Cheap High Quality Bubbler

condition

Just received something I've been hunting for for 3-4 years, the Black Leaf Sunny Afternoon bubbler!
IMG-2908.jpg

I saw and immediately loved it, and the reviews were always positive, but it was apparently no longer made by then and sold out everywhere. Gave up on it finally when I found the similar (and frankly nicer) Wicked Sands Inline Bubbler. Recently one turned up at Green Dream, so after a somewhat involved decision process, I snatched it! Last Lazy Afternoon in the wild...or is it?

There may be one more here:

And there appear to be a couple rebranded for BL's co-brand, Grace Glass:

I've only played with it a bit but it seems like very nice German-curated China glass.
Well let me congratulate you first, glad your three year old hunting concluded successfully. I want an inline bubbler too.
How is the cooling compared to bigger water containers and how do you store it?

coolbreeze

Well let me congratulate you first, glad your three year old hunting concluded successfully. I want an inline bubbler too.
How is the cooling compared to bigger water containers and how do you store it?
Well, thank you--it was a journey! I've just laid it on the shelf, but you could probably prop it securely in a standing position with a bit of well-placed silicone. As far as coolness is concerned, I have used my Wicked Sands bubbler more or less as I would a j-hook, and the cooling was always sufficient in that mode. The Black Leaf is quite a bit larger with a bit more diffusion, and I'd say it cools a bit better maybe, but I don't think it cools as well as my B. Wilson tube (another inline I have). All three of them hold small amounts of water and handle flavor very well. The Sunny Afternoon had no heat issues with what I've tested so far, and did quite nicely with the Hot Rod. For me the big selling point here is good cooling, great flavor, great hydration, nice holdable form well built for small manual vapes (consider twice if you're getting it for an SBL Flip or Twist: they're so heavy the BL bubbler rolls over if you set them down!). I will try it with a log later, but I anticipate it will work very nicely.

Wicked Sands inline bubbler v. Black Leaf inline bubbler:
IMG-2911.jpg

Hope I've managed to answer!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I found this piece, inline perc to honeycomb to Swiss perc is pretty cool tbh. Straight neck unfortunately

rBVaVl435QSAdzHEAAB-BKiTb4o245.jpg

Oh yeah I shared this one here before too as a rare inline honeycomb option, it also popped up in my browsing again yesterday, really nice piece with the swiss holes, if only it had a bent neck! And for most people a female joint lol

Inline_Perc_to_Tree_Perc_Water_Pipe_0921fde7-9fa3-4c89-9db0-9bc8b01f4ab0_540x.jpg

Yep these are very common, having it be a hook hand pipe is much more interesting like yours I think! My buddy bought this one above a long time ago, we called it the SeaLab and tried it with a variety of things, it works well enough, but it's not something I would buy today (mainly because of the tree perc in the neck)

condition

Well, thank you--it was a journey! I've just laid it on the shelf, but you could probably prop it securely in a standing position with a bit of well-placed silicone. As far as coolness is concerned, I have used my Wicked Sands bubbler more or less as I would a j-hook, and the cooling was always sufficient in that mode. The Black Leaf is quite a bit larger with a bit more diffusion, and I'd say it cools a bit better maybe, but I don't think it cools as well as my B. Wilson tube (another inline I have). All three of them hold small amounts of water and handle flavor very well. The Sunny Afternoon had no heat issues with what I've tested so far, and did quite nicely with the Hot Rod. For me the big selling point here is good cooling, great flavor, great hydration, nice holdable form well built for small manual vapes (consider twice if you're getting it for an SBL Flip or Twist: they're so heavy the BL bubbler rolls over if you set them down!). I will try it with a log later, but I anticipate it will work very nicely.

Wicked Sands inline bubbler v. Black Leaf inline bubbler:
IMG-2911.jpg

Hope I've managed to answer!
Hey I see you got wicked sands, it looks impressive but also 14mm male joint, what for? I really like the simple design. Are you using male to female adaptor for it?

condition,

Shit Snacks

Hey I see you got wicked sands, it looks impressive but also 14mm male joint, what for? I really like the simple design. Are you using male to female adaptor for it?

