Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I’ve been potting flowers at 570 using a medium grind of .05g in a glass bowl. I usually take 2-4 pretty long slow draws to cash the bowl. I get great results and I’m happy with performance. I’ve started to wonder, because of a heaviness in my chest, if the long slow draw might be the cause? I’ve been using this technique and relatively low temps, because of health concerns, thinking this would be easier on the lungs.

I’m curious if a shorter draw at a higher temp might be easier on the body? I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts towards this. @EmDeemo I get the impression you have put a lot of time and thought into my curiosities on this matter.
I can tell you I have allergy induced asthma and running higher temps with shorter draws is my way of keeping up with my brethren and sistas who take long massive lung busting rips at much lower temps. That's the great thing about the FlowerPot, it's extremely versatile where there are plenty of variables for anyone to dial in their best session and experience. BTW, first use in the FlowerPot thread of the phrase 'potting flowers' and I like it! Pot on! :leaf:

cvs8floz

I’ve been potting flowers at 570 using a medium grind of .05g in a glass bowl. I usually take 2-4 pretty long slow draws to cash the bowl. I get great results and I’m happy with performance. I’ve started to wonder, because of a heaviness in my chest, if the long slow draw might be the cause? I’ve been using this technique and relatively low temps, because of health concerns, thinking this would be easier on the lungs.

I’m curious if a shorter draw at a higher temp might be easier on the body? I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts towards this. @EmDeemo I get the impression you have put a lot of time and thought into my curiosities on this matter.
I have also noticed, to my regret, that the long 10+ seconds pulls off this or other heavy desktop vapes lead to more throat irritation, coughing, and chest heaviness than shorter ones at any temperature. Higher temps irritate even more, 570 with a glass bowl is already on the low side, I might go to 560 but no lower. I had a persistent back of throat tickle with regular coughing this spring that I attribute to the long hits I was taking off the FlowerPot and the e-Nano, I have since changed my technique and now take rapid 5 second draws and let the vapor accumulate in the glass without emptying the glass after every hit, a bit like using the glass as a Volcano balloon you gradually draw from. I now also use water in my glass which I wasn't doing before, it acts like a filter, catches the particulates that fall through the glass bowl and makes the vapor less irritating. I am 58 years old, in good shape, avid cyclist who wants to keep vaping and cycling for a long time and for that you need good, healthy lungs, so I would advise my fellow vape enthusiasts to lay off the monster hits. One more piece of advice: it is the THC in cannabis that irritates your throat and causes breathing issues, any strains that combine high THC with either medium or high CBD will be a lot less irritating because the CBD takes the nasty edge off, I especially like 2:1 THC:CBD strains such as Philospher Seeds Fruity Jack because they get you high in a nice way!

Zoltani

I was hitting some wax in a sai atomizer that was really terpy. That stuff would make me cough my ass off and hurt my lungs. I woke up one night and couldn't breath, ended up in the ER on a breathing treatment. I think that i had an adverse reaction to the terps that the producer added back.

However, I have had the same experience with some flower recently, minus the night breathing issue and trip to the er. I think some terps just bother me more than other. Or maybe that particular flower was sprayed with terps? It was from the same dispensary/producer as the was that messed me up. Do people spray flower with terps?

Zoltani,
Reactions: EmDeemo

thevapist

I was hitting some wax in a sai atomizer that was really terpy. That stuff would make me cough my ass off and hurt my lungs. I woke up one night and couldn't breath, ended up in the ER on a breathing treatment. I think that i had an adverse reaction to the terps that the producer added back.

However, I have had the same experience with some flower recently, minus the night breathing issue and trip to the er. I think some terps just bother me more than other. Or maybe that particular flower was sprayed with terps? It was from the same dispensary/producer as the was that messed me up. Do people spray flower with terps?

Personally never heard of this. Have you ever had breathing issues before?

I didn't know the situation at FC, so the move over here was a surprise to me when I checked the old thread this morning with my coffee. Glad to see the admins are so proactive.

thevapist,

Zoltani

No, never had breathing issues before. I know it was that wax as it would cause coughing and a deep heaviness in my chest. Even after hitting it when I would try to take a deep breath i couldn't help but cough. I had a particular flower recently that gave me a bit of the same feeling, couldn't breath deep without cough. My state has legal rec but it is geared towards tourists, and there have been many mold and other spore contaminated batches, so who knows.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I can tell you I have allergy induced asthma and running higher temps with shorter draws is my way of keeping up with my brethren and sistas who take long massive lung busting rips at much lower temps. That's the great thing about the FlowerPot, it's extremely versatile where there are plenty of variables for anyone to dial in their best session and experience. BTW, first use in the FlowerPot thread of the phrase 'potting flowers' and I like it! Pot on! :leaf:

@The Stray Fox I think @YaMon kinda hints at my reply. Its a bit 'each to their own', hard and fast rules are a bit out the window when it comes to this. Ultimately, my only course of action was giving up flower completely. Its just too much vapour for me. Gimme a big dab and I'm golden tho. YaMon style hits I could never do, instant coughing fit all the way, so its back to 'each to their own'. Also worth remembering that a long slow draw doesnt mean having to fill ones lungs to capacity, that 'long and slow' doesnt have to mean as long and slow as possible. Just gotta play around and find the variables that suit you perfectly.

