• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

florduh

While I think Fox is the worst of them, especially in this context when we're talking about prohibitionist propaganda, I don't have a high opinion of any of the news networks. They're all owned by criminal billionaires. IMO, there's no other kind. Cable News mostly consists of millionaires, paid by billionaires to convince regular working people their interests are aligned with the billionaire corporate elite. And it works.

I saw it clear as day during the 2020 primaries. I'd bounce between CNN and MSDNC. Any time they'd talk about Bernie or universal healthcare, some talking head would be there to shit all over it. Then they would cut to commercials. Health insurance company ad, drug company ad, investment bank ad, then another health insurance company ad for good measure. These people know exactly how their bread gets buttered.

I think they've gotten a little better on cannabis, but CNN had Nancy Grace squawking about "pot fiends" for years.

2 chainz lol GIF by Digg

Thing is, comparatively few people watch CNN. Fox is the most watched news network on earth. Their bullshit permeates the culture. I remember last year, my girlfriend's mom said she thought passengers were going crazy on airplanes because "they're making weed legal all over the place!" She's a big Fox Fan, so I knew exactly where she got that bullshit from. It took all of my patience not to blurt out, "no... people are going crazy on planes because of YOUR drug of choice...namely, barbequing your brain with political media all day."

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Your fight is against Capitalism, and I can't join you on that crusade. But if you want to fight against Fox news, their obvious lies and manipulation of their captive audience, I will join you on that any day. AAMOF I fight it every day in every conversation I have with the afflicted. And, sadly, they are not hard to find... :|

cybrguy,

florduh

Your fight is against Capitalism

That battle is long over. I'm sure too tired to revive it. Though speaking of which, I am getting waning days of the Soviet Union vibes from this country. No one believes any good will come, or even could hypothetically come from this political system, save for a small number of elites at the top and the Party faithful. If the next President has a grape juice stain on his forehead, I'm bouncing.

I don't even have the energy to fight Fox. When my future in-laws said pot is causing people to become violent psychos, I just let it pass. In my experience, telling people their favorite shows are bullshit makes them very angry, regardless of how chill I'm being about it.

Thank fuck for our socially funded BBC.

Brother, that's communism. In a Free Country, the news is funded by drug companies, banks, and the My Pillow guy. To no ill effect.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I haven’t been back to the states in well over five years, missed the entire orange administration :p, but I’ve definitely noticed on earlier trips that news and media in general has become screaming opinionated heads in whatever flavour of politics you want. I mean, fox is the absolute worst but no one does news story journalism anymore. It all seems designed to make people angry, vaguely anxious and generally low-level upset, when I mentioned it to American friends they just gave me blank looks. But yeah, freakin love the BBC and grateful to raise my sons in England.

EDIT: on the real tho- I would love to get a high-quality cart someday, too scared to try them over here.

JBone65

Your fight is against Capitalism, and I can't join you on that crusade. But if you want to fight against Fox news, their obvious lies and manipulation of their captive audience, I will join you on that any day. AAMOF I fight it every day in every conversation I have with the afflicted. And, sadly, they are not hard to find... :|
Political corruption and unbridled capitalism explains some of it.

The NRA (Wayne Lapiere) is under investigation for (allegedly) distributing gun manufacturer bribes directly to elected officials. It's no surprise a law shielding gun manufacturers from civil suits was passed under Bush in 2005. That year companies like Daniel Defense and Remington started marketed to gamers as discussed in the article below, and here we are today.

Senators pretend like they can't do anything because it's a second amendment right, but it's really all about the bribes. Even a high fraction of GOP and NRA members want background checks and a 21 year age requirement.

That's a serious problem, but that pales in comparison to the efforts to end free and fair elections and establish an eastern block style (autocratic) fake democracy. Whoever is in office when that starts will be there for life, just like in Russia, won't be able to flush the turds anymore. It's being presented as Jim Crow 2.0 only "forever" this time. Lots of sleeping white supremacy coming back to haunt us, which is expected and used in a fascist system.

Putin supposedly has >$100B in dirty money which he can't bank or spend legally in the west. He's using some of that, and blackmail, to win friends and influence people according to the U.S. Senate report linked below. Scroll to the bottom of the article and click on "full report" to read the Executive Summary.

