Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@goodpunk6 Get well soon! Burns suck!

On the topic of sucking, I received a call from another employer I am interested in working for (Not that I want to work, but them bills have to get paid). Not sure how I will handle the back pain, but time for a T-break ladies and gents. I'll be back in a few weeks. Respect! YaMon

Likes2vape

Well, I finally did it. I landed myself in the hospital with a 2nd degree burn. I tried to pick up the debowler like a wine glass by the post that reads HOT. yeah not too smart. Percocets and 2 days off of work will have to do. I love my FP, but now I'm totally scared of it. I mean I absolutely love my FP. I'm pretty sure I'll have it into my old age. But it's gonna have to sit for a while. I'm all traumatized and shit.
8765418095019678126%253Faccount_id%253D0
Sensitive me: Holy chit man that’s gnarly. Hope you heal up soon bud!

The other me: :lmao::rofl::lmao::doh::doh::bang::lmao::lmao:

But in all seriousness hope you heal soon!

WelshBrok

Could you take a photo of your travel setup? I've been thinking about getting a bag to make my own bug in bag.

Completely forgot to do this but I'll be out and about with the setup tonight so I'll send some over then!

If you could take your FP into the woods, or the beach, or anywhere you'd like to use it without connection to the power grid, wouldja?

Also (politely):

17cLO

zkTnEce.jpg

TslivQb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor Loop

If you could take your FP into the woods, or the beach, or anywhere you'd like to use it without connection to the power grid, wouldja?

Would I? :lol: I'm already half way there and only had my shower head a month. The first thing I did was get a 300 watt car inverter to power my power hog of a E-nail. I have now moved to looking at nails that use under 100 watts for power pack use, They also have to use the D-nail pin layout so mini nail and 710 life are out looking at disorderly with that micro 1030 Peli.

Justpassedu

Well, I finally did it. I landed myself in the hospital with a 2nd degree burn. I tried to pick up the debowler like a wine glass by the post that reads HOT. yeah not too smart. Percocets and 2 days off of work will have to do. I love my FP, but now I'm totally scared of it. I mean I absolutely love my FP. I'm pretty sure I'll have it into my old age. But it's gonna have to sit for a while. I'm all traumatized and shit.
8765418095019678126%253Faccount_id%253D0
Ouch, speedy recovery man, that sucks.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...BLASPHEMY... i realized something last night... my showerhead has killed all my other vapes (aside from quartz bangers for concentrates)... i think i need some rehab from this device... i know this sounds bad... i think after work tonight, instead of turning on my fp first thing, i may reach for another device..

...it's extremely hard to think past the convenience and reliability of this vape... every hit perfect as the one before... the the ritualistic nature and performance of this has me addicted :evil:...

...i don't think i can go cold turkey, i'll play around with some 'other toys' on my bench this weekend, but i don't see myself staying abstinent from this because... well, you know, you've hit it, this thing rocks :rockon:
(possibly the best :shrug:)

...but seriously, i have to spread some love around my other vapes before they leave me because of neglect :cry:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@NewVape420

I keep reading all these requests for micro dose bowls and every time I do, I am surprised!
An Arizer EQ bowl fits all of your bowls perfectly and is the most versatile mod I have done!
Micro loads are vaped 100% with no green left.
Why design something, we when all that is required as a basket screen?

Doktor Dub

...BLASPHEMY... i realized something last night... my showerhead has killed all my other vapes (aside from quartz bangers for concentrates)... i think i need some rehab from this device... i know this sounds bad... i think after work tonight, instead of turning on my fp first thing, i may reach for another device..

...it's extremely hard to think past the convenience and reliability of this vape... every hit perfect as the one before... the the ritualistic nature and performance of this has me addicted :evil:...

...i don't think i can go cold turkey, i'll play around with some 'other toys' on my bench this weekend, but i don't see myself staying abstinent from this because... well, you know, you've hit it, this thing rocks :rockon:
(possibly the best :shrug:)

...but seriously, i have to spread some love around my other vapes before they leave me because of neglect :cry:

I can understand you pretty good. The Showerhead and its FX are very different from every other Vape i tried.... for me (and i think some of my visitors) the Showerhead is not just another Vape but a new class of Cannabis consumption tool :rockon:

@lazylathe i am sooo looking forward to try the EQ screen and you are probably right that a micro dose bowl is not needed.
I guess i d buy it anyway because there is something about filling a bowl and hit it instead of filling just a part... purely for the feel...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
lazy, you are right. One of my bowl is modded with a basket screen for microdosing and (non melt) hash all the time and works pretty well. But I feel that distance to the heater may be a bit to much. Ok, trial and error until you find the right temperature for your sweet spot. I've to rise temperature around 25° C when using the basket bowl.
Anyway would buy a md insert at once.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Doktor Dub

The EQ basket remains in the bowls unless you push it out.
For me I drop some bud in the bowl and give it a shake to center it in the EQ bowl and away I go.
If it fell out all the time that would drive me nuts!

@Hogni
Since it is so powerful, I do not feel the 5mm difference at all and so not need to raise the temp at all! I am consistently at 635F and can completely extract a micro load in one hit. Each and every time.

Such a versatile vape!

NewVape420

Company Rep
@NewVape420
I keep reading all these requests for micro dose bowls and every time I do, I am surprised!

Everyone has a different style of vaping, be it draw rate, glass joint ID, head style, etc. so to say that something is not needed just because you don't feel that its needed neglects others experiences and situations. In no way do I mean to discount your basket experience! Clearly it works and works well for you, but we can't discount other FP'rs needs and ideas, and that obviously includes yours! If you view the FP group of products as a whole, its all about customizing this to suit your personal tastes and methods. Sure, the basket works fine for some, and we strongly suggest you experiment with whatever you feel makes the best possible experience for each individual! Many people have requested this, enough to send us into the vapelab to investigate.

When you look at the ShowerHead's airflow, we've created a situation where the air hole pattern is essentially the same diameter as the bowl's ID. This gives complete and total coverage for efficient vaporization. When using the WrapAround with the same bowl, that situation changes as the hole patterns' width is less than the ID of the bowl. It still hits like a knockout but could it better? Can we still push the envelope? We'd like to find out.

So we're looking at something for the WA ensures that the bowl content area is the same width as the WA hole pattern. Does the basket provide this for the WA? Most likely, but maybe it could be better. Is the basket the best possible solution vigorously tested against other options? TBD. That's what the vapelab is for...

Its merely something we're looking at. It might become a product, it might not. We like to engage new ideas and methods. We look at a lot of things from a lot of angles...we test heavily, so to just stop at the baskets and call it a day goes against our DNA!

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

Its merely something we're looking at. It might become a product, it might not. We like to engage new ideas and methods. We look at a lot of things from a lot of angles...we test heavily, so to just stop at the baskets and call it a day goes against our DNA!

Let s make it a product. And to be honest - we like to tinker with our toys, for me it does not have to be necessary, it just has to be fun to use :-)

@lazylathe i meant it purely psychological - filling a bowl until it is full is more satisfieng than hold myself back nd just fill a third of it (or whatever)

Have a great day all!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@NewVape420 This is probably the biggest reason I am your customer. The willingness of the manufacturer to meet us with our needs and understand how everyone is different. Really, the modular aspect of the NV FP is probably the most enjoyable part. Having many options all within a respectable price point allows so many people to get in and slowly build their experience until they feel like they have reached the summit.

Justpassedu

I still think it would be cool to have a party bowl , a bowl like the Pan/Shovel head that can fit up to 2grams but using the double weave screen and multiple ledges this way you can move that screen up or down to different ledges for a different bowl size. Will it work ? It should being if you are doing a smaller bowl and have your screen set to the highest ledge for a small bowl/micro dose you would have to lower your temps as to not scorch the load but being further down the bowl you would just up those temps. Just a idea i personally think i would enjoy and the dual weave screens are pretty strong and could mostly likely handle the removal to different ledges over and over again. @NewVape420

WelshBrok

@NewVape420

I haven’t really totally thought this through so there’s probably an obvious issue, but what about some form of defuser version of the coil nut to deal with the WA to bowl diameter difference? So it channels the air From the holes to the edges of the bowl and then gets pulled back to middle due to the post.

Edit: not that I find it to be an issue

Vaporware

I still think it would be cool to have a party bowl , a bowl like the Pan/Shovel head that can fit up to 2grams but using the double weave screen and multiple ledges this way you can move that screen up or down to different ledges for a different bowl size. Will it work ? It should being if you are doing a smaller bowl and have your screen set to the highest ledge for a small bowl/micro dose you would have to lower your temps as to not scorch the load but being further down the bowl you would just up those temps. Just a idea i personally think i would enjoy and the dual weave screens are pretty strong and could mostly likely handle the removal to different ledges over and over again. @NewVape420

I was having trouble cleaning a double weave .78” screen in place yesterday, so I removed it to soak longer and put in another. They both survived, but I did feel like all the bending it took to get this one in right may have weakened it a bit. I’d be concerned about durability if I was trying to move it a lot, although the .75” screens might be easier.

My main concern with loading so much up though is that I would expect it to end up overdone on the top and underdone at the bottom.

Even loading less than what the current bowl holds, if I pile it up too high I feel like I have to stir to get full extraction, and it seems to be the stuff at the bottom and around the edges that need to be moved. With a deeper bowl, even less heat would make it through.

I think that’s more of a problem at higher temps, so maybe a very deep bowl with low temps and a slow draw would work well for a convection vape, but I think at least at high temps we’d get a lot of uneven loads.

Also, think about the tall EVO baskets. I’m sure some people fill them all the way, but the advice I see from EVO users (and I believe from it’s creators) is don’t fill it too high.

Is that different from your experience? Would you expect it to work better with a FlowerPot Party Bowl?

