CCA710 LIGER - AIR

Anon3200

Look there's nothing in a titanium air path that is going to change the chemical makeup of your vapor. The whole issue that shooby discussed was because he screwed up and over tightened his coil. It had nothing to do with the titanium air path.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

I see a number of advantages in using titanium. First of all it is much stronger so you can use thinner parts, it can be more easily machine to hire tolerances. How many of you have curved bottoms in your quartz bangers? The super thin titanium wall will transfer heat quicker and more responsibly than a thick slow transferring quartz wall.

Anon3200,

710Coils

Manufacturer
I think its partially a preference thing. Some will prefer titanium and others will prefer quartz. The main thing to keep in mind is. Not everyone will want the same thing. Some will have walked all roads and others will stick to what they prefer and never really veer off course. This does not mean one is better than the other. It just means we have preferences and some will change over time while others will hold true. We should value the diversity of this community and take a moment to see how such diverse people and preferences can still co exist while still holding true to what they prefer =)

Anon3200

710; would you be able to to comment about how pressure would nail performance?

Everyone is allowed their own opinion and personal preference. I do think that having the CCA shroud on too tight can cause problems and it would be a shame for these problems to be missed identified as a failure of the use of titanium.

Anon3200,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Anon3200 The coils prefer to be pressed together snuggly. The one issue I had heard of was if you spread the coil apart, it could impact the temperature reading due to the gaps between the coil wraps. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe the heat is causing the coil to not read correctly and in turn messing up the performance of the coil. The one thing to keep in mind with the coils is they have 4 little wires that run through them. one of those is the sensor and when you cut a coil open you would be surprised on how small the wires are and the shielding is not as beefy as one might expect. I never recommend taking a coil above 700 degrees since the weakest point of the coil is the wires and heat above 700 can degrade the wires faster than preferred.
This is not a standard, but a guide as there are always the possibility of the coil being or going bad quickly after some use. I have had coils last me years and others barely a month. this is why I went with the best manufacturer I could find as I did not want to cut corners and have it impact my customers.

Have you tried a different coil to see if you could reproduce the issue you had seen?

Anon3200

I had my Ah coil on super tight using a pliers. It was functioning great at first, I was cleaning it was a 900 degree Auto clean function on the kubeone. When I turned on the kube I could hear metal expanding and pushing against the coil. After a couple of months we started getting unsatisfying lackluster vapor production a lower quality. It felt like it wasn't working.

710 coils; do you have experience in using your coils in the liger air? Titanium does have a higher coefficient of expansion and the design of a liger allows for it to be squeezed tightly from both sides. That kind of pressure with definitely crack quartz.

I think you're right and that I should try a new coil. Also perhaps I can find a better retaining mechanism that will expand with the temperature, maybe some kind of spring nut.

710, do you make and sell a coil that is compatible with the ah liger air combination?

Anon3200,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Anon3200 What you describe is the coil failing. When the coil starts to degrade, the first ting you will see is the temps not working as expected and the need to increase the temps. I would personally get another coil and see how it works, while also cutting out the clean mode. 900 degrees is excessive for cleaning. I get the high temp buns everything off. But you are also stressing the coil more than it prefers and this will make it have a shorter life expectancy.

How many wraps worth of space (A coil wrap is typically 2mm) is between the top and bottom of the coil when its on the liger air?

My current axial coils have 2 extra wraps over all the others out there and I am not sure if this would work better or worse. If there is room for 2 more wraps. My axial coil would work better than the AH axial coil you are using now

Let me know about the above and I think I have a used 30mm axial coil I could send you to "Test" for fit if you think there is room for the 2 extra wraps my coils come with

For fit, I would say its human instinct to want to tighten shit as much as possible. But some things prefer a light touch when snugging up. But the main thing I would focus on was side wall snugness and the second thing would be up and down snugness.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I think its partially a preference thing. Some will prefer titanium and others will prefer quartz. The main thing to keep in mind is. Not everyone will want the same thing. Some will have walked all roads and others will stick to what they prefer and never really veer off course. This does not mean one is better than the other. It just means we have preferences and some will change over time while others will hold true. We should value the diversity of this community and take a moment to see how such diverse people and preferences can still co exist while still holding true to what they prefer =)
OT but true:
I love you and your worldview, ya big ol’ freak of nature. Your equanimity is an example & inspiration to this grumpy old geezer, truly. So much tribalism and “my *whatever* is best” going on everywhere else
and I love that here, most folks understand there’s no One To Rule Them All because we’re all different.

