• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

shredder

That's homegrown though. By the time it gets to store shelves...theres a loooot of overhead there. I would be curious to see a legitimate cost breakdown of the entire chain from grower to end user

IMO the "joke" is needing a license to legally posses/consume. Especially considering its a "medical" license... meanwhile docs can prescribe opiates all day long and the consumer doesn't require a $100 license, to be renewed every 2 years

You could sell me on a "license" to produce and distribute to others. Pay-to-play medical cards are a complete scam as far as I'm concerned.

In my state a lot of medical users dropped out of the program when recreational passed.

But our state has zero tolerance for having thc in your blood if your in an accident or thought to be intoxicated.

People with a medical card are allowed to have an internal possession. A factor that could save thousands of dollars.

The politico article you posted reminds me of here before recreational passed. But since then it's become mostly a yawner.

Our current issue is dispensaries are paying politicians to pass laws limiting or eliminating private home grows. Apparently they aren't making enough money.

Hopefully your recreational law will be passed and the hysteria will die down. Good luck.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
In my state a lot of medical users dropped out of the program when recreational passed.

But our state has zero tolerance for having thc in your blood if your in an accident or thought to be intoxicated.

People with a medical card are allowed to have an internal possession. A factor that could save thousands of dollars.

The politico article you posted reminds me of here before recreational passed. But since then it's become mostly a yawner.

Our current issue is dispensaries are paying politicians to pass laws limiting or eliminating private home grows. Apparently they aren't making enough money.

Hopefully your recreational law will be passed and the hysteria will die down. Good luck.

To clarify I just kind of jumped in on this conversation... not my article or my state!

Plus as @JBone65 said, applicants rarely (if ever) get denied. You're basically buying privilege to use with the excuse/lie of a medical condition. Which you've seen when the med users dropped out once rec. came about

We're in limbo here in NY it feels like. supposedly shits gonna start opening up soon but we're legal, with nowhere to buy.

Personally I don't think I would ever look to get a med card... much rather just stick to my existing routine that has been working wonderfully for me. Obviously everybody is different especially between states

I would say the only way I see myself agreeing with med cards is if its for truly needed/screened patients and the med card waives the taxes & fees at point of sale. IMO that should be the only difference between medical and rec.

Right, but think of all the jobs it creates! Plus I get to basically buy some random doc who talks to me for 45 seconds a new set of golf clubs every year!

SOOO many jobs created, and frankly, countless childrens lives have been saved.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The real problem is that joke of a medical system blew away the "legal" recreational one in many regards.

Here in California they now act like there's no such thing as medical cannabis anymore, and all the purported healing benefits they claimed to pass medical cannabis are now gone since rec passed. Seems like all the progress our 20+ year medical program made is now just a joke since cannabis is just another recreational drug like peppermint schnapps now.

ugotmale

Bipartisan Attorneys General Tell Congress To Center Federal-State Cooperation In Marijuana Legalization Plans​

“It is imperative that legislation legalizing cannabis under federal law be accompanied by a post-legalization federal regulatory regime that respects federalism while working in concert with existing state regulation. In our view, it is now time for the federal government—in cooperation with States—to develop an efficient and effective regulatory framework, so that federal legalization, if and when it occurs, does not lead to a chaotic market where needed regulation is absent. Any regulatory framework must strike the right balance. It must avoid both under regulation and overregulation, allowing the development of a legal cannabis industry while implementing necessary public health and public safety oversight.”

Razhumikin

To clarify I just kind of jumped in on this conversation... not my article or my state!

Plus as @JBone65 said, applicants rarely (if ever) get denied. You're basically buying privilege to use with the excuse/lie of a medical condition. Which you've seen when the med users dropped out once rec. came about

We're in limbo here in NY it feels like. supposedly shits gonna start opening up soon but we're legal, with nowhere to buy.

Personally I don't think I would ever look to get a med card... much rather just stick to my existing routine that has been working wonderfully for me. Obviously everybody is different especially between states

I would say the only way I see myself agreeing with med cards is if its for truly needed/screened patients and the med card waives the taxes & fees at point of sale. IMO that should be the only difference between medical and rec.

