• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Study: CBD and Terpene Formulation Effective Against COVID-19 Symptoms

A study led by Israeli research and development firms Eybna and CannaSoul Analytics suggests that a combination of CBD with terpenes is three times more effective at preventing cytokine activity than corticosteroid dexamethasone, Forbes reports. So-called cytokine storms are one of the symptoms of COVID-19, causing inflammation, swelling, pain, loss of organ function, and can cause the immune system to kill the body’s own cells.

C No Ego

Cannabis advocates are not over the moon on the guidance.

Anticipated FDA guidelines fall short of cannabis sector’s expectations
A new guidance document released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finally addresses the topic of clinical research as it relates to cannabis and derivative products.

But the seven-page draft, “Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Compounds: Quality Considerations for Clinical Research Guidance for Industry,” is a bit of a letdown for both the marijuana and hemp industries.

The document, released Tuesday, focuses on topics such as pharmaceutical quality and chemistry, manufacturing and controls.

What it doesn’t do is set up regulations or rules for cannabis businesses.

And that’s what the hemp industry, especially the hemp-derived CBD sector, has been awaiting.

The FDA said the guidance illustrates the agency’s “current thinking” about clinical research and the development of drugs containing naturally derived cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds.

The document does not, however, shed any light on how the FDA views research as it relates to medical marijuana.

FDA issues guidance for clinical research and development on drugs containing cannabis and derived products

FDA approved Epidiolex and then a few months later DEA took it completely off of scheduling ... it is a cannabis plant tincture . a plant drug made from = you guessed it - WEED ! FDA is just going to hold up further progress as they silently approved GW pharma botanical drugs only in the background...

Tranquility

FDA approved Epidiolex and then a few months later DEA took it completely off of scheduling ... it is a cannabis plant tincture . a plant drug made from = you guessed it - WEED ! FDA is just going to hold up further progress as they silently approved GW pharma botanical drugs only in the background...
While I agree, when you read the inventor's dissertation he based the company on, the real invention was getting a replicable dose. There is a lot of science behind getting exact levels of the exact things you want when plants vary each growing season and among themselves.

Tranquility,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

While I agree, when you read the inventor's dissertation he based the company on, the real invention was getting a replicable dose. There is a lot of science behind getting exact levels of the exact things you want when plants vary each growing season and among themselves.

indeed , plant breeders cloning from a mother plant is about as close as you can get on all that ... like Mother plants that have been growing and making clones for a long long time ...

Tranquility

indeed , plant breeders cloning from a mother plant is about as close as you can get on all that ... like Mother plants that have been growing and making clones for a long long time ...
Cloning is not the answer. Even a field of clones will differ a bit in each plant AND each year's growing conditions. The refining process he used STARTED with the finest bubble hash you can make scientifically.

Tranquility,

C No Ego

Cloning is not the answer. Even a field of clones will differ a bit in each plant AND each year's growing conditions. The refining process he used STARTED with the finest bubble hash you can make scientifically.

cloning will be a more similar genetic than growing from seed but phenotpyes will be different regardless ... biosynthetic cannabinoids made from yeast and e-coli will be the future of cannabinoid meds ... only shadetree cannabis entrepreneurs will have the wild types

Morty

Marijuana licensing woes dog Missouri’s governor

The situation reflects how quickly the promise of legalized marijuana can turn from being an asset for political leaders to a liability, as administrations come under intense lobbying and pressure to hand out lucrative licenses, while confronting the risk of outright corruption.
Misery resident here. MO is so fucked...and fucked this up royally. There was also supposed to be a "blind scoring" in determining who received licenses. It wasn't so blind. Instead of random numbers & letters to identify different applications the beginning was a shortened version of each companies name! Say my company is Morty's Medicinal LLC, instead of something like ADR13456FG, it was MORT13456FG. :doh: A lot of people here (most) want our medical program to be like Oklahomas'. Let the market dictate how many licenses there are, and let who ever qualifies be able to get one.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

They have continued to fuck this thing up from the very start, and a couple weeks ago stated (paraphrasing) everythings right on track with no real hiccups. Huh? 2 years in with no dispensaries yet and examples after examples of department corruption. Seems to be the playbook for today's modern lifestyle.