* vaporizer type/brand, construction materials, accessory, price of glass, type of cannabis product *

Anon3200

Whoa I finally got my phone to connect with the Kubeone using the latest software and oh my God it is amazing. The new software allows you to select a liger air specific profile that makes a huge difference in the performance. I went from running it at 550 to 600 under the old profile to 420-430 under the new one. Temperatures at the dish seem more even and vapor production maintain better at the end. Glob mode comes with four standard options and you can add your own. I'm getting the best flavors I have ever tasted as well as the strongest most satisfying vapor production. Glob mode works really well with the liger air because of the thin walls, low specific heat (thermal mass), and good thermal transfer rates. It is quick, consistent, and cools down fast enough for the next person to enjoy the same experience. I'm in love, truly.

Honestly I now think it was possible that there was a bad update from August that caused issues specifically with the CCA liger coil. If you switch between the different profiles while it is hot you will notice that it is indeed reading different temperatures for different profiles, meaning the calibration is different. I'm wondering if there was an error in the kube being able to recognize what coil it was attached to and if it was giving it the wrong temperature and underpowering it. It might have been an issue specific to CCA liger and kube one users. An underpowered coil might not heat evenly which would cause performance problems.

My experience is that the sharp a bad taste can come from quartz or titanium and that it only happens when you're outside of the optimal temperature range.

The other significant change is that they have removed the high temperature cleaning mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anon3200,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just curious @Anon3200 ... are you affiliated with CCA in some way? Just curious ... really ... you seem to be over-the-top with your antics about how the CCA is the best ... and we all love our current favourite device, but it doesn't sound like you are offering a balanced opinion ... so just curious ... if there really is no affiliation that's cool, and if there is one that's cool too but you should say so. If there isn't I'm not quite sure I understand why you are so convinced one is better then the other? Have you tried a decent quartz banger with a gemstone insert? I haven't tried a CCA, and don't currently intend to as I really have moved on to an all glass path, but I'm always open to trying new things ...

I just don't see spending $500-$600 to try one though ... for one I believe I will be disappointed based on my experience with d-nail vs the all quartz path that I am now using with the gemstone inserts (just my preference of course) ... if I do get an opportunity to try one, and my opinion changes, I will of course post so here; honest, unbiased feedback is always welcome in this forum!

Anon3200

No I'm not affiliated but Josh did hook me up with stuff in exchange for work I did for him. I just feel like shooby made a mistake with his reasoning behind the change in flavor and instead of troubleshooting his coil/controller combination he blamed the titanium are path which doesn't fit with my knowledge of the materials present.

Is there anyone else here who has used a liger air with a cube one using the newest software and the liger air profile? Josh has enough problems and if this was an issue with the cube it was not his fault.

Also the other guy said he is friends with nautiluses supplier and he is the one that said the two up. Sounds like an affiliation to me.

I have a d-nail as well that I purchased four years. I never really liked it that much. The larger dish required a stronger and Hale than the enail that came with my cheap Chinese controller. Carb caps did not help that much because you and up and you're being a lot of the heat from the dish by touching it to the cap. I was having big splatter losses that would show up on the outside of my glass. Then I moved to the CCA 20 mm liger 3.0 and it was a huge upgrade. Moving to the 30 mm brought a second level of quality. The liger air kube one and globe mode are next level still. The quality of my new rig is four paradigm-shifting levels past d-nail. The functionality of the design, thermal Mass, larger coil size, and higher wattage of my new system truly add enail system that I have out of the water.

Last edited:
Anon3200,

JCat

Accessory Maker
No I'm not affiliated but Josh did hook me up with stuff in exchange for work I did for him. I just feel like shooby made a mistake with his reasoning behind the change in flavor and instead of troubleshooting his coil/controller combination he blamed the titanium are path which doesn't fit with my knowledge of the materials present.

