CCA710 LIGER - AIR

JCat

Accessory Maker
This is from Adapt Tech:

Heat from the ruby transfers slightly different than the sapphire allowing for improved vaporization.
Personally I don’t notice a difference between the two ...both are amazing :)

Edit: Just switched back to my ruby this morning for today ... after using my sapphire for a couple days ... I'll see if I notice any difference (apart from visibility :) )

Last edited:

Baron23

I still have my Liger 2.0, 20mm which, to my mind, was the best unit he has made and at the time there weren't the business, CS, product defect, and delivery issues that we have seen since.

I don't know Josh....its been quite a while since I ordered anything from him (2.0, right?)...but he treated me very kindly on a small mix up on the order and got it straightened out very quickly.

However, there have been a LONG string of posts documenting disastrous delivery, CS interface, and product issues. Its not easy to run a small business...but business it is and business is what it needs to be run as. I'm afraid that just designing and machining Ti bangers is just not enough.

I do also have a D-nail Halo and two quartz bangers/coils from 710coils.com. I love Shane's quartz bangers but do find myself rotating between them all and I do find I still enjoy each for its unique set of features and characteristics.

Just my view....Josh owned the Ti banger market...but I do think he rather has blown it on the business side and now NV...who can execute like a business....makes a very similar product and even carries Josh's Obsidian inserts (which are the MOST cleanable surface I have dabbed on......love the Obsidian).

Cheers

Anon3200

Can you show me actual figures showing a difference in the heat transfer rate? I found something showing that all forms of Sapphire have the same specific heat.

This is from Adapt Tech:

Heat from the ruby transfers slightly different than the sapphire allowing for improved vaporization.

Anon3200,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Why would you be able to do a bigger dab with a smaller Ruby insert?

I will say I am somewhat interested in trying bubbled quartz. It makes sense that the little white air bubbles create a textured temperature gradient which help vapor bubble formation by helping to prevent the dab from becoming a superheated fluid.

Synthetic Ruby is just the same as synthetic Sapphire with chromium added. I don't think it has different the thermodynamic properties. Every time I hear about people dabbing off of Ruby's I think of Erin brockovich and PG&e.

I'm not having any problems is spillover but my version of a big dab is more like head of a q tip while my girlfriend takes ones that are how about the size of a head on a match.

Yeah I guess all of my orders took a super long time. They kept randomly arriving on my birthday though so that was awesome

Do you guys know if the current gordo riptide works well with a liger air? I want to through some fast-spinning sapphire spheres into the mix.

You seem to be very concerned with the chromium impurity atoms in ruby, why does all the aluminum present in both sapphire and ruby not give you pause?

Isn't possible that some people have more sensitive palates than you do? Perhaps they are tasting something that you don't.

There's much more to dicuss in your post, but I have to get back to work. Pretty much agree with everything @JCat has said.

Anon3200

I was mostly joking, I'm not sure if it is possible for there to be any kind of off-gassing or leaching of chromium from synthetic rubies.

Chromium is a dangerous heavy metal and some forms of it are extremely toxic. It is mentioned in the Erin brockovich movie which is based on a true story about how PG&e polluted a towns water with chromium and a whole ton of people got sick.

Aluminum is not good for you either, but it is not a toxic heavy metal.

Aluminum is a highly reactive metal. The bonds between it and the oxygen in Sapphire are very strong. That is why it has such high chemical resistance.

Did you know that sodium is a highly reactive metal that explodes when you add it water? It is rare to find it in the elemental metallic state, it is most often found attached to chlorine a highly-corrosive oxidizing gas that would melt your lungs if you were to breathe it straight. Sodium chloride is known as table salt.

You seem to be very concerned with the chromium impurity atoms in ruby, why does all the aluminum present in both sapphire and ruby not give you pause?

Isn't possible that some people have more sensitive palates than you do? Perhaps they are tasting something that you don't.

There's much more to dicuss in your post, but I have to get back to work. Pretty much agree with everything @JCat has said.

I'm a great cook and I feel that I have a sensitive palate. Like I've said I have tasted bad taste from both quartz and titanium when I use temperatures that were not optimal. I have also tasted bad taste from quartz and titanium rigs that were dirty.

