Can I get your recommendation for my next 2021 vape purchase?

I get it, its probably a very nice product. But the whole appearance just repels me, I am not quite sure why, but I shudder at the thought of the words:

Bowle® is Class
Bowle® is with You
Bowle® is Tasteful
Bowle® is Now

its a goddamm vaporizer to comsume cannabis, I would love to not have every single product I could potentially buy be advertised as a LIFESTYLE. that just eggs me on.

I am sure they did some splendid work on that thing, but the water glass hit me as nothing but a very absurd gimmick (although I do see the practicality of Water combined with Weed). 400 Bucks is another reason for me to stay faaar away from that.

I wonder who and how much was invested in this company for them to be able to afford all this R&D plus the professional babble on their website.

'Design 1st are the design pioneers behind We-Vibe, the world's fastest selling adult massager and multiple Health Canada approved medical devices.'

thats just so fucking funny to me. Obviously they tried very hard to come up with a hell of a lot of nice text, but I just cant take that seriously
Same here. It looks absurd. I wouldn't get it even if it was free LOL

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not OP but totally going to order one of these now. Do you consider any of the accessories to be essential? What's the deal with the beeswax? Need that?

Yeah come join us in the TM thread, we get this question all the time so if you just skim through the past several pages you should find all the answers you need! It depends what you already have, but I recommend both WPA's, spare screens and o-rings, extra long stem if it appeals to you (it is kind of like using separate J hook with WPA, though not quite as good as that, though more portable all in one) and extra regular stems of you break things (extra cooling unit if you plan on using it a lot and want to be able to swap for a clean one) The beeswax can be gotten anywhere, any kind of wood butter, so not necessarily necessary but can be useful if you want to finish your TM further and don't have anything already!

You are aware of the Vape Mail ban correct? It has caused some folks to close up shop (Lotus, Terp Torch) or go on hiatus (Fluxer). And others have taken various steps to avoid the term vape or give the appearance of multiple uses for their devices. Maybe Tafee went a bit far for your taste, but everyone is trying to figure this out with a range of responses. Dynavap is proposing using the term TED (stands for Terpene Extraction Devices IIRC) for thier stuff.

I really detest all the people I see saying thermal extraction device now, calling it TED is even worse! I actually like the term aromatize, although that is the new name for the vapbong: Aromatizer... Because yeah what's wrong with aromatherapy devices?? But also when it's just us consumers talking, we can say vape, it's like a million times easier and doesn't sound ridiculous lol

@lifeisgoodnow Elev8r does sound like a good option for you then!

Underdog is UD, Heat Island is HI, there are two very well-known log vapes with very generous gifted creators, wide variety of design options as well! No the woodscents is not like an induction heater, a log vape is using pure convection to pull heat from Ti or steel ceramic and/or glass core in the center of the log, through the herbs loaded in a glass steel or wooden stem (woodscents just uses the dyna stem as the stem and bowl, so no vapcap tip) so they are extremely efficient, simply pure, enano is similar but more mass produced... Heat Island is my favorite, it is also the cheapest option, he sells some basic models if you email him he can tell you what is in stock, he makes them out of cork or bamboo at an amazing price, there are several different inner core options and both small and large sizes available... Log vapes in a nutshell!

Hey all, so up to now I have used the Ariser (no longer own that) .... Which Arizer model? It will help to know if it was their desktop or which portable when making a suggestion.

I'm more of a hit and go person. I don't do long sessions because I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to cannabis. 1 or 2 hits and I'm good. .... Are you doing this on the go or at home?

I try as much as I can to avoid plastic devices even though the firefly2 has a plastic mouthpiece, the rest is ceramic and glass. .... Vapes that I use that I consider air path clean. MFLB wood with metal screen. Flip Brick wood, metal screen butane powered. ELEV8R desktops (Buddha, LSV, Surfer) ceramic cartridge heater, glass air path, house current powered. E-Nano, ceramic cartridge heater sleeved in metal, glass stem air path, house current powered.