Is there anyone else here who has used a liger air with a cube one using the newest software and the liger air profile? Josh has enough problems and if this was an issue with the cube it was not his fault.

Also the other guy said he is friends with nautiluses supplier and he is the one that said the two up. Sounds like an affiliation to me.

I have a d-nail as well that I purchased four years. I never really liked it that much. The larger dish required a stronger and Hale than the enail that came with my cheap Chinese controller. Carb caps did not help that much because you and up and you're being a lot of the heat from the dish by touching it to the cap. I was having big splatter losses that would show up on the outside of my glass. Then I moved to the CCA 20 mm liger 3.0 and it was a huge upgrade. Moving to the 30 mm brought a second level of quality. The liger air kube one and globe mode are next level still. The quality of my new rig is four paradigm-shifting levels past d-nail. The functionality of the design, thermal Mass, larger coil size, and higher wattage of my new system truly add enail system that I have out of the water.
Ok. So you're not affiliated but you're his friend (and obviously pushing his stuff)

No one is blaming the taste on @Shooby 's comments (at least not that I know of) I wasn't even aware of any of Shooby’s comments. I hadn't tried the d-nail sapphire dish for the same reason I haven't tried the liger air at all. The price was simply above what I wanted to spend for something unless I KNEW I was going to love it and it would be my go-to. The amount I spent for the Greek Glass inserts, and the 710 coils bangers was more in my price range. Anyways, my preference for all glass has nothing to do with Shooby and nothing to do with CCA.

You need to stop telling people what they can and cannot taste though ... that’s ridiculous ... people’s tastes are individual ... it’s like telling people that their preference for vynil (and their insistence that it sounds better then a digital recording--CD or mp3) isn’t true because it has no basis in science!

If I didn’t already have the sapphire and ruby inserts for my banger, I might be interested in the NewVape offering with 30mm sapphire right now as it’s ~60% of the cost of the liger setup and seems very, very similar; at that cost it would be interesting ... if I didn’t already have an amazing setup I love!

You also need to stop posting your opinions as facts as it's really rude ... IN YOUR OPINION there is no taste imparted from the Titanium, however, from the OPINION of many, many other members (not in relation to the liger but just in general), the taste of Ti is very apparent--there is no arguing that we are wrong, as we can't be, that is our opinion and we are entitled to it just as you are to yours.

Please stop posting the same thing over and over again ... please?

Love to hear anything new though :)

Last edited:

Anon3200

I'm not joshes friend nor have I heard from him since a little after the liger air launch. I live in the midwest and have never seen or even spoken to the guy on the phone.

I'm telling you though there is a lot more to the dynamics of dabbing then air path. I keep telling you I have had the bad sharp taste from quartz. Its caused by the temperature not being optimal. The flavor that I am getting from my liger AH combination with glob mode is stellar.

Now if you cannot afford a liger air, and have not tasted it with the current software update from August, his coil, or a sapphire dish then how can you even compare it too the newest and heaviest quartz.

There is no bad flavor from quartz or titanium unless you're doing it wrong. Shooby had the same gear as me. I think he was affected by the same bunk update from AH. I will post a video later showing the effect of different coil profiles on the live temperature readouts. With the new software and profile, the liger is nothing short of fucking awesome.

The worse dab in my life was from quartz that was at bad temperature. Please stop confusing dish temperature with the effect of a material on the vapor path.

Now I can see residue on the old ligers causing flavor issues however the liger air seems to be completely self-cleaning.

Last edited:
Anon3200,

exmex

i have had the liger air (#42 i think) simce it launched and the v3 before that with a AH coil and a sapphire dish (check my gear list below) and i really like it! Its still nice but i now use a 25mm quartz banger and a 19mm ruby insert and like it more! Both are good and both taste very close to being same imo but i like things about the quartz banger more. The quartz banger is smaller and lighter with less stress on my expensive rig. Its a all glass airway which in my eyes has always been the end goal since i started blazing no matter want ur smoking. Its way easier to keep clean and keeping ur rig and everything clean is a big part of keeping the dabs tasting great. I hate to say it but imo the liger is dead tech. Better options out there with NV plus with gems for 25 and 30mm bangers being more available the liger aint much of a option anymore. Alos the price on it is crazy high! i got my Air for a 1/3 of the price it is now and even the price on the sapphire is up 50$ from when i bought it.