I am not having any bad taste from the liger air, it seems to be self cleaning and I feel that I had the temperature pretty well dialed in.

From what I can tell they are three main factors that have been at play when people have reported poor taste. These factors apply all materials and are more a product of design than material.

* Older versions of a liger can become dirty overtime and that can cause a bad taste

* Temperature and coil issues possibly related to a bad Ah update

* Overloading the physical and thermal capacity of the liger air with .5 gram or larger dabs might lead to splatter and spill over issues.

I could see how if you're putting half gram or more dabs in there then you would need a higher temperature or you would benefit from a larger rig with a total higher thermal Mass. It has nothing to do with the titanium and everything to do with the thermodynamics and shape of the dish.

Personally I don't see the need of going over 0.1 gram per dab. I mean are you 0.5 people actually inhaling all that in one hit? If not then why don't you do multiple regular sized dabs? The liger air works best when used as a personal thin film distillation device. You want to use just enough dab to completely coat the inside with a thin layer of material. The thinner the film the easier and more cleanly it will be vaporized. The ideal amount for the liger air is somewhere around 0.1-0.02 g. This will get you the cleanest and best tasting hits. The use of the electronic nail allows you to take one rip after another with just a quick swab in between.

Anon3200,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’m a pretty lame guy these days and having the time, I like to read the threads of products and companies that I’m interested in. I’ve read the Liger threads and no amount of 3rd party defence can blur the historical facts that CCA caused whatever problems they may be having. So many stories of lies, ineptitude and failure to meet commitments that I don’t understand how an individual customer can be responsible tbh.

Josh seems to have engaged in most of the shitty business practices that have made some cannabis companies infamous and in doing so, squandered his chance to dominate the titanium banger market. Rather than using those years to build customer loyalty and have an army of fans, his arrogance and indifference has created customer animosity and hostility. Not to mention his opportunistic price gouging. All of these shady “businesses” deserve to go under and have only themselves to blame imo. Fuck them... nicely, of course.

@Anon3200 somewhere you hoped that Josh will be around long enough to make a Liger 4.0 but I honestly believe that NewVape is going to probably kill that dream and CCA with it by end of year. I’m not sure how many folks are buying titanium bangers, but those buyers are going to flock to NewVape’s Liger Killer in addition to their solid business practices and outstanding CS. On the bright side, Josh will have more time for his remaining customers: you. And you won’t have to convince anyone but yourself.

Azn2101

Hey, complete noob here. Would a 20mm Obsidian CCA insert work on anything but a Liger? From reading through this thread (and others I guess it was that bad) CVS has...im going to say questionable even though it is much more from the looks but again, before this page mentioned their names I had no idea what they were, and would like to avoid any possible issues but if they're the only ones who carry a 20mm Obsidian insert than I might have to rethink and just save for a NV DCup.

From someone who last spent money on any type of dab surface was when they were making flat dishes for crumble and the domeless Ti nails were just getting in. I would choose NV over CCA ignoring all the 3rd party info & Customer reviews because of it's versatility.

I plan on owning at least 2 full on setups from them and maybe more if innovation continues and being able to deal out setups on the Coil is an awesome idea Not to say that CCA isn't but he/they seem to have less momentum going their way. Whether that be financials that are preventing that or other things. NewVape is busy paving a solid road, not path in an entirely new way.

Azn2101,
Reactions: JCat

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Hey, complete noob here. Would a 20mm Obsidian CCA insert work on anything but a Liger? From reading through this thread (and others I guess it was that bad) CVS has...im going to say questionable even though it is much more from the looks but again, before this page mentioned their names I had no idea what they were, and would like to avoid any possible issues but if they're the only ones who carry a 20mm Obsidian insert than I might have to rethink and just save for a NV DCup.

From someone who last spent money on any type of dab surface was when they were making flat dishes for crumble and the domeless Ti nails were just getting in. I would choose NV over CCA ignoring all the 3rd party info & Customer reviews because of it's versatility.

I plan on owning at least 2 full on setups from them and maybe more if innovation continues and being able to deal out setups on the Coil is an awesome idea Not to say that CCA isn't but he/they seem to have less momentum going their way. Whether that be financials that are preventing that or other things. NewVape is busy paving a solid road, not path in an entirely new way.