One other thing you could try is temp stepping. And not to forget, as we all seem to... You dont need visible vapour and clouds to get high. If you can be arsed to take the time, go lower, and temp step. Maybe try to incorporate the carb cap. Maybe YaMon style hits are the answer. Or somewhere in between :) After a temp stepped full bowl, once you get up into the 600's, no further vapour happens, but it feels like you havent consumed any vapour as you wont have had big clouds... Then the highness kicks in and one forgets everything anyway :)

Many variables still to explore I think :)

Please listen to your lungs, folks!

I have also noticed, to my regret, that the long 10+ seconds pulls off this or other heavy desktop vapes lead to more throat irritation, coughing, and chest heaviness than shorter ones at any temperature. Higher temps irritate even more, 570 with a glass bowl is already on the low side, I might go to 560 but no lower. I had a persistent back of throat tickle with regular coughing this spring that I attribute to the long hits I was taking off the FlowerPot and the e-Nano, I have since changed my technique and now take rapid 5 second draws and let the vapor accumulate in the glass without emptying the glass after every hit, a bit like using the glass as a Volcano balloon you gradually draw from. I now also use water in my glass which I wasn't doing before, it acts like a filter, catches the particulates that fall through the glass bowl and makes the vapor less irritating. I am 58 years old, in good shape, avid cyclist who wants to keep vaping and cycling for a long time and for that you need good, healthy lungs, so I would advise my fellow vape enthusiasts to lay off the monster hits. One more piece of advice: it is the THC in cannabis that irritates your throat and causes breathing issues, any strains that combine high THC with either medium or high CBD will be a lot less irritating because the CBD takes the nasty edge off, I especially like 2:1 THC:CBD strains such as Philospher Seeds Fruity Jack because they get you high in a nice way!
Ever dab pure THC/A? It’s very smooth.

THC/A is the smoothest thing I've ever vaped. Super low temp. In dabbing, I'm finding that the more terps there are, the more I'm going to cough. CBD has certainly helped moderate the lung issues when I combine some pure CBD in with the dabs, but yeah, I find thc to not be the irritant so much as the terps themselves EDIT: I have, however, found THC/A to be a very dry inhale, so an irritant on the throat and a real tickler, so it ends up being cough inducing still if I'm not expecting it, but its not due to lung irritation and can be avoided by not doing a large dab of it at a temp that turns the entire dab to vapour in one go. @cvs8floz post highlights another variable and difference. Personally, I dont do water in my vape any more. The extra moisture wasnt doing me any favours. I cough way less without water.

So. Many. Variables. And we all react slightly differently.

Adding terps back in after stripping them out, or to add more terps for the hell of it, I've never really got my head round all that as a practice. Seem unnecessary at best, and shady hiding something at worst :)

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group

@YaMon @cvs8floz @EmDeemo Thank you all for sharing your insight to my question. Good info all around. One thing I discovered in all this is that cbd flower causes way less mucus production and throat dryness. I don’t have any choice in the flower I get so picking consistent strains that don’t bother me is is not an option....unfortunately. I did some experiments with cutting my bowls with cbd flower and that seemed to help. For now, I have increased my temp from 570 to 620 in an attempt to decrease the amount I have to suck on hot air to produce vapor. I really think dry heat is a big component to my discomfort. Just to be clear, I’m not chasing clouds. cvs8floz method of using the pipe like a valcano holding bag Is similar to my style of use. I draw, fill the pipe, exhale, then clear or sip what was produced. Im in EmDeemos boat in regards to water. I decided ,sometime ago, that water doesn’t add any benefits to my experience. So I leave it out.

