• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

Fkn0wned

I saw on IG that the livestream was delayed until tomorrow, what will be shown off and will you clip some of it to upload just in case people happen to miss it, and do you still plan on opening orders for the first 150 January launch on the 16th or 17th have you settled on a day?

If we happen to be one to order in whens the earliest we should recieve it?

I was wondering earlier in the thread you said you were going to show off the mobile application still plans to do that?

Will you still be taking individual pictures of the Helix Glass prototypes you got and you could possibly do a poll/vote on the best option/design to come with the release package.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I saw on IG that the livestream was delayed until tomorrow, what will be shown off and will you clip some of it to upload just in case people happen to miss it, and do you still plan on opening orders for the first 150 January launch on the 16th or 17th have you settled on a day?

If we happen to be one to order in whens the earliest we should recieve it?

I was wondering earlier in the thread you said you were going to show off the mobile application still plans to do that?

Will you still be taking individual pictures of the Helix Glass prototypes you got and you could possibly do a poll/vote on the best option/design to come with the release package.

I am leaning towards the 17th for the presale ( although I could "surprise announce it" during the livestream! Lol

The earliest you would receive it is Feb. 4th

During this stream I will show off the app forsure and I can discuss the carta in much more detail.

I will take photos individually and show them off for you guys no problem. Hopefully I can do that before the stream today.

So the stream will be 6:30pm PST this time. (Thursday)

(FYI these shops in Amsterdam do not like filming lol hence the postponed livestream haha )

I can do a poll to determine the order in which they are released for sure but for the initial release we already have the standard glass in production so the only upgrade option would be a helix American.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I am leaning towards the 17th for the presale ( although I could "surprise announce it" during the livestream! Lol

The earliest you would receive it is Feb. 4th

During this stream I will show off the app forsure and I can discuss the carta in much more detail.

I will take photos individually and show them off for you guys no problem. Hopefully I can do that before the stream today.

So the stream will be 6:30pm PST this time. (Thursday)

(FYI these shops in Amsterdam do not like filming lol hence the postponed livestream haha )

I can do a poll to determine the order in which they are released for sure but for the initial release we already have the standard glass in production so the only upgrade option would be a helix American.
I remain unclear which piece is the Helix American, but am excited to find out!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just curious. When you say the buckets on the source fill a little small, is this due to lack of size to apply your dab or more of a overflow issue when heating?

Sure thing give me a bit to put together photos of each on a carta. For the time being here is a overview of them all I posted on Instagram

IMG_20190108_151208.jpg

Hey man! With the 10mm source bucket it does bubble and boil out in the very beginning of a cold start dab for sure. But more than that , if I use a cap with airflow into the bucket, the oil gets blown out and around. Plus I like my temps low so my globs stay liquid for a while the dab is vaporizing. Hopefully this isn't an issue on the Carta.

I like the bent neck shape of the one on the unit for sure! But will you ask helix to put the 2 or 3 perc holes on the same side, specifically on the back side towards the mouthpiece. Even with the bent neck I find people slightly tilting these back and this keeps you from having to "Lean forward" to get the rig to perc. The Peak is set up like this also for that reason, and several other rigs I have. If Helix made any of those without perc holes on the front, hit it and see what I mean.
Here is a nice Willy P glass piece I have that has a puck perc, but he only put holes on the back or the puck. This thing churns water level or laid back!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfKrc-Pnu0q/

And this is my Peak low and slow with a thick quartz insert and a homemade atomizer using an 11mm ceramic donut. I actually have made Peak atomizers that hit harder and milder than stock. Matching heaters with the proper insert is the key. That's why I like the idea of a fairly universal insert size in general.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQEBkIHRZB/

Last edited:

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I like the bent neck shape of the one on the unit for sure! But will you ask helix to put the 2 or 3 perc holes on the same side, specifically on the back side towards the mouthpiece. Even with the bent neck I find people slightly tilting these back and this keeps you from having to "Lean forward" to get the rig to perc. The Peak is set up like this also for that reason, and several other rigs I have. If Helix made any of those without perc holes on the front, hit it and see what I mean.
Here is a nice Willy P glass piece I have that has a puck perc, but he only put holes on the back or the puck. This thing churns water level or laid back!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfKrc-Pnu0q/

And this is my Peak low and slow with a thick quartz insert and a homemade atomizer using an 11mm ceramic donut. I actually have made Peak atomizers that hit harder and milder than stock. Matching heaters with the proper insert is the key. That's why I like the idea of a fairly universal insert size in general.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQEBkIHRZB/
The perc holes are something I'll have to study in more detail when I land. Curious, what setting is the peak at in your IG video?

Make sure to checkout the stream tonight I will go over some of the finer details and some of our testing results with other bucket materials etc..

Ig: @focusvproducts

FocusV,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The perc holes are something I'll have to study in more detail when I land. Curious, what setting is the peak at in your IG video?

Make sure to checkout the stream tonight I will go over some of the finer details and some of our testing results with other bucket materials etc..

The Peak has 4 settings that CANNOT be changed like yours. They are
BLUE / 450 ° - GREEN (Medium) / 500 ° RED (Large) / 550 ° - WHITE (XL) / 600 °

That was a 13mm ceramic donut homemade atomizer so it takes Red setting to achieve a hit about like the green stock. BUT the 10mm donut burn hotter so you either have to use a thicker insert, or a blue setting hit hits about like a red hit.

I have a couple of OEM Puffco Atomizers that will show you their heat profiles better. I will hit it on green (my sweet spot) and show you a clip of their pre-programmed temps for comparison. Luckily the addition of the app makes it not as big of a deal on the Carta. If the temps aren't perfect for you, just change em!.