Tranquility

What a bunch of pathetic losers. The majority of Americans, including a majority of Republicans favor legalization.
Politicians are funny people. The ones I've known know one thing well; how to count votes. I suspect no legislator from Missouri will lose his seat because of the vote on this matter. Even though legalization is well supported generally, politics is always local.

Two-thirds of Americans support marijuana legalization

florduh

Politicians are funny people. The ones I've known know one thing well; how to count votes. I suspect no legislator from Missouri will lose his seat because of the vote on this matter. Even though legalization is well supported generally, politics is always local.

Two-thirds of Americans support marijuana legalization

Right, but this is just their national Party platform. I can't see how the potential harm outweighs the potential benefit. Republicans are gonna run reefer madness attack ads in fucking 2020? Gimme a break. And I got news for the Dems. If "reefer madness" is a winning message in a particular local district, they weren't winning that seat anyway.

Tranquility

Right, but this is just their national Party platform. I can't see how the potential harm outweighs the potential benefit. Republicans are gonna run reefer madness attack ads in fucking 2020? Gimme a break. And I got news for the Dems. If "reefer madness" is a winning message in a particular local district, they weren't winning that seat anyway.
I think it will not be "reefer madness" but "Law and Order". The focus will be on the cities and not on the ganja.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Adobewan

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
"THIS IS A LARGE AND UNMET CLINICAL NEED."

As of now, there are no scientifically approved treatments for cannabis use disorder, an issue for those fighting a dependence on the drug. The need is there: Studies indicate that 47 percent of people who quit using marijuana experience withdrawals, while other research suggests 9 percent of people who use marijuana will become dependent on it.

A solution, however, could be on the horizon. In a recent double-blind randomized controlled trial, researchers discovered that cannabidiol (CBD), a chemical compound found in cannabis, can actually help people quit.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Tranquility

Democrats...always out to make it very clear that they don't give a damn about us. They might as fucking well just be Republicans. At least then they'd be being honest then about how much they don't care about the people.
Don't be so hard on them, they're politicians. Their only goal is to get re-elected. Part of that is getting the undecided middle to tilt their way. It seems clear right now the Republicans will use a "Law and Order" approach because of the protests/riots in the cities to try and tilt that middle towards them and Democrats are looking at being pro-legalization from the point of view of an ad against them with a back drop of a city burning.

The bottom line is that the only people who put legalization high on their list of important things are far left democrats who think grass, gas or ass bumper stickers are cool and the far right republicans that claim libertarian tendencies. The middle who think legalization is right will have to do the hard work in negotiation to bring together both sides to make a bill. In an election season, I think there are better odds of hearing about a behind the scenes love nest where Trump and Pelosi meet regularly for afternoon delights even if a party claimed to care.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Shrike

Gunky

Democrats...always out to make it very clear that they don't give a damn about us. They might as fucking well just be Republicans. At least then they'd be being honest then about how much they don't care about the people.
Um, no. The dems are cautious and Biden is doing typical cautious moves for a presidential candidate. On this one issue they are not going to give you everything you want at this precise moment. Meanwhile don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The democrats want to get serious about fighting the virus and they are willing to fund the fight. Guess who doesn't and isn't? Who is looking out for you? The Dems want to keep people in their homes and prevent renters from being evicted. Guess who doesn't give a shit and is only worried the unemployed might get too picky about jobs (what jobs? We have depression level unemployment) if they are given an extra $600/week with their unemployment insurance payment and this after shoveling a trillion bucks in tax cuts to rich people? Who is looking out for you? The dems are trying to keep our economy afloat while the repubs advocate going off a cliff (the bad news - it looks like the repubs are winning and we are all going off a cliff with them). The dems got out on the street and protested along with the "moms" in Portland; the repubs sent Gestapo storm troopers to tear gas them and fire flash bang munitions at them and beat them with truncheons and grab them and force them into unmarked vans without identifying themselves. Which party wants to help you vote and which one tries to suppress your vote? Which one keeps resisting voting by mail, forcing people to choose between a fatal disease and their rights as a citizen? Who is looking out for you? Who cares about people and who cares about profits? Which party made a law forbidding insurance companies from denying you coverage because of pre-existing conditions. Which one is working hard, even as we speak, to take that away?