FW7 WPA connects to 14mm male btw, I have a rig I like to use just for that, another rig I have I just use a female to female drop down adapter to turn it into a female rig (and I'm always using a dropdown adapter anyway) often have to make a sacrifice on the connection for the piece and the price

condition

FW7 WPA connects to 14mm male btw, I have a rig I like to use just for that, another rig I have I just use a female to female drop down adapter to turn it into a female rig (and I'm always using a dropdown adapter anyway) often have to make a sacrifice on the connection for the piece and the price
thanks, if I remember correctly, you always use the dropdown adapter for first step filtration and less cleaning of main unit. I am planning to get one.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

d less cleaning of main unit.

They are a game changer if you have hard water. I never got into water because after a few days it already started to form this nasty resin/mineral coating on my glass. This is now mostly resolved (only if there's some horizontal elements they'll catch some stains when the water evaporates).

Shit Snacks

thanks, if I remember correctly, you always use the dropdown adapter for first step filtration and less cleaning of main unit. I am planning to get one.

Aaand form factor with most vapes too!

They are a game changer if you have hard water. I never got into water because after a few days it already started to form this nasty resin/mineral coating on my glass. This is now mostly resolved (only if there's some horizontal elements they'll catch some stains when the water evaporates).

Oh yeah I started using distilled water too in the pieces at least which does help with the hard water problems I have here as well

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh yeah @Shit Snacks wrt dropdowns I was thinking about what you said about that ylhookah being difficult to pair with s type? The n type should fit there.

I'm chatting with that other store now and they are really customer friendly. They'll make me the perforated rod and maybe give me a nice price on another piece lol I'm out of control

Do you buy it or just boil your hard water?
you need to buy it as boiling won't take out the minerals

LesPlenty

Company Rep
For people with a dewer joint bong, I found a great dropdown (more of a stand off), 2x for $25, should work a treat with baller vapes,
PG5215.jpg

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

gonna try it too thanks Abele and Snax! as Abele said boiling won't evaporate the salts in the water, need to buy the distilate water
Maybe catch the evaporating water and route it to the bong :lol:

E: got sent some pieces by the ylhookah factory that aren't lisyed

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Whelp I thought I was done with BF sales but I picked up this TAG bellow UFO:

Got a factory second with the cyber35 discount for $60 shipped. The MP is not my favorite but I figured it was worth a try at that price.
You and me both. Gonna try another straight fab:

That thing's one of my favorite pieces despite the male joint. It does limit what i can use it with, but I've put together various chambers and adapters to work with it.

Clockwise:
CouchLog modular chamber; Prrl Neo chamber; CL/Z8/HR chamber; std bowl for DLX Ones/Lamart Piros; Lotus bowl; whip joint for DBV/Convectorium/Wunderlampe.
IMG-2954.jpg

IMG-2957.jpg

BTW, there's still one left!

redrum891

Nice setups people have posted.

@Shit Snacks. what you think about a piece like this?
5a9f82554f1bef0371323f4d-8-large.jpg

the bottom perc is too high right? too much diffusion probably...Looks neat. Needing drop down adapters for most pieces so hell, male or female don't matter to me.

edit ;; looks like a bad review about it on water levels and splash back? Others seem ok but probably don't know much about a good water pipe.

another site using google image search, has a video showing in use

Last edited:
redrum891,

Shit Snacks

Do you buy it or just boil your hard water?
Haha yeah as others said, you have to buy distilled water, or get lab equipment set up so you can:
Maybe catch the evaporating water and route it to the bong
I did a science experiment as a kid with lab equipment on the stove to turn salt water into pure water with distillation, not an everyday activity lol

If you are buying the water I think you'd find RO water just as effective and it's considerably cheaper here. We have an under counter RO system, it works a treat.

I've never heard of RO water before, but a gallon of distilled water from Amazon is not expensive to me, and lasts a pretty long time since I'm not changing daily or anything... Sounds like it would be an investment to set up something to create whatever this RO water is, not something I'm looking to do at my apartment although it would be nice, thanks for the idea!

Oh yeah @Shit Snacks wrt dropdowns I was thinking about what you said about that ylhookah being difficult to pair with s type? The n type should fit there.

Oh I don't know if it will, and some s shape could fit, like from allaccessary perhaps since their style allows for a bit more room than the ones from glassmanufacturers that are more compact... Yeah luckily I had that 14-18 multi drop down to use with it before, although since it's multi female connection, most of my 18 male do not fit into it lol also it is not at all level... Very happy that I shelled out for the RickBirdBarry 14-14 color drop down as it is larger and wider so it clears the can perfectly fitting into the joint, great form factor now, his clear ones are much more reasonably priced too... Though still pretty expensive compared to these others!