I think I am looking for a microdosing / on demand vape. .... I steer away from the micro label because the load sizes varies so much from user to user. My primary small load size vape (.03 g range) is an E-Nano and when loaded in that range it functions as an on demand/one hitter vape. That said, with a little tinkering many large capacities can run small loads, in my case the ELEV8R desktops are examples.
I used to use ARIZER AIR 1 then moved to firefly 2+

I use this device only at home never outside

MFLB I have considered but I hear it combusts a lot and there is a trick to drawing from it. I avoid all butane as you end up looking like a crack head lol

The e-nano looks like wood scents ( which company companied the other?)

lifeisgoodnow,

Shit Snacks

I used to use ARIZER AIR 1 then moved to firefly 2+

I use this device only at home never outside

MFLB I have considered but I hear it combusts a lot and there is a trick to drawing from it. I avoid all butane as you end up looking like a crack head lol

The e-nano looks like wood scents ( which company companied the other?)

Ed's woodscents log came after the others, and e-nano actually came after the heat island... No one really copied anyone per se, log vape is basic old technology, there are a lot of DIY, there used to be Purple Days and others I think who kind of pioneered this technology before underdog in fact...

Yeah so from arizer air and firefly to use at home, again my recommendations are still the tinymight and or firewood7 for you!

Yeah come join us in the TM thread, we get this question all the time so if you just skim through the past several pages you should find all the answers you need! It depends what you already have, but I recommend both WPA's, spare screens and o-rings, extra long stem if it appeals to you (it is kind of like using separate J hook with WPA, though not quite as good as that, though more portable all in one) and extra regular stems of you break things (extra cooling unit if you plan on using it a lot and want to be able to swap for a clean one) The beeswax can be gotten anywhere, any kind of wood butter, so not necessarily necessary but can be useful if you want to finish your TM further and don't have anything already!

I really detest all the people I see saying thermal extraction device now, calling it TED is even worse! I actually like the term aromatize, although that is the new name for the vapbong: Aromatizer... Because yeah what's wrong with aromatherapy devices?? But also when it's just us consumers talking, we can say vape, it's like a million times easier and doesn't sound ridiculous lol

Underdog is UD, Heat Island is HI, there are two very well-known log vapes with very generous gifted creators, wide variety of design options as well! No the woodscents is not like an induction heater, a log vape is using pure convection to pull heat from Ti or steel ceramic and/or glass core in the center of the log, through the herbs loaded in a glass steel or wooden stem (woodscents just uses the dyna stem as the stem and bowl, so no vapcap tip) so they are extremely efficient, simply pure, enano is similar but more mass produced... Heat Island is my favorite, it is also the cheapest option, he sells some basic models if you email him he can tell you what is in stock, he makes them out of cork or bamboo at an amazing price, there are several different inner core options and both small and large sizes available... Log vapes in a nutshell!
Okay so this log vapes thing is new to me.

From looking at Underdog, Woodscents, e-nano and Heat Island

Would I be right in saying they all function the same

i.e 2 parts

-The log which is the heater and plugs in
-The stem which you place in the middle of it to heat the herb convection style

They heat it, and then you remove the stem which has the herb in it and take a hit ( away from the heater )

If this is correct, I like the sound of that. I think what has bothered me for a long time about vapes ( and maybe this is unfounded paranoia) but I didn't like the idea of taking a hit from something which has a battery inside of it. ( so close to my face just in case it blew up) lol

Whereas by the sound of it a LOG vape just lets you heat up and then remove a stem and take a hit (away from the heater), like a Dynavap placed in an induction heater. Logs are just the induction heater right with a detachable stem?

Shit Snacks

Okay so this log vapes thing is new to me.

From looking at Underdog, Woodscents, e-nano and Heat Island

Would I be right in saying they all function the same

i.e 2 parts

-The log which is the heater and plugs in
-The stem which you place in the middle of it to heat the herb convection style

They heat it, and then you remove the stem which has the herb in it and take a hit ( away from the heater )

If this is correct, I like the sound of that. I think what has bothered me for a long time about vapes ( and maybe this is unfounded paranoia) but I didn't like the idea of taking a hit from something which has a battery inside of it. ( so close to my face just in case it blew up) lol

Whereas by the sound of it a LOG vape just lets you heat up and then remove a stem and take a hit (away from the heater), like a Dynavap placed in an induction heater. Logs are just the induction heater right with a detachable stem?

