• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

coolbreeze

Ok, had to grab one of these at Dynavap (just the glass, not the vong):
RS6764_NearDark-product-photography-10__FillWzUyNiw0MzVd.webp

Made in China under Germany's Near Dark/BlackLeaf/Blaze, it's thick and should be decent build quality. Couple things I liked: it should be big enough to be comfortable with torch vapes; This perc looks like a giant matrix and hopefully it's big and airy without a lot of back pressure. The $55 price seems in line with what you see around the world.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

Hi Folks, happy Fathers Day. My first dhgate pieces are here. A Sheldon Black clone and Big Bertha UFO. Both got here in about 18 days, one thru Chicago and the other thru LA. The downstem on the SB clone is a little wobbly but seals ok. This piece seems a little restrictive so far but not by much and I have only tried with Anviland Taroma so far. Great and lots of testing ahead. Already looking at a couple of TAG downstems. Big Bertha seems flawless in build and function. Loving that open UFO perk with my Heady Atlas and it rips hard as you want. The SB flat mouthpiece is nice andI use it on both. OGB adapter and mouthpiece are ordered and will lower it just right I hope👍

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20220613-230627011.jpg

Meanwhile my last 5/12 order from allaccessary arrived today, despite the tracking not showing any change since 5/16, this drop down and this 45° angle adapter (puts the mouthpiece at a slightly different angle than this other one I have from them to mix it up a bit! also have one coming from Biao now with my color recyclers too)

Posted the below photo in another thread, since the mouthpieces were expensive US glass exclusive customs, but it does show how I am using the adapters from above

for my two modular go-to's (that male to female 45° angle adapter on table between them is what I use with the goo color mouth piece that you almost see behind the atlas)

coolbreeze

Ok, had to grab one of these at Dynavap (just the glass, not the vong):
RS6764_NearDark-product-photography-10__FillWzUyNiw0MzVd.webp
Got this today, played with it for awhile, it's...really something. It's sorta cartoonishly large: everything about it is just a little too big. As a result, I feel like the hit is too open. Another thing is that each hit is indeed a giant piston of back-pressure, despite the narrowing and angles. My DLX one was a confetti cannon!

On the other hand, it works great with a VonG! It draws fairly effortlessly with the port closed and provides great cooling. A couple hits in where the tip is cooking the hits are large and cool. There's not much flavor that makes it through the perc, which is probably ok: this thing's one real justification is it cools lungfuls of vapor. It works great with something like the FMJ (or Anvil), where a big blast of vapor is just waiting to be pulled through.

The build is solid and clean, the glass is thick, the base is big and stable. It's nicely made.

Upshot: it's a great choice for the Vong, FMJ, Anvil. It's not a great choice for bowls or torch vapes unless your slide-pull discipline is rock solid or you're prepared for the abv-storms.

Edit: Hah, Hah! It's the worst! Shit's everywhere! I may need to tighten my caps so the back-pressure doesn't blow them off the tip! It's like some Bondian spy-weapon where you take a huge toke and then the released back-pressure fires a red-hot slug at your unsuspecting adversary.
Anyhow, as long as I remember it's for hermetically sealed vapes only, I should be fine.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep

coolbreeze

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You need a manual pop off valve, I use one with all my vapes on glass,

rBVaSFsrIPyAJ6NyAAGpuHVq_CA277.jpg
I use a claisen similar to this, but I wouldn't mind something more compact if I could find it at a better price...
You still need a stopper if you get the amazon one...

Hippie

There's loads of them on dhgate and aliexpress, don't forget to pick up a stopper for the side arm too ;)

When you add on the cost of the stopper these aren't bad value in my opinion

coolbreeze

but I wouldn't mind something more compact
Yeah, I have the first one and the last one above (an 18mm and a 14mm) and I use them for my larger, stationary bongs, but they're too cumbersome to use with pieces you pick up. I'd go for a more compact valve, too.

Or, maybe I need a Virtual Vape Assistant: "Hit done...Pull vape now..."

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wait, you want me to add a glass cannon?!
but they're too cumbersome to use with pieces you pick up
I have only broken this setup 2 or 3 times.
img_20181010_184448-jpg.8155

I actually need another one of these,
rBVaSVsPeFWAKoyyAAIham_jj7U772.jpg

Currently out of stock...any other recommended sellers of this piece?

