Canada Post maybe lost Pipe's Caldron Induction Heater?

mb0101

Package says delivered but it's missing. Possibly delivered to wrong address or something.

CP said to ask Pipes to make a investigation if it doesn't arrive by next week.

Pipes said no point because if they rule in my favour he can't accept the payment from CP because his business doesn't exhist?

What are my options?

I'd like a refund just to not deal with this anymore but would also like a IH.

Would love a IH at cost to replace it if CP messed up..

Would love a response to my PMs to figure this out Pipes.

mb0101,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I had something like this happening to me one time with Canada Post, the package was delivered but it was on a holiday and the Post was not working that day. I was told that it possible the package was scanned by mistake and it should be delivered the next day. If you are lucky maybe that will happen to you too. Canada Post is a mess right now because of the pandemic, waiting time are horrible. Hopefully in the next week your IH will reach your home.

Bigpoppafudge420

seems weird to make a whole thread to address this. Pipes is a human just like anyone else im sure he will answer your pm's in due time. it also seems weird that Canada post needs him to start an investigation for a package missing after being deemed delivered man. If that were the case wouldn't every seller just never open an investigation since they did their due diligence and CP lost it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
CP said to ask Pipes to make a investigation if it doesn't arrive by next week.

Pipes said no point because if they rule in my favour he can't accept the payment from CP because his business doesn't exist?

Educate me. While I understand Pipe's business being under-the-table, I don't understand why he or mb0101 (2 independents) can't
file a claim for reimbursent. I would think that pipes could supply an invoice for the sale (as said, between 2 private parties) & MB has his payment invoice to pipes to reflect the price.

Do as CP said & wait the week out & see what happens. Hopefully, as Chemist said, the pkg. will materialize. Once, one of my pkgs was marked delivered. The US PO got back to me after researching & found out that the postman went home sick, but had marked the tracked pkgs at the beginning of his shift before he got sick. Wrong!, I know. I've also had UPS pkgs out for delivery that weren't delivered until the day & even sat on the truck all weekend.

seems weird to make a whole thread to address this.

Not weird at all. The OP has every right to be upset & ask his fellow members for advice. That's what we're here for.

Pipes is a human just like anyone else im sure he will answer your pm's in due time.

What does being a human being have to do with anything? And, pipe's did answer his pm -- nothing he can do. Pipe's is a businessman & has responsibilities as such regardless if his business is off the books.

it also seems weird that Canada post needs him to start an investigation for a package missing after being deemed delivered man. If that were the case wouldn't every seller just never open an investigation since they did their due diligence and CP lost it.

To my knowledge, it's the shipper that opens the investigation. And as a customer, I would expect a seller to go to bat for me. It's not only right, it shows goodwill.

Henceforth, when I order something from a business, I'm gonna ask what the business' responsibility is in this case scenario. I can't afford to lose $100 with nothing to show for it.

My original question stands, if pipes sold an item as an independent & MB can show payment, how will that play into it if the item is lost or stolen?

Last edited:

seki

I noticed this thread was posted on the weekend, not too long after, or around the same time this was locked on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/hpajky
I assumed you were the same person, as the details and complaints were very similar and the posts were made within a short time in between them. You mention here that @Pipes would be refunding some of your costs as a satisfactory resolution, but it seems like this same account now posted a new Caldron for sale on EntExchange:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/hr6k7u
Just curious, was there more to the resolution of this story? Is @Pipes aware that you seem to have received your lost package?

mb0101

I noticed this thread was posted on the weekend, not too long after, or around the same time this was locked on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/hpajky
I assumed you were the same person, as the details and complaints were very similar and the posts were made within a short time in between them. You mention here that @Pipes would be refunding some of your costs as a satisfactory resolution, but it seems like this same account now posted a new Caldron for sale on EntExchange:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/hr6k7u
Just curious, was there more to the resolution of this story? Is @Pipes aware that you seem to have received your lost package?

