CCA710 LIGER - AIR

Quakzan

Just got my liger air today #79, loving it so far only complaint is that both the male 10mm and 14mm are slightly too large. It fits in my rigs but i feel like its not far enough in to give me complete confidence that it wont fall out
What were the extras included in your order?

brucee10

Just took my first rip. I wish my AugustHaus coil cover fit a little tighter and I wish the air intake tube was a little longer, but it's hitting good. Like I expected it to. My coil cover is going to get a light polishing this weekend. It's always been a dull finish, so I'm going to shine it up.

This quartz insert is so easy to clean. I can see the little places with a light haze of residue on the surface because the rest of it is so shiny and opaque. It's a really camera friendly surface.

antiburn

I got my Air today, the mail got it here a day early! #50, so they weren't wrong about that part I guess, lol. You really almost have to know it's there to even see the SN. Quality of the work is very nice, it's a beautiful piece. It's so much lighter than I was really expecting.
The 14mm adapter fits my rigs fine as M or F and I don't have ANY worries there. It's actually a little tough to even get the male 14mm out, and if it went in further I think it would be stuck. The built in 10mm fits my rig for that good too. The 10-to-14mm adapter fitment is where my worry is. It's hard to get the 10mm to seat well into the 14mm adapter without it feeling like it's about to fall out. The small male part that goes into the male 10mm seems too short? It seems like I can get it seated well enough, but I don't have a ton of confidence in it holding together, and I really don't want a hot Liger in my lap or on my carpet.
Fitment of the AH heat shield isn't quite what it was on the 3.0. The top ring just fits loose without the shield holding it up tight. If you try the ring upside down the ring will fit tight, but then the coil will be loose and you can't tighten it any more. The barrel part on the bottom the Air is about 1 mm less in diameter. Not really unexpected with the weight reductions. And my coil that I had fitted tight for my 3.0 is now not touching the side of the barrel section. I can adjust it tighter again probably, but haven't decided if I want to do that or just keep this AH coil for my 3.0. I might just use the regular flat coil on my Air until I feel like getting another AH setup.
For tonight I was using the Air with the AH coil as is with just the bottom having direct contact, and a fresh Sapphire!

Last edited:

hankscuba

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good pair of tweezers or something to pick up the inserts the one i have now dont open up far enough to pick it up any suggestions would be appreciated

antiburn

I see CCA posted on IG that the ring on the AH shield should be a little loose due to the AH coils varying in their size sometimes. I was probably lucky that mine fit my 3.0 as it was suppose to.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I still can't get this AugustHaus shield to sit flush without it rattling. I just gave up.

Just some thoughts on the air.
One thing I have noticed that seems to work better for those using 14mm female joints is to use a 14mm to 10mm reducer.

Instead of using the 14mm titanium adapter that is supplied by CCA, just buy a glass reducer. The 10mm sits better in a toss reducer than the 14mm titanium adapter. And on top of that, it reduces the heat and allows me to not use a drop down. If you have a reducer, give it a shot.

Blargas541

seems like a lot of money and a long wait for parts that don't fit

e: no experience with the liger though. just disappointing that this is supposedly the "best" option along with d-nail who have been out of stock of their flagship item for months, yet they'll still take your money for it on their website

Last edited:

e: no experience with the liger though. just disappointing that this is supposedly the "best" option along with d-nail who have been out of stock of their flagship item for months, yet they'll still take your money for it on their website

It’s a nascent field. I would mention that I don’t feel any of DNail’s products are better than the Liger. If I wasn’t doing this, I would have a @710Coils setup with a nice banger and an axial coil, along w beads.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Mine was just declared tax free from customs so i hope to have it in my hands
at least by the end of the week...since i do have the 35mm Galaxy Enail coil aswell i wonder if it will fit the Air somehow...from the looks it isnt too far off from the AH coil but i will see....i dont have the coil shroud so there shouldnt be any fitting issues with that at least lol :D :D :D

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

All the parts work and fit for the Liger Air. I personally do not like the new joint system which was designed around using less material. It works fine and holds your liger. I recommended the glass reducer to reduce the heat transfer to your rig and a better fitting for 14mm female joints.

Plus, i didnt like how the 14mm ti adapters gets stuck in my rig or stuck on the liger.

***Edit***
The reducer allowed me to eliminate the use of a drop down as the Liger Air is light enough to put on the rig's joint and with the reducer just making it slightly warm, doesnt heat up the joint. If left on for 15 mins at least.

I also agree with @scalescliffs that the D-nail are not better than liger but its purely my preference. And @scalescliffs, i would still get a set up from @710Coils even if you have a Liger. As a back up or even a change of pace since they will be affordable. But it might replace the Liger.