No one, especially Putin, expected "Sleepy Joe" to step up and organize "the west" in an effort to help Ukraine defeat Russia, but he's doing what the report recommends.

Trump used to run around with the most notorious blackmailer in history, Epstein. A woman has been claiming in law suits over two decades that trump and Epstein raped her when she was 13. I don't doubt it, she first went public around 2001 way before anyone in the media knew about Epstein. This is very difficult to reconcile, considering what has been revealed about Epstein and his unexplained fortune. Putin obviously owns trump.

Anyway, I'm guessing Putin owns Rupert Murdoch as well. No matter what happens in Ukraine, it's not looking good for a continuation of democracy unless Democrats really turn out to vote in the 2024 election.

Sorry for the long post. Feeling some stress as I watch our world circling the drain.

Last edited:

florduh

news and media in general has become screaming opinionated heads in whatever flavour of politics you want.

FRhaYwiXIAITBeZ.jpg

EDIT: on the real tho- I would love to get a high-quality cart someday, too scared to try them over here.

If you know anyone producing ice water hash rosin, you can make a cart yourself that will rival the best stuff here.

Yeah my strategy is continue to involve myself in mutual aid during the present and coming collapse. And if we get liberated in the process then that is great.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't even have the energy to fight Fox. When my future in-laws said pot is causing people to become violent psychos, I just let it pass. In my experience, telling people their favorite shows are bullshit makes them very angry, regardless of how chill I'm being about it.
I'm not very good at keeping quiet. Keeping quiet is what got us here. Keeping quiet is what allowed racists and fascists to rise again in this country. Keeping quiet is what allowed gun manufactures to grab so many people by the testicles and make them feel they needed to buy military weapons and body armor to be safe from the hordes of immigrants coming here. Fuck keeping quiet.
Neither do I care much if I make people angry. I'm angry, why shouldn't they be? Maybe not having inlaws is a bonus. I don't have to be nice to ignorance and stupidity, I can say what I think and believe. There are certainly people I used be able to have a decent conversation with who have been totally corrupted and convinced of lies because it is easier to believe what makes you feel better than to make the effort to find the truth.

We are in serious trouble right now in this country. I will not go quietly...

florduh

I'm not very good at keeping quiet. Keeping quiet is what got us here. Keeping quiet is what allowed racists and fascists to rise again in this country. Keeping quiet is what allowed gun manufactures to grab so many people by the testicles and make them feel they needed to buy military weapons and body armor to be safe from the hordes of immigrants coming here. Fuck keeping quiet.
Neither do I care much if I make people angry. I'm angry, why shouldn't they be? Maybe not having inlaws is a bonus. I don't have to be nice to ignorance and stupidity, I can say what I think and believe. There are certainly people I used be able to have a decent conversation with who have been totally corrupted and convinced of lies because it is easier to believe what makes you feel better than to make the effort to find the truth.

We are in serious trouble right now in this country. I will not go quietly...

I totally take your point. And I honestly have a very understandable cannabis story (it literally saved my life), so I probably could've pushed back. My folks are totally lost in the Fox sauce too, but they're accepting of my cannabis use now.

I guess my thing is... let's say I totally disabuse them of every crazy notion they have. What's the best case scenario here? Now there are 2 more people voting the "right way"? No election ever comes down to 2 votes, especially if we're talking about Federal elections. So I have to balance that with the way more likely outcome... that her whole family thinks I'm a dumb libtard, we get disinvited from family events, and now my girlfriend is pissed at me.

If you're seeing success with confronting people, all the more power to you. I don't really know the way out of all this. I do think what @Grass Yes suggested is a good place to focus energy. I don't think much good is going to come out of national politics anytime soon. But there are differences to be made on the local level. Maybe that steamrolls into something larger.

Sorry for the long post. Feeling some stress as I watch our world swirling down the drain.