You are correct they are all basically the same function, however you misunderstood the function:

You don't place the stem on the heater let it sit and then hit, you place the stem on the heater as you inhale and that is your hit. Pure convection you are creating the vapor by inhaling hot air through the herbs, if you are not inhaling then you are not creating vapor... So in use this is instant on demand vapor, although the log will need 5 to 15 minutes to heat up depending on the log and power settings...

So there is another part, some logs have a dial or dimmer switch, or a VVPS, to control the power, or they can run directly from the plug at one power setting, it really depends on which log you get from who.

So yeah you are inhaling from the heater, is perfectly safe though, but all pure convection is going to be like that...

What you described with the DynaVap is not convection, that is conduction, putting it in an induction heater is letting it heat up and create the vapor for you, much like your arizer air... True convection is going to be more like your firefly, press the button and inhale to create the vapor...

I hope that makes sense??

Elev8r you use a torch to heat up the heating element, but then when it comes time to take your hit, it is you inhaling air through the quartz to heat it and then inhaling that hot air through the herbs to create the vapor... Does this all make sense??

It's not available now, but if you could get the station with the vapman, that is a pure conduction plug-in setup where you load and place the herb on the heater and then you remove it to take a hit when the light turns green, then put it back for another. That is pure conduction, when the vapor is created for you, pure convection you're doing the work (unless it is something like a volcano with an air pump filling bags)

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Sorry for the abbreviations @lifeisgoodnow, I agree that a lot of the vaporizer specific jargon isn’t terribly clear. I’m on mobile and typing up long winded responses is a pain, so I was just trying to save a few key presses! I think otherwise @Shit Snacks answered most of the questions. I think a log is fantastic. There are options for an all glass vapor path, easy to use, and on demand once it’s powered up (I’ll grant that it takes at least a 10 min warm up if you want a true wake and bake experience), and extremely efficient with your flower. Iirc from your original post you already had some portable options you liked so it would be my vote still.

Kins

Aromatize is the term for testosterone converting to estrogen in the body....Just thought I'd share.

Kins

Lol, that’s aromatase (kinda... it’s an enzyme, not a verb).

When aromtase acts on an enzyme it converts to estrogen....So it "aromatizes" into estrogen. Your misunderstanding but whatever. I'm not gonna argue over it.

You are correct they are all basically the same function, however you misunderstood the function:

You don't place the stem on the heater let it sit and then hit, you place the stem on the heater as you inhale and that is your hit. Pure convection you are creating the vapor by inhaling hot air through the herbs, if you are not inhaling then you are not creating vapor... So in use this is instant on demand vapor, although the log will need 5 to 15 minutes to heat up depending on the log and power settings...

So there is another part, some logs have a dial or dimmer switch, or a VVPS, to control the power, or they can run directly from the plug at one power setting, it really depends on which log you get from who.

So yeah you are inhaling from the heater, is perfectly safe though, but all pure convection is going to be like that...

What you described with the DynaVap is not convection, that is conduction, putting it in an induction heater is letting it heat up and create the vapor for you, much like your arizer air... True convection is going to be more like your firefly, press the button and inhale to create the vapor...

I hope that makes sense??

Elev8r you use a torch to heat up the heating element, but then when it comes time to take your hit, it is you inhaling air through the quartz to heat it and then inhaling that hot air through the herbs to create the vapor... Does this all make sense??

It's not available now, but if you could get the station with the vapman, that is a pure conduction plug-in setup where you load and place the herb on the heater and then you remove it to take a hit when the light turns green, then put it back for another. That is pure conduction, when the vapor is created for you, pure convection you're doing the work (unless it is something like a volcano with an air pump filling bags)
Yes that makes sense. Thanks.

By the way, you've owned a lot of vapes ;)

You still enjoying the hopper.io ( is it worth getting or are they still having so many problems as a company that its worth avoiding?)

howie105

I used to use ARIZER AIR 1 then moved to firefly 2+ .... Good to know, many people elect to purchase an Arizer EQ as their first desktop. I have never owned one, but they seem to have a decent reputation.