Anon3200

Have you tried it with the newest update from August Haus? I'm not 100% sure how e-Nail tech works but if you are using a different controller then how do we know it's getting the correct wattage and is reading the right temp?

Id like to see CCA stick around for a Liger 4.0. I'm imagining what it would be like with even larger coils and insets.

Anon3200,

exmex

I have a MaxVapor Enail which works great and had a hexnail before that , both used the AH coil and it worked great. I have a temp gun and always got the performance i wanted out of it, never had a issue with it and the dabs were always great. Ive upgraded tho to quartz banger , coil and ruby isert. I only got a liger so i could use a coil and sapphire and SiC (obsidian) insert. before that i used a quartz banger and torch only. For me for dabbing surface it goes Ti<quartz<SiC<sapphire/ruby and thats basically how i upgraded my dabbing experience. But what the dabbing surface sits in wasnt a big issue for me but like i said before the end goal is a All Glass Airway. The Liger Air basically is a Liger 4.0 so u made it bro! haha but seriously i doubt there will be another liger, the company sucked to deal with, theres other companies doing the same thing now and the hype is dead. Take care of ur Liger Air and it should last a very long time but CCA is done imo

Anon3200

I have a MaxVapor Enail which works great and had a hexnail before that , both used the AH coil and it worked great. I have a temp gun and always got the performance i wanted out of it, never had a issue with it and the dabs were always great. Ive upgraded tho to quartz banger , coil and ruby isert. I only got a liger so i could use a coil and sapphire and SiC (obsidian) insert. before that i used a quartz banger and torch only. For me for dabbing surface it goes Ti<quartz<SiC<sapphire/ruby and thats basically how i upgraded my dabbing experience. But what the dabbing surface sits in wasnt a big issue for me but like i said before the end goal is a All Glass Airway. The Liger Air basically is a Liger 4.0 so u made it bro! haha but seriously i doubt there will be another liger, the company sucked to deal with, theres other companies doing the same thing now and the hype is dead. Take care of ur Liger Air and it should last a very long time but CCA is done imo

We'll see, the last I spoke to Josh he was talking about new designs but now he has less inventory than before. I'm not sure what's going on. It was sad to hear about the issues of continued delays after the Ligers launch. It's hard to know what's going on over there or what kind of difficulties he might have faced. I think the liger air is fantastic for what it is, a lightweight durable 30 mm option with a heat shield. I think he just needs to put out his own carb cap to spin the beads.

I want to see him put out a bigger heavy duty liger 4.0 / 5.0 with a short wide airpath and a larger coil like the 35 mm one that August Haus just put out. I would probably still keep the liger air and run them concurrently.

At the same time maybe a larger more powerful coil isn't necessary. Perhaps just a sapphire insert that is designed with thicker walls so it is twice as heavy.

I don't know guys I took a rip a little while before I started this post and have been high as f***. I'm playing around with the obsidian right now. I made my own globe mode setting. I start off at 430 degrees and then it gets the 150 Watts until the coil reaches 470 degrees where I maintain it for 30 seconds. It's fractal distillation so this method is very easy on the terps because you start at a lower temperature but you're throwing a lot of energy at it so you get a good vapor with a strong completion. I cough sometimes but I don't feel a burn. I feel healthier than when I was smoking so much flower.

Do you guys think that he lost his equipment or his shop? Now I'm worried. We all thought that him moving things in house would improve delivery times and make it possible for him to produce new versions of equipment without a huge initial runs and pre-order crowdsourced investment. Fuck now getting bummed out. My parents had their own business and I feel like I can relate to how real some of the struggles can't be.

Anon3200,

exmex

@Anon3200 u should try to get a 18mm Ruby from greekglass. He just put up preorders for his ruby 2.0 which is what i have or even get a 18mm white sapphire which are also up for preorder. And then get a 25mm banger/coil setup from @710Coils. I bet u will like it a bit more then the Liger. Even tho its smaller then the liger sapphire (29.??mm) by like 10-11mm, u can take bigger dabs! plus if there is any splash over from a big dab it hits quartz rather then Ti but i havent had any splash over yet with my ruby! One of the biggest problems with the cca sapphire was the walls being too short imo

Or even get a 22mm ruby and get a 30mm coil/banger setup for that if ur after bigger! I got the white sapphire 18mm and 22mm ruby on preorder so ill soon have a good comparison of all the sizes of ruby and sapphire dishes.