I literally don't know how non-weed users even deal with the news. That's the ridiculous thing about my gf's mom parroting prohibitionist BS from Fox. I think it's actually NOT consuming weed and just funneling news into your brain that's causing people to go insane.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

shredder

It sounds to me like they're getting ready for federal legalization and interstate commerce. So maybe, hopefully a good thing?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
“Stakeholders”…AKA wealthy people and their companies and lobbyists, not the many millions of people who are affected beyond just financially by our cannabis laws. :cuss:

You can bet some of these “stakeholders“ have benefited financially and pushed for financial punishment &/or incarceration of those many millions over a fucking plant. If you think about all the revenue streams the War on Drugs created, these “stakeholders” have got to pivot to wherever the money is. It’s nothing personal guys, why so angry? :huh:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, but the liberal noose media will never admit they’re owned by the exact same capital conglomerate as Fox 😂😂😂

They just write contrary narratives to keep the fools perpetually divided and at ends with each other. Sounds like it’s still working. 😅😅

I mean, in 4 years they were able to convince the exact same group of people that stolen elections were both physically impossible and had recently occurred 😂😂

Isn’t poly-ticks fun?

😱😱😱😱

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Having lived my entire adult life under prohibition (I first used cannabis in 1966) I'm happy to see movement. The fact that multiple states had representation and sponsored discussion is at least some form of openness.

JBone65

Having lived my entire adult life under prohibition (I first used cannabis in 1966) I'm happy to see movement. The fact that multiple states had representation and sponsored discussion is at least some form of openness.
I'm a little worried that federal decriminalization might somehow shut down Oklahoma's free market policies. We could end up with a tightly controlled, expensive marketplace nationwide. Everyone should consider growing their own (where legal) rather than be robbed and raped repeatedly. As it stands, the blackmarket might pull the price down in expensive states and countries. I read something about a couple of states considering cutting the excessive weed tax rate.

Last edited:

shredder

I'm a little worried that federal decriminalization might somehow shut down Oklahoma's free market policies. We could end up with a tightly controlled, expensive marketplace nationwide. Everyone should consider growing their own (where legal) rather than be robbed and raped repeatedly. As it stands, the blackmarket might pull the price down in expensive states and countries. I read something about a couple of states considering cutting the excessive weed tax rate.

The opposite is happening now in my state (michigan). Ounces for $80-99 at area dispensaries. $30 grams of live resin. The cheap ounces are 12-14% but still.

Im acutally stopping my grow, at least tempararily. I personally know of 2 other growers shutting down.

I dont know what will happen if the feds get envolved, but from here its not all doom and gloom for patients ATM.

florduh

The opposite is happening now in my state (michigan). Ounces for $80-99 at area dispensaries. $30 grams of live resin. The cheap ounces are 12-14% but still.

Im acutally stopping my grow, at least tempararily. I personally know of 2 other growers shutting down.

I dont know what will happen if the feds get envolved, but from here its not all doom and gloom for patients ATM.

Yeah, I don’t have to grow my own tomatoes to avoid paying $50 for a few grams worth. Though I have a liver to help filter out the chemicals or other shit agribusiness is spraying on them. Don't really have that benefit with inhalables, so there are other advantages to growing.

What’s the tax situation there? I really don't like the whole idea of slapping "sin" taxes on weed. It's regressive. If Uncle Sam needs more money, I have some ideas on where they can get it, and it's not from cannabis consumers. I'm less pissed about them if the out the door price is reasonable, but still.

I know part of the reason those "stakeholders" are meeting with the government is to ensure the future legal industry will be profitable for corporations. But maybe it shouldn't be. What would the price for a pound of weed be right now if prohibition never happened? Probably pretty close to a pound of tomatoes. Maybe there shouldn't be enough money in selling cannabis for lazy shareholders and executives to get fat off of it? Maybe there should only be enough money in it for the people actually doing the work to make a decent living.

I thought this type of thing might be a move in the right direction:

Note the emphasis on SMALL growers.

florduh

I just ordered and received, legally thru US Mail an ounce of hemp CBD flower (just under 17% cbd, high terpene), for $35, shipped.
I should be able to do the same with high thc cannabis, right?

Duhhh. Why didn't I think of that. Yes. That's the sort of model I like. And I already participate in it when buying my "daytime weed". Isn't the grey market mail order situation in Canada like that? You can just order affordable cannabis to your door with ease?

Vaporware

@JBone65 When there is a lot of supply from a lot of sources, competition on price is a real thing.

There is no truly “free market” though, especially for a product with so many legal issues, and if there was one it would quickly turn into Billionaire X’s WeedMart controlling the market. Then they would find new ways to keep you out.

Top Bottom