Choosing the one and only desktop vape

hailseitan

Hi. I'm new here. so I was thinking about getting the Woodscents Eds TNT. I've heard that I have to buy a VVPS. Update: I've heard they've improved the WS Eds TNT Vape and it runs fine without the vvps?. Is there a european version of the WS as well or can I simply buy a cheap eu cable?
This will be my first log vape. I'm not fully convinced yet. I'm looking for a safe, flavorful, efficient device that's easy on the lungs and that never burns material and that is low maintenance.
So if my goal is to get the most out of my material (only dry herb), never burn/char material is it enough if I use the WS or the Enano with a Ice Glass Stem? Or is there no such thing as a good ice stem and you just have to use it with a small bubbler if you're sensitive to hot vapor? I just don't want to accidentally burn myself with a stem. This is my main problem with log vapes. I know I do cooking and stuff but I'm not so sure whether I want to be careful using a vape. Maybe Ed, the person who is making the Woodscent vapes, can make a version of the WS vape without the real leather and with a safety ice stem so you can't burn yourself ? :D
I like the idea of just letting it stand on my table in the living room so no one knows what it is. If asked it's just a aroma diffusor. No worries. So stealth is certainly good with the log vapes but it's only low maintenance if you're using stems. Otherwise it's just more work to do.

I've been using the VapeXhale EVO for quite some time and this is what I was personally thinking about it
-Very flavorful
-Easy to use, not that much cleaning
-Efficient
-Didn't like that the vapor path and the whole thing would get so hot you can burn yourself
-charing from time to time was extremely annoying, inconsistent temperatures if i remember it correctly(not sure about this one)

Now I don't own it anymore and I want something new.
Alternatives I was thinking about
Enano
Volcano Hybrid with Whip ( well the taste seems to be the problem. I'm very used to pure convection by now and I'm sure I will be disappointed.)
Ditanium (getting hot as well?)
Flowerpot Weedeater (it's getting hot as well so it's probably not for me)

Last edited:

Texus

Of the options you listed, the Ditanium is going to be a good fit in terms of minimal burn risk. All the hot parts are so nicely shielded by the enclosure.

Another option worth considering would be a VapBong or OAB from Collyland. The ceramic exterior does get hot when left on for long periods, but not at a level of the FlowerPot, Herborizer or other PID controlled devices.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Heat Island is my favorite log, there are so many different options listed at www.toasty-top.com and you can email Alan to see what he has in stock to sell now, his are as cheap as possible if you get the bamboo unit, he can make regular 5/8 size logs with standard steel core or hybrid glass core, and you can also make them in large 7/16 size (starting at $50-65 for just the log itself) he also offers VVPS, and an insane amount of stem options...

I also second the vote for Collyland, vgoodiez is getting a big shipment soon to sell in the US...

And I would recommend looking into Cloud Connoisseur too, Halo and Atlas, keep an eye on them!

Plus there is Musa and CouchLog if you're patient, or the HighLighter if you don't mind the DIY... Old Head HotRod too maybe??

hoptimum

Heat Island is my favorite log, there are so many different options listed at www.toasty-top.com and you can email Alan to see what he has in stock to sell now, his are as cheap as possible if you get the bamboo unit, he can make regular 5/8 size logs with standard steel core or hybrid glass core, and you can also make them in large 7/16 size (starting at $50-65 for just the log itself) he also offers VVPS, and an insane amount of stem options...

I also second the vote for Collyland, vgoodiez is getting a big shipment soon to sell in the US...

And I would recommend looking into Cloud Connoisseur too, Halo and Atlas, keep an eye on them!

Plus there is Musa and CouchLog if you're patient, or the HighLighter if you don't mind the DIY... Old Head HotRod too maybe??
I just received one of Alan's bamboo HI's (steel core), and I love it. $65 for an HI Bamboo log is a no brainer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

U have more VAP’s than most smoke shop’s ?
My old EVO’s if flavor is important?
Log’s R simple & small (normally light 4 da stem on a waterpipe’s?
The 7th floor unit’s R bling & decent for generic use!

Flow

Hi !

My one and only is my SSV as an elecric versatile device...Wan't a Whip style ? a Bong style ? a Bag style (with the Super version)? a Micro-Macro-doser ? a Steroïds boost with balls ?

My one and only with butane would definitely be my OG Brick. (But i still didn't try the Elev8R… and i guess i would looove it ! :D )

Otherwise, Coolyland still n°1 on my to-be-bought list - as soon as i can afford it…
So i would recommand it but never tried so i guess i got to trust stoner-reports made here… :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
U have more VAP’s than most smoke shop’s ?

Too true! But I don't really have that many desktops, except I do have 3 different Collyland, one original one armed bandit, a newer oab slightly customized, and a mini oab with cobblestone glaze... And I have two HI and a third on the way (small standard, small HIbrid, he is building me a large standard now)... Only have Cloud Connoisseur Halo for now, but an Atlas is coming soon, which will be followed by another Halo and a Heady Atlas though lol The rest of those were just my wish list!