Let Pipes know the situation yesterday morning at 10am that CP called and said Pipes had to make a case because it wasn't delivered to me.

Pipes sent me half the transfer back immediately instead of making a case.

Arrived this morning at 10am after a neighbor said it was given to them.

Cancelled the cases with CP.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Let Pipes know the situation yesterday morning at 10am that CP called and said Pipes had to make a case because it wasn't delivered to me.

Pipes sent me half the transfer back immediately instead of making a case.

Arrived this morning at 10am after a neighbor said it was given to them.

Cancelled the cases with CP.
So are you going to give me the refund back?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
That seems fair. @Pipes , maybe you want to offer people the option of insured delivery on your site. No one will opt for the extra expense but you can point that out to them when they have an issue :)
:ninja:The problem is that Canada Post reimburses by cheque made out to "afterthoughts solutions" which has no bank account. I have a few of them now.:ninja:
I have to admit though, a little disappointed @mb0101 put it up for sale right away and did not contact me about receiving it right after I gave him a refund. I hope DV is aware as well because he had them put out an investigation too. He's selling it as well I see. :suspicious:

mb0101

Whoa.. I stated that both cases were closed once item received lol.

I have to admit though, a little disappointed @mb0101 put it up for sale right away and did not contact me about receiving it right after I gave him a refund. I hope DV is aware as well because he had them put out an investigation too. He's selling it as well I see. :suspicious:

Also I literally let you know that CP said to open a case on Wednesday if it doesn't show up by then in the msgs I believe. Instead of replying you just sent a refund..

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
How would the post office know to cancel since a neighbor had it? You started complaining Friday that the tracking stated delivered on Thursday. You also said you started a ticket with CP along with a ticket for the DV. After two pages of PMs, I transferred you the partial refund after you said that CP got back to you stated they had a relief driver that put the key in the wrong mailbox.
I had no idea you started this thread along with threads on other forums cautioning buyers of my integrity. :disgust:
There is still no reason not to return the refund to me. :shrug:

mb0101

How would the post office know to cancel since a neighbor had it? You started complaining Friday that the tracking stated delivered on Thursday. You also said you started a ticket with CP along with a ticket for the DV. After two pages of PMs, I transferred you the partial refund after you said that CP got back to you stated they had a relief driver that put the key in the wrong mailbox.
I had no idea you started this thread along with threads on other forums cautioning buyers of my integrity. :disgust:
There is still no reason not to return the refund to me. :shrug:

CP literally called me and told me that it was left in the wrong box. Then a neighbor dropped it off and I canceled the cases lol wow.

I hope you realize none of this would have happened in any way shape or form if you simply were able to make a case with CP instead of having your set up.

Also I deleted the post complaining on other site after you responded lol.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'll be completely honest with you I already re-sold them both to break even after your refund because I didn't expect you to ask for it back since you sent it immediately without making a case.

Spent $200. Refund $60. Sold for $200. Shipping was $60. Separate international sales.
What the hell kind of math is this?
I sell for $95 USD to you, you paid in full. You started complaining that CP screwed up and gave the key to the wrong house. I explained insurance would not help in my case and was willing to split any losses. Instead of making you wait as you were so sure it was gone, I refunded right away. Now you received the unit and you think keeping the refund is right? So you're saying it's my fault for giving a refund too quickly...?
Also, CP will not let the buyer open a case so not sure how you managed.

mb0101

What the hell kind of math is this?
I sell for $95 USD to you, you paid in full. You started complaining that CP screwed up and gave the key to the wrong house. I explained insurance would not help in my case and was willing to split any losses. Instead of making you wait as you were so sure it was gone, I refunded right away. Now you received the unit and you think keeping the refund is right? So you're saying it's my fault for giving a refund too quickly...?
Also, CP will not let the buyer open a case so not sure how you managed.
The math was in CAD.

Top Bottom