Cannabis News

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

florduh

The only chance we have of any change in federal law is for the vote to hit the senate floor when Mitch is staring off into space.

The thing is, the guy already accidentally legalized mail order mids when he signed off on the Hemp Bill. And that was years before the strokes started.

I'll still say "lol RIP Bozo: when he croaks. But at least the guy did one half decent thing before he died after a lifetime of evil fuckery.

packwatch.gif

Gunky

The Department of Health and Human Services has recommended to the Drug Enforcement Administration that marijuana be reclassified as a lower-risk, Schedule III controlled substance, according to a person familiar with the recommendation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the issue. Marijuana is currently a Schedule I controlled substance, deemed alongside heroin and LSD as having the potential for abuse and with little or no accepted medical use. https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/08/30/hhs-recommends-marijuana-reclassified/

Gunky,
Reactions: florduh

JBone65

Interesting short video with a famous breeder explaining how he judges cannabis flower for personal consumption or for growing/selling. It's 1-2 months old.

The second linked video is newer. In it he gives his opinions on the nature of the industry, and the major differences between the original equatorial sativas and indicas from Asia and the middle east.

He originally developed blueberry, a pure indica, but sold the patent rights. It's still popular.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A friend recently pointed out that some retail sites he visited (including POTV) now say they will not ship to Massachusetts, Maine or Utah.
Idk the reason(s) but I assume they have to do with the word "vaporizer".

florduh

florduh,
Reactions: macbill

Pukka

What a fucking idiot
Does make me quite glad I left at the end of the 90's. It used to be such a lovely state ...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

What a fucking idiot
It's a mixed bag. AB 1207 was terrible. It would essentially do away with most existing cannabis packaging and marketing. Friends who work in making art for cannabis packaging were pretty concerned that their jobs were going to disappear. Vetoing that was a smart call.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

It's a mixed bag. AB 1207 was terrible. It would essentially do away with most existing cannabis packaging and marketing. Friends who work in making art for cannabis packaging were pretty concerned that their jobs were going to disappear. Vetoing that was a smart call.

I don't have a problem with that. My issue is with vetoing cannabis lounges over concerns about "worker health" in a State where hookah lounges are perfectly legal. And a State where home ownership is now a distant dream for average workers and Landlords are well within their rights to ban cannabis from their properties.

florduh

Currently New Mexico. Looooong story.

Thanks. I don't have anything particularly bad to say about NM. And I agree that Cali is riddled with problems. It's just that basically every other State is even worse.

The biggest problem in Cali is housing affordability. While houses are cheaper in Florida, the gap between wages and home prices is greater. Maybe the housing situation is better in the Free State of Texas, but they'll also put you in prison for possessing any amount of cannabis. And Houston traffic rivals LA, ime.

JBone65

Thanks. I don't have anything particularly bad to say about NM. And I agree that Cali is riddled with problems. It's just that basically every other State is even worse.

The biggest problem in Cali is housing affordability. While houses are cheaper in Florida, the gap between wages and home prices is greater. Maybe the housing situation is better in the Free State of Texas, but they'll also put you in prison for possessing any amount of cannabis. And Houston traffic rivals LA, ime.
Ok is the hidden gem for cannabis heads like me. Low prices, newish, clean, lots of jobs, minor traffic....IMO my home state of Texas has exploded with growth and a dangerously repressive state government. Ok is a red state in some ways (less regs, less bureaucracy, etc) but blue in the most important way (essentially free cannabis market). As a Texan, I severely underestimated Ok, but I knew it always had a wild side compared to Texas. Feel like I need to stick up for it now. 💙

florduh

Ok is the hidden gem for cannabis heads like me. Low prices, newish, clean, lots of jobs, minor traffic....IMO my home state of Texas has exploded with growth and a dangerously repressive state government. Ok is a red state in some ways (less regs, less bureaucracy, etc) but blue in the most important way (essentially free cannabis market). As a Texan, I severely underestimated Ok, but I knew it always had a wild side compared to Texas. Feel like I need to stick up for it now. 💙

Oh, I'd much rather live in OK than Texas. Not even a close contest due to the cannabis situation alone. Unfortunately OK also has a housing affordability crisis, more driven by low wages than high prices. The violent crime rate is also higher than California or Texas.

Not shitting on OK by any means. I'm sure the traffic is much better than bigger States. And if you luck out with a higher salary home ownership is at least an achievable goal.

florduh,

Pukka

My sainted Pa's family is from western OK. I'm kinda scared to be within 2 states travel, Dog knows what I'd do living in the same state. Plus I have bad memories of being the "long haired hippie type pinko" of the group back in the 60's.

Pukka,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

CANtalk

Marijuana ‘Entourage Effect’ With Multiple Cannabinoids Produces A Stronger And Longer Lasting High Than Pure THC, Study Finds

:peace: :leaf:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

PS: The above article on "previously undiscovered cannabis compound" and the next one(immediately above this one) both point to how little we really know about why mj does what it does and how it does it. Amazing how complicated the "entourage effects" are to produce. I'm an inveterate "sativa" and "indica" buyer rather than hybrids, but perhaps I've been deluding myself(and not only about this!). Looks like mj science is complex and complicated. Now lets get more and better research underway.

Last edited:

florduh

JBone65

Young people favoring a safer alternative to alcohol described as "alarming" by the company most boomers get their news from.
I'm thinking a high percentage of our "news" feed is really just high level marketing propaganda. News programs have to eek out a profit somehow, so they lure us in with actual news (pandemics, world wars, the rise of autocracy, etc) then tell us how to live by persuading us to eat pizza, take statins, drive gas guzzlers, stick with booze, etc. I sometimes look at Google news even though it's mostly BS. I've been clicking the buttons to hide the sources of obvious propaganda, but Google just finds more BS to serve up. Unless you're paying, even the serious news is clickbait. You can't get away from the ads and pop-ups.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Top Bottom