Here is a hit on green of the OEM Stock atomizer and stock ceramic insert with Puffco bubble cap. This hit is cold loaded, if you prefer old school standard dabs the clouds are thicker.

Last edited:

Fkn0wned

Any captures of the stream for those that missed it?

You can save your live streams to your story should have done that I wasn't able to get on and watch so I missed all the details.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Any captures of the stream for those that missed it?

You can save your live streams to your story should have done that I wasn't able to get on and watch so I missed all the details.

Yea.... I usually do. But truth be told I was just so damn high by the end of that stream im surprised I was able to even click end I sat there for like 5 minutes after then it hit me I didn't save it!

And to top it off it was like one of the better streams iv done so far

I'll be doing random story's today while I clean each piece for the carta for photos and I will also post the carrying case and packaging today too.

Justpassedu

Is there any way to find the stream ? Can you link to it. Couldn't make it in time. Ty

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Is there any way to find the stream ? Can you link to it. Couldn't make it in time. Ty
Sorry unfortunately not! but in the future all streams will be youtube based so there will be a permanent record of it.

I will be posting a bunch of stuff later today (glass photos, photos of the carrying case and packaging etc..)

and I will also be announcing the pre-order details today as well.
(very late today, playing catch up a bit today sorry guys!)

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ok,

So this weekend i will be announcing the pre-sale on youtube so make sure to subscribe to our channel to get the notifications!

https://tinyurl.com/ya6kvrpa

Outside of that here are some photos with the different glass pieces:

carta-ig-2-og.jpg

carta-ig-3-og.jpg

THIS IS THE HELIX PIECE THAT WILL BE OFFERED AS THE UPGRADE!
carta-ig-4.jpg

THESE MOCKUPS ARE JUST FOR FUN AND NOT NECESSARILY WHAT WILL BE RELEASED.
carta-ig-5-og.jpg

carta-ig-1.jpg
carta-ig-2.jpg
carta-ig-3.jpg

HERE IS THE CARRYING CASE IT WILL COME IN INSIDE THE BOX

carta-case.jpg
carta-case-2.jpg

Fkn0wned

The helix glass upgrade looks nice, is the black and white two tone set in stone for the pre-sale orders?

A basic all black would be cool to have a matte type not glossy or anything I mean it would be simpler to do also no?

Maybe black with white power LEDs because I think there green as of now no, and a white power button that would be the little touch of color.

Fkn0wned,
Reactions: FocusV

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I think one of the future editions will be all black with part of it having the grip type texture potentially as well. (all white buttons and lights would look pretty slick on that)

The pre-sale units will be the black and white. It was my original design and i really wanted to see it through. I know not everyone will dig it haha but hopefully it will be good enough for people to get behind on the first run :)

I am pretty stoked to come out with different variations. Any other concepts you guys would potentially like to see let me know and ill try to mock them up first for review!

More Carta Carrying Case Photos:

carta-bag-open.jpg
carta-bag-open-2.jpg
carta-bag-3.jpg
carta-bag-4.jpg

Last edited:

tylerj55

@FocusV I was watching Rogers stream on IG the other day and he seemed really pissed about something and said it was going to be a fun year and insinuated there was going to be a lawsuit. Is that possibly about this device? I could see them being really upset about this device and the price point.

tylerj55,

biohacker

@FocusV I was watching Rogers stream on IG the other day and he seemed really pissed about something and said it was going to be a fun year and insinuated there was going to be a lawsuit. Is that possibly about this device? I could see them being really upset about this device and the price point.

Hopefully Puffco isn't pulling a Storz & Bickel! :lol: TBH, I couldn't see how a lawsuit wouldn't come out of this. IMO this is somewhat of a ripoff of the Peak "concept". :2c:

biohacker,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Hopefully Puffco isn't pulling a Storz & Bickel! :lol: TBH, I couldn't see how a lawsuit wouldn't come out of this. IMO this is somewhat of a ripoff of the Peak "concept". :2c:

I can't speak to what puff-co intentions are. I know personally I'm not concerned about it. The heating system we use isn't necessarily a new concept (literally just a large pen chamber). The concept of glass attachment on a atomizer for dabbing purposes is nothing new (dates back almost 8 years now).

Im sure when puffco developed the Puffco Plus pen, they didn't concern themselves with the larger companies who did it before them. heck they probably weren't met with any "ripoff" claims either haha :/

biohacker

Im sure when puffco developed the Puffco Plus pen, they didn't concern themselves with the larger companies who did it before them. heck they probably weren't met with any "ripoff" claims either haha :/

Hey man, just my opinion... and if S&B did it to Herbalizer, it's definitely possible. It almost looks like a Peak was taken apart in China and slightly re-engineered.

Is there a youtube pre-release sale announcement happening today?

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey man, just my opinion... and if S&B did it to Herbalizer, it's definitely possible. It almost looks like a Peak was taken apart in China and slightly re-engineered.

Is there a youtube pre-release sale announcement happening today?

haha no worries man just poking fun! and yes storz did it to a few companies actually like zephyr and arizer at one point i believe. Whatever happened with the herbalizer deal? its still for sale so I imagine its a closed case now?

Yes there will be a you-tube stream today. I plan to address this puff-co deal head on today. I try not to shy away from potential issues :)

biohacker

haha no worries man just poking fun! and yes storz did it to a few companies actually like zephyr and arizer at one point i believe. Whatever happened with the herbalizer deal? its still for sale so I imagine its a closed case now?

Herbalizer shut its doors, that's all I know.

Yes there will be a you-tube stream today. I plan to address this puff-co deal head on today. I try not to shy away from potential issues :)

That's what keeps me so interested! :brow::tup:

szai

I'm quite interested in this. Unfortunately I can't be in the beta release! I'm in the Caribbean ATM and on island break until 420, when I fly back home ins!

Top Bottom