Last edited:

Quakzan

All the parts work and fit for the Liger Air. I personally do not like the new joint system which was designed around using less material. It works fine and holds your liger. I recommended the glass reducer to reduce the heat transfer to your rig and a better fitting for 14mm female joints.

Plus, i didnt like how the 14mm ti adapters gets stuck in my rig or stuck on the liger.

***Edit***
The reducer allowed me to eliminate the use of a drop down as the Liger Air is light enough to put on the rig's joint and with the reducer just making it slightly warm, doesnt heat up the joint. If left on for 15 mins at least.

I also agree with @scalescliffs that the D-nail are not better than liger but its purely my preference. And @scalescliffs, i would still get a set up from @710Coils even if you have a Liger. As a back up or even a change of pace since they will be affordable. But it might replace the Liger.
Do you think the AIR would cause glass to break from the heat transfer? I've never owned or seen a 3.0 but it seemed like it was safe for glass compared to the D-nail style nails, so I'm curious where the AIR would land between the two.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Do you think the AIR would cause glass to break from the heat transfer? I've never owned or seen a 3.0 but it seemed like it was safe for glass compared to the D-nail style nails, so I'm curious where the AIR would land between the two.

I think any glass could break with the addition of high heat and stress. But I am not going to find out. lol I am sure there is many folks who use it directly on the rig's joint with no problems. I had a 14mm male to 18mm female glass adapter crack and break from the heat and stress of the Liger 3.0 30mm. It was a china gong adapter tho. I have also had a crack in my drop down joint from leaving the liger in the drop down for days while hot. The weight of the 3.0 Ligers and how far it sits off the joint creates a lot of stress and add in high heat to a stressed out situation is never good.

hankscuba

i dont think it would break from heat alone but possibly if you got cold water on the joint it might crack and break

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I just received my Liger-Air today (#87).
WOO-HOO!!!
And was wondering the same thing.

I think any glass could break with the addition of high heat and stress. But I am not going to find out. lol I am sure there is many folks who use it directly on the rig's joint with no problems. I had a 14mm male to 18mm female glass adapter crack and break from the heat and stress of the Liger 3.0 30mm. It was a china gong adapter tho. I have also had a crack in my drop down joint from leaving the liger in the drop down for days while hot. The weight of the 3.0 Ligers and how far it sits off the joint creates a lot of stress and add in high heat to a stressed out situation is never good.

I've run my 20mm & 30mm V3 Ligers direct into multiple different rigs and have never had any issue from heat (10mm & 14mm male joints).
A couple of the rigs were pricey too.
The joints all stayed cool enough that one could touch them with one's lips comfortably.

But all of these joints were clear glass, and I'm not sure now comfortable I am trying to run the Liger-Air direct with the previous comments that it's joints run quite hot.

How does one remove the bucket/airpath from the joint so one can change joint sizes?
I'm sure it's simple, but a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

PS My 14mm male joint fits my 14mm female jointed rig beautifully, nice fit.
I imagine that other's comments regarding tight or loose fit with their 14mm male joint probably stem from disparities in the size of their "14mm" glass joint, not the CNC milled 14mm Ti joint.

:peace:

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I just received my Liger-Air today (#87).
WOO-HOO!!!
And was wondering the same thing.

I've run my 20mm & 30mm V3 Ligers direct into multiple different rigs and have never had any issue from heat (10mm & 14mm male joints).
A couple of the rigs were pricey too.
The joints all stayed cool enough that one could touch them with one's lips comfortably.

But all of these joints were clear glass, and I'm not sure now comfortable I am trying to run the Liger-Air direct with the previous comments that it's joints run quite hot.

How does one remove the bucket/airpath from the joint so one can change joint sizes?
I'm sure it's simple, but a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

PS My 14mm male joint fits my 14mm female jointed rig beautifully, nice fit.
I imagine that other's comments regarding tight or loose fit with their 14mm male joint probably stem from disparities in the size of their "14mm" glass joint, not the CNC milled 14mm Ti joint.

:peace:

A twist and turn to get it on and off. Its just a dimple on opposite sides in the ring that holds it in. The 14mm adapter works great on all my 14mm females as well.

FYI, the 10mm joint does not come off and cannot be removed. Which is why i rather use a glass reducer than their ti joint adapter. So if your just using the 10mm male, you do nothing at all to the air. If you need it to be 14mm, then grab the smaller donut and depending on if you want male or female is how you know which side you want up or down.

As for the joint being hot or not, i dont touch the joint to see if its hot, i know its hot, i touch the joint that it was just in. If i cant leave my finger in the joint. its fucking hot. But this has only happened on the 30mm liger and not the 20mm Liger even though they weigh roughly the same.

Shooby,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom