Carta by Focus V

MiztressNemesis

Long time lurker but now posting. I got my Carta shipped here to Canada from CCV on Friday and have been enjoying it immensely. I just went to turn it on and it now only flashes 4 green lights and then nothing else - no heating etc. I have removed the batteries and reinserted them and also re-charged them and no joy. I have only the single atty until Monday when I should get the spare I ordered but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas? I also cannot get the app to see and pair the Carta either so no help there. Not sure how I would warranty the atty since I bought this from CCV and not direct. Thanks for any help!

MiztressNemesis,

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
Long time lurker but now posting. I got my Carta shipped here to Canada from CCV on Friday and have been enjoying it immensely. I just went to turn it on and it now only flashes 4 green lights and then nothing else - no heating etc. I have removed the batteries and reinserted them and also re-charged them and no joy. I have only the single atty until Monday when I should get the spare I ordered but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas? I also cannot get the app to see and pair the Carta either so no help there. Not sure how I would warranty the atty since I bought this from CCV and not direct. Thanks for any help!

That sounds like a bad atty. Even if you didn’t buy direct you should file a claim with Focus V. I don’t think it matters if you bought direct or not. For iOS the app auto connects if the Carta is turned on and the app started. I’m guessing Android is similar. If you haven’t you should email info@focusvproducts.com they are usually pretty helpful.

MiztressNemesis

That sounds like a bad atty. Even if you didn’t buy direct you should file a claim with Focus V. I don’t think it matters if you bought direct or not. For iOS the app auto connects if the Carta is turned on and the app started. I’m guessing Android is similar. If you haven’t you should email info@focusvproducts.com they are usually pretty helpful.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I assumed from reading other people's experiences with the flashing green lights so I submitted an atty warranty with Focusvape earlier. Thank You for the email address. I will give them an email! The Android app issue I see many other people having but problem is, we only have Samsung Galaxy phones around here and the S8, S9+ and the S10+ as well as 2 tablets all will not show/connect to the Carta. I am guessing it is an issue with the app and these phones from reading here and there. Hopefully it can be addressed soon.

MiztressNemesis,

mmafighterthe25

Anyone know batteries from Amazon that work with carta. Anyone know when regular atomizers will be back up on the site, I only see the herb one.

mmafighterthe25,

MonkeyTime

Thanks for the reply. That is what I assumed from reading other people's experiences with the flashing green lights so I submitted an atty warranty with Focusvape earlier. Thank You for the email address. I will give them an email! The Android app issue I see many other people having but problem is, we only have Samsung Galaxy phones around here and the S8, S9+ and the S10+ as well as 2 tablets all will not show/connect to the Carta. I am guessing it is an issue with the app and these phones from reading here and there. Hopefully it can be addressed soon.

I think most people having problems with Android and the app connecting have bad base units.

Mine wouldn't connect to any of my phones including 3 different Samsung models on three different OS's. FV replaced my unit and they all connect instantly.

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
Anyone know batteries from Amazon that work with carta. Anyone know when regular atomizers will be back up on the site, I only see the herb one.
You need flat top 18350 batteries. I would recommend ordering batteries from a reputable store/supplier like illumn and not Amazon. I picked up a set of these KeepPower in Feb and they work good. I think with shipping a set of them was $14 from illumn.

https://www.illumn.com/batteries-ch...imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

MiztressNemesis

I think most people having problems with Android and the app connecting have bad base units.

Mine wouldn't connect to any of my phones including 3 different Samsung models on three different OS's. FV replaced my unit and they all connect instantly.

Good info! Thanks! I just sent an email to them from the email seapickle mentioned and let them know about both the atty issue and the base not connecting so hopefully they get back to me soon. I got to use it for a little while on the Friday I got the unit and LOVED it while it worked although I was sad about not being able to use the app. Ah well, just have to get it sorted and warrantied.