You can buy the Obsidian cup from NewVape....

Silat,

Azn2101

You can buy the Obsidian cup from NewVape....

Right but at a 30mm. CCA does have it in the 20mm but I really don't want the chance of any of the various issues I've read about. I'm wondering if it can fit in a 710 banger.

Azn2101,

Baron23

Right but at a 30mm. CCA does have it in the 20mm but I really don't want the chance of any of the various issues I've read about. I'm wondering if it can fit in a 710 banger.

Then the person you want to reach out to is Shane of @710Coils .

He can answer the question as to whether the CCA710 20mm obsidian insert will work well in his quartz bangers. I suspect not at its a pretty big chunk of ceramic and will take a while to heat up....but please, do not take anything I say as valid....I'm just guessing.

Shane would know WAY better.

Azn2101

Then the person you want to reach out to is Shane of @710Coils .

He can answer the question as to whether the CCA710 20mm obsidian insert will work well in his quartz bangers. I suspect not at its a pretty big chunk of ceramic and will take a while to heat up....but please, do not take anything I say as valid....I'm just guessing.

Shane would know WAY better.

You don't think it would be rude? I'm just not sure on the edicate. Just to be sure Shane is 710coil & Josh is CCA?

Thanks man.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Azn2101 Most inserts for quartz bangers are thinner walled than thicker. But this is not a set rule. Just an observation =)

The specs for most bangers are 2mm walls and at least 25mm deep bucket

My bangers are 2.5mm walls and 30 to 40mm deep bucket

So a 25mm would be 20mm and you would want at least 1mm of play between the insert and banger wall to total 19mm

A 30mm would be 25mm with 1mm of room to total 24mm

The secondary thing to consider is the total mass of the insert and how long it would take to completely saturate with heat. Once it has saturated. You would then need to mess with the temps till you found the happy place.

Beyond the above I do not see any reason it would not work in a quartz banger. =)

Hope the above helped and please feel free to hit me up anytime. Even though its not my product. I can still try to help =P

Your ever loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Baron23

@Azn2101 Most inserts for quartz bangers are thinner walled than thicker. But this is not a set rule. Just an observation =)

So a 25mm would be 20mm and you would want at least 1mm of play between the insert and banger wall to total 19mm

The secondary thing to consider is the total mass of the insert and how long it would take to completely saturate with heat. Once it has saturated. You would then need to mess with the temps till you found the happy place.

Beyond the above I do not see any reason it would not work in a quartz banger. =)

Hope the above helped and please feel free to hit me up anytime. Even though its not my product. I can still try to help =P

Shane
Shane, you are the man, my friend. Look forward to my next trip out west and maybe having yet another breakfast with you and your wife!! Hope all is well with you both.

You don't think it would be rude? I'm just not sure on the edicate. Just to be sure Shane is 710coil & Josh is CCA?

Thanks man.
Yes, Shane is 710coils and Josh is CCA710.

Cheers

Azn2101

Shane

Sweeet. Email incoming sir and eventual purchases.

@Baron23 Thank you for going the extra mile on this one and thank you @710Coils for clearing that up. After doing some research and knowing myself I don't know if I have the pallet for some of those really acute tones & flavors and if the Obsidian is like an upgraded SiC in few ways and may not be necessary at all.

I always try to go into things with a good start. That way I don't end up losing money along the way to my preferred set-up but in this case it seems that there are multiple Top tier setup's. Like you mentioned, with or without an insert, The coil itself.

This is exciting but definitely a bit nerve wracking lol. I did decide that I want a seperated device specifically for concentrates and while the idea of an Obsidian insert in cool it may not be the smartest for a starter but would be cool to grab the 25mm with a Controller & Cpil and then go from there on upgrades.

Baron23

would be cool to grab the 25mm with a Controller & Cpil and then go from there on upgrades.

Cool, smart, and I believe you will find it a very, very pleasing rig. I love Shane's opaque bottom 25mm bangers, his coils, the clip kit is absolutely needed, and if you don't have a similar one...get a Pi carb cap from him.

I only have the barrel coil but may explore getting an axial at some point....but, I really like how my current set up works.