I’m going to stick with these adjustments, 620 with a mix of cbd flower, for a while to see where they take me. I’ll let you all know what my body tells me. Thanks again all. Have a great week!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@YaMon @cvs8floz @EmDeemo Thank you all for sharing your insight to my question. Good info all around. One thing I discovered in all this is that cbd flower causes way less mucus production and throat dryness. I don’t have any choice in the flower I get so picking consistent strains that don’t bother me is is not an option....unfortunately. I did some experiments with cutting my bowls with cbd flower and that seemed to help. For now, I have increased my temp from 570 to 620 in an attempt to decrease the amount I have to suck on hot air to produce vapor. I really think dry heat is a big component to my discomfort. Just to be clear, I’m not chasing clouds. cvs8floz method of using the pipe like a valcano holding bag Is similar to my style of use. I draw, fill the pipe, exhale, then clear or sip what was produced. Im in EmDeemos boat in regards to water. I decided ,sometime ago, that water doesn’t add any benefits to my experience. So I leave it out.

I’m going to stick with these adjustments, 620 with a mix of cbd flower, for a while to see where they take me. I’ll let you all know what my body tells me. Thanks again all. Have a great week!

What kind of glass are you using it with?

Ramahs,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

CBD isolate is easy to get here in the UK, that helped me out, adding that to bowls or dabbing it along with other stuff :) Obviously, I dunno how easy it is for you to get hold of it tho.

The weird thing I found with water in glass, is I kinda need it to gauge my draw rate. Its taken me forever to get used to not using water, and I still dont like it, but yeah, my body disagrees with me :)

Have fun, hope your lungs start to play nice :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
CBD isolate is easy to get in the US.
I like to sometimes dab it between hits to smooth things out.

I haven't had any since I got this flowerpot though. I need to fix that.

zucchini

Has anyone ever combust with flower?

It's crazy I tried to go 750 with my Showerhead and I didn't combust, effects are great at that temperature, but still, for some reason, I'm still not getting huge clouds like in most videos I see around here

any ideas?

Zucchini,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
CBD isolate is easy to get in the US.
I like to sometimes dab it between hits to smooth things out.

I haven't had any since I got this flowerpot though. I need to fix that.

I really like cbd for tricking me into getting the cloud satisfaction of a massive bowl but not needing a nap afterwards :)

It's crazy I tried to go 750 with my Showerhead and I didn't combust, effects are great at that temperature, but still, for some reason, I'm still not getting huge clouds like in most videos I see around here

any ideas?

Quite a lot :D I kept trying but just couldnt get my head round the higher temp short inhale consistently enough, plus it hurt too much any way :)

If you're getting the effects you want, fuck clouds :) Do a bigger bowl? Add cbd? Do a dab too? Move closer to a well lit window? :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

any ideas?
750 F with a Showerhead and no cloud with a freshly packed bowl? How much herb, herb quality, what kind of grind, how long are you drawing for, what kind of glass piece, water or dry, how soft/had are you drawing? We need more details. Have you calibrated your PID?

@The Stray Fox those pieces all look like free flowing pieces, do either of the two on the left provide any kind of chug? I find I like a little chug to my glass. I have the piece on the far right and it works great for lung busters, but it is so free flowing it is difficult to predict the hit size.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Really liked my möbius stereo matrix with drop down, wish I hadn’t broken it. It seemed to have just the right amount of restriction for the Weedeater
http://instagr.am/p/B8ybES1JeCZ/ Im currently using my side car and I find the taste to be really good but I’m not overly fond of the vape being so close to my face so I’ll be reordering the stereo. And as @YaMon said its flow is a bit too free

Zoltani

I'm definitely gonna order when I see in stock again. Having trouble deciding betwee the weedeater vs vrod. I use flower almost exclusively after my bad experience with concentrates, but I do plan to use some bubble hash from time to time. Would you use bubble hash in the dish of the vrod or mix with flower in the weedeater?

Zoltani,

Jakevape420

I'm definitely gonna order when I see in stock again. Having trouble deciding betwee the weedeater vs vrod. I use flower almost exclusively after my bad experience with concentrates, but I do plan to use some bubble hash from time to time. Would you use bubble hash in the dish of the vrod or mix with flower in the weedeater?
I had this predicament this morning placing my order.. Vrod vs weedeater. I like dabs and also like flower.. When I haven't got any concentrate the vrod would make me sad having that big empty bowl. So-I bought both

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would you use bubble hash in the dish of the vrod or mix with flower in the weedeater?

I would only dab full melt hash, anything lower in quality is better off vaporized via convection. I posted this in the hash vape thread yesterday but older/drier bubble hash (more crumbly than sticky) can be ran through the herb grinder with a bit of green for vaping.

I had this predicament this morning placing my order.. Vrod vs weedeater. I like dabs and also like flower.. When I haven't got any concentrate the vrod would make me sad having that big empty bowl. So-I bought both

Did you consider the Dcup/T-bucket? Those will provide better vapor quality than the VROD for dabbing as it's conduction only. The VROD is great for the occasional dab, but a regular concentrate user will likely reap the benefits of a conduction only setup for oils.

Top Bottom