• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Here's How Long a Cannabis High Really Lasts, According to Science

If you ask 50 different people how long the effects of cannabis last, you're likely to get 50 different answers. This can be a problem for figuring out how long a patient using the drug for medical purposes is going to remain impaired.

A new meta-analysis of 80 papers has narrowed down this timeframe. Depending on factors such as how the cannabis is consumed and how strong it is, the user can remain impaired for between three and 10 hours.

Tranquility

Here's How Long a Cannabis High Really Lasts, According to Science

If you ask 50 different people how long the effects of cannabis last, you're likely to get 50 different answers. This can be a problem for figuring out how long a patient using the drug for medical purposes is going to remain impaired.

A new meta-analysis of 80 papers has narrowed down this timeframe. Depending on factors such as how the cannabis is consumed and how strong it is, the user can remain impaired for between three and 10 hours.
What I want to know is how I can get small for 10 hours on a single dose. C'mon scientists, start answering the real questions.

florduh

Clearly Senator Schumer is happy to lead on this issue, which will save Kamala from having to do it. I suspect he is a stoner just like us...

Nothing about Chuck particularly cries stoner, to me anyway. I think he's just terrified of a primary challenge. So I think legalization will pass, and it will be this Senate's one sop to the Left.

What gives me even more hope is this article with a fucking bananas title:

Koch-backed group joins effort to legalize weed after Zoom call with Snoop Dogg

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-New York) has also expressed interest in passing cannabis legalization reform. While the Democrats have a narrow majority in the Senate, Koch's involvement could be crucial in convincing enough Republicans to vote to legalize pot. Schumer would likely need about 10 Republican Senators to pass the legislation.

"We need 10 to 12 Republican senators," Angelos said, according to Politico. "With Koch's influence, I think that's likely a possibility."

Charles Koch's position on drugs is far to the Left of the Democratic Party's. He's for full legalization... of every drug. This is a good thing. Because Charles, despite never earning a single vote, is more powerful than Chuck, Nancy, Mitch, Donnie, Joe and all the rest.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Charles Koch's position on drugs is far to the Left of the Democratic Party's. He's for full legalization... of every drug. This is a good thing. Because Charles, despite never earning a single vote, is more powerful than Chuck, Nancy, Mitch, Donnie, Joe and all the rest.
I'm not sure Koch, a Libertarian, is to the "left".

290px-Nolan_chart_normal.svg.png

florduh

I'm not sure Koch, a Libertarian, is to the "left".

290px-Nolan_chart_normal.svg.png

No, no he's not. But in any Democratic Party primary, a candidate who wanted to legalize heroin and meth would be painted as "too far Left to win" by both the party and their media allies. I know this because I've watched it happen time and time again with candidates who simply wanted to legalize cannabis. I'm guessing a comparable scenario would play out for any Republican who promoted legal recreational drugs and abortion.

Tranquility

No, no he's not. But in any Democratic Party primary, a candidate who wanted to legalize heroin and meth would be painted as "too far Left to win" by both the party and their media allies. I know this because I've watched it happen time and time again with candidates who simply wanted to legalize cannabis. I'm guessing a comparable scenario would play out for any Republican who promoted legal recreational drugs and abortion.
While few Republicans would put abortion and recreational drugs in the same freedom category...

61cauOn58xL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Marijuana legalization has won

The US is nearing a tipping point of sorts on marijuana legalization: Almost half the country — about 43 percent of the population — now lives in a state where marijuana is legal to consume just for fun.

The past two months alone have seen a burst of activity as four states across the US legalized marijuana for recreational use: New Jersey, New York, Virginia, and, on Monday, New Mexico.

It’s a massive shift that took place over just a few years. A decade ago, no states allowed marijuana for recreational use; the first states to legalize cannabis in 2012, Colorado and Washington.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

As more states legalize marijuana, more children accidentally ingest THC-laced edibles

Poison control centers across the country say they have seen a spike in the number of children who have ingested THC after eating their parents' edibles, rising from just 19 cases in 2010, before recreational pot was legalized in any state, to 554 cases last year. About 400 of those cases were children under age 5.

======================================================================================

Americans overwhelmingly say marijuana should be legal for recreational or medical use

Fewer than one-in-ten (8%) say marijuana should not be legal for use by adults.

Last edited:

florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

US House passes 'hugely important' bill to let legal marijuana businesses access banks

the U.S. House of Representatives on Monday voted overwhelmingly in favor of a bill that would open the door to banking services for the legal cannabis industry.

=============================================================================================================

USPS Wants Hemp And CBD Vape Companies To Prepare For Upcoming Mailing Restrictions

USPS said it’s still in the process of finalizing its rule and deciding whether to extend an exception to certain vaping products including those that contain legal hemp-derived CBD. However, because the mailing restriction will take effect immediately after the regulations are finalized, the agency is providing guidance ahead of time on how to prepare to submit an application for an exemption if it in fact chooses to offer one.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape

florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
From the polling and statistic folks at Nate Silver's 538: MJ Legalization is Super Popular: Why Hasn't It Happened?

PS: The comments below the thread, FB non-moderated, have some interesting discussion.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

“Surprising” results from new CBD pain study

A new study from researchers at Syracuse University is presenting results from one of the first placebo-controlled trials exploring the influence of CBD on sensations of acute pain. The mixed results suggest CBD may reduce feelings of unpleasantness, helping one tolerate pain more effectively despite not actually lowering the intensity of pain.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

“Surprising” results from new CBD pain study

A new study from researchers at Syracuse University is presenting results from one of the first placebo-controlled trials exploring the influence of CBD on sensations of acute pain. The mixed results suggest CBD may reduce feelings of unpleasantness, helping one tolerate pain more effectively despite not actually lowering the intensity of pain.
I'm not surprised. Early on my wife only qualified for low dose cannabis (CBD) to deal with her level 10 migraines. The CBD didn't reduce the severity of the pain but it did reduce the body's stress associated with the pain which made the pain easier to deal with.

Unfortunately CBD didn't do anything for the nausea which was a huge issue. It wasn't until she qualified for full strength THC that the nausea was dealt with. I remember the neurologist wanting to prescribe nausea pills with the CBD ... I told him the only way she would be able to keep that nausea pill down was if the cannabis had enough THC to eliminate the nausea in the first place ..... and if she had a higher level of THC she wouldn't need the nausea pills. Sometimes I felt like we were dealing with a herd of Dr. Oz. when it came to cannabis.

Top Bottom