Last edited:

florduh

Um, no. The dems are cautious and Biden is doing typical cautious moves for a presidential candidate. On this one issue they are not going to give you everything you want at this precise moment. Meanwhile don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The democrats want to get serious about fighting the virus and they are willing to fund the fight. Guess who doesn't and isn't? Who is looking out for you? The Dems want to keep people in their homes and prevent renters from being evicted. Guess who doesn't give a shit and is only worried the unemployed might get too picky about jobs (what jobs? We have depression level unemployment) if they are given an extra $600/week with their unemployment insurance payment and this after shoveling a trillion bucks in tax cuts to rich people? Who is looking out for you? The dems are trying to keep our economy afloat while the repubs advocate going off a cliff (the bad news - it looks like the repubs are winning and we are all going off a cliff with them). The dems got out on the street and protested along with the "moms" in Portland; the repubs sent Gestapo storm troopers to tear gas them and fire flash bang munitions at them and beat them with truncheons and grab them and force them into unmarked vans without identifying themselves. Which party wants to help you vote and which one tries to suppress your vote? Which one keeps resisting voting by mail, forcing people to choose between a fatal disease and their rights as a citizen? Who is looking out for you? Who cares about people and who cares about profits? Which party made a law forbidding insurance companies from denying you coverage because of pre-existing conditions. Which one is working hard, even as we speak, to take that away?

I think Tranq has a point. There probably was some Biden advisor saying "we can't be the Reefer Party when the other guys are running a Law and Order campaign". I did see a Trump ad with footage of recent riots saying "This.... will be Biden's America". The funny thing was, it was all footage literally from Trump's America.

This is kind of a dumb strategy. Coronavirus and the economy will dominate this election. Not "riots" in States Republicans will never win. There were no riots in Texas/Arizona/Florida. Fuck tons of COVID and unemployment though. By November we'll be running into the flu season too. Which is why a smart Democratic Party would just go ahead and add legalization to the platform. The "Law and Order" thing is a loser.

I tend to think the reasoning here is simpler. Biden's the candidate. Biden also doesn't like cannabis. He's still spouting gateway drug theory bullshit. Which makes sense given that he's been a lifelong Drug Warrior (that's why the "Biden will cut all the 911 operators ads" are so funny). You'd think having a fail son who got kicked out of the Navy after pissing hot for coke athe the age of 45 would soften Joe a bit.

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

Gunky

I think Tranq has a point. There probably was some Biden advisor saying "we can't be the Reefer Party when the other guys are running a Law and Order campaign". I did see a Trump ad with footage of recent riots saying "This.... will be Biden's America". The funny thing was, it was all footage literally from Trump's America.

This is kind of a dumb strategy. Coronavirus and the economy will dominate this election. Not "riots" in States Republicans will never win. There were no riots in Texas/Arizona/Florida. Fuck tons of COVID and unemployment though. By November we'll be running into the flu season too. Which is why a smart Democratic Party would just go ahead and add legalization to the platform. The "Law and Order" thing is a loser.

I tend to think the reasoning here is simpler. Biden's the candidate. Biden also doesn't like cannabis. He's still spouting gateway drug theory bullshit. Which makes sense given that he's been a lifelong Drug Warrior (that's why the "Biden will cut all the 911 operators ads" are so funny). You'd think having a fail son who got kicked out of the Navy after pissing hot for coke athe the age of 45 would soften Joe a bit.
Um, yeah, but which do you prefer: a fine or getting thrown in jail? Biden offers you a wink and a nod and maybe a fine. The Obama/Biden administration made a point of staying out of the way of states wanting to legalize and I think it is safe to say Biden will do the same. What are the repubs offering? It is still true that if you want federal legalization your best bet is dems up and down the ticket. But in these times who can be a single issue voter? Come on, vote out the fascists.

And I don't think Ramahs has a point. (Tranq I ignore. He might as well be Eric Trump he is so predictable). He says Dems don't care about people. Wrong. That would be the republicans. As you look around you at a society in ruins - 50 million people are unemployed (as the repubs pull the plug on their unemployment insurance) and the virus is still winning, unlike in most other developed nations; we are in a worse position now than we were in April - please allow me to remind you who has been in charge for the last 4 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom