Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have a question for those who have more experience with these dishes and balls:

Does all of this extra surface area *really* make concentrate vaporization more efficient and effective

Yes they really do work, you can see more visually in a quartz banger setup since its clear, but the vapor production is improved with the pearls. 30mm is already a lot of surface area to begin with though.

MAbud

It's tripping the breaker though, right?

Yup. Tried multiple outlets on different breakers and all the same result. This is a new issue, it’s so odd. I set the box to 750 and once it hits 650 or so it starts to crawl and barely rises in temp and then blows. The coil is also making an audible clicking noise during heat up

Hello @MAbud can you contact me via support@newvape.com I'd like to help you solve this problem.
Hello @MAbud can you contact me via support@newvape.com I'd like to help you solve this problem.

Thanks!! Email sent.

okc0mputer

Yup. Tried multiple outlets on different breakers and all the same result. This is a new issue, it’s so odd. I set the box to 750 and once it hits 650 or so it starts to crawl and barely rises in temp and then blows. The coil is also making an audible clicking noise during heat up

When I was taking electrical engineering, one of my classmates had a project with a similar issue. Faulty circuit boards or wiring commonly cause shorts in the appliance itself which is a huge pain. Sometimes it takes a little time for these issues to appear, because usually something has to happen to create the problem; for example, excessive heat can melt solder points on the circuit board or insulation on wiring. I'm sure newvape will take care of it

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

Thanks!! Email sent.
Have you tried a different coil? It’s definitely a short.. Stop using both the coil and the controller unless you have another coil to try. Fire hazard if your breaker does not trip. NewVape is helping which is great!

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
giphy.gif

Hey we made it to 14k posts.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer

Thanks!! Email sent.

Did you receive my email response?

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed,
Reactions: BigJr48

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Whats up peeps! Thinking about buying something new to appreciate myself for being another year free of the clutches of nicotine... I've had a few friends almost rope me into buying a puffco peak but then I remembered this has been on my list for a while.

Never having used an e nail and already owning glass...which kit would be best...or would the byo option be the best? I would be using it primarily with flower and would sometimes use it for wax and combo hits.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Never having used an e nail and already owning glass...which kit would be best...or would the byo option be the best? I would be using it primarily with flower and would sometimes use it for wax and combo hits.

I would just do the BYO option or build it from parts on its own unless you particularly want one of their glass pieces, or the case.

Based on your desired usage, go for the vrod. (SiC dish is a must imo - the quartz dish did not work good for me)

I would also absolutely recommend a Flowerpot over a Peak based on your usage (saw you say in another thread something about difficulty sourcing concentrates sometimes)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I would just do the BYO option or build it from parts on its own unless you particularly want one of their glass pieces, or the case.

Based on your desired usage, go for the vrod. (SiC dish is a must imo - the quartz dish did not work good for me)

I would also absolutely recommend a Flowerpot over a Peak based on your usage (saw you say in another thread something about difficulty sourcing concentrates sometimes)
Thanks! I'm building this shit as I type...lol.

So all I would need is: the controller, the v-rod flower pot head and diffuser (says it includes the sic dish) and the carb cap?

Yea concentrates can be bit difficult to find at times (at least good ones) plus I'm not a fan of the mystery carts floating around, but having the ability to do those combi hits might motivate me to push other avenues...i used to make my own bho until I almost blew myself up once :doh: the memories :rofl:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So all I would need is: the controller, the v-rod flower pot head and diffuser (says it includes the sic dish) and the carb cap?

You'll also need a bowl - the Ti ones are more expensive than the glass ones, but they're also unbreakable. And with the double weave screens, they do an amazing job of keeping particulate matter out of your piece. I do like the taste and simplicity of the glass bowls, though.

The enail handle isn't a must, but nice to have... same with one of their stands (the $30 one is what I use) but you can use a ceramic mug in a pinch so, kinda at your discretion.

As long as you got a coil in there too (20mm) you should be good... I could be forgetting something, but I don't think so...

Also remember twaxvapor coupon code to save 10%

Sounds like if you get a vrod, you may be on a direct flight to Rosin-Land. Buying a press is at the top of my list for sure...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Whats up peeps! Thinking about buying something new to appreciate myself for being another year free of the clutches of nicotine... I've had a few friends almost rope me into buying a puffco peak but then I remembered this has been on my list for a while.

Everything @muunch said :D

disGRUNTled

So I have been wanting to try str8 up CBD for a while and have been doing a little bit of research.I pulled the trigger on a couple of different strains of crumble from Extract Labs.They are terpene infused full spectrum it contains less than 0.3% THC .After a couple of dabs here are my thoughts, the taste is amazing , hell I even coughed a couple of times.I do not feel a high like I would from weed , but my body and mind feel really and I mean really relaxed.Putting some Gelato thru the FP w/ SIC dish , hanging out by the pool watching UFC.No doubt I will keep them in the rotation for a change of pace.
1831c063-796e-48e0-bfe2-68f283e0c413.jpg

5a7ba549-f472-481c-8e47-e3ef01e8b099.jpg

590abf1f-a376-4e47-92e7-0b24557d3695.jpg

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@disGRUNTled

Full spectrum CBD is definitely amazing stuff to have around.

Going forward, you won't find me without a supply of CBD hemp on hand... I find it works better than the extracts for me, and it is very very nice when you want to vape, but are on a t-break for one reason or another.

also can mix it with regular ganja to stretch it out further.

all in all I definitely recommend every vaporist having some sort of CBD in their kit. essential stuff for me!

Fahrenheit450

Anyone tried the Vrod and the Weedeater for flower? Which one performed the best?

I bought the Vrod first and the showerhead second. As amazing and game changing as the VROD was (vs regular vaporizers), the Showehead ended up being even better for flower use once I got it. You have to use a carb cap with the vrod, but the showerhead will toast a bowl at 600 degrees with no cap. Also, the showerhead has 19 airholes and has slightly freer airflow than the Vrod's 18 hole flow, and it is noticeable. Newvape posted a weedeater vs showerhead comparison vid several pages back, and the biggest diff was that the weedeater needed 700 degrees for similar uncapped hits - otherwise it also has the 19 airholes.

I will keep an eye out to see if they have a 4-20 sale so I can add try the weed eater out as well - hell yeah these things are great!

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

Any reviews on Showerhead vs. Weedeater? For flower use only.

Post above says that VRod needs carb cap and Showerhead doesn't. I'd prefer no cap needed.

Does this mean that the Weedeater function is the same as the VRod with flower? Carb cap always needed?

Will only be using flower and don't want to use a carb cap. Need to make this decision within 18 days :brow:

All help and suggestions are mucho appreciated!

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: BigJr48

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Vaporware

@guyonthecouch Some people find more difference than others between the 3 heads, and in previous generations I think those differences were significant, but right now they’re pretty small. Unless you want a non-titanium dish for dabbing (in which case the VRod is the clear choice), I don’t see how you can go wrong with any of them.

If you compared them side by side I’m sure you could pick out little things you liked better about each, and personally I still find the ShowerHead a little better than the VRod for even high temp hits, but for flower alone I’m sure I’d be happy with any one of the three and I’d just adjust my technique a bit.

I don’t find that I need to cap the VRod, but I have capped both the VRod and ShowerHead sometimes and at lower temps it does get vapor started faster. It’s totally optional to me though.

Top Bottom