Edit: Josh has always had stock problems and shipping problems. ive got the 20mm liger v3 , a flat coil 30mm liger v3 and the air and each took forever(months) and they barely responded when questioned. it was always a shit show on here with people complaining about cca and josh's customer service.

Anon3200

Why would you be able to do a bigger dab with a smaller Ruby insert?

I will say I am somewhat interested in trying bubbled quartz. It makes sense that the little white air bubbles create a textured temperature gradient which help vapor bubble formation by helping to prevent the dab from becoming a superheated fluid.

Synthetic Ruby is just the same as synthetic Sapphire with chromium added. I don't think it has different the thermodynamic properties. Every time I hear about people dabbing off of Ruby's I think of Erin brockovich and PG&e.

I'm not having any problems is spillover but my version of a big dab is more like head of a q tip while my girlfriend takes ones that are how about the size of a head on a match.

Yeah I guess all of my orders took a super long time. They kept randomly arriving on my birthday though so that was awesome

@Anon3200 u should try to get a 18mm Ruby from greekglass. He just put up preorders for his ruby 2.0 which is what i have or even get a 18mm white sapphire which are also up for preorder. And then get a 25mm banger/coil setup from @710Coils. I bet u will like it a bit more then the Liger. Even tho its smaller then the liger sapphire (29.??mm) by like 10-11mm, u can take bigger dabs! plus if there is any splash over from a big dab it hits quartz rather then Ti but i havent had any splash over yet with my ruby! One of the biggest problems with the cca sapphire was the walls being too short imo

Or even get a 22mm ruby and get a 30mm coil/banger setup for that if ur after bigger! I got the white sapphire 18mm and 22mm ruby on preorder so ill soon have a good comparison of all the sizes of ruby and sapphire dishes.

Do you guys know if the current gordo riptide works well with a liger air? I want to through some fast-spinning sapphire spheres into the mix.

Last edited:
Anon3200,

exmex

Why would you be able to do a bigger dab with a smaller Ruby insert?
bigger dab without splash over but sounds like splash over aint a issue for u

Synthetic Ruby is just the same as synthetic Sapphire with chromium added. I don't think it has different the thermodynamic properties. Every time I hear about people dabbing off of Ruby's I think of Erin brockovich and PG&e.
Yep never said there was a difference and even said my ruby performs pretty much the same as my cca sapphire

I'm not having any problems is spillover but my version of a big dab is more like head of a q tip while my girlfriend takes ones that are how about the size of a head on a match.
ya those sound like my average size dab when im trying to save money hahah. a big dab would be a well over 0.5 Ive tried 1.0 in the liger air and it was wayyyy to much for it hahaha

Do you guys know if the current gordo riptide works well with a liger air? I want to through some fast-spinning sapphire spheres into the mix.
CoojoGlass on instagrams makes one of the best carb caps for the liger Air and u can get it made to spin spheres. The Chadbro terp trunk also does a good job at spinning spheres on the Air tho takes a little practise

exmex,

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I too still prefer my Liger Air saph. and i alrdy tried a quartz banger with ruby insert A/B so u r not alone @Anon3200 but plz stop acting like a missionary....to each his own...they say, at the end of the day its still best to see all posts on here as what they are, opinions and directions..best thing still is triing first hand..we r all different :)

What i def. can say is that we all r on a very high plateu alrdy so its basically rly just nuances of difference...i saw at Spannabis iE that there is way better rosin available then mine and that makes an even bigger difference to me than changing inserts, beads or coils :D :D

Have a nice sunday FC and enjoy life :)

biohacker

Synthetic Ruby is just the same as synthetic Sapphire with chromium added. I don't think it has different the thermodynamic properties.

This is from Adapt Tech:

Heat from the ruby transfers slightly different than the sapphire allowing for improved vaporization.

Last edited:
biohacker,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom