• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Texus

The dimensions are perfect (depth of bowl, jangle size) but I wish the airflow was a bit more open

Probably a tight line to walk between airflow and having to add a metal screen

It does work well with about half the material of my shovel head bowl
You could also tinker with ball size to get the airflow you are looking for if you think that'll be your primary bowl...

Texus,
Reactions: BigJr48

fiixed

I resisted buying the injector just to try it out, wasn't impressed by the Qaroma injectors. The B1 just continues to shine, at 590F, I preheat the bowl for 10-15 minutes, then load 3-4 scoops, put the heater on and wait about 30 seconds for the first pull, vapor is instantaneous and super dense, we are talking 1-2 second clean pulls that hardly tax your lungs. I normally get 4-5 high quality pulls per bowl. This is exactly what I want from a vaporizer, rich dense vapor in the shortest amount of time without any kind of respiratory discomfort.
do you keep the heater on during all the pulls, or take it off the bowl inbetween pulls?

fiixed,

fiixed

Trying it also. In my brief experience I've learned you'll likely need less temp (30-50F?).

How long do you wait between pulls?

How many pulls to finish the load?
I think it also depends on whether you use the injector or 22mm diffuser (and what balls you use). I started off with the injector, but the 22mm arrived yesterday. I think the 22 slaps a bit harder tbh, more efficiency. Both were full with 3mm rubies.

I usually do about 30 seconds to 1 min between pulls.

Depends how big the load is. 0.2g probably 8 or 9 pulls with stirring every 3rd hit and diminishing returns most hits.

fiixed,

rageweary

Does anyone enjoy their b2 for dabs? I love it for flower but have trouble getting a good dab or double decker. I usually run at 630 for flower

rageweary,

manakata

Does anyone enjoy their b2 for dabs? I love it for flower but have trouble getting a good dab or double decker. I usually run at 630 for flower
not sure why you are having issues. i run mine at 590 up to 620 and have no issues with either one of the fp heads i own. usually i let it heat up for like 5mins after it hits its temps. using both aubor pid and coils from CH and high five pid and coils. make sure you are fitting the bottom to the bowl snuggly if there are air gaps you wont get much vapor.

manakata,

WildWillie

I got my B2 in the 4/20 sale and wasn’t enjoying the dabs, but I found out that I needed to tighten my coil. This allows it to make more direct contact with the titanium under the dab dish and deliver heat more effectively.

Before I tightened my coil, I couldn’t get a dab to sizzle until like 710F. Now I can easily get a sizzle in the low 600s. I’m running a B2 with the injector head at 680F.

Check out the CH tutorial on how to tighten/spread the coil

Bohdy

Quick question and apologies if it’s been asked previously, what are your thoughts on upgrading from the original drilled baller head to the screened baller head? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Bohdy,

WildWillie

Quick question and apologies if it’s been asked previously, what are your thoughts on upgrading from the original drilled baller head to the screened baller head? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Don’t have the drilled version myself, but I have seen some people actually prefer it since the drilled screen has more thermal mass.

The main reason they did the mesh screen was so that certain sizes of balls don’t clog the holes. From what I’ve heard, you can solve this by just slapping a mesh screen over the drilled holes.

So unless you’re bored and just have the money laying around, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Texus

I'd also think of it in terms of airflow. Drilled with a screen and 3mm balls is about as restricted as you are going to get if that is what you are looking for. If looking for more open airflow, screen version (+ larger 4mm balls) is prob a good move.

cvs8floz

Trying it also. In my brief experience I've learned you'll likely need less temp (30-50F?).

How long do you wait between pulls?

How many pulls to finish the load?
There is no right or wrong answer here, it will work well at different temps, you need to find your sweet spot.
I preheat my PlusPlus glass bowl and fill it to the rim, roughly 3-4 scoops or 0.2-0.3g. After I put the heater on, I wait about 30 seconds for the first pull, longer if the material is fresh and moist. I then wait about 30 seconds to a minute between pulls if I am paying attention, and get 3-4 high quality hits per bowl. If you use higher temps, your wait time will be shorter, the opposite for lower temps. You can also wait longer for the first pull and get a massive hit, but you will get fewer follow-up hits and they won't be as rich. For me, hits #1 and #4 tend to be a bit lighter and I typically stop after #4 since I am a flavor snob and grow more than I can consume.

cvs8floz,

Bohdy

Don’t have the drilled version myself, but I have seen some people actually prefer it since the drilled screen has more thermal mass.

The main reason they did the mesh screen was so that certain sizes of balls don’t clog the holes. From what I’ve heard, you can solve this by just slapping a mesh screen over the drilled holes.

