Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Hey got a question for anyone who has a 16mm and a 20mm coil set up. I been running a 20mm showerhead for about a year and recently got a used 16mm wrap around. Im noticing I have to run them at drasticly different temps to get the same density and draw. I know they are different draw restrictions but I can run the showerhead at like 600-680 but the other needs more like 800+ for the same hit. Am I doing somthing wrong. Does the coil cover make that much diffrence? Was excited to get a splitter and run dual flowerpots but wont work if there that far off in temp. Any tips /pointers would be super appreciated
Temperature is only measured within the coils thermocouple. Whereas the heat needs to still transfer through whatever material it is wrapped around. How well the heat transfers depends upon the ability of the material to conduct the heat without loss. A banger made of quartz glass is really an insulator, especially when compared to metal. So effectively you are comparing apples to oranges and the difference is expected.

YaMon,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Temperature is only measured within the coils thermocouple. Whereas the heat needs to still transfer through whatever material it is wrapped around. How well the heat transfers depends upon the ability of the material to conduct the heat without loss. A banger made of quartz glass is really an insulator, especially when compared to metal. So effectively you are comparing apples to oranges and the difference is expected.
Think you may have mis understood me. Both are flowerpots one is a showerhead at 20mm and the other is a wraparound at 16mm. Both are titanium and the wraparound has a ti dish. So both are of the same materiel. So I'm not sure if it's apples to oranges more like large apples to small. I did expect some difference in heat retention on the smaller but as I said a 200 degree difference is a bit odd. Curious if its possibly a bad thermocouple in the coil

Xclerk,
Reactions: YaMon

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Think you may have mis understood me. Both are flowerpots one is a showerhead at 20mm and the other is a wraparound at 16mm. Both are titanium and the wraparound has a ti dish. So both are of the same materiel. So I'm not sure if it's apples to oranges more like large apples to small. I did expect some difference in heat retention on the smaller but as I said a 200 degree difference is a bit odd. Curious if its possibly a bad thermocouple in the coil
Bad thermocouples either show no temperature, extremely high temp, sporadic temperature readings and not a steady reading at a temperature that may be within range. So you're comparing the 20mm ShowerHead with a 16 MM titanium wrap around, which while could be made by NewVape is not part of the FlowerPot line which includes the ShowerHead, VRod and WeedEater.
wrap-around-15_1.jpg

There is a big difference in mass in addition to the ShowerHead having a coil cover which may help contain and direct heat. Big difference between these two, not to mention a lot less airflow.

Last edited:
YaMon,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Bad thermocouples either show no temperature, extremely high temp, sporadic temperature readings and not a steady reading at a temperature that may be within range. So you're comparing the 20mm ShowerHead with a 16 MM titanium wrap around, which while could be made by NewVape is not part of the FlowerPot line which includes the ShowerHead, VRod and WeedEater.
wrap-around-15_1.jpg

There is a big difference in mass in addition to the ShowerHead having a coil cover which may help contain and direct heat. Big difference between these two, not to mention a lot less airflow.
The wraparound and showerhead were the 2 original flowerpots the wraparound was replaced by the vrod but is def part of the fp lineup. " We created the FlowerPot to be able to vaporize flowers or oils, or both simultaneously for that amazing twax experience. There are two versions of the FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer, the ShowerHead and the Wrap Around. Lets go over a few FlowerPot details and then we can take a look at both the FlowerPot ShowerHead & WrapAround."
Thanks though after some more research im thinking your right tho. I think this 16mm coil I have has a bad thermocouple. I tried the 20mm on it. Even w it not fitting tightly the temps were closer to what I expect. Guess I gotta sent this Amazon coil back lol and get a real one. Also will prob get that coil cover too. As I agree it will help a but and look a little nicer
P.s didnt mean to sound argumentative.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
The wraparound and showerhead were the 2 original flowerpots the wraparound was replaced by the vrod but is def part of the fp lineup. " We created the FlowerPot to be able to vaporize flowers or oils, or both simultaneously for that amazing twax experience. There are two versions of the FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer, the ShowerHead and the Wrap Around. Lets go over a few FlowerPot details and then we can take a look at both the FlowerPot ShowerHead & WrapAround."
Thanks though after some more research im thinking your right tho. I think this 16mm coil I have has a bad thermocouple. I tried the 20mm on it. Even w it not fitting tightly the temps were closer to what I expect. Guess I gotta sent this Amazon coil back lol and get a real one. Also will prob get that coil cover too. As I agree it will help a but and look a little nicer
P.s didnt mean to sound argumentative.
Even if part of the FP lineup, the wraparound does not have the airflow nor the surface area the ShowerHead has. Amazon sourced coil off? :o

snamuh

ghost
I think I would chalk it up to just different mass and air flow... But 800 does seem high.