I'm chatting with that other store now and they are really customer friendly. They'll make me the perforated rod and maybe give me a nice price on another piece lol I'm out of control

Haha that's great, yeah they are great, as long as you account for the language barrier, so great!

Those other pieces also look nice, hopefully they will start listing more into the store soon! What was the other one you grabbed? Klein??

You and me both. Gonna try another straight fab:

Damn that is a nice one, unique style compared to the others, only $80 shipped is a great price... I wonder why I was not seeing it before, or that other one, when I was looking at TAG recently... I think their site is pretty tough to navigate? lol ugh I said I was done after I got the pulsar beer mug coming from curated flame! Must resist...

Nice setups people have posted.

@Shit Snacks. what you think about a piece like this?
5a9f82554f1bef0371323f4d-8-large.jpg

the bottom perc is too high right? too much diffusion probably...Looks neat. Needing drop down adapters for most pieces so hell, male or female don't matter to me.

edit ;; looks like a bad review about it on water levels and splash back? Others seem ok but probably don't know much about a good water pipe.

A lot of people have that one, so you can find function videos, seems way too much going on for a recycler, way too fizzy so much bubble diffusion, not for me

redrum891

Haha yeah as others said, you have to buy distilled water, or get lab equipment set up so you can:

I did a science experiment as a kid with lab equipment on the stove to turn salt water into pure water with distillation, not an everyday activity lol

I've never heard of RO water before, but a gallon of distilled water from Amazon is not expensive to me, and lasts a pretty long time since I'm not changing daily or anything... Sounds like it would be an investment to set up something to create whatever this RO water is, not something I'm looking to do at my apartment although it would be nice, thanks for the idea!

Oh I don't know if it will, and some s shape could fit, like from allaccessary perhaps since their style allows for a bit more room than the ones from glassmanufacturers that are more compact... Yeah luckily I had that 14-18 multi drop down to use with it before, although since it's multi female connection, most of my 18 male do not fit into it lol also it is not at all level... Very happy that I shelled out for the RickBirdBarry 14-14 color drop down as it is larger and wider so it clears the can perfectly fitting into the joint, great form factor now, his clear ones are much more reasonably priced too... Though still pretty expensive compared to these others!

Haha that's great, yeah they are great, as long as you account for the language barrier, so great!

Those other pieces also look nice, hopefully they will start listing more into the store soon! What was the other one you grabbed? Klein??

Damn that is a nice one, unique style compared to the others, only $80 shipped is a great price... I wonder why I was not seeing it before, or that other one, when I was looking at TAG recently... I think their site is pretty tough to navigate? lol ugh I said I was done after I got the pulsar beer mug coming from curated flame! Must resist...

A lot of people have that one, so you can find function videos, seems way too much going on for a recycler, way too fizzy so much bubble diffusion, not for me

Yeah, I got the sidecar. Not that great for my needs, plus the water level coming back up makes the flower pop out of the bowl sometimes.

That klein is working like a champ, mouth piece should be here within a few weeks. I put a purchase for that gilli glass piece, $40 was a killer deal on it.

I got two options left I'm debating on grabbing to collect/test.

not sure which perc would be better, but those are just basic bongs that seem good and then this piece here too

and also this looks good but not sure if it is 14mm or 18mm?...

looks like 14mm but with 18mm downstem? only 1 left in stock too! >.>, I do like that piece with not a ton of diffusion it seems.

so 3 possible pieces. I see cannabishardware sells those basic looking heady glass with honeycomb perc or w/e it is.

kinda laughing at seeing 1000+ people bought this item when I see the ad for the tornado bongs. I'm kinda surprised that many people are into those. I wonder if they are actually any good xD

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah Instill don't know what theyre up to? I get the idea they're a new factory and they're looking for larger sales b2b? With some tips to make some small changes (which we've talked about before) their pieces could be really nice. Though on the higher side price wise, but if they get some nice popular pieces out they can get that wholesale going. I talked about them once about some changes like the neck and mp, but

language barrier

Lol.

That was my plan, and then sell my current one. But the price wasn't that attractive.

Top Bottom