Shit Snacks

Try Glass99 (cheaper quality but they do have some color and if it's not up to snuff you can just get the money back) or BrideMarry is also another good seller who has one that link to was shared here

coolbreeze

I have only broken this setup 2 or 3 times.
img_20181010_184448-jpg.8155

The first setup is amazing! It even makes the other look tame!

Edit: Furthur field notes: This giant Blaze rig actually pairs pretty well with a Vong, especially if you like to take it dark--good choice, Dynavap. It works real well with a Vong+FMJ or Anvil, as well.

I tried it with a glass Vapor Genie heater on an elev8r bowl. The VG diffuser adds restriction making it easier to torch, while it also dampens the back-pressure force. Result is a reasonably dense vapor and very cool, good quality with the caveat that not much flavor survives.

I'm finding more reasons to recommend it!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I have purchased the same 'looking' bundle 3 times now and the only high-quality ones came from PopularGlass so hoping for a recent good-quality equivalent if any?

... Did you try buying it from Glass99? (they have a few different ones like I said with the colors) or did you try buying it from BrideMarry?? There was someone else who bought one of these from a third seller in here not too long ago, if you search or skim backwards you can find their posts talking about it with photos, though I'm sure you already read it then...

Which one is your pick...there are so many variants.

Well it's actually pretty tough to find the right variance on DHgate, the best ones for this style of piece would be Evolver hydra tree and circ 2.0 that I have to use with mine, because they are the tall narrow style, it would work well with a calyx style tube (has similar circ perc and is straight narrower, plus it has bent supermouth piece which I like, I have a 14 mm one though so it can't be used with this rig without an adapter however) Lumin88 has the calyx knock off and also one with male joint on the top so you can use any mouthpiece (they also have hydro base which might even be better than the devastator knockoff)

Petetbay

Which one is your pick...there are so many variants.
For use with Matrix bong as a mouthpiece I used the Calyx w/5 in. silicone whip or the Lynx w/long whip to keep weight balance. I like both and use both quite a bit and also have the newer Lynx that is wider and holds more water. The Calyx and older Lynx don’t hold much water and are basically the same except Calyx has a mp while the Lynx is a 18mm male joint on top, use the Calyx nice on a portable or vaping 510 cartridges or on Vapexhale base unit. I also have the Precision Hydrabomb which pretty good w/medium amount of water and the older Swiss Tree Hydratube which holds a lot of water is one of my favorites but is very large and for me I don’t use it on top of the Evo/Arizer EQ as it’s too tall. If I use them on a base unit and I use a Y adapter(like your manual carb adapter) as a carb to prevent the water getting suctioned into the base or use a whip into the Y adapter mount on a hydratube stand w/hydra tube as a stand alone water piece. Also have a phobia of flanged mp’s so any flanged mp is modified to a glass tube or 14mm female joint for attaching whips. This is too wordy sorry and I have too much glassware. 🐼

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Flanged :rofl: flared, right? WTF is flanged?!? I guess it is a word...

And yeah Calyx and Lynx is the one with the male joint on top, knock offs of both are available from Lumin88 Yingmin5

Petetbay

Flanged :rofl: flared, right? WTF is flanged?!? I guess it is a word...
Yes the same sorry for the confusion. Flanged is taken from pipe fitting/plumbing, can’t help it I was stationary engineer and that’s how we talk about these things. Flared I see a slight flaring as compared to a flange is very wide, either way I don’t like kissing the flange/flaring to draw, I like drawing more on a glass straw mp and can draw a lot longer easier. :bowdown:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would say flared is even a different style and more often than not even worse on mouth!
I had a really flat version that was nice to use just after shaving but felt like you had to pucker to get a seal with a 5 o'clock shadow...broke that one too!
I like the simple perc on this one, only avail in 18mm here,
calyx-bubbler-14mm-18mm-curved-mouthpiece.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You guys talking about TAG made me go glance at their site again, and I just ordered one of these on sale for $59:

https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...e-diffuser-14mm-female?variant=39507261292579

F14q-WP-144T-0893C-Y.03_9.jpg

I received that tag piece about a week ago. I like it. It makes a convenient little manual dab-rig/banger-hanger setup.

I'd been using coils on my bangers for a bit now, leaving torches behind for technology...but I must admit that It's been nice to pull out the torch again. Plus, I've had this little rubber-duckey carb-cap for years (it came as an unexpected freebie with another glass piece I'd bought a couple years ago), but it was too small for any banger I've owned...but it works just fine with this little skinny banger that came with the piece, and the yellow brand label on the piece makes it match :tup:

IMG-2692.jpg

Top Bottom