Otherwise I just have vapman station and grasshopper with PA as desktops... Sold my LSV and Cloud Evo so long ago! :spliff:

Texus

If burns are a concern, that might rule out the Cloud Connoisseur options. But if you are going to crack that door open, include Herbo (tops for flavor in my book) and B-2 Baller (hits harder than anything in my collection, and that is before you get into double deckers...

hailseitan

You guys really helped me out. Thank you for all your responses. I'm checking out all of them right now but it's really a lot of info to process.
So no PID-based devices then and so on I excluded them from the list because they all are somewhat unsafe if handled improperly. Safety is important to me so I only want "safe vapes" and to be honest I'd really prefer a desktop vape that is designed in a way that it's nearly impossible to seriously burn yourself using it. A lot of reviews miss out on certain aspects that are important to me so I will just ask you.

I really care about safety. Then I care about flavor, efficiency and last but not least it should be low maintenance. (and somewhat stealthy)

So my new list of possible vapes looks like this. I'd prefer to use them without a bubbler but I'm very sensitive to harsh vapor. 190-210° C or 374-410F were way too hot on some older portable devices.
Aromatizer by Collyland (it's not very stealthy though and the ball gets probably too hot but it's interesting for sure)
Petra by Hanu Labs (Excited about it. Not sure whether it's better than the other ones)
Volcano Hybrid
Ditanium ( Are you sure that it doesn't get so hot? It apparently takes 25 min to heat it up which is a lot as well)
MiniVap new version(in some ways this is was what i'm looking for but I'm not sure how efficient it is compared to the other vapes mentioned. Also it seemed like you have to take extremely long draws from it to get some vapor but I'm not sure whether this is the case for a reasonable temperature)
possibly musa or highlighter or grasshopper (can they get really hot? I know the least about them)
and after all, if there is a log vape with little to no risk of burning yourself I think it's the best kind of vape for me. If you cannot really eliminate that risk I think something else in my list will be a more reasonable choice.

So E-Nano, Underdog, CouchLog, Alans toasty-top vapes, Eds Woodscents or some other pefect log vape I haven't heard about.
I've read this post and it made me a little bit skeptical about the enano. It's displaying the wrong post. It's post 23088 !!!:
I didn't include the SSV because there are lots of bad reviews about it's efficiency. Maybe you shouldn't trust them?

I'm not in a big hurry. I just want to have a vape like I've mentioned here by the the end of 2021 or early 22 and I want to use it for as long as possible.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can I ask why you want a desktop? Your criteria list doesn’t really suggest one to me , especially if you’d prefer to use without a bubbler. If you want something hyper focused on burn safety that screams portable to me.

As far as desktops a log is probably the best bet, with my Underdog the metal is below the wood so you’d really have to be trying to burn yourself with it. I’ve used it laying in bed with the log laying there on its side and never felt concerned about it. Also the log works well dry, most modern desktops are more catered to bong usage.

I can’t really imagine burning yourself with a Volcano either but not sure I could call it the pinnacle of efficiency. What about a Tafee Bowle? Cool vapors, conservative temperature range, no hot parts to concern yourself over. I’m honestly not really a portable guy myself, but IME you might reconsider what benefits a desktop is bringing you, I mean stealth wise which you also mention - it’s way easier to put a Bowle in the drawer then to put a Volcano away. Most desktops aren’t really that stealthy outside of a log. I put my ‘Dog behind the TV yesterday when the state inspector came, it’s extremely discrete.

Texus

I am going to jump in on Team Collyland. OAB or VapBong. Can be left on indefinitely and yet ceramic surrounding heater gets hot bit not enough to burn.

But it may come down to airflow. Collyland airflow is amazing and effortless without being than. Log vapes take more effort. Often described as being close to milkshake thru a straw (there may be exceptions but I am not that familiar with log world).

hoptimum

I wouldn’t worry about burning yourself with an ENano ice stem.

I have no problem with the Nano in any way

hoptimum

I am going to jump in on Team Collyland. OAB or VapBong. Can be left on indefinitely and yet ceramic surrounding heater gets hot bit not enough to burn.

But it may come down to airflow. Collyland airflow is amazing and effortless without being than. Log vapes take more effort. Often described as being close to milkshake thru a straw (there may be exceptions but I am not that familiar with log world).
this is incorrect.

The airflow with logs is not restricted in any way. I have 4 of them, and they hit effortlessly. The only limit is the capacity of your lungs.

I’m curious where this “milkshake” canard comes from.

Also, every log vape can be left on all day. Some people leave their log on for years.

Last edited:

hoptimum

@hoptimum which logs do you own? The Woodscents with a Dynavap tip is definitely a tight draw. I haven’t used any others.
Heat Island x 2, eNano, and Underdog. No Woodscent.

none of the 4 logs I use have a restricted, “milkshake” draw.

Logs are basically heaters, so there’s no reason the draw should be impaired unless the roasting tube is tight.

Lobby

Heat Island x 2, eNano, and Underdog. No Woodscent.

none of the 4 logs I use have a restricted, “milkshake” draw.

Logs are basically heaters, so there’s no reason the draw should be impaired unless the roasting tube is tight.
I think the “milkshake” draw comes from the Woodscents. The only way I enjoy the Woodscents is using my Dyna 2020 stem and not covering the air ports on the stem. The draw on the WS is very tight. A loose pack helps. I use my Dogs over the WS.

Top Bottom