Do you have the coil cover for the wrap around?

I have a 20mm wrap around and shower head... Maybe I can spot a difference in airflows effect.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@snamuh I like your design. With respect to the tsunami/flower device. In concentrate only devices the heat source can stay fixed. Their designs (tsunami) are much simpler for this reason. In the flowerpot world the heat source is not stationary. It's constantly being applied on and off the material. I feel this on demand application of adding the heat and removing the heat is part of the appeal of the flowerpot device. Remember the air must be drawn thru the heated head and across the flower. So if you consider the vapor path in your above the design. The heated diffuser head could be mounted in a stationary device and the flower slide in and out beneath the heated head. Basically a bowl on a handle that slides in and out during the hit. This design could possible lead to a shielded heat source (big plus). I've had this concept rambling around in my head for a while. I also feel the vapor path might require an electric air assist. It's a rather large endeavor. The end product seems expensive. Thank you for the dialogue. Let's keep the exchange going. Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification as I'm a much better metal smith, than word smith. My wife says my messages often require decoding.

Mulehead

The heat source below a removable bowl that’s placed on top with an 18mm male as the bowl lid, as @snamuh described.

@NewVape710
I use my herbalizer this way, it utilizes a magnetic ring to secure a two piece removable bowl to its heat source. I have a 14-18mm adaptor on top of top section of bowl, yours of course would be titanium.
Bowl halves, 1/4 turn together.

The challenge for me with heat source above is clearing the bowl. My brain can’t get passed that obstacle. Maybe a carbed bowl similar to enano aftermarket bowls?
I can definitely see the advantages to Newvape having a fixed heat source.

Still use my SH over V-rod for flower. It’s the easiest most effective device in my line up.

Mulehead,
Reactions: snamuh

snamuh

ghost
@NewVape710 @Mulehead

I understand what you guys are saying but my idea is different. (I think, lol)

On par with what you guys are saying, yeah... that's another thing I've been thinking but was going to possibly get into mocking that up after this idea. I have thought of having the heater above and below for an all-in-one unit. I haven't seen the herbalizer in action so can't compare. but ideally a bowl set up something like an espresso maker functions?? not sure...

I'll try to get some more images and description of what i was thinking for my previous post.

snamuh,
Reactions: Mulehead

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Not to change the subject. And your's reading it here first on FC flowerpot feed.
I've been working on a new e-store www.cannabishardware.com . I'm looking to diversify from the vape stigma, magento developers, swift network, and simplify the process of explaining to others what we do. Please don't be concerned about the future of NewVape, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Neither is the fraud and banking frustrations that we are experiencing within the cannabis banking industry. Instead of just raising the prices to amortize those losses and punish the honest people, I'm going to follow alibaba's lead and try not accepting credit cards. The payment method on the new store is based around ACH payments, echeck, international debit cards, venmo, etc.. which is basically a modern day traveler's check wire transfer between our two banks. The commission fees are much less and the transactions are much less risky to friendly fraud. ACH style payments require you to enter your routing, and account numbers during the checkout process. These forms of electronic payments are often used when you pay your monthly utility bills. Unfortunately, your going to need to have the money on hand before you place your order. Friendly fraud is the devil in our industry and until the banking industry embraces the cannabis industry it's not going away. I'm reminded every time I visit the dispensaries they don't accept credit cards I must remember to bring cash. It's important to our company's longevity that we spend less time dealing with theft, more time on sales , marketing, and innovation (the fun stuff). For the brave soles that are willing to be the first to shop in my new store i'll be running a 20% coupon code "lighthouse" for 2 weeks. Please take into consideration that the electronic payment will require 3-4 business days to post in our bank before the order can ship. Regardless of the shipping choice made at time of checkout. My plan is to keep this store more simple, less intimidating to newbies, and not bring all the legacy products over. I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are? Thanks ~Edwyn

www.cannabishardware.com

Cannabis_Hardware_logo-3_1024x1024@2x.png

Gigsabits53

Not to change the subject. And your's reading it here first on FC flowerpot feed.
I've been working on a new e-store www.cannabishardware.com . I'm looking to diversify from the vape stigma, magento developers, swift network, and simplify the process of explaining to others what we do. Please don't be concerned about the future of NewVape, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Neither is the fraud and banking frustrations that we are experiencing within the cannabis banking industry. Instead of just raising the prices to amortize those losses and punish the honest people, I'm going to follow alibaba's lead and try not accepting credit cards. The payment method on the new store is based around ACH payments, echeck, international debit cards, venmo, etc.. which is basically a modern day traveler's check wire transfer between our two banks. The commission fees are much less and the transactions are much less risky to friendly fraud. ACH style payments require you to enter your routing, and account numbers during the checkout process. These forms of electronic payments are often used when you pay your monthly utility bills. Unfortunately, your going to need to have the money on hand before you place your order. Friendly fraud is the devil in our industry and until the banking industry embraces the cannabis industry it's not going away. I'm reminded every time I visit the dispensaries they don't accept credit cards I must remember to bring cash. It's important to our company's longevity that we spend less time dealing with theft, more time on sales , marketing, and innovation (the fun stuff). For the brave soles that are willing to be the first to shop in my new store i'll be running a 20% coupon code "lighthouse" for 2 weeks. Please take into consideration that the electronic payment will require 3-4 business days to post in our bank before the order can ship. Regardless of the shipping choice made at time of checkout. My plan is to keep this store more simple, less intimidating to newbies, and not bring all the legacy products over. I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are? Thanks ~Edwyn

www.cannabishardware.com

Cannabis_Hardware_logo-3_1024x1024@2x.png
Absolutely agree with your decision. The banking laws are just nuts when it comes to this issue.
You should not have to worry about getting ripped off. I'm still going to buy your products:)

ctv47

For the brave soles that are willing to be the first to shop in my new store i'll be running a 20% coupon code "lighthouse" for 2 weeks. Please take into consideration that the electronic payment will require 3-4 business days to post in our bank before the order can ship. Regardless of the shipping choice made at time of checkout. My plan is to keep this store more simple, less intimidating to newbies, and not bring all the legacy products over. I'm anxious to hear what your thoughts are? Thanks ~Edwyn

www.cannabishardware.com

@NewVape710

Hey there, first time poster on this forum or thread. Couple of questions.

1: Will the d-cup and it's related components make it to the new website within the window for the discount?

2: Is the showerhead now considered a legacy product?

3: will you guys still be selling the universal carb cap without the insulating handle&scoop? I like to make my own handles and would rather not buy parts that won't end up being used. Prevent consumer waste and all that.

So far I dig the new website. Much simpler than the old "configurator", less menu options means less distraction. Definitely hoping I can get a weed eater and d-cup since I just got paid. I've had a rdk-300a collecting dust I want to use lol.

Thanks for making cool stuff! Keep it up.

ctv47,
Reactions: EmDeemo

snamuh

ghost
Whats the advantage of having the WPA Unit instead of just a glass piece?
Just the options of the different peak/whip/hyrdrotubes and having everything have the same look/feel.
But like Newvape said its probably too expensive to be worth the trouble. It brings the [glass/wpa] functions of the tsunami to all products.

snamuh,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@snamuh thank you for the wonderful illustration. I was diffently over thinking it. Your suggestion appears to be 2 products. 1) rdk cover and 2) flowerpot peak connection device. Used separate or together. Do you have much faith that the peak / carta eco systems are hear to stay? To me the verdict is still out as I don't feel they compare to the preformance of a legacy 18mm desktop rigs. The small air hole in the peak might be a limiting factor for flower. I can see about assembling some parts for testing.

Yo !
Long time no post!
Wanna buy a new bowl and cant decide between panhead or shovelhead..need 2 wait for vapefiend to restock the post anyways..
Can some1 who owns both tell me the difference? i would go with the panhead since it won t be available anymore..cause i will probably get a shovelhead somewhere in the future 2.
thanks in advance.
My showerhead is rocking since December 2017!

Last edited:
darkspider64,
Reactions: Tuck
Top Bottom