil? Yeah and it's instantly become one of my favorite vapes ever. You can use it natively, I believe said you are okay if the hit isn't wearing gloves so to speak. Anvil delivers that. A IH by tue company is in development and vaphotbox made one as well and Mad Heaters is making an IH that will work with many of these type vapes (dyna, Anvil, PhatPiggie's TA). That last one is sounding very interesting, with several customizable sort of presets you can use for your respective "torch" vapes.

Medivapequeen

Anvil? Yeah and it's instantly become one of my favorite vapes ever. You can use it natively, I believe said you are okay if the hit isn't wearing gloves so to speak. Anvil delivers that. A IH by tue company is in development and vaphotbox made one as well and Mad Heaters is making an IH that will work with many of these type vapes (dyna, Anvil, PhatPiggie's TA). That last one is sounding very interesting, with several customizable sort of presets you can use for your respective "torch" vapes.
I'll check the anvil out it's another that seems to be a love or hate kind of vape from what I've read but I am after something heavy hitting to go with the ball vapes and it sounds great as does the phatpiggie one. I quite like the log too so if I got both I wouldn't need another IH? I don't really want to go back to torches tbh

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I'm not sure why you are acting like the Angus is ruled out now, it should be coming out any day now for retailers to sell to the public, so you will see a lot more reports soon enough... Seems to give plenty of time before Christmas to decide based on more of a consensus and order one this month? I have stayed on top of it and most everything about it has been positive, nothing is going to be perfect, but it seems like the ideal evolution from the mighty and near perfect pickup considering what you like to use...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I agree with @Kaptan about the battery issue with the Angus. I don't think we've seen an FC user with a problem, so it's likely user error. A miss matched pair of cells, or a pair of underpowered ones... I'd like to see a session run to time out with no or few draws fire a worst case scenario test though I think.

My biggest problem with the Angus design is the intake air flowing through the bulb holder. Those almost always have brass contacts that could oxidise. Other than that, and not everyone has a problem with brass, I really like the design and could be quite tempted depending on how much it ends up being in £.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
There was early speculation that the bulb was soldered in place. I would be more concerned with air passing over heated solder than brass. Hope someone does a teardown soon.
Yeah there was, you also have to consider what's connected to the possibly brass connectors, I suppose it best hope is high temp silicone sheathed cables that are crimped to the brass rather than soldered. I'd rather see SS crimps onto SS wire with at least one sheathed in glass to prevent shorts.

I'm only going by the drawing they posted but it looks like a standard ceramic bulb holder to me.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Although I'm crap with butane so unless the anvil works with IH I'd be crap with it.
IMHO the Anvil has very few of the idiosyncrasies of other butane vapes. There’s no spinning or counting or hitting the intake in *just* the right way.

Once you’ve dialed in your spot (on the cap), you just heat it to the click. Same roast every time. After how hard it hits, the easily and perfectly repeatable results are my favorite things about it.

Medivapequeen

Well I'm in shock but very happy. I know the person who owns recvapes and I was talking to him about the Angus. He's very very kindly sending me one out on Monday to review with the wpa! So I'll let you know my thoughts when it arrives. So now Im thinking maybe an anvil or the other phatpiggie one.

If anyone orders from recvapes compassion will get you 5% off I know he's got them in stock now.

Oden

I've been looking for something to replace my mighty for a while as and I'm looking at getting a new vape for Christmas. I've seen the Angus halogen vape that looks quite interesting although quite unknown to take a gamble on until more people have them but it's itching the VAS.

I've heard Taffee are possibly making something new? As I loved the bowle but the battery wasn't good enough for me. Or are there any interesting upcoming vapes I've missed?

I currently have portable wise

Xmax V3
Mighty
Airvape legacy pro
Dynavap Vong and ufo induction heater and an FMJ

Desktop wise
Volcano hybrid
Ceroma
Taroma Lite

I was pretty set on the Angus but I'm going to wait for more people to get them. At this point I'm just thinking get another mighty or the + as my current mighty is a few years old and isn't working as well as it could.

I thought the airvape legacy pro may be my new vape but I just don't like the cooler vapor and I seem to get less hits with it than my mighty. I'd love a taffee with replaceable batteries or passthrough as I felt it gave me great hits but didn't last long enough battery wise.

Thank you

You should try a Qaroma! The flavor of this stuff is amazing.
Much more than my Baroma XL.
But the BXL is amazing too, good flavor for metal.
But especially as a heavy hitter!
The other XLs look great too.
Otherwise you have the Cloud Connoisseur vaporizers which are magnificent and very efficient.
Beauties.
On the advice of an FC pro (Shit Snacks), I'm going to order the Atlas heavy.
Now I'm only talking about desktop vaporizers, because for me, since I've been using them very recently. It's much more efficient and cool than portable vaporizers.
It's another level.
But I love my TM2😍.
If there isn't a lot of performance between the TM1 and the two, I don't understand how you didn't appreciate this beast so much sir 😂😂.
I have never burned with my TM2.
Medium grinding of the material, without settling of the weed, and started between a temperature of 4 to 5.5 (5.5 is the temperature that comes closest to 180 degrees) gradually increasing.
No need to go up to 10. This is the temperature people burned with TM.
And a slow and regular draft helps a lot, it allows a perfectly homogeneous extraction.

I had the mighty 5 day back then.
I didn't like it at all.
But in reality every vaporizer can suit anyone.
It's a question of taste.

Oden,
Top Bottom