I use this device only at home never outside .... For a low volume hit and go user I will suggest a log vape. An E-Nano is happy doing one or two hit size loads, it's an easy to use and maintain vape, and you can let it run 24/7, so it's always ready to go.

MFLB I have considered but I hear it combusts a lot and there is a trick to drawing from it. I avoid all butane as you end up looking like a crack head lol .... The MFLB is an investment vape, it tries your patience, burns an occasional tench but when one figures it out it rewards them.

The e-nano looks like wood scents ( which company companied the other?) .... The ceramic heater and analog controls are in such common use that I don't see a clear line for development. I suspect it was some DIY stoner cabbageing his soldering iron.

howie105,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Yes that makes sense. Thanks.

By the way, you've owned a lot of vapes ;)

You still enjoying the hopper.io ( is it worth getting or are they still having so many problems as a company that its worth avoiding?)

Haha yes, yes I have, somehow I believe there are members here who still have me beat, though I'm doing my level best! :lol:

I actually have never tried the Hopper IO, fighting temptation with myself to preorder blue one now with no idea when it will actually ship and if it will be reliable... I have OG steel and an OG titanium bought last year so I could rig it with the steel to use my Max Vapor PA kit plugged into the wall (used to have the original blue titanium that worked well enough though I sold it because there are too many flaws in the design for my needs-- pen click power button, tiny vapor path, hot body among the top three)

SquirrelMaster

My vote goes to the Tinymight, I think it would fit your usage the best. It's the most versatile and will be ready in seconds whenever you need it to be. Forget to charge you battery and you can always have another ready to go in seconds if you grab a spare. Flavour is really good and you can extract very quickly at higher temps. Cleaning is very easy as well.

A log is a good microdoser if you're taking hits spread out but I find the Tinymight a lot more convenient with less of a learning curve.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Count me as another vote for the Tinymight.

For me the best Tinymight hits are with a fancy custom j-hook like the ones in that pic so I only use the short stem when I take the Tinymight out of the house. Flavor suffers noticeably with the stainless steel cooling unit in the air path and it clogs up ten times quicker than the WPA and j-hook combo.

The Tinymight is so easy to like. The oak body might smell of seaweed a bit at first but it goes away before too long.

Agreeeeeed 1000%. Except I would say the CU clogs up more like... 100x faster. Over the weekend I was wondering when I'll know it's time to clean the WPA and hook itself. It's been pretty entertaining to watch the WPA get slowly coated in a layer of reclaim. I feel like it will be a long while before the hooks need to be cleaned.

Personally I cant stand the "TED" full name or abbreviation. It makes me cringe

I think I've heard "thanks for coming to my Ted Talk" one too many times and its ruined it for me. Or it could just me being grumpy... I tend to dislike any "generalizations" or recurring themes.

You wanna put TED on your package to avoid extra eyes... okay. They're still vaporizers? No need to convert the US to metric over this one...

Texus

Sorry if I missed it in my quick scan of the thread. But Dynavap or Dynavap + induction heater should be part of this discussion from my POV. No better microdoser that I have found. You can even adjust bowl size down to miniscule volume. But with the entry point for induction heaters around $50 (SJK Dental Wax heater on Amazon) and $100ish for portable ones (Pipes' Hotshot, for example. His cauldron is only a bit more than the SJK too BTW) you are getting a great option even if you are torch averse. And at higher prices, you start to get more adjustability in induction heaters, like Fluxer's PWM technology. And so many techniques and ways to hit the Dynavaps that it is really possible to dial in the perfect hit for you. What type of torch you use, where you aim torch on the tip, how deep you insert the tip in an induction heater, SS tip vs Ti tip, how/whether you use carb, speed of inhale, etc.

OK, DV rant over. We can get back to bashing Bowle and TED marketing.

staircase slight of hand

“It looks silly! How could I possibly let a silly object into my life??!!!”

I honestly can’t imagine going through life like this. Late-stage capitalism’s really done a number on our species.

staircase slight of hand,
Top Bottom