Best of luck

exmex

Sweeet. Email incoming sir and eventual purchases.

@Baron23 Thank you for going the extra mile on this one and thank you @710Coils for clearing that up. After doing some research and knowing myself I don't know if I have the pallet for some of those really acute tones & flavors and if the Obsidian is like an upgraded SiC in few ways and may not be necessary at all.

I always try to go into things with a good start. That way I don't end up losing money along the way to my preferred set-up but in this case it seems that there are multiple Top tier setup's. Like you mentioned, with or without an insert, The coil itself.

This is exciting but definitely a bit nerve wracking lol. I did decide that I want a seperated device specifically for concentrates and while the idea of an Obsidian insert in cool it may not be the smartest for a starter but would be cool to grab the 25mm with a Controller & Cpil and then go from there on upgrades.
The 20mm obsidian will work in shanes bangers its like 17mm true diameter from what i remember measuring it. enail, coil and banger are definitely a nice upgrade. Obsidian is really nice and is super easy to keep clean with qtips after dab. I myself use a 19mm ruby insert in shanes 25mm banger and axial coil and love it.

Cool, smart, and I believe you will find it a very, very pleasing rig. I love Shane's opaque bottom 25mm bangers, his coils, the clip kit is absolutely needed, and if you don't have a similar one...get a Pi carb cap from him.

I only have the barrel coil but may explore getting an axial at some point....but, I really like how my current set up works.

Best of luck
The only differences i seemed to notice going from barrel to axial was i didnt have to worry about the fit as much and i could lower the temp a bit. They seem to perform the same to me

Azn2101

Best of luck

The 20mm obsidian will work in shanes bangers its like 17mm true diameter from what i remember measuring it. enail, coil and banger are definitely a nice upgrade. Obsidian is really nice and is super easy to keep clean with qtips after dab. I myself use a 19mm ruby insert in shanes 25mm banger and axial coil and love it.

The only differences i seemed to notice going from barrel to axial was i didnt have to worry about the fit as much and i could lower the temp a bit. They seem to perform the same to me

My god, I'll be alone & homeless with a bunch of vapes before this is over. And the worst part is I find myself imagining where would be the best place to set up shop would be as I'm writing this lolol.

exmex

My god, I'll be alone & homeless with a bunch of vapes before this is over. And the worst part is I find myself imagining where would be the best place to set up shop would be as I'm writing this lolol.
I spend wayyyyyy too much on dabtech, from enails, coils, bangers, inserts, carb caps , dabbers! Press , plates , and everything else! Not to mention all the money spent on dabs themselves lol. Im tryin to become "self sustaining" by growing, then pressing , then dabbin lol not quite there yet tho! I will say tho Rosin is the way to!

Azn2101

I spend wayyyyyy too much on dabtech, from enails, coils, bangers, inserts, carb caps , dabbers! Press , plates , and everything else! Not to mention all the money spent on dabs themselves lol. Im tryin to become "self sustaining" by growing, then pressing , then dabbin lol not quite there yet tho! I will say tho Rosin is the way to!

Dude I found a dispensary/Delivery service that makes everything in-house and they have killer deals on "Slabs" (28g) of mainly BHO products at about a 1:1.5, flower:concentrate ratio but the only issue is that they don't seem to be getting as much business as they'd hoped in the already congested area but that's kind of my reasoning for switching or at least having the option.

Plus on things that they want to get rid of there is no "minimum donation" for them to make the drive and just add it to the next order that goes by you which makes buying grams & 1/8ths (that are usually heavily price broken) much easier on my wallet as opposed to the price breaks on Oz's & half Slabs.

Been doing the outdoor thing for a few years now and the payoff is good but I just can't believe the prices these days even in LA for top shelf stuff and while it is still cheaper to grow (in my area) and you get much more use out of the by products other than the buds. My time & effort to make the same quality materials consistently would be hard to stay under that line of buying from a dispensary. Especially if things continue the way they're going.

Thanks for the info guys. See everyone around the threads =)

Azn2101,
Reactions: JCat

Anon3200

I wonder how many liger air have been sold. I have some extra low serial number units. Are they collects pieces now?

It's too bad about CCA failing. I was rooting for them.

Top Bottom