SOOO many jobs created, and frankly, countless childrens lives have been saved.
The only reason to get a med card in new york is to be able to buy medical weed in maine, the medical system in NY itself is utter garbage.

florduh

The longer I vape the more I can't stand the smell of combustion under my nose... I thought I would be all about lounges, but the appeal seems to be fading fast for me. LOVE the symbolism though, huge step towards acceptance.

Yeah, the smell kind of puts me off too now. I'll still check them out though. I'd be happy to have an option for going out and getting fucked up that doesn't involve alcohol. Maybe I'll bring my TinyMight along and try to convert some folks. Having recently smoked a joint for the first time in a couple years, I don't think these people know what they're missing. Tasted like roasted ass.

@Ramahs you hould definitely stop by Planet 13 if you have the time, even if the lounges aren't open yet. It was probably the nicest dispo I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they had a pizza place in the dispensary!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The longer I vape the more I can't stand the smell of combustion under my nose... I thought I would be all about lounges, but the appeal seems to be fading fast for me. LOVE the symbolism though, huge step towards acceptance.

I'm with you. A friend gave the a pre-roll the other day, and I haven't been able to bring myself to smoke it because every time in the last couple of years that I've combusted when it was offered I always was reminded why I prefer to vape now. Smoke doesn't taste so good to me anymore. Maybe I'll just open it up and put that flower in a vape 😉

@Ramahs you should definitely stop by Planet 13 if you have the time, even if the lounges aren't open yet. It was probably the nicest dispo I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they had a pizza place in the dispensary!

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately I've never been to a legal dispensary at all, so I don't have anything to compare it to yet.
I'll have the chance to buy legal cannabis for the first time in my life next week! :razz:

JBone65

I could go for a weed sports bar and grill. I like the smell of burnt weed when others smoke it, brings back a flood of positive memories.

Have tried smoking joints of premium weed over the past few years, it tasted like burnt chemicals.

I now have several vaporizers but only one I like. It has the infamous lifetime warranty, so it might be down for repairs several weeks each year. I tell myself I'll just lay off next time that happens but I end up hitting the 1-hit pipe 5-6 times a day. I can't justify another premium vaporizer just for a few weeks each year.

On a related note, I mistakenly bought a cheap ounce of pure indica a while back. Wasn't "feeling it" in the vaporizer, had no further use for it, so I ordered a package of zig zags on eBay and rolled a few just for the hell of it. Sprinkled in some sativa for good measure. It didn't have the too strong flavor, kinda reminded me of a joint from 15-20 years ago. Smoking is nasty but I enjoyed it to some degree. Might could buy a bag of cheap sativa or sativa shake for rolling the occasional joint.

I don't like to think about all the weed I've combusted over the past 50 years, but it happened. 😵‍💫

This is partially off topic, sorry.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Weed lounges coming to a city near you!

I can certainly see them in a place like Las Vegas or in a city center where there is a lot of public transportation, but until they become commonplace, at least, I imagine they will just end up being a police trap for busting under the influence drivers, at least in the suburbs. :rolleyes:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Weed lounges coming to a city near you!

These were part of the recreational citizens initiative law that we passed here in Maine in 2016. Unfortunately once the legislature got a hold of it they stripped it from the implementation (they couldn‘t kill the law since it passed via referendum but they were able to fuck with it pretty good). We were looking forward to taking out of state guests to local “smoke easys” as Firesign Theatre called them. :lol:

Yeah me too. 12 plus years of not combusting has made me super sensitive.
I can certainly see them in a place like Las Vegas or in a city center where there is a lot of public transportation, but until they become commonplace, at least, I imagine they will just end up being a police trap for busting under the influence drivers, at least in the suburbs. :rolleyes:
This was what killed them here….the concern over high driving. Like it’s not rampant anyway. :doh:

JOHN GALT

Marijuana Had ‘Unprecedented’ Success In State Legislatures In 2021, NORML Report Shows​

Top Bottom