MiztressNemesis,

mmafighterthe25

Good info! Thanks! I just sent an email to them from the email seapickle mentioned and let them know about both the atty issue and the base not connecting so hopefully they get back to me soon. I got to use it for a little while on the Friday I got the unit and LOVED it while it worked although I was sad about not being able to use the app. Ah well, just have to get it sorted and warrantied.

Yea I was one of the first v2 adopter's. My base wouldn't connect on wifi. I hit them up on Instagram an Bam got hole new package in mail. I got a whole new everything. So now I got two cartas one with app one without ha.

Hussan311

Yea I was one of the first v2 adopter's. My base wouldn't connect on wifi. I hit them up on Instagram an Bam got hole new package in mail. I got a whole new everything. So now I got two cartas one with app one without ha.

Same thing happened with me thats awesome they let you keep everything i had to send them my base back but i did get to keep all the accessories so that was really awesome of them

Hussan311,

Waiting4carta

Has anyone got the app to work on an s10+ yet? I have the app running on and old phone (s5) but no success on the s10+.

Waiting4carta,

Seriouscollector420

I just want to quickly say I am a dab noob so to speak, but have always loved herb. I came on this forum late and after getting the peak I read more about the carta and ended up getting one.

Focus V is fantastic, not only their product but their customer service and ability to respond to most messages on this forum unlike ex. Lotus labs with their lux is a plus. Constant communication is what keeps me and most I know wanting to be involved more and about a company's product.

I made some errors when first purchasing as a beginner, I too did not know about the inserts when immediately charging the device with that loud buzz, thankfully after 8 hours of finally figuring it out I opened the battery compartment and took out the inserts.

They not only cover warranties on their atmoizers which is a definite plus but actually sending me a new unit having to just send the base back, I now have a herb attachment atomizer and extra concentrate atomizer as well, anxious to receive the new unit and try out the app myself.

Excellent and continuous customer service, I am going to get the helix glass and the dab lab glass, I hope to be a contribution to this forum once I get all the parts for the most part after reading through 50 pages of the history of this device I will keep it to tweaking and comments as not to flood the forum.

7-10 is coming

MiztressNemesis

I must say, even though my atty and base seem to be borked within 24 hours of my purchase, I still like the concept of the Carta. I have shown a few people here and while they are interested, the fact mine is unworking and unconnecting is not making anybody want one...yet. I think once they see it working and try it, they will purchase because, let's face it, the Carta would be perfect if 100% working! Product concept is amazing and I got to try it for a handful of dabs and WOW! I want to invest more in it even though it is a paperweight atm. That shows the product has a great chance to take over the market imo. Maybe fully testing before sending out might help. Dunno. Hoping I hear from FocusVape today though...

Seriouscollector420

...so you could give us a quick comparison of the two? I have a hard time deciding between these...

Have a great day!

I would go with the Senior Stoner on YouTube for comparisons between the two, as far as which is better personally I believe the Focus Carta wins for a few reasons, one the ability to change out the batteries and get better performance each time vs the peak you cannot and after 6 months of continuous use as shown by the Senior Stoner the performance deteriorates over time because of not able to change the battery. 2- Focus's warranties are solid head on, 3 year warranty and 30 day warranty on the atomizer. As far as actual performance myself I am still waiting after sending the base unit back, I only used each once so hard to tell myself but by reviews online and this forum I would definitely go with the Carta.

mmafighterthe25

Same thing happened with me thats awesome they let you keep everything i had to send them my base back but i did get to keep all the accessories so that was really awesome of them

Yep I broke the glass a week before so I got new one was awesome an yea they didn't say about sending anything back

mmafighterthe25,

MiztressNemesis

......As far as actual performance myself I am still waiting after sending the base unit back, ...

So I am guessing they sent you folks postage paid label to send it back? As of writing this, I have not heard anything on my email or warranty submission however, they managed to accept payment and ship me the extra batteries and repair kit I bought from them Saturday so they MUST be around. Wondering if the warranty issues are overwhelming them maybe? Very Disappointing, this atty and base issue stuff. :( Sucks to have a product that is THAT AWESOME suffering all these QC issues I see.

