• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

JollyGreenGiant

I have been pondering making this most expensive purchase. I know you've only had it for a few days, but I'm curious if you can compare it's performance to the Herborizer, which I see you own (as do I). I'm a little disappointed that the flavor of the Pro Kit seems to be poor in comparison to the Herborizer, which I think is best in class when it comes to flavor. Penny for your thoughts.

Well, personally I don’t find the flavor of the Herborizer anything special. It’s absolutely better than the Flowerpot Pro, but I don’t think the Herborizer is any better than a Tafee Bowle, TinyMight, Volcano Hybrid (on the right setting), etc.

With the above said - the Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot Pro absolutely stomps, and I mean STOMPS the Herborizer in every other aspect. If you tone the heat down, the flavor improves - but I don’t see the point in that. At 575 the flavor isn’t great - but one hit on the Pro is like 3-4 on the Herborizer. I am unlikely to ever use the Herborizer again. It’s only been a week or two, but as of right now, I’ve packed away ALL my other desktop vapes. If I was a betting man, I’d say I’ll probably dump all my other vapes - and just keep the Flowerpot Pro, Tafee Bowle and a Crafty+ (for travel).

The Flowerpot Pro IS an end game vape for me, full stop. I have zero desire to purchase/try another vape, and I can’t see ever buying anything else.

Last edited:

stonewatcher

Got a sapphire dish during the 4/20 sale and have been using it for a week. Have had my VROD for approximately one year.

Worth the price for anyone on the fence. Much better than SiC for dabs and retains heat better (I have no scientific evidence, yet) when using flower on my VROD.

Will post a more detailed review in about a month. Well worth it! Now back to this delicious Lucky Charms live extract. Absolutely divine with a low temp (540) sapphire dish. :nod:

Esquire

🎉 Congrats - I’m joining you on trying out the pro. Will be fun to compare notes.

I’m particularly looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against my other heavies. Been wanting to try the CH stuff since I joined this forum.
I would love to hear your impressions/thoughts/comparisons. I'm looking at the Pro myself but am a bit skeptical.

Well, personally I don’t find the flavor of the Herborizer anything special. It’s absolutely better than the Flowerpot Pro, but I don’t think the Herborizer is any better than a Tafee Bowle, TinyMight, Volcano Hybrid (on the right setting), etc.

With the above said - the Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot Pro absolutely stomps, and I mean STOMPS the Herborizer in every other aspect. If you tone the heat down, the flavor improves - but I don’t see the point in that. At 575 the flavor isn’t great - but one hit on the Pro is like 3-4 on the Herborizer. I am unlikely to ever use the Herborizer again. It’s only been a week or two, but as of right now, I’ve packed away ALL my other desktop vapes. If I was a betting man, I’d say I’ll probably dump all my other vapes - and just keep the Flowerpot Pro, Tafee Bowle and a Crafty+ (for travel).

The Flowerpot Pro IS an end game vape for me, full stop. I have zero desire to purchase/try another vape, and I can’t see ever buying anything else.
Thanks for the response. For me, the flavor on my Herborizer tops all of my other devices with the exception of the Firefly 2+, but it's hard to compare those two vapes since the Herborizer hits so much harder. Just curious - what do you normally run your Herbo at, and do you always hit it on water? I love my Herbo bubbler, but the Sherlock brings out the best flavor, hands down. I love tasting the various flavor notes in my herb, so perhaps the Pro is not for me...

Esquire,

JollyGreenGiant

I would love to hear your impressions/thoughts/comparisons. I'm looking at the Pro myself but am a bit skeptical.
Check above.

If you want the hardest hitting all-in-one system, it’s a landslide victory. No fuss, no messy wires (save for one thick standard power cord that doesn’t bunch up and stays out of the way). At 575, two good sized hits completely cashes the bowl, and extracts your material to a very deep, crispy brown - far more than any other device I’ve used. One or two quick rips, and you’re set.

If you want an instant kick in the teeth, this is the unit. If you want a long, slow session of tasty terp sipping, get a Tafee Bowle and/or a MiniVap. I’m sure you could use very low temps and get much better flavor on this Flowerpot Pro, but it defeats the intended design. Why on earth would you need a monster B2 baller head with massive thermal power and conductivity (and pay a grand) if you’re not going to use it for its drop kicking power? That would be like buying a Dodge Charger with a Hellcat motor in it that gets ~8mpg to use as an Uber vehicle. Use the right tool, for the intended job.

