Canada Post maybe lost Pipe's Caldron Induction Heater?

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
All this would have been avoided if you were more patient. You were planning on doing the refund... should have been done yesterday right after you got the package. It's not too late to do the right thing. Again if you didn't put the thing on sale 2 seconds after deciding you don't like it, thing would be different. Patience man, patience, work on it it will save you a lot of headaches.

mb0101

All this would have been avoided if you were more patient. You were planning on doing the refund... should have been done yesterday right after you got the package. It's not too late to do the right thing. Again if you didn't put the thing on sale 2 seconds after deciding you don't like it, thing would be different. Patience man, patience, work on it it will save you a lot of headaches.
ACTUALLY I told Pipes CP said to wait until Wednesday to open the seller case. Instead of replying he immediately sent me the refund. I didn't request it ASAP. I let him know they said to open it on Wednesday

mb0101,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
First off, thanks to the community for all the support and efforts in trying to keep members on the strait and narrow.
Unfortunately, some folks will just keep twisting things to suit there needs. Trying to justify their existence I guess..? Or maybe it helps them sleep at night. :shrug:
I can play that game too. The poor guy only started this thread to ask about what can be done when a package is a day late. Wasn't his fault a member found two threads from Reddit which told a different story. It was my fault for not using PP, G&S. That way he could just put in a dispute and not have to deal with us. Nice and tidy along with all the other disputes he's likely got going. There, now he can feel good about himself.
Now go to bed and sweet dreams, mommy will be in shortly to tuck you in.
I'm so embarrassed that this was a fellow Canadian. I'm sorry guys, we're not like this up here. Not sure how this one got in. :suspicious:
An entertaining thread I guess as it's just so unbelievable how some peoples thought process works. A great "reality post".
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The Chemist

ACTUALLY I told Pipes CP said to wait until Wednesday to open the seller case. Instead of replying he immediately sent me the refund. I didn't request it ASAP. I let him know they said to open it on Wednesday

Stop using this argument, it doesn't give you the right to keep Pipes money. He gave you the money because he didn't want you to wait and feel like you were ripped off, it's called costumer service. He's just one guy doing everything he can to make sure you are satisfied. If you didn't like the vapcap and the IH it's not his problem, you could have done a lot of things differently but instead you created this situation, people reacted to you this way because of your poor communication skills online, not just here but on reddit also. You can play the victim all you want but you were not the one who got robbed regardless of your twisted justification for your action. I know you are gonna come back here and cry because you are not a thief, but guess what? Until you give back the money you are a thief.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So, basically Pipes is a standup retailer and member of the community and you are a thief. Trying to justify the theft by claiming the community hurt your feelings is just as low as everything else you've posted so far. Weak. I don't know what gave you the impression a retailer wouldn't want a refund back after it turns out you really got the product.
Outrageous.

GerVn_Vap0rist

All I will say is:
Dealing with @Pipes was very chill and I never had a problem. Canada post lost my parcel too and me and pipes just waited if they would find it again... after 2 weeks he decided to send me a new unit and it arrived safely! So the customer service is very good! Would always deal with him again :tup:

The Chemist

Maybe you were not planning on scamming Pipes but in the end you did. You made the post looking for a solution to your problem but in reality it was to put pressure on Pipes to take care of the situation faster. You got what you wanted in with the partial refund (you agreed to it remember?), but when the package was delivered instead of doing the right thing and contact Pipes to inform him you were in possession of the IH, you thought you could keep the IH and the money. When you realized you didn't like the vapcap with the IH you decided to sell it on reddit, you never even though about the fact that someone on reddit could have read the thread you posted and connect the two together. Stop saying Pipes should have done this or should have done that, it's you who should have done the right thing, the honest thing. You saw an opportunity and you took it, now you get to live with your choice. Reputation is the only thing of value online and you will learn the vaping community is not that big so you might have a little bit of trouble trying to interact with others because you will always get reminded of this event. People will know that wpgjets21 on reddit can't be trusted to do the right thing and will screw you if the opportunity arise. Unless of course you finally give Pipes his money back, never too late to do the right thing kid.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
tumblr_pnn9gxg13J1qzd6kwo3_500.gifv

seki

Man honestly I was planning on doing the refund until Pipes and you guys started attacking me personally lol.
There's nothing stopping you from refunding him now. Saying people are bullying you into not paying him back is an excuse that doesn't hold water. What people are doing here is reacting to shitty behaviour by calling it out and rightfully so.

The reason there has been a vociferous response to your posts both here and on Reddit is due to the fact that @Pipes has a lot of goodwill built up over the years, deservedly so, from building and selling his heaters while interacting and providing customer support to the community. Even outside of the heaters themselves, he spends a good amount of time in his DIY thread providing info, giving advice and answering questions. You impugned his reputation and suggested that his motivation for not "helping" you was out of some sort of malice, greed or laziness when in fact it was due to something out of his control and quite frankly, partially in yours.

The only reason I noticed this at all, was that I saw your thread on Reddit and took note because both the sensationalism of the title and what you described ran so contrary to my own experiences. What I remember didn't even come close to what you were describing. I've purchased multiple Portside Minis from him and when one of my units developed a small issue, @Pipes spent a Saturday morning from ~8:30am to 12:00-ish going back and forth with me in PMs helping me to troubleshoot, who does that?

So yeah, when you post on Reddit with a heading like:

Pipes Caldron Induction Heater is Missing. Pipes won't help at all. BUYER BEWARE!!!

or spout nonsense like:
I spent $200 CAD total on both.
Sold them both for $200 cad on reddit.
It cost me $60 cad for shipping

$200-$60 = $140 CAD.

If I give back the $60 now then I just lost $60.

I honestly didn't expect this.
you're going to get a strong reaction from people who have been not only been using an excellent product for years but have also been on the receiving end of excellent customer service.

Also I deleted the post complaining on other site after you responded lol.
You might have deleted the post, but there were dozens of comments by then and probably hundreds or thousands of eyeballs were on it by the time you did. Besides that, it's not like you requested this thread be deleted either.

Look at his thread:
Take some time to read through it and if you squint really hard you might see a grumble or two, but the vast, vast majority of experiences of his customers are closer to mine than your perceived experience by so far it's not even in question.

YES it was my mistake selling it for a loss after trying it but I sold it for those prices due to the discount I received for the trouble and figured I'd pass the deals along and move forward with this annoying situation. Now if I refund him I'm out $60 from all this after also getting harassed online and being falsely accused of committing crimes
I think this is the crux of the issue. It wasn't just one thing. There was a confluence of events coupled with what seems to be a misunderstanding of economics and arithmetic that caused you to think that you were entitled to an additional 50% discount. The fact that you sold the items for less than what you purchased them for (including the shipping costs) can't be ascribed to anyone but you. You were the one that caused that loss of funds by setting and agreeing to sell your newly acquired items at that price. That doesn't have anything to do with the refund @Pipes gave you.

Last edited:

purpletweed

If the new buyer paid through Goods & Services, they might be able to open a dispute of their own. Selling misrepresented goods is not a course of action favored by PayPal.

purpletweed,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Or just claim they never received it... :freak: Oh wait, that would be dishonest.
I think mb0101 has being given a vacation from these parts anyway now. He won't be missed. :p
As they say, what goes around... Karma is out there!

Canucks should understand that Canada Post only delivers when they deliver these days...can’t rush ’em!
Stopped checking tracking when delivery guarantees were suspended...patience...patience...
no complaints so far...everything got here eventually...

Choices

Just now seeing this. My Portside Mini is a great device worth every penny. I think what chaps my backside more than anything is this scam artist adding “lol” into so many of his posts. Nobody is laughing dude. I selected my username precisely because it is
our choices that determines our karma. Pipes is a good dude. His karma bucket is full!

shopdognyc

How are you out of money when he refunded you for part of something you received? Your integrity is at fault here.

Not his fault for what the postal service did, and you got it eventually.

You will be remembered for this.

shopdognyc,

johnnyCanuck

@Pipes you may be able to cash cheques addressed to your business simply by depositing through your bank machine/deposit by phone.

I’ve had this problem in the past wrt to work. Cashing the cheques in person wouldn’t work as teller wouldn’t allow it because the government issued cheques weren’t in my name. But through the bank machine or bank app... no problem.

I’m guessing the cheques you have in storage are no good as there is a timeline where cheques are automatically voided.

johnnyCanuck,
Reactions: Pipes
Top Bottom