I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to be a jerk and ruin the fun, I’m just honestly curious (and a bit skeptical) about how well a very large bowl would work with the FlowerPot. :)

Justpassedu

I was having trouble cleaning a double weave .78” screen in place yesterday, so I removed it to soak longer and put in another. They both survived, but I did feel like all the bending it took to get this one in right may have weakened it a bit. I’d be concerned about durability if I was trying to move it a lot, although the .75” screens might be easier.

My main concern with loading so much up though is that I would expect it to end up overdone on the top and underdone at the bottom.

Even loading less than what the current bowl holds, if I pile it up too high I feel like I have to stir to get full extraction, and it seems to be the stuff at the bottom and around the edges that need to be moved. With a deeper bowl, even less heat would make it through.

I think that’s more of a problem at higher temps, so maybe a very deep bowl with low temps and a slow draw would work well for a convection vape, but I think at least at high temps we’d get a lot of uneven loads.

Also, think about the tall EVO baskets. I’m sure some people fill them all the way, but the advice I see from EVO users (and I believe from it’s creators) is don’t fill it too high.

Is that different from your experience? Would you expect it to work better with a FlowerPot Party Bowl?

I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to be a jerk and ruin the fun, I’m just honestly curious (and a bit skeptical) about how well a very large bowl would work with the FlowerPot. :)

My double weave has been the longest lasting screen i have ever owned so far, granted i try not to remove it to much from the bowl and when i clean i use a small ultra sonic cleaner so this may attribute to the longevity i am experiencing. I agree though, having a larger bowl would require a stir most likely but than again i like to stir if i am packing full. I don't really think less heat would make it through the load though, the Fp is a powerhouse and 1 of the reasons why i'd like this party bowl for the fact it can take out a packing in 1 hit if you'd like but if it is something you are experience you can always just adjust your temps. Evo baskets are a whole different story and and you are correct that not filling them all the way results in a better hit but 2 totally different situations that are not really comparable imo. With the Evo it is about your flowers being able to move/whirl around in that basket for even vaporization. I'm not sure on your question as if it will work better using a Fp party bowl bc i never tried it but it should def work in theory, how well is something i'd have to test and you are not being a jerk in any way so no worries .

Baron23

Evo baskets are a whole different story and and you are correct that not filling them all the way results in a better hit but 2 totally different situations that are not really comparable imo. With the Evo it is about your flowers being able to move/whirl around in that basket for even vaporization.

Hello my friend...well, yes...I agree with you on why EVO ELBs should only be filled to maybe 1/2 way max. This does indeed allow the flower to tumble around in the air stream.

But I don't see any reason that this doesn't also apply to the FP or really almost any other full convection vape. Just need a little room for stuff to move.

NewVape420

Company Rep
Yes and it sounded like you guys gave up. I think molds are worth a shot.

I didn't mean to be short or rude with my comment, reading it now it sure came out that way!

Personally I'd love for this to happen. Sadly its impossible to have any consistent tolerances at all with molds and it would be a crazily complex mold. While annealing, or even just after its removed from the mold, that shape can and will expand or contract. This is a HUGE issue. Machineable quartz is the next option - but again the threading, drilling 19 holes, machining the dish, polishing it...suddenly that one single part of the FP system costs $1000+. 100% of the titanium products come out as we expect. Quartz will inevitably and occasionally break during this process and that causes price increases. We no like.

We haven't given up, (we never really moved forward on this) we've just put other things ahead of this for now.

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Would I? :lol: I'm already half way there and only had my shower head a month. The first thing I did was get a 300 watt car inverter to power my power hog of a E-nail. I have now moved to looking at nails that use under 100 watts for power pack use, They also have to use the D-nail pin layout so mini nail and 710 life are out looking at disorderly with that micro 1030 Peli.

Mininail is 1A -89watts. But uses mini XLR connectors. I would just get their coils.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@NewVape420

I understand 100% as i always have, from a personal vaping view and that everyone is different and is entitled to their own opinion.
My point is and has been since the inception of this beast, that the EQ bowl is the most efficient way of micro dosing at the moment. It fits perfectly, every load is vaped thoroughly and it produces massive flavor and clouds and effects.

Since there are no other options at the moment, imo this is the best way to micro dose with the current set up.
While the "micro-bowl" is being designed, tested or even if it has not reached pen to paper status, the EQ bowl is the way to go for now.

All i am trying to do is show people there are other options instead of always asking for a bowl that may or may not be available.

Call me a FANBOY of the new Vape products and the EQ bowl is integral for me!
Keep on designing awesome products!!
:rockon:

Justpassedu

Hello my friend...well, yes...I agree with you on why EVO ELBs should only be filled to maybe 1/2 way max. This does indeed allow the flower to tumble around in the air stream.

But I don't see any reason that this doesn't also apply to the FP or really almost any other full convection vape. Just need a little room for stuff to move.
For the fact that when i hit the Fp my load is not really moving around in the bowl, it can move around with a hard enough pull but usually mine stays put using the fp and the elb basket was more designed and is more optimal when the load is moving around inside and has that room. I am talking Evo and Fp not other convection vaporizers.

Last edited:
Justpassedu,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom