• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

focalforlife

Is that going to be on the Shovelhead? I'm looking for screens as well.

@Jeeshy I have accidentally hit my B1 with no water, when I forgot to put water in one time and again later when I tilted the angle of the glass. I was surprised how smooth it was on my B1. Flavorful and enjoyable.
Yes sorry I should have said that. Its 3/4in as well. They kept sending 1/2in.

focalforlife

I must be missing something here. The screens from CH are superb and look like one will outlast me. I'm not planning on checking out anytime soon. (famous last words?)
I just bought 10 of the CH ones myself but I go through them quickly. Was looking for something else to mess up for the salads if nothing else.

focalforlife,

focalforlife

Interesting, my screen stays clean for a long time and other than a brief infrequent soak in 99% ISO (for the entire shovelhead) no special effort is required. Good luck with your search. :)
You can see the CH screen in the pics. Thats after torching AND ISO.

focalforlife,
Reactions: BigJr48

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I'm an old FlowerPot owner, have a ShowerHead, WeedEater and B1, I Cannot remember the last time I replaced a screen. When I notice the draw restriction, I take the bowl apart and soak it in ISO. If need be, I use an old tooth brush on the OG CH Double weave screen, they come out clean every time. Peace! YaMon

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm an old FlowerPot owner, have a ShowerHead, WeedEater and B1, I Cannot remember the last time I replaced a screen. When I notice the draw restriction, I take the bowl apart and soak it in ISO. If need be, I use an old tooth brush on the OG CH Double weave screen, they come out clean every time. Peace! YaMon

Ha, same here, my titanium screen is still OG, the spares are lonely. Titanium cleans up easily, and the thick wire ones hold up forever!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
very good to see you @YaMon :wave:. I also find I find if I fully extract the weed releases and just falls out with the slightest tap. I go a long time before needing to clean the screen, I also take the toothbrush approach but first I soak it in a teaspoon of hot dark crystal I microwave in a shot glass then put the screen in and soak for a min or two then scrub it in the sink with a toothbrush adding drops of the warm DC and scrubbing, it takes off a lot of crud.

edit…: never use a pick to take out the screen by digging at it at the edge, push it out of position from the joint!!!!!

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
very good to see you @YaMon :wave:. I also find I find if I fully extract the weed releases and just falls out with the slightest tap. I go a long time before needing to clean the screen, I also take the toothbrush approach but first I soak it in a teaspoon of hot dark crystal I microwave in a shot glass then put the screen in and soak for a min or two then scrub it in the sink with a toothbrush adding drops of the warm DC and scrubbing, it takes off a lot of crud.

edit…: never use a pick to take out the screen by digging at it at the edge, push it out of position from the joint!!!!!
Thanks brah! I do have the AshCan (So surprised they do not have those any longer, love mine!) with the inverted metal brush, I suspect that lengthens time between cleanings and is easie on the screens than a spike.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I never torch, my screen is years old at this point
Any concentrate use? Do you stir?

Ime those things can gunk a screen past where iso/brush is effective. Flower gets less gunky w rising temps and as others have observed always best to clean it hot right after caching it.

I resisted buying the injector just to try it out, wasn't impressed by the Qaroma injectors. The B1 just continues to shine, at 590F, I preheat the bowl for 10-15 minutes, then load 3-4 scoops, put the heater on and wait about 30 seconds for the first pull, vapor is instantaneous and super dense, we are talking 1-2 second clean pulls that hardly tax your lungs. I normally get 4-5 high quality pulls per bowl. This is exactly what I want from a vaporizer, rich dense vapor in the shortest amount of time without any kind of respiratory discomfort.
Came back to say I really like this method and if you have the gear (shovelhead+22mm/female diffuser) it's def worth a try.

Fwiw I'm running a much lower indicated temp (cvs have you stretched your coil?) and even if I sometimes forget a bowl (what, people get distracted ;) ) it stays somewhat usable so you can take your time between draws. It is also faster to produce and less taxing on my lungs. Like, and thank you!

Currently running my Auber at 505.

Last edited:
feralcomprehension,
Reactions: Ramahs

Bad Dog

Ime those things can gunk a screen past where iso/brush is effective. Flower gets less gunky w rising temps and as others have observed always best to clean it hot right after caching it.
yes to concentrate and I'm too lazy to remove the screen for that and I do stir the shovelhead but rarely my glass bowl as I like to bring it up to temp with the head on, I also run my vrod at 575 a bit lower than a lot of people run, sometimes I temp step by running my weedeater too at 640. the key is long hits 15 to 30 secs, I'm usually on the longer end and I don't use anything finer than a BCG fine plate which is not dust and a lot of the time I use the course plate instead

cvs8floz

Came back to say I really like this method and if you have the gear (shovelhead+22mm/female diffuser) it's def worth a try.

