Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Zow237

I personally don't like it. Everything from 600 degrees to 710 is just to hot for my liking. :( wish I could love but I just don't. Plus I can't get where I get with my GS. I honestly was disappointed because it wasn't much of an upgrade from my og but this is just me. Everyone seems to love it. Not for me :( also seems that ti is to much for me, the ti vapcap tip hurt my chest just like the sh would :(
I did just realize that I have a small air leak into my handled bowl. So maybe I wasn't getting the experience I was supposed to. I guess I can order another bowl and see what's up

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Zow237 dang man, that sucks. So you're no longer able to use the FP with SH or WA w/o a hurting feeling in your chest? Lower temps not helpful?

I had pneumonia as a child and my left lung never really recovered 100%. I get some chest pains sometimes when I am vaping a lot (vapor wise not session wise) on that side, but I attribute it to scar tissue or perhaps from the decades of smoking cigarettes and joints.

Likes2vape

I personally don't like it. Everything from 600 degrees to 710 is just to hot for my liking. :( wish I could love but I just don't. Plus I can't get where I get with my GS. I honestly was disappointed because it wasn't much of an upgrade from my og but this is just me. Everyone seems to love it. Not for me :( also seems that ti is to much for me, the ti vapcap tip hurt my chest just like the sh would :(
I did just realize that I have a small air leak into my handled bowl. So maybe I wasn't getting the experience I was supposed to. I guess I can order another bowl and see what's up
Sorry to hear that, that sux. To me the GS looks just way to tall and awkward plus you can’t dab from it. The biggest difference in the wraparound around head is the dabbing experience. The whole dish is now at a super stable temp whereas with the OG Flowerpot I always felt dabs ran towards the walls of the dish since they were cooler.

Likes2vape,
Reactions: Zow237

Justpassedu

If it is the pan/sh bowl there was a update to the stem from the og version to fix that airleak. Just a heads up, they are available on the site.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
If it is the pan/sh bowl there was a update to the stem from the og version to fix that airleak. Just a heads up, they are available on the site.

Yeah I'd probably get the fixed bowls before selling it.

Also weird that you're experiencing issues with inhaling from Ti (????) even though Ti is supposed to be "biocompatible" but idk

Likes2vape

I can definitely see someone tasting the metal from the Flowerpot. I could taste ti when I used to use a torch and a ti nail if I took to hot of a dab and I don’t like to use dab pens with coils as I can taste the metal from those as well. If someone was really sensitive to the taste of metal I could see how the fp would be a problem for them.

Likes2vape,

Zow237

I can definitely see someone tasting the metal from the Flowerpot. I could taste ti when I used to use a torch and a ti nail if I took to hot of a dab and I don’t like to use dab pens with coils as I can taste the metal from those as well. If someone was really sensitive to the taste of metal I could see how the fp would be a problem for them.

I cant do coils or Pens either they fuck my chest and lungs up. I want to love it! But if I can't handle the ti then :(. Sucks cuz it's a very wonderful device

Last edited:
Zow237,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

What happened that made you change your mind? I remember you saying it was a huge upgrade from your 16mm OG setup.

Didn't you also recently post that you felt you had CHS and Azadirachtin poisoning and all vaping was affecting you negatively?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

What happened that made you change your mind? I remember you saying it was a huge upgrade from your 16mm OG setup.

Didn't you also recently post that you felt you had CHS and Azadirachtin poisoning and all vaping was affecting you negatively?

It's just too hot and fucks my chest up. Has nothing to do with the CHS. Even at 600 it's just hot ass vapor :(

Zow237,

Justpassedu

Hey all, not sure if this was posted and I know there is a separate thread but if any one has ideas or any info they would like to share I know Edwyn the owner of NewVape still would like to help and make the glass bowl possible at some point for all of us. Here is the drawing he had made up and if anyone has any adjustments/Tolerances that they think would help please post bc I know it will not get made until we all come up with something proper, I figured I'd throw it out there, he should be back on the forum at some point

:
9j5NvkT.png

Likes2vape

Hey all, not sure if this was posted and I know there is a separate thread but if any one has ideas or any info they would like to share I know Edwyn the owner of NewVape still would like to help and make the glass bowl possible at some point for all of us. Here is the drawing he had made up and if anyone has any adjustments/Tolerances that they think would help please post bc I know it will not get made until we all come up with something proper, I figured I'd throw it out there, he should be back on the forum at some point

:
9j5NvkT.png
I’d like to see the bowls deeper so we can see the herb getting vapes/roasted.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's just too hot and fucks my chest up. Has nothing to do with the CHS. Even at 600 it's just hot ass vapor :(

I'm not doubting the harshness at all but as far as being "too hot" the thing is, 400 degree vapor is 400 degree vapor. It's not like the SH can physically produce hotter vapor than other heavy hitter desktops. These compounds vaporize at the same temperatures regardless of the vaporizer used. If it was any hotter it would combust.

Have you found a convection design that doesn't create hot vapor?

Also are you still using those little tiny rigs? I recently started using my Arizer Air again and noticed that design limits vapor production so much, it felt smoother to me. Takes forever to finish a bowl though so expectorant potential must go WAY down.

Zow237

I'm not doubting the harshness at all but as far as being "too hot" the thing is, 400 degree vapor is 400 degree vapor. It's not like the SH can physically produce hotter vapor than other heavy hitter desktops. These compounds vaporize at the same temperatures regardless of the vaporizer used. If it was any hotter it would combust.

Have you found a convection design that doesn't create hot vapor?

Also are you still using those little tiny rigs? I recently started using my Arizer Air again and noticed that design limits vapor production so much, it felt smoother to me. Takes forever to finish a bowl though so expectorant potential must go WAY down.
Yeah but 400 degree vapor from certain materials are just to much for me. No I have not found a convection to not be hot vapor. But yeah still using smaller rigs. I have just noticed that ti hurts my chest. That's including exposed coils like the sai and the ti tip from the vapcap. Like the heat at 950-975 on my GS is nowhere near as harsh as the vapor at 600-710 on the sh

Likes2vape

@gunmetalshark how is the deeper glass bowl working out for you. I believe you had it made to the specs I sent Stevenlmz which was 22mm deep. Seems to work good in the video you did if it. Do you need to turn the heat up at all due to the deeper bowl.

Doktor Dub

It really is a lovely micro or macro doser. I haven't met someone who hasn't been impressed with it's ease of use and med delivery. This is coming from bong/joint smokers too :lol:

This! Only Vape i tried which is satisfieng for most smokers. Like it!

It's just too hot and fucks my chest up. Has nothing to do with the CHS. Even at 600 it's just hot ass vapor

But is the interesting factor here not the Watertool used?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So i got some spare time and did some more testing with the glass bowl and the more time i spend with it
the more i start liking and using it :D

Today i found out that the S&B Mighty screens that are in the Cooling Unit are a perfect fit inside my glass bowl, they still fall out
with my ABV but also fit right in the bowl again too. :)

Temp wise for now i up´d from 685 -> 720 which gives me pretty even extraction for my usual bowl size in one hit (.05-.1g)

LabPong

But is the interesting factor here not the Watertool used?

Yes, I think it would be a big step to use a much larger volume water unit and one that hold a bit more water too. I find that using my D020-D with my FP is harsh and hot compared to using my bigger stereo matrix. Big difference actually. And along with using the glass bowl instead of the Ti one from NV.....it is even less harsh for me. I'm pretty sensitive too.

Also about the bowl design from NV.....if they are going to use nubs on the inside of the glass bowl to hold the screen instead of a flower pedal screen...they need to make a deeper bowl......I would say make sure from the nubs up to the top of the bowl...that distance is at least 15mm. It looks about 8mm in that drawing, but does it show 15.24mm from the nubs to the top?

The 14mm general glass bowl many of us are using now.....is about 11mm to the top of the bowl. I would not at all go any lower than that. Heater is more than close enough to the load with it in my experience using this glass bowl now for quite some time.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
When electronic cigarettes first hit the market in the US, the big complaint was that they didn't produce hot enough vapor. The 510 atomizer ended up being king and ironically the threading itself still is despite its original pen style form factor. All the other atomizers seemed weak to smokers, so the 510 caught on.

The hot vapor from the FP is likely a big contribution to why many smokers like the FP. I can see why some vapers dont like it, especially if they've been used to a much cooler vapor.

Anyway, I prefer the cooler vapor myself but really I prefer not to cough so anything that helps with that. I try to tune my setup/method towards. Hopefully those of you who've had issues with it can figure out a good method, I dont think it's the FP per say, just the overall experience which should be able to be dialed in for anyone with the right temperatures/method/water tool. Or I could be completely wrong. :2c:

Alexis

When electronic cigarettes first hit the market in the US, the big complaint was that they didn't produce hot enough vapor. The 510 atomizer ended up being king and ironically the threading itself still is despite its original pen style form factor. All the other atomizers seemed weak to smokers, so the 510 caught on.

The hot vapor from the FP is likely a big contribution to why many smokers like the FP. I can see why some vapers dont like it, especially if they've been used to a much cooler vapor.

Anyway, I prefer the cooler vapor myself but really I prefer not to cough so anything that helps with that. I try to tune my setup/method towards. Hopefully those of you who've had issues with it can figure out a good method, I dont think it's the FP per say, just the overall experience which should be able to be dialed in for anyone with the right temperatures/method/water tool. Or I could be completely wrong. :2c:

From my own experiences and everything I can sense with my intuition regarding my body and symptoms- with vaporizers in general, what you say about adjusting variables to affect the outcome does indeed apply and makes a noticeable difference.

At the top of the list is the actual temperature- this makes the biggest difference of all. Being extremely sensitive, I tend to find that there is a precise max temp I can use with most vapes in order to keep my symptoms within a comfortably manageable range, for example with my XL Herborizer I would never go above setting 7 except a tiny smidge perhaps.

This is allegedly 200 degrees C. Even setting 7.5 which is still very moderate in practice for most people and certainly within normal temperature ranges used across the board with different devices, would be a bit too aggravating to my respiratory system and would make all the difference in how easy it was for me to effectively manage my symptoms and stay on top from day to day.

So temperature is the biggest factor for me but obviously load size and the size of the hit plus the type of water tool used and your actual material are all very relevant as well, and can never be isolated.

However with certain other vaporizers which I am extremely intolerant to for unknown reasons, the Flowerpot included and especially- it is as if none of the usual variables apply or make any difference however tweaked. This is not exactly true in that if I hit the flowerpot at 700 to 800 then it would cause even more bother.
But however low I go in temperature, whatever load size and hit size, water tool etc, I don't notice any improvements or reduction in the severity of the reaction I experience.

Nothing seems to make a difference even if I'm barely inhaling any visible vapor at all it is as if the reaction is just to the nature of the vapor produced by this device itself, regardless of the materials which I know for a fact is not what I'm reacting to because I do not have this reaction to the Herborizer Ti.

I just don't see us really understanding why some of us are having such difficulty tolerating specific models for quite some time. There is so much more to this than we have any knowledge or idea of at present.

I would still argue that in @Zow237 's case it may not be the Ti even which is the issue. I handle the Herbo Ti and Vapcaps well, im 100% sure Im not reacting to any specific material with those vapes.

I dont handle the FP at all. I dont handle the Glass Symphony at all either. The strange but unbearable adverse reaction is on par with the FP.
But I handle the Elev8r very well. I still suffer an allergy type reaction to all vapes, but with the Herbo and Elev8r, it is just the standard reaction to weed and vaping- it can vary but always directly in line with, and responsive to the typical variables which you refer to.

Like lowering heat slightly, smaller hits etc. I hope I have expressed this view clearly. I just know this is more complex than we might think that is all, and certainly not disagreeing with anybody.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think it was @Chicken #420 who linked a glycerine WT adapter that you can store in the freezer.

illadelph-glass-freezable-coil-ash-catcher-black-with-gold-label-water-pipe-ash-catcher-18.8mm-14.4mm-glass-smoking-pipes-tobacco.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/illa...catcher/406898985.html#s1-1-1b;srp|2095980456

I'm sure it condenses a lot of reclaim when using it but that would surely turn any hot vapor into cool vapor. I'm just trying to help because I don't understand either, why some of you guys/gals are intolerant to the vapor. I hack up always but I have had respiratory issues in the past so I know why I have issues, and I think I understand why others don't. For instance, if I get a chest cold, I am typically the one in the house that suffers the worst symptoms despite us all getting better at the same time.

Top Bottom