MiztressNemesis,
Reactions: curteee

Seriouscollector420

So I am guessing they sent you folks postage paid label to send it back? As of writing this, I have not heard anything on my email or warranty submission however, they managed to accept payment and ship me the extra batteries and repair kit I bought from them Saturday so they MUST be around. Wondering if the warranty issues are overwhelming them maybe? Very Disappointing, this atty and base issue stuff. :( Sucks to have a product that is THAT AWESOME suffering all these QC issues I see.

Correct it is FedEx prepaid shipping label, they take a few days sometimes when extremely busy but they will get back to you and they care about their customers that is why I stand by this company so much!

MiztressNemesis

Correct it is FedEx prepaid shipping label, they take a few days sometimes when extremely busy but they will get back to you and they care about their customers that is why I stand by this company so much!

And this is why I pulled the trigger and purchased the Carta even with seeing all the base and atty issues! TBH, when I ordered, I expected to have issues with it from all the posts here and other places so I am not shocked, just disappointed. It is like....I can actually finally SEE the Holy Grail but I still just cannot reach it!! :o LOL Thanks for the post, it absolutely helps to hear all of the issues with the Carta being warrantied and addressed. Patience is a virtue I will need for this process, I expect. :p

Seriouscollector420

And this is why I pulled the trigger and purchased the Carta even with seeing all the base and atty issues! TBH, when I ordered, I expected to have issues with it from all the posts here and other places so I am not shocked, just disappointed. It is like....I can actually finally SEE the Holy Grail but I still just cannot reach it!! :o LOL Thanks for the post, it absolutely helps to hear all of the issues with the Carta being warrantied and addressed. Patience is a virtue I will need for this process, I expect. :p

I am confident you will reach it soon, once I get base back I will try the herb and concentrate attachments, but then I want the helix glass attachments as well, and then now the dab lab glass made for the carta and the peak, so once I have all those and get the machine working I believe I can test it at its maximum, but also just looking forward to trying the herb attachment as well.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Many companies employ fulfillment centers to ship out their products. So an order being processed and shipped has nothing to do with customer support

Also most of these erig companies have a shitty policy of customer support (a job that can be done from bed) not working weekends. So if you have an issue on friday expect to wait for help.

MiztressNemesis

Many companies employ fulfillment centers to ship out their products. So an order being processed and shipped has nothing to do with customer support

Also most of these erig companies have a shitty policy of customer support (a job that can be done from bed) not working weekends. So if you have an issue on friday expect to wait for help.

I can appreciate that is a possibility of fulfillment centers although I wonder if this company is big enough to outsource that sort of thing. Indeed, patience will be the order of the day for this. :)

MiztressNemesis,

subway13029

I filed a warranty claim on sunday of last week and few days went by and they asked for few more details..they wanted a screenshott of my purchase receipt from where i bought it and then that was it so im sure they are taking care of cuz i havent heard bavk but i know in dealing with randall from when he was at boundless then we are fine.

Seriouscollector420

I filed a warranty claim on sunday of last week and few days went by and they asked for few more details..they wanted a screenshott of my purchase receipt from where i bought it and then that was it so im sure they are taking care of cuz i havent heard bavk but i know in dealing with randall from when he was at boundless then we are fine.

That is the same with what they did for me, it took a few extra days to hear back but they did respond.

I can appreciate that is a possibility of fulfillment centers although I wonder if this company is big enough to outsource that sort of thing. Indeed, patience will be the order of the day for this. :)

I received my tracking email info today for the warranty and new carta coming, so again it just takes awhile because they are busy alot but well worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gn0sis

just pulled the trigger on a Carta and excitedly waiting for it to come in the mail.

what are some of the best aftermarket carb caps for the Carta? When i tried my friend's stock one, I felt like it could be made a bit better...

Gn0sis,
Top Bottom