I think the herbo sucks. Doesn’t have the power of most other heavies (not even close to this Flowerpot Pro), and the flavor isn’t as good as some of the aforementioned portables. Add the mess of cords, parts/pieces that have to be stowed away and taken out each time (the two flowerpot pieces - the carb cap and the t-bucket herb bowl fit brilliantly into the machined stands built into the chassis) and it doesn’t do anything particularly amazing in my opinion.

Again - that’s why my magic combo is a tasty portable (for me, it’s the Tafee Bowle) and the Flowerpot Pro for heavy hits. One or two rips on the flowerpot and you’re good, then you can go hang out on the couch and relax, and when the affects start to fade, you can easily maintain that ideal state with your tasty portable.

The flowerpot pro for me is a big winner though. No vape has gotten me NEARLY as high as this one. It hits completely different - and the extractions are ridiculous. Normally I have to use a debowler to get all the vaped material out, but with this it pulverizes it into dry flaky nothingness that crumbles when touched, so after use, just pull the T-cup out and turn it upside down and ALL the material instantly comes out. There is no sticky/oily residue, nothing sticks - it just blasts the material to smithereens.

There will no doubt be many other cool vapes from CH and other brands released in the future, but this unit extracts material to an extreme point, and does so instantly - with no harshness. Going any further would result in combustion. I can’t see anything possibly hitting heavier - and if it did, the marginal enhancement would be negligible. I too used to care a lot about flavor and that kept me away from the CH stuff for awhile - but flavor lasts just a second or two… the hits on this CH last HOURS. Taste is cool, but this is such a high performing setup, I’ll never go back to caring about flavor on a heavy.

One last snippet. It looks much, MUCH better in the flesh. I keep it on my desk, and I can’t stop looking at it - it’s got such an amazing “weird science” look to it, that delightfully exudes quality, wonder and inspiration. The quality isn’t just visual, using every aspect of it, feels like a $1,000 experience.

It’s a very serious piece of kit, with a serious price tag to match it… but it’s worth every penny. These CH folks do not mess around. That reminds me, I do need to get around to trying their new grinder - it is a perfect match for the unit in terms of look, but I had so much material already ground up, I haven’t had a chance to give it a whirl.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Check above.

If you want the hardest hitting all-in-one system, it’s a landslide victory. No fuss, no messy wires (save for one thick standard power cord that doesn’t bunch up and stays out of the way). At 575, two good sized hits completely cashes the bowl, and extracts your material to a very deep, crispy brown - far more than any other device I’ve used. One or two quick rips, and you’re set.

If you want an instant kick in the teeth, this is the unit. If you want a long, slow session of tasty terp sipping, get a Tafee Bowle and/or a MiniVap. I’m sure you could use very low temps and get much better flavor on this Flowerpot Pro, but it defeats the intended design. Why on earth would you need a monster B2 baller head with massive thermal power and conductivity (and pay a grand) if you’re not going to use it for its drop kicking power? That would be like buying a Dodge Charger with a Hellcat motor in it that gets ~8mpg to use as an Uber vehicle. Use the right tool, for the intended job.

I think the herbo sucks. Doesn’t have the power of most other heavies (not even close to this Flowerpot Pro), and the flavor isn’t as good as some of the aforementioned portables. Add the mess of cords, parts/pieces that have to be stowed away and taken out each time (the two flowerpot pieces - the carb cap and the t-bucket herb bowl fit brilliantly into the machined stands built into the chassis) and it doesn’t do anything particularly amazing in my opinion.

Again - that’s why my magic combo is a tasty portable (for me, it’s the Tafee Bowle) and the Flowerpot Pro for heavy hits. One or two rips on the flowerpot and you’re good, then you can go hang out on the couch and relax, and when the affects start to fade, you can easily maintain that ideal state with your tasty portable.

The flowerpot pro for me is a big winner though. No vape has gotten me NEARLY as high as this one. It hits completely different - and the extractions are ridiculous. Normally I have to use a debowler to get all the vaped material out, but with this it pulverizes it into dry flaky nothingness that crumbles when touched, so after use, just pull the T-cup out and turn it upside down and ALL the material instantly comes out. There is no sticky/oily residue, nothing sticks - it just blasts the material to smithereens.

There will no doubt be many other cool vapes from CH and other brands released in the future, but this unit extracts material to an extreme point, and does so instantly - with no harshness. Going any further would result in combustion. I can’t see anything possibly hitting heavier - and if it did, the marginal enhancement would be negligible. I too used to care a lot about flavor and that kept me away from the CH stuff for awhile - but flavor lasts just a second or two… the hits on this CH last HOURS. Taste is cool, but this is such a high performing setup, I’ll never go back to caring about flavor on a heavy.

One last snippet. It looks much, MUCH better in the flesh. I keep it on my desk, and I can’t stop looking at it - it’s got such an amazing “weird science” look to it, that delightfully exudes quality, wonder and inspiration. The quality isn’t just visual, using every aspect of it, feels like a $1,000 experience.

It’s a very serious piece of kit, with a serious price tag to match it… but it’s worth every penny. These CH folks do not mess around. That reminds me, I do need to get around to trying their new grinder - it is a perfect match for the unit in terms of look, but I had so much material already ground up, I haven’t had a chance to give it a whirl.
Nice review. Do you leave your bowl sitting in the chamber as to heat up before your hit? These effects rock but you can get the betta Flava if you insert bowl and hit right away. That way the metal mass doesn't bring the weed up to temp before the hot air does:tup: I have to load my rubies up then this weekend it's on! It is beautiful to look at too! Well worth the loot.:nod:

Custom Flower Hardware,

JollyGreenGiant

Nice review. Do you leave your bowl sitting in the chamber as to heat up before your hit? These effects rock but you can get the betta Flava if you insert bowl and hit right away. That way the metal mass doesn't bring the weed up to temp before the hot air does:tup: I have to load my rubies up then this weekend it's on! It is beautiful to look at too! Well worth the loot.:nod:

I do not pre-heat the bowl, I only insert it right before use. For this unit, I don’t care about flavor since one or two quick hits gives me everything I need. On a session vape, or an on demand convection portable that has a fraction of the power and requires lots of hits over a longer period of time, I care very much about flavor.

This thing is a face melter… best to use it as it was intended in my opinion. I do want to try out concentrates with it, but will have to do some research on temps for that.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I do not pre-heat the bowl, I only insert it right before use. For this unit, I don’t care about flavor since one or two quick hits gives me everything I need. On a session vape, or an on demand convection portable that has a fraction of the power and requires lots of hits over a longer period of time, I care very much about flavor.

This thing is a face melter… best to use it as it was intended in my opinion. I do want to try out concentrates with it, but will have to do some research on temps for that.
Well put sir:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

Texus

I think the herbo sucks
I know this isn't the thread for it but since it came up here, I could not disagree more about the Herbo. Not sure how Jolly is running it, but IME much better flavor than Bowle or any CH I have tried. No, it doesn't smack as hard as a baller. But to say that it sucks...

If it really sucked I seriously doubt it would be @stickstones favorite vape, with ball that he has tried and has access to. Not for you, fine. But lets not get ridiculous.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
So do you prefer quartz to SIC for CH?
I do for a couple of reasons, biggest factor is the flavour is a little brighter. even though the quartz gets dirtier quicker and is more difficult to clean I also prefer that too, I'd rather see a cleaning coming then the sic that looks fine even if its filthy, hate going for a dab and being dissatisfied with the flavour. I'm sure I'd like sapphire even more but I'm a cheap bastard and the quartz is a good compromise for the meantime.

checkyourlibido

It's been a few months since my upgrade to the newer B1 and I feel like ambient temperature may have more of an effect on the B1 than the original showehead.
Now we're in May and the weather has improved, I'm down to 530f on my Auber and still getting nicely toasted avb.
Still filled with 4mm rubies too.
I have the same experience. I might get 3mm next winter and see if there's a diff.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Pyr0

kwehday

Greetings FC!
10+ year lurker and this is the hardware I knew would be worth finally making an account for.

