Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

WelshBrok

@NewVape420 I was originally thinking of a diffuser coil nut to allow for a wider party bowl so you could have a greater surface area like the s&b plenty without needing a wider Heater but then it wouldn’t be as easy to pack and empty because the connection to the coil nut would be thinner than the main volume of the bowl.
Otherwise it would be cool if there was a bowl with some form of channels from inside the coil nut, into some form of channels or tubes around the bowl and then Into the sides of the bowl to attempt to swirl the air more as it moves through the bowl.

I don’t know why I keep thinking about ideas to improve to the flowerpot, when I don’t have any problems with it in the slightest and it’s all my other vapes gathering dust because they just aren’t as good.

Danksta

I didn't mean to be short or rude with my comment, reading it now it sure came out that way!

Personally I'd love for this to happen. Sadly its impossible to have any consistent tolerances at all with molds and it would be a crazily complex mold. While annealing, or even just after its removed from the mold, that shape can and will expand or contract. This is a HUGE issue. Machineable quartz is the next option - but again the threading, drilling 19 holes, machining the dish, polishing it...suddenly that one single part of the FP system costs $1000+. 100% of the titanium products come out as we expect. Quartz will inevitably and occasionally break during this process and that causes price increases. We no like.

We haven't given up, (we never really moved forward on this) we've just put other things ahead of this for now.

No worries, I didn't read it that way.

What about a SH-esque quartz heater? I think if NV took a stab at the Elev8r concept you guys would pull off something great. Perhaps there isn't need for another product, but I'm sure the fanbase would disagree. I know I'd want whatever you guys came up with.

For ME personally, the SH-esque quartz heater would NOT have to thread on a coil. Sure it would be nice, but all I really want is to torch the heater.

This thought sprung in my head when ppl starting asking about a FP portable.

I had given up on a quartz heater I could thread. That just sounds like a bad idea. Maybe some type of hybrid two part system part Ti/quartz?

I had a similar thought for the next Liger bucket.

Thanks for listening @NewVape420

I was having trouble cleaning a double weave .78” screen in place yesterday, so I removed it to soak longer and put in another. They both survived, but I did feel like all the bending it took to get this one in right may have weakened it a bit. I’d be concerned about durability if I was trying to move it a lot, although the .75” screens might be easier.

My main concern with loading so much up though is that I would expect it to end up overdone on the top and underdone at the bottom.

Even loading less than what the current bowl holds, if I pile it up too high I feel like I have to stir to get full extraction, and it seems to be the stuff at the bottom and around the edges that need to be moved. With a deeper bowl, even less heat would make it through.

I think that’s more of a problem at higher temps, so maybe a very deep bowl with low temps and a slow draw would work well for a convection vape, but I think at least at high temps we’d get a lot of uneven loads.

Also, think about the tall EVO baskets. I’m sure some people fill them all the way, but the advice I see from EVO users (and I believe from it’s creators) is don’t fill it too high.

Is that different from your experience? Would you expect it to work better with a FlowerPot Party Bowl?

I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to be a jerk and ruin the fun, I’m just honestly curious (and a bit skeptical) about how well a very large bowl would work with the FlowerPot. :)

I've filled the Elev8r bowl too much and the results aren't that tasty. I'd assume a FP party bowl would react the same way. I think the current bowl size is large enough.

Last edited:

NewVape420

Company Rep
What about a SH-esque quartz heater?

I thought that's what we were talking about...machined quartz...no?

For ME personally, the SH-esque quartz heater would NOT have to thread on a coil.

There has to be something above the coil(head), and below the coil(nut), to prevent the part from escaping the coil. Joining those two pieces is critical. Hard to do with two pieces of glass.

A glass or quartz SH part is not on the radar.

Elev8r concept ...

We aren't big fans of torches.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

No worries, I didn't read it that way.

What about a SH-esque quartz heater? I think if NV took a stab at the Elev8r concept you guys would pull off something great. Perhaps there isn't need for another product, but I'm sure the fanbase would disagree. I know I'd want whatever you guys came up with.

For ME personally, the SH-esque quartz heater would NOT have to thread on a coil. Sure it would be nice, but all I really want is to torch the heater.

This thought sprung in my head when ppl starting asking about a FP portable.

I had given up on a quartz heater I could thread. That just sounds like a bad idea. Maybe some type of hybrid two part system part Ti/quartz?

I had a similar thought for the next Liger bucket.

Thanks for listening @NewVape420

I've filled the Elev8r bowl too much and the results aren't that tasty. I'd assume a FP party bowl would react the same way. I think the current bowl size is large enough.
Danksta while what you are saying sounds awesome you have to try and keep in mind that NV is mainly in the business of titanium/metals i am assuming so they utilize what they are good at and what they have and what there machinery can cut. Any other material would have to be outsourced and probably done by someone else. I could be somewhat wrong but i am just thinking what they have on hand cannot cut quartz in the way it can w/titanium or steel.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@NewVape420

I have tried a few glass bowls i had lying around, they worked with fairly good results.
Very dependent on an excellent seal.

Mesh screens that i can move up and down the bowls stem.
These were the worst option, way too temperature dependent.

EVO baskets are too long and do not vaporize efficiently all the way through for me.

I tried to cut a tiny screen to fit in the inside groove with a dimple in the middle.
When it seated it was awesome but it moved a lot and tipped sometimes.

When i think about micro dose bowls my mind can imagine some pretty neat things!
For max effect i would like to see a 2 part bowl, the top part would have sloped sides that are the same size as the exit. The bottom part would contain the screen as it needs to be bigger than the hole in order to vaporize right to the edges. The would be screwed together for screen changing or cleaning.

My next idea was to incorporate a twist or rifling in the top part to "swirl" the air on the way down to the bowl!

So many ideas, so few scraps of paper! LOL!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
There has to be something above the coil(head), and below the coil(nut), to prevent the part from escaping the coil. Joining those two pieces is critical. Hard to do with two pieces of glass.

A glass or quartz SH part is not on the radar.

...i know its not on the radar but were talking about it now :ko:

...if you guys decided to make a quarts showerhead type thing, all you would need is to have it 20mm diameter (25mm would probably work better :brow:) so you could slip the coil over it (like a standard banger) but have a couple/few nubs for the coil to seat on... At least this is how i kinda picture something like this....

...idk i think it work, it be cool and you'd have my money (again or still:hmm:)... i know it's not on the radar, and i wont comment on it further (unless brought up again :evil:).. i love my flowerpot/showerhead as is.. but were all stoners, thinking about shit is what we do....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Mmmm the smell of freshly made ShowerHeads to start a Monday morning....

sh-1.jpg

It's too bad these aren't alumina ceramic inserts because that would be so bitchin fuckin rad! I think if the Showerhead/Wraparound hybrid is still going to use an INSERT for concentrates, I'd rather just have this trough style insert that works with what I already have.

buckhakeesah

Or create a step/ledge on the existing showerhead design that would allow a sapphire washers to rest for that convection action. Just throwing out ideas. This is probably something already mentioned.

LabPong

I will be keeping and using my flowerpot at work now. lol (that sounds funny huh).

Couple nights a week a few friends come over to play a sport and then we drink a few beers after. The flowerpot will be used for that session time now. It will be nice that we can "get the job done" so fast with using the NewVape. I hate reloading and stirring when setting up for the others with my other electric vapes. This way I can just power through hits back to back as quick as they can suck it down. haaaa

LabPong

If you could give new FP users only one piece of advice or tip, what would it be? This can be anything..glass style, joint style, cap vs uncapped, temp range, etc.

For those that just got one:

"Easy there big fella......you don't have to blow through you entire stash in one day..." lol

Don't forget to take a break every now and then. It may be hard to put the wand down......until you realize you are over medicated again. :ko:

szai

Would I? :lol: I'm already half way there and only had my shower head a month. The first thing I did was get a 300 watt car inverter to power my power hog of a E-nail. I have now moved to looking at nails that use under 100 watts for power pack use, They also have to use the D-nail pin layout so mini nail and 710 life are out looking at disorderly with that micro 1030 Peli.
Any idea what kind of power the hex nail requires? Maybe get a bigger inverter?

szai,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Curious what temp range folks are finding optimal with their WA setup and dnail SiC halo dish?

I've done 525F through about 620F using my dhgate PID, anything over 620F and the flavor really starts to change quite a bit for the worse. I'm finding 570-580F on the PID to be about the best compromise which reads 475-485F on the center of the dish using a thermocouple.

Justpassedu

Curious what temp range folks are finding optimal with their WA setup and dnail SiC halo dish?

I've done 525F through about 620F using my dhgate PID, anything over 620F and the flavor really starts to change quite a bit for the worse. I'm finding 570-580F on the PID to be about the best compromise which reads 475-485F on the center of the dish using a thermocouple.
I been finding temps to really be dependent on the type of Concentrate being used. With some I can take my temps a little below 600f and others I have had to take all the way up to 675f as I get some pooling that I dislike . Unfortunately I don’t think there is a perfect temp to really stay at although I wish there was. Taste wise is also going to be a factor with the type of glass you use , with more diffusion you will loose some of the flavor . For flowers though w/Sic halo I been resting on anywhere from 640f-675f .

subway13029

Ok guys go easy on me as this thread has gotten so big..I have the of 16 mm setup..with the lollycaap...I use flower and concentrates... I wanna upgrade but I know I need 20mm coil but what’s the best way to go on the shower head or the wraparound? Then I see pan head and shovel head bowls. I feel illiterate with some of this..any ideas? I need to get upgraded ASAP bcuz I saw some videos and I’m not getting performance like that..lol

subway13029,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ok guys go easy on me as this thread has gotten so big..I have the of 16 mm setup..with the lollycaap...I use flower and concentrates... I wanna upgrade but I know I need 20mm coil but what’s the best way to go on the shower head or the wraparound? Then I see pan head and shovel head bowls. I feel illiterate with some of this..any ideas? I need to get upgraded ASAP bcuz I saw some videos and I’m not getting performance like that..lol

What are you vaping on right now? If you're using flowers, try setting the PID to 777F and load about 0.1gr of flowers in the bowl and vape it uncapped. The 16mm should work just fine, just gotta get the temperature right! What dish are you using? I'd say somewhere in the 580-630F range for concentrates and twaxing carb capped.

psychonaut,
Top Bottom