Fwiw I'm running a much lower indicated temp (cvs have you stretched your coil?) and even if I sometimes forget a bowl (what, people get distracted ;) ) it stays somewhat usable so you can take your time between draws. It is also faster to produce and less taxing on my lungs. Like, and thank you!

Currently running my Auber at 505.
I did not stretch my coil, it barely fits as is. I often take 2-3 hits and then forget about the bowl for 10-15 minutes, nothing bad happens, you can take a final hit if you don't mind the popcorn flavor. Timing the first hit right is the key to a good bowl, you want to hit it just when you start to smell the material. I don't care for early flavor/terp hits without much vapor.

cvs8floz,

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I did not stretch my coil, it barely fits as is. I often take 2-3 hits and then forget about the bowl for 10-15 minutes, nothing bad happens, you can take a final hit if you don't mind the popcorn flavor. Timing the first hit right is the key to a good bowl, you want to hit it just when you start to smell the material. I don't care for early flavor/terp hits without much vapor.
I like it. Imo it's worth playing with the coil; I didn't do it right away and after I was able to achieve similar results at lower temps and also noticed that my indicated temp was a lot more responsive. Fwiw.

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: Summer

Mndeadhead

Question for y’all. I bout the B1 head to replace my B2 since I rarely use concentrates and wanted to try the more open airflow. It seems the be a simple swap. Disassemble the b2, reposition the balls and replace the b1 top. Everything seems to be working but my material is considerable lighter than the b2…like I get no more vapor, but it is still really light. Is this due to more convection? I haven’t done anything with the coil-primarily because this is my first coil vape and I don’t wanna do anything stupid. Even if I turn the temp up to something like 675, it’s really light. I still get a great hit, so I should probably stop worrying?

cvs8floz

Question for y’all. I bout the B1 head to replace my B2 since I rarely use concentrates and wanted to try the more open airflow. It seems the be a simple swap. Disassemble the b2, reposition the balls and replace the b1 top. Everything seems to be working but my material is considerable lighter than the b2…like I get no more vapor, but it is still really light. Is this due to more convection? I haven’t done anything with the coil-primarily because this is my first coil vape and I don’t wanna do anything stupid. Even if I turn the temp up to something like 675, it’s really light. I still get a great hit, so I should probably stop worrying?
I don't know how long you leave the heater on the bowl before taking your first hit, that could be the issue. As explained in my previous posts, I leave the heater on for the entire bowl and get instant vapor and dark avb at 590F, others achieve similar results at much lower temps. At 675, you should get cloudy hits after 10-15 seconds at most.

cvs8floz,

Bad Dog

maybe you hitting faster? better airflow might be making you go to fast. try slowing your draw to what feels like the b2's level and see what your duff looks like but one last thing????? you didn't just switch to new weed did you??? I've come across strains that strains that barely finish golden no matter how high your temp before turning black, never hits that coffee colour, just a thought.

Alligator427

B1, I am at 480. B2, I ran at less than 450 if I remember. The airflow on B2 is more restrictiv, that would say than the air will be hotter. You could add 30-50°F more.

Alligator427,

Mndeadhead

It say for about 30 minutes before my first hit and I let the heater sit for a good 10 seconds. Like I said, I’m definitely getting results. Just need to tinker with my breathing a bit. I am definitely drawing slower since I don’t neee to draw as hard as with the B2. And my material is about 68%. Thanks for the input guys.

WelshBrok

I’ve found I needed to stretch the coil a bit for the b1 vs the b2 which seemed a bit tighter

WelshBrok,

Onits

49649280-F0-A0-4-DAF-A94-F-CEB79814-ACF2.jpg
Currently all I can do is open the case, hyperventilate, then close the case. Best birthday gift ever!

Any Pro owners want to weigh in on their experience/tips/tricks? Much appreciated!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Don't think this was ever posted. You might find this interesting & helpful @Mndeadhead: Came across & watched this video last night . Gives a good explanation of the different draw approaches/methods between the B-1 & B-2. They discuss CH glass bowls before they begin discussing the CH & Qaroma Shop vapes @55:30.

Enjoyable vid all around. Mature discussion @50:20 where they discuss why they love vaping & the minuses of smoking.

Corrected link:
Solid buyer considerations in comparing the two:

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

Don't think this was ever posted. You might find this interesting & helpful @Mndeadhead: Came across & watched this video last night . Gives a good explanation of the different draw approaches/methods between the B-1 & B-2. They discuss CH glass bowls before they begin discussing the CH & Qaroma Shop vapes @55:30.

Enjoyable vid all around. Mature discussion @50:20 where they discuss why they love vaping & the minuses of smoking.

Corrected link:
Solid buyer considerations in comparing the two:
Thanks much for sharing. I found a CH video that showed me that stretching the coil was much easier than I realized. doing that, couple with slowing down my intake has produced much better results. it still seems like I run my B1 a little hotter than I have to run the B2, but if I am reading other folks properly, that seems to be on par?

Top Bottom