Picked up the B2 screen baller w/ nut (no dish yet), running with 3mm rubies and the Shovelhead.
As most will attest, this is not a rig to underestimate. Its delivery of the goods only seems to be limited by the user, and is well worth the asking price in my opinion.

After reading through this thread, my temp settings are a bit uncommon, but that could be due to the PID used, which is a Disorderly Conduction unit from papa VGOODIEZ. Either way, we know these are not temps at the load, so our mileage was always gonna vary ;)

Flower is kept at ~62% humidity with Integra packs.
With a .2g load, ground with Coarse Plate BCG, I heat soak the B2 head at 495 for 10-15 min when possible.
Once I set the B2 head on the bowl, I let the PID temp drop 15 degrees (whatever heat transfer that equates to at the Shovelhead adds a nice smidge of conduction) before a medium force draw for 6-10 seconds while rotating the head to ensure even convection. At the end, I pull the B2 head off the bowl to clear the glass and allow a small bit of fresh air to "chase" the dense vapor.

With this technique, I'm getting thick vapor in the water piece in the first 2-3 seconds and am able to remain standing after I finish a hit. Using the B2 provides excellent effects that will legitimately make you rethink the strains in your rotation. I obviously can't account for everyone's access to flower, but what's available to me is not A+ tier and this thing really surprised me with the effects it coaxed out of "mids."

ABV is medium brown (my preference) but if I draw hard and fast, the B2 will pulverize the herbs into a dark brown with the same draw length, even at 480-495. Heavy hits do sacrifice flavor and take you into roasty territory, but if you wanna get somewhere fast, you're gonna have to deal with the proverbial smell of burning rubber :evil:
The only real problem with the lung busters is the inevitable need to sit/lie down afterwards to recover and remember what planet I'm on haha!

I saw someone else mention it, but this thing consistently delivers such a payload that it takes an almost disturbing number of exhales before vapor stops coming out of your lungs :science:

I can only speak in comparison with the vapes I've used, but IMO if you're looking into any ball vapes, get something in the CH line that will allow you to upgrade over time. The current B-X line makes this a wonderful time to be alive and saying "FUCK COMBUSTION!"

KWEH!

Alligator427

Hi,

I have tested the herborizer bowl with the B1 injector. The bowl is too deep and the injector could be blocked.
I have tested also a connector 14mm gender 18mm female where I put inside a screen. Cheap solution at 3€. It is better. But pieces of plant go inside the bubbler because the screen move. Not nice to clean after.

CIMG1225.jpg

I finally order the elev8r bowl that is very expensive for a glass bowl (in EU) and have no arm.
No problem of head blocked inside the bowl and the head could go deeper in the bowl. This is the better bowl I think. Not perfect : no arm and the glass screen have too big holes (pieces of plant could also go through the screen).

I have also the herborizer Ti analog, I used daily during 1 year. For me, the better taste is with the B1 injector. The more intense and potent hits are with the B1 (22mm). I don't like B2 because too much air restriction (3mm rubis balls and mix of 3mm and 4mm). You can not change a lot the speed of your draw.

Ripstar

Broke out the B1 Injector for the first time. Maybe it was the temp(590) but I was pretty underwhelmed compared to my Hot Rod and even the DCE. I like the airflow but almost wish I got a cap for it. Going to try again at higher temps tonight.

Texus

Once those Vgoodiez bowls are available, they are a great match for B0. And I'd assume B1/B2 injector.

Texus,

Jah75

S
Once those Vgoodiez bowls are available, they are a great match for B0. And I'd assume B1/B2 injector.
upposed to be in the next couple weeks I think - waiting on the email, these do seem perfect

Jah75,

darkpurplealien

Professional Ball Connoisseur
I'm interested in the B1 & B0, any recommendations or what's the difference between the two? Is the injectors better than non injectors?
Having used both and now owning the B0 i would go for that over the B1 every time but of course thats only my personal opinion :)

Both rip for me but in my own experience there isnt enough of a performance difference for me to justify the spend on a B1 vs the B0. Having both a B0 and a B2 they both have their own place in my rotation. ironically if i want to just obliterate bowls i use the B0 more often unless im looking to double deck :D

Top Bottom