So unless you’re bored and just have the money laying around, I wouldn’t worry about it.
Thanks for the insight! I’m currently running the drilled baller with a screen and then a layer of 4mm rubies with the rest filled with 3mm. Currently run at 628 degrees on and Auber RDK 300 and it hits pretty good. I did have issues when it was all 3mm rubies in that I was running at around 590 and didn’t get good results doing double deckers or dabs at that temp.

I'd also think of it in terms of airflow. Drilled with a screen and 3mm balls is about as restricted as you are going to get if that is what you are looking for. If looking for more open airflow, screen version (+ larger 4mm balls) is prob a good move.
Thanks! I’m interested in seeing what the difference would be like. I tried a friend’s B0 and it seemed almost effortless to get really dense vapor where as my baller head requires a harder pull. On the fence about buying another piece though, went from the VRod to the drilled baller and don’t know if I want to spend the cash (although who am I kidding, already went this far lol).

Bohdy,

Texus

Thanks! I’m interested in seeing what the difference would be like. I tried a friend’s B0 and it seemed almost effortless to get really dense vapor where as my baller head requires a harder pull. On the fence about buying another piece though, went from the VRod to the drilled baller and don’t know if I want to spend the cash (although who am I kidding, already went this far lol).
Yeah, I think layering balls is the next frontier. For example smaller balls near dab portion of B2 to heat dab dish more while keeping temps cooler around the flower. And different material could also play a role here too if you want to really tinker.

Texus,

Jeeshy

I got the auber and I first tried 580F and I think that's my favorite temp overall. You get huge vapor and great taste but it might take a few hits to totally finish the bowl. I also like to run it at like 650 and kill a bowl really quick but with some strains you miss alot of flavor doing that.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I think it also depends on whether you use the injector or 22mm diffuser (and what balls you use). I started off with the injector, but the 22mm arrived yesterday. I think the 22 slaps a bit harder tbh, more efficiency. Both were full with 3mm rubies.

I usually do about 30 seconds to 1 min between pulls.

Depends how big the load is. 0.2g probably 8 or 9 pulls with stirring every 3rd hit and diminishing returns most hits.
I'm using B1 w 3mm and female (22mm) diffuser atm. This method is good, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I think it's more material efficient; jury is still out on 'less taxing'. :)
I got my B2 in the 4/20 sale and wasn’t enjoying the dabs, but I found out that I needed to tighten my coil. This allows it to make more direct contact with the titanium under the dab dish and deliver heat more effectively.

Before I tightened my coil, I couldn’t get a dab to sizzle until like 710F. Now I can easily get a sizzle in the low 600s. I’m running a B2 with the injector head at 680F.

Check out the CH tutorial on how to tighten/spread the coil
+1 this all day long. I'd been running my B1 at 580-620 and since I stretched the coil not only am I running 30-50F cooler there's also a much larger drop in the indicated coil temperature. Initially I would see maybe -1-2 degrees; now a hard pull shows close to -15, indicating much better thermal coupling.

feralcomprehension,

Jeeshy

I just got my first J-hook in the mail and I could not resist a raw hit straight from the b-zero. I hit it directly on the j-hook at 650F and to my surprise it's actually quite nice! nowhere near as harsh as I feared it would be. I think I'll be doing this regularly with tasty strains!

I'm realizing with a vape this strong and fast the heat doesn't really bother me and water is not needed, Even discouraged if the strain tastes awesome.

focalforlife

Snowtree CH Screen Compare So I am on my 4th order and I appear to have the properly sized screen. I have 3 orders of the smaller screen pictured which is .5in if anyone needs titanium .5in screens. the new screen finally looks like the right size and I'm going to give a another go in the B1 and see what happens. I had hoped to use them over the CH screen with some moon rocks and mess up the cheap screen and that would wind up being pretty ideal. I'll post back on actual fit and use finally.

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

Snowtree CH Screen Compare So I am on my 4th order and I appear to have the properly sized screen. I have 3 orders of the smaller screen pictured which is .5in if anyone needs titanium .5in screens. the new screen finally looks like the right size and I'm going to give a another go in the B1 and see what happens. I had hoped to use them over tge CH screen with some moon rocks and mess up the cheap screen and that would wind up being pretty ideal. I'll post back on actual fit and use finally.
Is that going to be on the Shovelhead? I'm looking for screens as well.

@Jeeshy I have accidentally hit my B1 with no water, when I forgot to put water in one time and again later when I tilted the angle of the glass. I was surprised how smooth it was on my B1. Flavorful and enjoyable.

Top Bottom