• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Lobby

I bought a lightly used B1 that I haven’t used yet and I’m wondering what I should do before the first use. It was just the B1 head, coil and beads. They were said to be burned in and ready to use but I put them in some iso to clean. The injector head that I bought new is also in iso. I usually just rinse in hot water and use. Is there something else that I need to do to make my setup safe?

delta hotel

My heat post is the older model, awhile before the injector came along, but I see that it's been redesigned to hold the injector better. I've got an injector style bowl now and was looking at ordering the injector diffuser, but I was wondering if I needed the new heat post too. Does anyone have the injector diffuser and can comment how well it sits in the old heat post? I really don't wanna buy another one, it seems unnecessary, but I don't like the idea of it just falling over/out either.

waxdab23

My heat post is the older model, awhile before the injector came along, but I see that it's been redesigned to hold the injector better. I've got an injector style bowl now and was looking at ordering the injector diffuser, but I was wondering if I needed the new heat post too. Does anyone have the injector diffuser and can comment how well it sits in the old heat post? I really don't wanna buy another one, it seems unnecessary, but I don't like the idea of it just falling over/out either.
You'll definitely need the new post. I ran into the same issue. There's no way to safely set it on the og post. It was worth it in my opinion though, I really like the injector head and glass bowls.

snackmaster

How much older? Mine from about a year ago works fine IMO.

Top: purchased 2/21
Bottom: purchased 2/22

delta hotel

How much older? Mine from about a year ago works fine IMO.

Top: purchased 2/21
Bottom: purchased 2/22
Interesting. I looked and I ordered 12/20, so it's probably the same post you have from 2/21. The bottom does look like it holds it a little more evenly (is that it?). Does it feel about as secure resting inside of the old heat post? Also, thanks for the comparison photos!

delta hotel,
Reactions: BigJr48

snackmaster

Interesting. I looked and I ordered 12/20, so it's probably the same post you have from 2/21. The bottom does look like it holds it a little more evenly (is that it?). Does it feel about as secure resting inside of the old heat post? Also, thanks for the comparison photos!
New one feels marginally more secure, but I don't think anyone with an old post NEEDS to replace it. TBH I bought a new one more for the increased thread length than injector compatibility.

delta hotel

Went to check something out on their page and noticed a new listing.

I recall seeing this awhile back when they were working on it, but I didn't know it had gone live or that that was the name. Looks interesting though. Maybe I'm late though?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Went to check something out on their page and noticed a new listing.

I recall seeing this awhile back when they were working on it, but I didn't know it had gone live or that that was the name. Looks interesting though. Maybe I'm late though?
Bet it's getting set up for 420

tokenknifeguy

Got a question about the PID controller by Cannabis Hardware. Ever since I have had it, maybe about 3 months or so, there is a red light that blinks all the time. Under the red blinking light, it says, "out". Is this normal for the blinking or should it not blink? I only ask because here lately my temps have been acting real weird at times and has given me the EEEEEE reading on occasion. Like the temp will be set at 775 and then a reading will pop up 1100 or something way high, then an EEEEE is given. Anyone know what the deal is? I usually cut it off and power it back on and seems to still be working fine. Just wondering if this is normal or should I try and get it replaced.

tokenknifeguy,

androponic

vaped.
Got a question about the PID controller by Cannabis Hardware. Ever since I have had it, maybe about 3 months or so, there is a red light that blinks all the time. Under the red blinking light, it says, "out". Is this normal for the blinking or should it not blink? I only ask because here lately my temps have been acting real weird at times and has given me the EEEEEE reading on occasion. Like the temp will be set at 775 and then a reading will pop up 1100 or something way high, then an EEEEE is given. Anyone know what the deal is? I usually cut it off and power it back on and seems to still be working fine. Just wondering if this is normal or should I try and get it replaced.
you ever try this?

androponic,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
@tokenknifeguy
I've had that blinking light on my old legacy PID since I got it a few years ago, its normal and nothing to worry about. The other behavior though does seem like something though, usually the eeeee is because the coil is dead although that doesn't seem to be exactly what your experiencing. I would proably look at replacing the coil before the controller but can't say for sure, maybe contact CH directly about this? The temp spiking that high and the eeeee are not normal.

