Carta by Focus V

rskangler

So went to clean atty and now it seems like its acting like the herb atty is in there. Does not get very hot and stays on for about 3 minutes not the 40 seconds like the conc. atty was doing..And I dont have a herb atty...Help!!!!

OK got it..messed with it turning on and off and now back to normal..

When I connect to the app I have to screw my atty on just right or it’ll say it’s an herb atty. i just use That to gauge if I’m in oil or herb more. Hope that helps, otherwise remove atty and rescrew back on to see it recognizes it
Did that and now works..Thanks for the help..

Last edited by a moderator:
rskangler,

Gakiya309

So just received my repair kit, and I have literally never messed with repairing any atomizers lol. Does anyone have any instructions or tips on how to replace the ceramic disc? Appreciate the help.

Gakiya309,

Hoosier

So just received my repair kit, and I have literally never messed with repairing any atomizers lol. Does anyone have any instructions or tips on how to replace the ceramic disc? Appreciate the help.

Pull the gold pin on the bottom. Notice how one wire rests between the pin and the grommet. Pull the grommet. Flip atomizer over and pull out the ceramic disc. Might require a little adjusting of the wires from the bottom. Clean the metal atomizer body and pin with iso. Dry. Take new heater and install from top, guiding the wires thru the holes. Allow long wire to rest against the atomizer body, and insert grommet with the shorter wire in the middle. Insert pin so that the shorter wire is pinched between pin and grommet like before. Trim wires.

Azn2101

Ok this has to be something on my end of the app or I just have really bad luck.

My 3rd base arrived today and out of the box it was syncing with the app & 3-Click battery check worked (1st base problem) and when using the app with the unit it does a proper H.U.T. just as it would when using the 4 preset temps or any other devices H.U.T. (2nd base issue)

Now I'm having trouble getting the 3rd base to recognize an atomizer as a non-dry herb atomizer.

I saw that someone has this issue like one page pack but I'm trying all different types of atomizer tightness on the threads. Resetting the battery. Using different regular atomizers. Charging. Flipping the batteries and Nothing has worked.

I'm completely fine with keeping my original model with the Bluetooth issues cause to me that's just an extra safety feature to have to resync the base every time. That way I don't pocket fire it if I don't close the app or click my phone to sleep mode and the battery level flashes every time you go to use the thing so I don't really care but I understand that they want all the faulty units back.

Can this be an issue with my phone? I use a pretty old version of an Android OS (6. Something) with. None of the models left the house or have been dropped but I'm questioning if I'm doing something wrong.

I still have the original base and it's working on close to 200 dabs on the first atomizer so I think I'm doing everything right based on videos I've seen and just plain usage and getting good results over those 200 dabs.

Anyone have any thoughts before I email them back about another base replacement or to try and convince them to let me keep the original base with it's slight defects?

The thing kicks ass and the customer service rocks and again I'm not worried but I always feel kinda stupid when I send the initial email saying "Everything is good" then minutes to hours later sending one saying "Whoops, spoke too soon."

I did take an unboxing video to keep things recorded just in case this happened again but unfortunately it only shows me taking the initial dab and reporting that it was fully functioning. Not the part of me trying to activate the 2nd dab though cause I thought everything was good to go.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Azn2101,

Hoosier

Ok this has to be something on my end of the app or I just have really bad luck.

My 3rd base arrived today and out of the box it was syncing with the app & 3-Click battery check worked (1st base problem) and when using the app with the unit it does a proper H.U.T. just as it would when using the 4 preset temps or any other devices H.U.T. (2nd base issue)

Now I'm having trouble getting the 3rd base to recognize an atomizer as a non-dry herb atomizer.

I saw that someone has this issue like one page pack but I'm trying all different types of atomizer tightness on the threads. Resetting the battery. Using different regular atomizers. Charging. Flipping the batteries and Nothing has worked.

I'm completely fine with keeping my original model with the Bluetooth issues cause to me that's just an extra safety feature to have to resync the base every time. That way I don't pocket fire it if I don't close the app or click my phone to sleep mode and the battery level flashes every time you go to use the thing so I don't really care but I understand that they want all the faulty units back.

Can this be an issue with my phone? I use a pretty old version of an Android OS (6. Something) with. None of the models left the house or have been dropped but I'm questioning if I'm doing something wrong.

I still have the original base and it's working on close to 200 dabs on the first atomizer so I think I'm doing everything right based on videos I've seen and just plain usage and getting good results over those 200 dabs.

Anyone have any thoughts before I email them back about another base replacement or to try and convince them to let me keep the original base with it's slight defects?

The thing kicks ass and the customer service rocks and again I'm not worried but I always feel kinda stupid when I send the initial email saying "Everything is good" then minutes to hours later sending one saying "Whoops, spoke too soon."

I did take an unboxing video to keep things recorded just in case this happened again but unfortunately it only shows me taking the initial dab and reporting that it was fully functioning. Not the part of me trying to activate the 2nd dab though cause I thought everything was good to go.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Are you sure that you are not just in Celsius?

Hoosier,

MonkeyTime

Does the atomizer repair kit work for both the v1 & v2 atomizers or no? Thx!

If anyone can make a video when doing the repair that would be most welcome.

I asked CS this and they said the disks could be used on either atty.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Summer

Dragonlore

Haven't had a chance to post updates. I've been off adding to my growing collection of surgeries.
Like most others, my base was replaced, and i have no issues with replacement.
It connects to app perfectly.

Dry herb atty works very well. It will be nice to have that option available on the go.

@Azn2101 copy and paste your post and send that to them. I think it perfectly expresses your issue.

Dragonlore,

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
100% sure. Been at 590°F in a titanium dish running 1min exclusively for the last...like almost 2 weeks.

I have the same problem with the 2 dry atomizers they sent. They will register as dab atomizers. I’ve finally been able to unscrew it enough for it to register sometimes as a herb atty but, it’s so loose that if you touch the unit it will stop working. I emailed them to see if it’s the atty or base.

I did notice one thing. On the back of the boxes I got it has concentrate atomizer checked and not dry herb atomizer. Does your box have concentrate or dry herb checked?

seapickle,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys

crunch time now. if you guys want your custom engraving done I need what you want put into it by end of day tomorrow! just shoot me a message with your engraving and ill get it situated.

maxymods

Any word on the iOS app?
Did you ever get your app installed? had to reinstall due to app white screening and ran into same error you posted. Think it was happening due to all the files still being inside a .zip once i extracted the .zip into a folder and reinstalled the app normal way it worked again.

maxymods,

started@52

Did you ever get your app installed? had to reinstall due to app white screening and ran into same error you posted. Think it was happening due to all the files still being inside a .zip once i extracted the .zip into a folder and reinstalled the app normal way it worked again.
No, haven’t had the urge to try again.

started@52,

mc

Hey guys

crunch time now. if you guys want your custom engraving done I need what you want put into it by end of day tomorrow! just shoot me a message with your engraving and ill get it situated.

wait what's this for, did I miss something? I just sent you a PM.

mc,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
What's being engraved?

You guys as beta members can have the option to replace the serial number with some custom lettering. but i will need it by sunday.

for example in stead of a standard serial number 'FJDF3493595F3" . you can replace it with something like "SUMMER"

What's this I hear about a lawsuit from Puffco against the Carta?

Any public word?

the last any of our two companies spoke they where sent a letter basically telling them we are more than happy to compete in an open market.

Obviously the letter then are sending around is a bit of a side bully tactic. They pretty clearly put "we believe" they are infringing on IP.

The truth of the matter is they have no granted IP. On the other hand we do own a patent on the atomizer technology that the majority of the e-rigs are using now. so if there was to ever be a lawsuit it would come from our end. sooner than later.

due to the sensitive nature of the topic in general that will be the last I elaborate on the subject kk. we can always discuss more in PM.

Any plans for the app to work on iOS11?

should work with iOS11 now. are you using the most up to date version from our IG link?

wait what's this for, did I miss something? I just sent you a PM.

Engravings for the bottom of the Magna Carta Kits the beta team is getting.

chuloquiles

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get stellar vapor production with dry herb attys? I’ve tried a plethora of techniques but haven’t been successful. I’ve seen vids of people pumping out massive clouds. I’m a seasoned vaporist. I was thinking maybe I need to dial in the temp but my iOS app stopped working and I cannot sideload it either.

On another note I picked up some quarts terp balls and I’m getting massive rips on the second heat setting, I’d highly recommend picking some up for the flavor chasers and the cloud chasers. You get the best of both.

chuloquiles,

bannakaffalatta

So, I have been using the new Carta base I got for the last couple of weeks perfectly fine. I'm even able to use the App with it perfect and hitting great at around 670-715F.

Now today the ceramic gets red hot no matter what temperature I put it at. I tried another atomizer and it does the same.

ZbVWsDS.jpg

Should I try my last atomizer or put in a warranty claim?

bannakaffalatta,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
Should I try my last atomizer or put in a warranty claim?

Since you have another one on hand, I'd try it before you put in a claim. It would be helpful for CS to know upfront when you file. Use it or not, you still have to file a claim, regardless, since the atomizers or base unit is bad.

Last edited:
Summer,

bannakaffalatta

Since you have another one on hand, I'd try it before you put in a claim. It would be helpful for CS to know upfront before you file the claim.

Yea, I just tried a brand new one and that looked like it even got hotter. I heard a lot of sizzling on it and the taste of the smoke was burnt.

Warranty claim it is.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Haven't bought a vaporizer in some time, could resist to a black magna. Let's hope it is everything my peak wasn't!

b0,
Top Bottom