WelshBrok

The out led just lights up when it’s actively heating the coil or when it’s on but the coil power button isn’t pressed in. The eeeee thing though does sound like the coils on its way out

caliganja420

B1 with shovel head vs B1 injector? Does the injector hold the same amount of balls as the regular B1?

caliganja420,

checkyourlibido

B1 with shovel head vs B1 injector? Does the injector hold the same amount of balls as the regular B1?
I'd just keep in mind that I don't think you can get any conduction out of the injector. Late at night, I like to let it bake a bit before inhaling with the Shovel Head.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Planck

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I'd just keep in mind that I don't think you can get any conduction out of the injector. Late at night, I like to let it bake a bit before inhaling with the Shovel Head.
Why? Does the injector not heat the bowl it's placed in at all. Or are you saying the titanium shovelhead conducts more being metal than an equivalent glass bowl.
I use a b1 but on glass bowl and the glass gets hot but I can still pick it up etc. I had assumed minimal conduction.
Cheers

Chicken No Name,

RedZep

What are the strengths/weaknesses of the injector heads compared to the B1?

Similar bowl size, airflow etc....

Upgrading from OG Weedeater head. Not sure what to go for.

RedZep,

WelshBrok

I thought the idea was if you have loads of injector bowls already from other devices then go for the injector version otherwise there’s no need

WelshBrok,
Reactions: rosedale

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I just went thru this and have had my hardware since Tuesday (thanks @VGOODIEZ for the pre-sale consult, the crazy fast shipping*, and the post-delivery followup**). Here are my current thoughts for what they're worth... Note that I have a B2 with injector, so ymmv.

The benefit of the injector is a standardized head-to-bowl interface; it's an 18mm male joint, just like all the 18mm glass joints you see on this site, which enables you to use any appropriately-sized joint as a receiver. The Elev8 bowl, the wood ones from TNT and SBL, or any 18mm female adapter you can stuff a screen into and be happy with. The newly updated Shovelhead from CF also takes the injector, but the end of the nozzle comes very close to the screen so you're likely to get some green-ring action unless you load accordingly.

One potential downside is that the minimum spacing between your balls and your load (heh) is determined by the length of your injector (omg)***; Scott suggested I stack a flat screen on a basket screen to raise the deck of the Elev8 glass-screen bowl and raising the load 10mm made a huge difference.

With the non-injector head you don't get that engineered interface unless you're using the Shovelhead- I don't have the non-injector (yet?) but I guess that you just hold the heater to the top of whatever bowl you're using if it's not the Shovelhead? Min distance between your balls and load is smaller here, because there's no injector snout, but I dunno if it's difficult to get a good seal (and in the absence of an engineered interface you may need to hold the heater in place while using).

@David Root : I read your V-rod journey with great interest and agree with much of what you wrote and some of the related conclusions.

You pitched a FP with an injector on one side and the 22mm diffuser on the other. (@Chris_CH : This is a *very* good idea; why make us choose?)

You built a nub. This inspired me to try to use my B2 upside down- I took the SIC dish off, reinstalled the B2 Nut, and flipped it over for use with my 14mm adapter bowl. Success, thanks!

Finally, there was more discussion about the load-to-balls distance, and I fully agree with those who concluded that the FP injector nozzle is overlong and that we need a bowl with adjustable deck.

$0.02,
fc

(*Ordered Friday, in-hand Monday, no BS.)

(**Scott reached out via email a couple days later to check in; who the hell does that anymore? I've bought stuff that cost 10-20x what I've got in my FP and gotten zero post-sale followup.)

(***frequently the case it would seem...)

[Edit to include new info from @WelshBrok ]

Last edited:
Top Bottom